Just like life

seerstil
seerstil Posts: 4 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Cash Shop Huddle
Those that can afford it wipe the floor with those that can't. I guess this game is only to be a success for the cash shop buyers, and the rest of us get dumped on. Cheers PWI b:angry
Post edited by seerstil on

Comments

• shnuggles
    shnuggles Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    seerstil wrote: »
    Those that can afford it wipe the floor with those that can't. I guess this game is only to be a success for the cash shop buyers, and the rest of us get dumped on. Cheers PWI b:angry

Have you tried using the Gold Trade system? You can acquire ZEN through auctions by other players with your in game coins. This is an easy solution where you would not have to pay real money for ZEN.
    -Your friendly neighborhood Shnuggs-
    [PWE Billing]
    Perfect World Entertainment Customer Support System

"Any man worth his salt will stick up for what he believes right, but it takes a slightly better man to acknowledge instantly and without reservation that he is in error."
    -Andrew Jackson

Shnuggles [Shh-nugg-ulls]
    -proper noun
    1. He who turns negativity into giddiness.
    2. Has an IRL cat that plays fetch b:victory
  • seerstil
    edited February 2010
    Gold prices in game don't always reflect the value of the item that is to be purchased from the cash shop, because at the end of the day everyone is after a profit.
    So this means its still harder and longer for the person without cash shop access to progress in game.

So it is "just like life", those with cash prosper and progress further and faster than those that don't.
  • shnuggles
    shnuggles Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Gold prices in game don't always reflect the value of the item that is to be purchased from the cash shop, because at the end of the day everyone is after a profit.
    So this means its still harder and longer for the person without cash shop access to progress in game.

So it is "just like life", those with cash prosper and progress further and faster than those that don't.

Well I am sorry you do feel this way. The Gold Trade system is there specifically for users that cannot purchase ZEN through normal means.

As for Cash Shop access, what do you mean by this? Our logs show that you have at least 10 purchases to this account. Is there a different issue at hand that you need assistance with?
    -Your friendly neighborhood Shnuggs-
    [PWE Billing]
    Perfect World Entertainment Customer Support System

"Any man worth his salt will stick up for what he believes right, but it takes a slightly better man to acknowledge instantly and without reservation that he is in error."
    -Andrew Jackson

Shnuggles [Shh-nugg-ulls]
    -proper noun
    1. He who turns negativity into giddiness.
    2. Has an IRL cat that plays fetch b:victory
  • Transcend - Lost City
    Transcend - Lost City Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    lolpwned!!
    youtube.com/transcendpw

Latest Release: Electric Daisy Carnival [20 June 2013]
    Total Videos: 38
    Subscribers: 1,775
    Total Views: 1.21 million

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    shnuggles wrote: »
    As for Cash Shop access, what do you mean by this? Our logs show that you have at least 10 purchases to this account. Is there a different issue at hand that you need assistance with?

pwnd?b:chuckle
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • seerstil
    edited February 2010
    I'm guessing privacy of any account is not something you consider.

I am also guessing that you believe that every purchase is made with the card holders knowledge.
  • Faith_z - Sanctuary
    Faith_z - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited February 2010

I am also guessing that you believe that every purchase is made with the card holders knowledge.

+10 @Shnuggles .. I beleive you sig now : 1. He who turns negativity into giddiness

@OP -> you come here to QQ about not being able to hang with the big dogs cause you cant cash shop, and here you go, you got asked if you needed any assistance with your problems, cause you did buy gold....
    Privacy of an account, honey if you didnt want people to know you had bought gold, then you shouldntve made a qq thread about it.

just shows: If you wanna run with the big dogs.. stop poopin' like a puppy

And.. as for the gms beleiving you made every purchase with the card holders knowledge... are you trying to say that you didnt just buy gold and starting to qq about cash shoppers while you are one, but you also stole/used mommies creditcard for it when she didnt know it?
    My caracters:
    Faith_z - 7x Cleric (main)
    HaveFaith_z - 5x Veno
    Ivory_Soul -3x Psychic

Dont give me an attitude, I got one of my own!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Saitadatude FTW :P
  • orinj
    orinj Posts: 460 admin
    edited February 2010

Rest assured your privacy is of the utmost importance.

