Target marking

Cosmo - Dreamweaver
Cosmo - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Suggestion Box
I would love to see target marking being added to PWI. In details this means that the squad leader, or someone choosen to mark, is able to mark targets with 1, 2, 3 etc and icons which appears over the mob/targets head for the rest of the squad to see. I think it would be a very helpful feature in PWI especially now when we are doing dungeon runs every day. I also think it has to be a pretty easy fix for the developers to make... What do you think?

Here's a picture of what I mean: CLICK ME TO SEE PICTURE
Post edited by Cosmo - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Aedrian - Lost City
    Aedrian - Lost City Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    b:victory Your idea rocks! I would love to be able to refeer to the mobs as 1 / 2 / 3 instead of the red one, the blue one, the ugly and the OMG an inc mag res >.<

Now, seriously, that idea is simply awesome, *cracks the whip* Developers! Start working!
    <"shameless self-bump :D" Alexenokin - Lost City>
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

*WTB: -12~-18% chan stuff, pm me in here or in game for details*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Soltarr - Sanctuary
    Soltarr - Sanctuary Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Great idea - but just thinking it wouldn't be hard to take it a step further - leader marks mobs as 1/2/3 - then anyone (in the squad) can hit shift-1/shift-2/shift-3 to target those mobs. (Allow rebinding those keys to something else of course)

Also, may want to give leader an option to allow others to mark mobs - I'm thinking of the case where you're helping with an FB run, and the 'leader' has to be the tab holder - but the real leader is likely someone else.
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Really good idea. It would make it easier to run fbs and such, any1 targets a mob, which the veno has to lure... quite cool, really.
  • Cosmo - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Great idea - but just thinking it wouldn't be hard to take it a step further - leader marks mobs as 1/2/3 - then anyone (in the squad) can hit shift-1/shift-2/shift-3 to target those mobs. (Allow rebinding those keys to something else of course)

Also, may want to give leader an option to allow others to mark mobs - I'm thinking of the case where you're helping with an FB run, and the 'leader' has to be the tab holder - but the real leader is likely someone else.

Thats a good point Soltarr. Usually the tank it leading the squad so yes, it would be crucial that PWI also adds such a function you are talking about. That the squad leader will be able to "give away" marking to someone else in squad. I can picture this an option, just like passing lead is today.

Thanks for the reply guys! :-) I also sent PWI a ticket about this, and they wanted me to post it in the forum to look at the reaction from the community.
  • Toshironara - Sanctuary
    Toshironara - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Great Idea! Devs you've gotta use this one....
    Rerolling a sin. Yes a 'sin' simply because it sounds cooler...
  • Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    Mrvate - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I agree i think this would be very useful, though imo i would like it if it could be set by squad leader so the whole squad can mark, that way in big pulls where a cleric or DD might grab aggro they can mark the mob attacking them so tank can grab it. but it would be very useful.
  • Noupe - Dreamweaver
    Noupe - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    awesome idea! after reading this I find it weird its not already added... come on devs!
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    Technotic - Sanctuary Posts: 591 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Bringing other things from other games isn't a Dev strong point.
    Say my name 3 times, I dare you.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • Kalypto - Dreamweaver
    Kalypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Sounds interesting, would make it much easier for a squad and a new way of playing in a squad. I'd love it!

Heh... Technotic, I know what you mean, but I can't say everything in PWI is uniqe to the game even tho I love it. It would suck if devs stopped getting inspiration from eachother, no matter what game it is...
  • Shayisha - Heavens Tear
    Shayisha - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Although I've seen this in other games, it was always used in a raid situation where there were multiple squads.

What's wrong with simply using assist to find the mob to lure or make sure you're attacking the right one?

I wish more would. It would save a whole lot of grief.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The other Shay's --> Shaylis 66 Wiz ~ Shaylista 46 Veno ~ Shaylari 31 Psy
  • Cosmo - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    What's wrong with simply using assist to find the mob to lure or make sure you're attacking the right one?.

Nothing wrong with that... nobody said it was anything wrong with that at all. I was wanting to see the reactions from the community for a feature like this because I think it would make a world of difference.

Thanks for all the replies :-)
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I usualy shoot down most of the suggestion because they are either stupid or people did not put any thought into it and they would cause inbalance.

However, your suggestion is spot on. It would make coordination much easier, like when you want 2 groups to attack 2 different mobs, you could say you 3 attack mob A and us 3 attack mob B, making it easier to tag, specialy if they are patrols.

Great suggestion all and all.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Cosmo - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    I would love to see target marking being added to PWI. In details this means that the squad leader, or someone choosen to mark, is able to mark targets with 1, 2, 3 etc and icons which appears over the mob/targets head for the rest of the squad to see. I think it would be a very helpful feature in PWI especially now when we are doing dungeon runs every day. I also think it has to be a pretty easy fix for the developers to make... What do you think?

I made a pic to show what I mean as well; CLICK HERE TO SEE PICTURE
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited February 2010

Here's a picture of what I mean: CLICK ME TO SEE PICTURE

So, what would be the point of it?
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    tw?

gimmemoarmoarchars
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    tw?

gimmemoarmoarchars

The OP specifically mentions "dungeons". And I just don't see that application.

And something like this would never, ever, be implemented in PvP, it would be too strong. Seriously, everyone in your squad could basically have big, flashing arrows pointing to the most dangerous members in the opposing faction. And that's just ... not good.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    cud be useful in dungeons as well

like today,when some phy ranged mob was constantly poking me for like whole minute (i survived just thx to p shell and 79 skills) and i was just too busy to type 'hey, there is ranged **** poking me' coz it was kinda squad wipe out situation (bad lure: boss + all mobs around in fb).

if i cud only point him and press some key to get squad attention it would be lotta easier

squishies could tell ya bout countless times when they would like to get squad attention while they were being killed
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    Aedrian - Lost City Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    cud be useful in dungeons as well

like today,when some phy ranged mob was constantly poking me for like whole minute (i survived just thx to p shell and 79 skills) and i was just too busy to type 'hey, there is ranged **** poking me' coz it was kinda squad wipe out situation (bad lure: boss + all mobs around in fb).

if i cud only point him and press some key to get squad attention it would be lotta easier

squishies could tell ya bout countless times when they would like to get squad attention while they were being killed

Personal experience, Frost Run, a ranged mob in mid air, above me, nobody was able to see it but the one being hit, and since that was me, I had to spam DoT and fast casting skills along with my HP regen skill until somebody noticed my HP bar was going up and down.

Thank Devs for the Morning Dew, now, please implement this.
    <"shameless self-bump :D" Alexenokin - Lost City>
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

*WTB: -12~-18% chan stuff, pm me in here or in game for details*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]