Psychic built LA Vs Arcane

Options
KohakuNushi - Lost City
KohakuNushi - Lost City Posts: 56 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Psychic
Well there is 2 links here whit decent gears and refine , as far u can see which beter i let it to u guys, also i apreciate some poinst to discut.

Psychic LA

Psychic Arcane

The calculator have so problem u have to check Psychic as race.

New Build :

PureMag Arcane
This buil not vit refine +5 wep +7

LA Build
Beter equip refine +5 wep +7

THis builds are for compares and i think the 2 are verry balanced thx.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by KohakuNushi - Lost City on

Comments

• Estuary - Heavens Tear
    Estuary - Heavens Tear Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Ok so assuming the calc is correct, you gain 9% crit, about 300 p.def, lose about 2k in m.def. and lose about 200 mag attack.

Are you trying to decide on what to pick or start a discussion on what is better?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:cryb:cry QQ MOAR QQ b:cryb:cry
  • KohakuNushi - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    well also in some reason LA is prety more xpensive , but i want hear people , i like Arcane but sometime i frustated about 1shot by sin b:shutup and look shard and refines of each build and lack in dmage is huge but crit beter , but crit whit less damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Titan_itachi - Raging Tide
    Titan_itachi - Raging Tide Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    critical hit rate is only reliable for pure dex builds like archers and assassins and still a pure element of chance .you get more phy defense but most of the mobs over 60/70 are magic(normal mobs not dungeon mobs) .i prefer the raw power of magic since its more reliable and shard my equipment with garnet stones.
  • Selador - Heavens Tear
    Selador - Heavens Tear Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Ok so assuming the calc is correct, you gain 9% crit, about 300 p.def, lose about 2k in m.def. and lose about 200 mag attack.

If he used +5 refines on both weapons, he would have alot less m.attack than arcane. Still the same result if he uses +7 refine on both weapons.
  • ryukage
    ryukage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    For those who didn't notice, he's only comparing VIT to LA build. Anyone who is PURE MAG can ignore his post completely.

Though that does support something I was saying before. Personally I think LA build is superior to VIT build because of crit chance. However I also believe pure is superior to both of them. But not everyone has the skill to survive as a purist.
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ryukage wrote: »
    For those who didn't notice, he's only comparing VIT to LA build. Anyone who is PURE MAG can ignore his post completely.

Though that does support something I was saying before. Personally I think LA build is superior to VIT build because of crit chance. However I also believe pure is superior to both of them. But not everyone has the skill to survive as a purist.

1. u need read , ths base Vit Arcane have is 61 , why well if u smart u can figure it out .

2. the other vit it have is only gear

3. this post is not to blame, only to sugest thx

As i say before i will like u people help that all
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ryukage
    ryukage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    1. u need read , ths base Vit Arcane have is 61 , why well if u smart u can figure it out .

2. the other vit it have is only gear

3. this post is not to blame, only to sugest thx

As i say before i will like u people help that all
    Your original post didn't point out that you were comparing a Psy build with high VIT to a LA-build Psy. Since you decided not to clarify, I did it for you. Granted I did it in probably the most cynical, sarcastic way possible, but meh.

By the way, if you're going to try to flame me, at least run a spell-check first. b:surrender

Edit: Do note, after my cynicism died down, I did give my opinion on it. I stated that (in my opinion), that LA build was probably better because of critical ratio. I'm not a huge fan of VIT builds for this class.
  • Chalkara - Lost City
    Chalkara - Lost City Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    should have used same ornaments on both, a LA build should have at least one pdef ornament, they have different tomes and capes, and a hp helm on the LA one

i don't think you've done a fair comparison
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    Giodia - Heavens Tear Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

Giodia survived b:victoryb:chuckle

The break down analysis would be this:

Pure Mag: Most damage out of the 3 builds, have issues with Pdef and HP until tt-90. So gear configuration is important.

Sometimes, you need to give up that MAG stat for HP. Also, refining would work but post 90, gears should not refine past +2 (to save cost)

But after level 60, most are magical mobs, so arcane robes will cut down on the magic damage suffered. You will still able to kill before it reaches you, but a graze or 2 is inevitable at times.

As less casting is required to kill a mob, we will see a overall improvement and efficiency in mana usage (also depending on skills used).

You will not be criting much, but when you do, you would probably 1 shot normal mobs.
    LA: Slightly better in survivability with pdef and HP shards, Higher crit rate than other builds, Less damage than Pure. The average damage build.

The gear configuration would look at + hp + mp regen (high priority) +mattk + mag if possible and bulk of your damage will come from high lvls of refines (costly) in order to match your psychic peers.

After Lvl 60, your LA armor will not be so effective against magical damage mobs, so you will suffer more damage than robes. Resulting a drop in HP during mob handling when you failed to crit.

Also, with this build, you will tend to use up your MP faster due to more casting required to down the mob (when crit doesn't happen).

So it is safe to assume that this build will be hard on MP and it's regen. If you opted for meditation, you will do that alot.

----
    Mag with Vit: Less damage, better HP values than pure, same crit chance as pure mag (lower than LA), same low pdef as pure till tt-90.

The gear configuration would be to look out for items with + mp regen + mattk and + magic maybe.

At 60, your vit and your robes will allow you to survive the best out of the 3 builds. Vit gives Pdef and Mdef and HP along with your up to date robes, you will not suffer as much damage as other builds, but you may not kill the mob fast enough.
    edited February 2010
    Options

Edit: Do note, after my cynicism died down, I did give my opinion on it. I stated that (in my opinion), that LA build was probably better because of critical ratio. I'm not a huge fan of VIT builds for this class.

Thx that i was looking for since begining
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Giodia survived b:victoryb:chuckle

The break down analysis would be this:

Pure Mag: Most damage out of the 3 builds, have issues with Pdef and HP until tt-90. So gear configuration is important.

Sometimes, you need to give up that MAG stat for HP. Also, refining would work but post 90, gears should not refine past +2 (to save cost)

But after level 60, most are magical mobs, so arcane robes will cut down on the magic damage suffered. You will still able to kill before it reaches you, but a graze or 2 is inevitable at times.

As less casting is required to kill a mob, we will see a overall improvement and efficiency in mana usage (also depending on skills used).

You will not be criting much, but when you do, you would probably 1 shot normal mobs.
    LA: Slightly better in survivability with pdef and HP shards, Higher crit rate than other builds, Less damage than Pure. The average damage build.

The gear configuration would look at + hp + mp regen (high priority) +mattk + mag if possible and bulk of your damage will come from high lvls of refines (costly) in order to match your psychic peers.

After Lvl 60, your LA armor will not be so effective against magical damage mobs, so you will suffer more damage than robes. Resulting a drop in HP during mob handling when you failed to crit.

Also, with this build, you will tend to use up your MP faster due to more casting required to down the mob (when crit doesn't happen).

So it is safe to assume that this build will be hard on MP and it's regen. If you opted for meditation, you will do that alot.

----
    Mag with Vit: Less damage, better HP values than pure, same crit chance as pure mag (lower than LA), same low pdef as pure till tt-90.

The gear configuration would be to look out for items with + mp regen + mattk and + magic maybe.

At 60, your vit and your robes will allow you to survive the best out of the 3 builds. Vit gives Pdef and Mdef and HP along with your up to date robes, you will not suffer as much damage as other builds, but you may not kill the mob fast enough.

thx analysis, verry interesting
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]