Orinj
    F.E.A.R. has two meanings: Forget Everything And Run - OR - Face Everything And Rise. The choice is yours, my friend.
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited February 2010

Ouch! That was awesome shnuggles! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • Queen_Ari - Heavens Tear
    Queen_Ari - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    +10 @Shnuggles .. I beleive you sig now : 1. He who turns negativity into giddiness

@OP -> you come here to QQ about not being able to hang with the big dogs cause you cant cash shop, and here you go, you got asked if you needed any assistance with your problems, cause you did buy gold....
    Privacy of an account, honey if you didnt want people to know you had bought gold, then you shouldntve made a qq thread about it.

just shows: If you wanna run with the big dogs.. stop poopin' like a puppy

And.. as for the gms beleiving you made every purchase with the card holders knowledge... are you trying to say that you didnt just buy gold and starting to qq about cash shoppers while you are one, but you also stole/used mommies creditcard for it when she didnt know it?

she never said that she didn't buy gold, mabye she was speaking out for the rest of us. the prices really made my eyes bulge and the gold trading systems prices in coins even more so. its pretty true that the ones who have access to money have an advantage over those who don't just like real life (hence the name of the topic)
    edited February 2010

-.- i totally agree with you with the "wipe the floor with those who can't thing -.-

i still feel like i enjoy the game though (its my FIRST MMORPG EVER! XD when i first loged in i was like O_O ooooo the pretty colors!!! -.- though i do get jealous of the rich people!b:chuckle

at first i thought that the supply box was a little something to help us little people along and they were being generous...then i found out that you have to buy "hammers" latter on to open then a progress to the next stage at lv 50. i was like : -.- ooooof course,...WHY did i not see this comming? -.-
    edited February 2010
    Have you tried using the Gold Trade system? You can acquire ZEN through auctions by other players with your in game coins. This is an easy solution where you would not have to pay real money for ZEN.

-.- the prices are horrid in the gold trading system....or mabye im doing something wrong. like how people pay $200 dollars for a game pet and each gold is about high 400,000-low 600,000...unless the prices raised agian.

*amount we make grinding (gets higher with lv)-armour fees(gets higher with lv)-pot fees(gets higher with lv)-wep fees(gets higher with lv)- skill fees(gets higher with lv)- pet food (for venos or people with pets)= definetly not THAT amount (people who make it are very skilled at making money and i should really ask them for some advice *_* )

in my opinion people seriously overprice EVERYTHING in the game, almost all of the cat shops are...well...-.- rip offs. (people try to buy matts a 1k each and try seeling gor 5 -.- wooooww)

the economy is dropping, so not many can afford real gold. while the economy is dropping and people are losing jobs and income, the game is adding updated cashshop items and incresing the prices -.-
    edited February 2010

true (it really amazes me how people can pay 60 dollars for a mount) and some spend $20 PER fashion outfit (that is RANDOMLY colored!!!>.> there is no garentee you'll like it) and even spending money on dyes, when i was spending summer vacation in china (parents are divorced...apparently if you log on to perfect world international there you get bannedb:shocked i had no idea the game wan't really "international")
    the prices on stuff (chinese version of perfect world) were pretty similar to the ones here...but here's the catch -.- divide their price by 7 and thats how much it is in US currency -.-
  • seerstil
    edited February 2010
    Thx at last.

As a first time forum user i'm obviously not the best at wording things.

I would have have no objection to saying i had bought gold if it had been asked rather than stated by a person of "trust". My gold buying was foolish and if i care to admit it frenzied at first, but i soon noticed that to achieve anything i would have to buy vast amounts of the stuff.

And as for the "she" quotes please give me a break as a man it gets rather worrying to see that :) also the mommies credit card comment was made by someone without full information about the thread starter, i'm probably older than a lot of the users of this game, if was of the age of most of you i probably would have had a better understanding of forums and the best way to get my point across.

From all of this i have learned that it is best to think before entering any sort of comment on a forum, which strange as it seams isn't that far from the thread title
    edited February 2010
    she never said that she didn't buy gold, mabye she was speaking out for the rest of us. the prices really made my eyes bulge and the gold trading systems prices in coins even more so. its pretty true that the ones who have access to money have an advantage over those who don't just like real life (hence the name of the topic)
    Really? People who charge ridiculous amounts of zen have an advantage over those of us who don't? Uh, yeah.

I don't see why so many people complain though; it's people like them who keep the game more or less free for the rest of us (not to mention keep the game online).b:bye

As for the gold prices, yeah it's expensive. Then again, you giving someone little pixels in exchange for money that was earned in real life (either by them or someone else).
    at first i thought that the supply box was a little something to help us little people along and they were being generous...then i found out that you have to buy "hammers" latter on to open then a progress to the next stage at lv 50. i was like : -.- ooooof course,...WHY did i not see this comming? -.-
    The supply box is there to help out players. You don't need to open the level 50 box but if you want to then saving 2 mil coins for a hammer at level 50 is easy as long as you didn't spend your coins on useless **** (like I usually do). 2 mil coins for a level 50 weapon sounds like a lot but opening the level 50 box not only gives you a weapon but also gives you access to the supply boxes after it: 55, 60, 65, 70, 75, 80 (last one needs another hammer though but it's the last one and what's inside is worthless). Now, the items in the boxes after 50 combined are worth just about 2 mil coins.

Also, we all got around just fine before the supply stash came out.
    -.- the prices are horrid in the gold trading system....or mabye im doing something wrong. like how people pay $200 dollars for a game pet and each gold is about high 400,000-low 600,000...unless the prices raised agian.

Gold prices on HT are 360k max last time I checked (which was last night actually). Not sure where you're getting 600k from (400k isn't that much of a stretch though so I'll let that slide).

*amount we make grinding (gets higher with lv)-armour fees(gets higher with lv)-pot fees(gets higher with lv)-wep fees(gets higher with lv)- skill fees(gets higher with lv)- pet food (for venos or people with pets)= definetly not THAT amount (people who make it are very skilled at making money and i should really ask them for some advice *_* )

You'll never get rich through grinding and saving. As you get more coin so does everyone else which makes the price of everything go up as time goes on.

If you want to make money then look around for good deals and go afk in a cat shop for an hour so so every day.

in my opinion people seriously overprice EVERYTHING in the game, almost all of the cat shops are...well...-.- rip offs. (people try to buy matts a 1k each and try seeling gor 5 -.- wooooww)

Yes, that's a ripoff. Which is why I don't buy from those people.

the economy is dropping, so not many can afford real gold. while the economy is dropping and people are losing jobs and income, the game is adding updated cashshop items and incresing the prices -.-

PWI is a business. Businesses need to make money. Even though I'm pretty sure that they'd make more money if they lower prices in the boutique a bit, they're going in the other direction and milking the big spenders for as much as they can. Doesn't make much sense but I'm not a business major. Still, that's what it seems like to me.
    the prices on stuff (chinese version of perfect world) were pretty similar to the ones here...but here's the catch -.- divide their price by 7 and thats how much it is in US currency -.-
    6.8 yuan = 1 dollar
    In real life, the prices are also pretty much the same.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    Thx at last.

As a first time forum user i'm obviously not the best at wording things.

I would have have no objection to saying i had bought gold if it had been asked rather than stated by a person of "trust". My gold buying was foolish and if i care to admit it frenzied at first, but i soon noticed that to achieve anything i would have to buy vast amounts of the stuff.

And as for the "she" quotes please give me a break as a man it gets rather worrying to see that :) also the mommies credit card comment was made by someone without full information about the thread starter, i'm probably older than a lot of the users of this game, if was of the age of most of you i probably would have had a better understanding of forums and the best way to get my point across.

From all of this i have learned that it is best to think before entering any sort of comment on a forum, which strange as it seams isn't that far from the thread title

O_O...oops XD my bad (the no picture thing always makes me feel like its a girl) XD sorry! haha XD

..now that i think about it....i nvr go on forums really..funny since i like to talk XD. the times i have (i think about..3 actual conversations i think? XD i find it hard to get motevated unless it interests me, like a bunch of people ganging up on one person -.-):
    -..i somehow became friends with someone by having a harsh debate with her O_O

-...got fans-.-(my friend laughed her butt off at this)

-got insulted by a person who was cursing at people for a week XD (I was laughing my butt off at this, its was funny, i had so much fun! XD this is where i got the fans)

-someone told me i should be an atturney -.- i wasn't really sure if she ment it as an insult or complement -.- (im a direct person, any sublte hints, beating around the bush,etc. will fly right past my head. XD) im the type of person who won't give up and thrive off being pushed into a corner (all the more fun to escape, otherwise it would be boring XD) so i guess this time i'll be your atterney! XD (free of charge, lol )

-...conversations/debates/etc nvr end "normal" when im in it XD (it sometimes even go off topic, or as my friend would say: go off road and straight into a river XD )

what i find funny about the "atturney" thing is, i want to be a doctor when i grow up. XD

-oh just to warn people, if i sound mean or insulting in any posts, your missreading it i speak bluntly with no sugar coating i didn't mean it as an insult...-.- well unless you insulted me then in that case your probably reading it correctly (depends on the insult, it has to be a REALLY good one for me to actully care enough to insult back)

-that and i make a LOT of spelling errors/grammer/etc. -.- still studying for AP world history test ..it should be illegal for them to make a textbook in which a magority of a magnet school can't COMPREHEND!!! >.> (its true the teacher tried reading it in class..in the end, she asked if we had any questions, the class went "what did we just read? -.- its was sad yet funny at the same time.XD
    edited February 2010
    Really? People who charge ridiculous amounts of zen have an advantage over those of us who don't? Uh, yeah.

I don't see why so many people complain though; it's people like them who keep the game more or less free for the rest of us (not to mention keep the game online).b:bye

It would also be the same if they charged LESS, more people would buy and they would be making pretty much the same amount if not more. (since we have a larger middle class and lower class than JUST targeting the high clss)

As for the gold prices, yeah it's expensive. Then again, you giving someone little pixels in exchange for money that was earned in real life (either by them or someone else).

-.- pixels are not worth that much (making them i mean).

The supply box is there to help out players. You don't need to open the level 50 box but if you want to then saving 2 mil coins for a hammer at level 50 is easy as long as you didn't spend your coins on useless **** (like I usually do). 2 mil coins for a level 50 weapon sounds like a lot but opening the level 50 box not only gives you a weapon but also gives you access to the supply boxes after it: 55, 60, 65, 70, 75, 80 (last one needs another hammer though but it's the last one and what's inside is worthless). Now, the items in the boxes after 50 combined are worth just about 2 mil coins.

i ment "help out" as in freebies to help people that are a in a "bad shape" in terms of coins (you know like a charity or a giveaway). you said it yourself all the stuff is WORTH 2 mil, so in otherwords we're still buying it. all they did was put it into a box.
    Also, we all got around just fine before the supply stash came out.

yes but it is helpful. (charms, pots, weps, ect.) like how my friend and i have bad internet connections (cheap internet >.>) and even when we get hp charms the game doesn't let us log in for a long time or kicks us out due to connection, etc.= we die and lost all of our charm. -.- so haveing extras definatly helps. (though my friend got soooo mad when the game froze on her and she lost a brand new charm)

6.8 yuan = 1 dollar
    In real life, the prices are also pretty much the same.

yes but i calculated the prices while i was there, its cheaper.
    edited February 2010
    Gold prices on HT are 360k max last time I checked (which was last night actually). Not sure where you're getting 600k from (400k isn't that much of a stretch though so I'll let that slide).

your on dreamweaver, im on heavens tear, last time i checked it was around that range. 400,000 is about as low as it gets, the usual is in the mid-high 500,000, sometimes reaches at most low 600,000. but now all the prices are rising so its probably higher now.
    edited February 2010
    If you want to make money then look around for good deals and go afk in a cat shop for an hour so so every day.
    -.- i can never find any deals ouside arch, i have a horrid connection, arch is a taboo area i can't even walk through the door without trouble...like 5 min -.- (then it kicks me off) if by some miracle i make it, there are no good deals -.- its evil, all of them are overpriced.
    edited February 2010
    PWI is a business. Businesses need to make money. Even though I'm pretty sure that they'd make more money if they lower prices in the boutique a bit, they're going in the other direction and milking the big spenders for as much as they can. Doesn't make much sense but I'm not a business major. Still, that's what it seems like to me.

XD yay we agre on something!! no your right they would make more, im at a school that has people going into business and sciences (1# math and science school)

which brings us back to the title "just like life" rich people get benefits while the others classes strive to reach it. its true and im currently studying it.

sorry for my multiple posts (i can't open to many windows to put it all together, my dad might find out.) XD im "suppose" to be studying for my AP World History essay portion of our test tomorow -.- yes the test lasts 2 days >.> its EVIL!!! want to know what my teacher said when i asked her what should i focus on for it? -.- she said chapters 21-24 >.> and our test is chap 21-24 -.- that was oh, so helpful >.>

its sad how the APs at our school are harder then the ones in college -.-...well i guess it will help in the long run...if i survive -.- i have a 90 (my lowest grade T^T) in that class....a 'B"!!!!>.> its not even required and it brings down my gpa -.- wow

• BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Mhmm although in a lot of cases it is true that people who spend money into this game get more stuff, it doesn't mean its necessarily true for all cases b:surrender

I've put almost $300 into the game, but do you see me 8-9x? No. Why? I don't go and buy mats and stuff, I buy fashion, teleacoustics, presents for people, etc. b:chuckle Anyways, I do have to admit the gold prices in-game can get ridiculous.

So yeah... my comments b:laugh
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
    edited February 2010
    Mhmm although in a lot of cases it is true that people who spend money into this game get more stuff, it doesn't mean its necessarily true for all cases b:surrender

I've put almost $300 into the game, but do you see me 8-9x? No. Why? I don't go and buy mats and stuff, I buy fashion, teleacoustics, presents for people, etc. b:chuckle Anyways, I do have to admit the gold prices in-game can get ridiculous.

So yeah... my comments b:laugh

O_O the first thing that entered my head when i saw your post was:

that is a really pretty banner. (sorry i really like shiney, sparkly things XD)

now:
    -XD haha i love the ingame fashions their so pretty!-.- i just can't buy them...until i graduate high school, college, med school, and after my 2 years internship, and actually become a doctor -.-

- i know what you mean, when i first started the game gold was pretty affordable....then the economy droped, and it just mutated. -.-
    edited February 2010
    Forum doesn't let me quote quotes. <_<

1) I said the same thing (kinda). =/ 'PWI is a business. Businesses need to make money. Even though I'm pretty sure that they'd make more money if they lower prices in the boutique a bit, they're going in the other direction and milking the big spenders for as much as they can. Doesn't make much sense but I'm not a business major. Still, that's what it seems like to me.'

2) I was referring to the price of gold in the gold trade (yes, many items in the boutique are, in my opinion, overpriced but that's not what I'm talking about). As you said, pixels aren't worth much. Do you deny that the number of pixels it takes to make 360k in game coins is not even close to being worth the $1 in real money it takes to make 1 gold in game?

3) The supply stash still is useful. Yeah, you need a perfect hammer to open it at level 50 (and 80 but only an idiot would open that one) but it still gives you dead useful items from levels 5 to 45.

4) And that's actually what I was trying to say. The supply stash isn't perfect but that doesn't make it any less useful. When it first came out hammers were 500-750k so it was a hell of a deal at the time. Problem was that gold prices shot up soon after due to various reasons (no, not anni packs, those came much later) and it stopped being 'wow, the supply stash is awesome (perhaps not in those exact words)' and became '**** YOU PW! THE SUPPLY STASH IS A RIPOFF! (there was even a thread that said almost that exact thing)'.

Edit:

your on dreamweaver, im on heavens tear, last time i checked it was around that range. 400,000 is about as low as it gets, the usual is in the mid-high 500,000, sometimes reaches at most low 600,000. but now all the prices are rising so its probably higher now.

I have a barb and cleric on Heavens Tear. I also have a BM on Sanctuary, a sin and psychic on Harshlands, a wizard on Lost City, and finally a veno and archer on Dreamweaver. Yeah, I get around.b:avoid
    -.- i can never find any deals ouside arch, i have a horrid connection, arch is a taboo area i can't even walk through the door without trouble...like 5 min -.- (then it kicks me off) if by some miracle i make it, there are no good deals -.- its evil, all of them are overpriced.

That's a problem. >_<

Try the auction hall instead. I don't really like to sell through it but I can usually find things for cheap in there.

XD yay we agre on something!! no your right they would make more, im at a school that has people going into business and sciences (1# math and science school)

which brings us back to the title "just like life" rich people get benefits while the others classes strive to reach it. its true and im currently studying it.

sorry for my multiple posts (i can't open to many windows to put it all together, my dad might find out.) XD im "suppose" to be studying for my AP World History essay portion of our test tomorow -.- yes the test lasts 2 days >.> its EVIL!!! want to know what my teacher said when i asked her what should i focus on for it? -.- she said chapters 21-24 >.> and our test is chap 21-24 -.- that was oh, so helpful >.>

It's really not as hard for non cash shoppers to compete as everyone makes it out to be. I'm far from rich in real life so I can't charge zen much and I only do a moderate amount of buying and selling but I still get enough coins to keep all my toons decently geared. If I wanted to I could even get charms for most of them and refine some of my gear if I felt like it...but I'm a fashion addict.b:surrender

If I can get by without really giving much effort to making coins then I'm sure that someone who cared more than I do can do better. And for the record, I'm also talking about my toons who aren't on the same server as my veno so they can't get any funding from her (she's actually the poorest because of her addiction to clothing). Obviously it'll be harder for some people due to different reasons but it's not impossible.

Also, click the multi quote button to choose up to 3 posts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    edited February 2010
    Forum doesn't let me quote quotes. <_<

1) I said the same thing (kinda). =/ 'PWI is a business. Businesses need to make money. Even though I'm pretty sure that they'd make more money if they lower prices in the boutique a bit, they're going in the other direction and milking the big spenders for as much as they can. Doesn't make much sense but I'm not a business major. Still, that's what it seems like to me.'

2) I was referring to the price of gold in the gold trade (yes, many items in the boutique are, in my opinion, overpriced but that's not what I'm talking about). As you said, pixels aren't worth much. Do you deny that the number of pixels it takes to make 360k in game coins is not even close to being worth the $1 in real money it takes to make 1 gold in game?
    im saying that they would make it back a whole lot more steadily if they spread out their range of "targets" instead of the tip or the food chain. this would cause more people to be happy= more people telling their friends to join=> more money=> repeat of the process it would be more benificial then ticking so many people off (especially since middle class a low class obviously outnumber high class. XD and word spreads like wildfire XD)
    3) The supply stash still is useful. Yeah, you need a perfect hammer to open it at level 50 (and 80 but only an idiot would open that one) but it still gives you dead useful items from levels 5 to 45.
    the only things it gives that are really useful are the pots at lv 30 (fruit not so much, nice bonus, weps weren't worth much, etc.) it starts giving out the seriously good items after lv 50.(while 5-45 gives weak weps, and pots, and a timed cash shop item in an attempt to get you hooked. lv 50 after gives charmes, 3 stars , etc.)
    4) And that's actually what I was trying to say. The supply stash isn't perfect but that doesn't make it any less useful. When it first came out hammers were 500-750k so it was a hell of a deal at the time. Problem was that gold prices shot up soon after due to various reasons (no, not anni packs, those came much later) and it stopped being 'wow, the supply stash is awesome (perhaps not in those exact words)' and became '**** YOU PW! THE SUPPLY STASH IS A RIPOFF! (there was even a thread that said almost that exact thing)'.

i nvr said it wasn't useful, tons of stuff in the game are overpriced but that doesn't make then "un-useful" (its like saying a house is overpriced therefor not worth it -.- ) it wasn't as much a rip off as a dissapointment. like we said before it is worth what it gives. people started off being really happy that the game was so nice to them after (apparently) "ticking them off before" (i can't remember exact words form other threads, it was around that concept only with curse words. so after a while of pretty content and happy, you find out that you have to pay for it -.- its more like they felt "betrayed" (i'll probably come up with a better term to describe it later) so while mad at that they felt it was a rip off.

- O_O i didn't know they had a THREAD?!! where was it when i was looking for answers about the supply stash >.> ....google is evil >.<
    edited February 2010
    im saying that they would make it back a whole lot more steadily if they spread out their range of "targets" instead of the tip or the food chain
    I'm not sure if we're still talking about the same thing. It seems to me like you're talking about PWE selling items in the boutique while I'm talking about the price players are selling gold to other players for.
    the only things it gives that are really useful are the pots at lv 30 (fruit not so much, nice bonus, weps weren't worth much, etc.) it starts giving out the seriously good items after lv 50.

I liked the shards though.b:sad

The weapons they gave were either quickly outleveled or overshadowed by their counterparts *cough*FB19*cough* so I agree with you on that point.

Oracles seemed a bit pointless to me but I ended up selling them for 100k so, while it isn't much, I can't complain (except that I couldn't sell them for more <_<).

I had fun with the temporary flying mount. I did find it amusing that you can supposedly ride it at level 20 but you can't get it until level 40. Still wish it lasted longer.b:cry

Oh, and 500 perfect stones and a tiny MP charm. Who doesn't love charm?b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    edited February 2010
    I'm not sure if we're still talking about the same thing. It seems to me like you're talking about PWE selling items in the boutique while I'm talking about the price players are selling gold to other players for.

sorry people tell me im hard to follow.XD if the game lowered the prices in the boutique the players would lower the prices in game.(since more people could buy them if they charged more they wouldn't be able to sell anymore)
    I liked the shards though.b:sad

The weapons they gave were either quickly outleveled or overshadowed by their counterparts *cough*FB19*cough* so I agree with you on that point.
    -.- and you couldn't even sell it for a decent price -.- (10 coins..wow..really? >.>)
    Oracles seemed a bit pointless to me but I ended up selling them for 100k so, while it isn't much, I can't complain (except that I couldn't sell them for more <_<).

O_O ...someone actually BOUGHT it for 100k?XD wow.

I had fun with the temporary flying mount. I did find it amusing that you can supposedly ride it at level 20 but you can't get it until level 40. Still wish it lasted longer.b:cry

-.- there is no way i would be able to enjoy the mount to the full extent since i can't get on during weekdays and my weekends are filled with test prep, homework, and projects -.-

Oh, and 500 perfect stones and a tiny MP charm. Who doesn't love charm?b:cute

XD my friend hates them now XD since the game kicked her out (and said she was still logged in when she tried getting back in and she lost all of her hp charm XD.
    (the stones you could get pretty fast)
  • PsychicHarpy - Heavens Tear
    PsychicHarpy - Heavens Tear Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Well I am sorry you do feel this way. The Gold Trade system is there specifically for users that cannot purchase ZEN through normal means.

AHAHAHAHAAH I was in TEARS when I read this lmao you seriously got pwned dude
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm the only Harpy, Who's Psychic and knows all!b:chuckleb:pleased

Live Life How You wish To Live It.

I love PWI, Teh Forums, and Konari b:thanks

Is currently working on Wizzy (imo better than my Psy)b:surrender name: SaphiraGione
    edited February 2010
    AHAHAHAHAAH I was in TEARS when I read this lmao you seriously got pwned dude

you know people keep saying this and yet i don't see the logic behind it. how exactly did he get "pwned?"
    what i see:
    -GM posts up someones records
    -people start saying "pwned" -.-

iv already explained this:

-he nvr STATED he didn't buy gold. its like a person who has money saying that money has its way of gaining an advantage and its not fair to the others. then someone states that he has money and people shout "pwned."

-.-
    thats a pretty large gap in those words. (most people fail to notice it and go with the flow, i purposely go in the opposite direction XD)

...im So gunna bomb that essay test tomorrow *banges head on desk." i just can't bring myself to stop procrastinating T^T.

...anyone know anything about comparing and contrasting the french, american, and haiti revolutions? in detail with a solid 3 point thesis (along with focussing on tiny details that im sure shes gunna torment us with -.-)
    edited February 2010
    [/QUOTE]
    I have a barb and cleric on Heavens Tear. I also have a BM on Sanctuary, a sin and psychic on Harshlands, a wizard on Lost City, and finally a veno and archer on Dreamweaver. Yeah, I get around.b:avoid

ooo that is a nice button to use XD. O_o i checked last weekend -.- dang these prices are unstable -.- (well whenever i look anyways,...-.- for some reason everyone is able to get therre at the right time for deals -.- except me -.- i perfectly miss it apparently.
    That's a problem. >_<

Try the auction hall instead. I don't really like to sell through it but I can usually find things for cheap in there.

i could nvr figure out how to search for stuff on there. its like i see a page and im stuck.

It's really not as hard for non cash shoppers to compete as everyone makes it out to be. I'm far from rich in real life so I can't charge zen much and I only do a moderate amount of buying and selling but I still get enough coins to keep all my toons decently geared. If I wanted to I could even get charms for most of them and refine some of my gear if I felt like it...but I'm a fashion addict.b:surrender
    no its not that hard to compete (until higher lvs since they will make money faster due to gold trade) its just that its easier to play the game. people who don't have the charms, the money, etc. will be slower at lving and keeping up.
    If I can get by without really giving much effort to making coins then I'm sure that someone who cared more than I do can do better. And for the record, I'm also talking about my toons who aren't on the same server as my veno so they can't get any funding from her (she's actually the poorest because of her addiction to clothing). Obviously it'll be harder for some people due to different reasons but it's not impossible.
    anyway to make money without shoping around? because if i ever find something affordable im not able to sell it for a higher price. so i just stay away from all that and stick to budgeting and hoping for a good drop -.-
    Also, click the multi quote button to choose up to 3 posts.[/QUOTE]
  • Archers_Soul - Lost City
    Archers_Soul - Lost City Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    th3insane wrote:

in order of important :
    1. Real MONEY > the best gear on the server, just for example in PerfectWorld online chinese server theres a hell priest that gear up his char with complete set of godly item all to max +12, this all cost him about $60k usd :shock:

thats what cash shop does...
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.