Fashion Design contest

volst
volst Posts: 180
edited February 2010 in General Discussion
Can PWE please provide a template of some sort?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Vahala - Dreamweaver
    Vahala - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Could you not just screen shot your character (or anothers) with none to minimal clothing? (like bikini etcetc)
  • XXSairaXx - Dreamweaver
    XXSairaXx - Dreamweaver Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    ...Or draw it? b:surrender
    They said it could be drawn or photoshopped.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Remember to feed your Clerics three meals a day! <3
  • Euphy - Dreamweaver
    Euphy - Dreamweaver Posts: 495 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I think this contest will actually be much more involved. I imgaine that some members of the player base actually have degrees in fashion design, or in graphic design which may help as well.
    I for one will not vote for a 6th bikini set, and I doubt it would even make it into the top 5. I mean a super detailed one might, but I am hoping for truly creative things. This a chance for guys who complain about their fashion options to actually do something about it! And for us girls... we can get non-ho ho clothes?! Zomg what a thought. I think this is an awesome event.
    Also... woah... $10,000 zen prize?! I think I'll try no matter what :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I think this contest will actually be much more involved. I imgaine that some members of the player base actually have degrees in fashion design, or in graphic design which may help as well.
    I for one will not vote for a 6th bikini set, and I doubt it would even make it into the top 5. I mean a super detailed one might, but I am hoping for truly creative things. This a chance for guys who complain about their fashion options to actually do something about it! And for us girls... we can get non-ho ho clothes?! Zomg what a thought. I think this is an awesome event.
    Also... woah... $10,000 zen prize?! I think I'll try no matter what :D

Correct me if I'm wrong, but 10,000 ZEN is $100, not $10,000.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but 10,000 ZEN is $100, not $10,000.

$100 = 10,000 Zen = 100 Gold.

Unless ive completely misunderstood everything.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • The_love - Raging Tide
    The_love - Raging Tide Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    this all happend because of me b:cool or so i think because i sent them 4 stunning designs and told them the female fashion is getting from bad to worse but that i love most of the old fashions soooo i think i have this 1 in the bag b:pleasedb:victoryb
    [SIGPIC]sometimes love hurts and baby i love you A LOT[/SIGPIC]
  • Alexenokin - Lost City
    Alexenokin - Lost City Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    $100 = 10,000 Zen = 100 Gold.

this is correct
    I have officially "won the game"... Actually, I decided it was time to leave.
    Joined sometime in March of 2009 - right after Dreamweaver opening.
    Retired on March 16, 2010... 1 year later...
  • Ophida - Dreamweaver
    Ophida - Dreamweaver Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Hopefully someone will come up with some male fashion that actually looks good...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Hopefully someone will come up with some male fashion that actually looks good...
    Hey, the eastern set actually looks good b:surrender

The rest of it looks fruity.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ophida - Dreamweaver
    Ophida - Dreamweaver Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Hey, the eastern set actually looks good b:surrender

The rest of it looks fruity.

Grats, you have one set that looks good b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I'm going to participate in this event ^^ so... what kind of fashion do the guys want o.o ? I gues something cool XD but what is cool rofl XD
    I gues I'll open up some fashion magazines, look at populair bands.. etc XD
    all for the inspiration :3
    < has no clue what to make yet...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Vixe - Heavens Tear
    Vixe - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Just try and think of something outrageous that's never been thought of before as your fashion sets.

Like me, for example. I'm thinking of making a puppy suit...
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I'm... practically bouncing with excitement over this.

Three reasons:
    1. Career - I've wanted to be in game design for so very long. Being able to point to [an item in] a commercial MMO and say "I made this" is an amazing opportunity.
    2. imPerfect - $50 of that $100 in Zen would go to finance imPerfect directly, something my own meager supply of coin has been stretched very, very thin trying to do. The other half would be applied to a contest I've been planning, to help promote the movie after its release (expected sometime late spring or early summer of this year). In effect, giving $50 of it right back to three other people. b:chuckle
    3. Though technically my skills are better with armor design than fashion, I've been creating character accessories for years now - though since they've been for other games, I won't put up links here (pm me if you really want to see). To see something of mine in use, here, in-game... feels like some kind of vindication that it wasn't all wasted effort.

...I'll go back to spazzing quietly in my corner now. b:surrender
  • Swaze - Sanctuary
    Swaze - Sanctuary Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I r a fashion designer

my only problem is the whole "All works upon submissions becomes property of Perfect World Entertainment" >.>
    1st sage assassin in sanctuary. That's right, I jumped in with my eyes half closed. b:cute
  • Scutillette - Sanctuary
    Scutillette - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    And for us girls... we can get non-ho ho clothes?! Zomg what a thought. I think this is an awesome event.
    Quote for truth. Hopefully at least one or two modest sets will make it into the top 5. On a similar note, I'm hoping for some more interesting sets of female headgear.
    my only problem is the whole "All works upon submissions becomes property of Perfect World Entertainment" >.>
    That's pretty much standard fare for any MMO art contest.
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited February 2010

this is so you can't force them to pay you if they want to use it in the game ;)

well... I made a few sketches already XD still trying to make them look better and come up with more ideas.. also something for barbs.. though that's a hard one XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Swaze - Sanctuary
    Swaze - Sanctuary Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Quote for truth. Hopefully at least one or two modest sets will make it into the top 5. On a similar note, I'm hoping for some more interesting sets of female headgear.

That's pretty much standard fare for any MMO art contest.
    this is so you can't force them to pay you if they want to use it in the game ;)

well... I made a few sketches already XD still trying to make them look better and come up with more ideas.. also something for barbs.. though that's a hard one XD

Just makes me hesitate to use real work
    1st sage assassin in sanctuary. That's right, I jumped in with my eyes half closed. b:cute
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Having worked with this sort of license agreement before, I'll boil it down to more friendly terms.

You still retain the credit of saying "I made this" - ergo, it's resume padding.
    It means they can reproduce your design without legal threat of it being taken away ("I'm sick of you guys, I'm leaving and I'm taking my toys with me!"), and yes it means they won't owe you a royalty check for using it in-game.

For better and for worse, what it comes down to is a big company not having to double-check themselves with you when they start employing submitted ideas. The notion might be unsettling to you, but entirely too cumbersome for PWE to do it any other way.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Having worked with this sort of license agreement before, I'll boil it down to more friendly terms.

You still retain the credit of saying "I made this" - ergo, it's resume padding.
    It means they can reproduce your design without legal threat of it being taken away ("I'm sick of you guys, I'm leaving and I'm taking my toys with me!"), and yes it means they won't owe you a royalty check for using it in-game.

For better and for worse, what it comes down to is a big company not having to double-check themselves with you when they start employing submitted ideas. The notion might be unsettling to you, but entirely too cumbersome for PWE to do it any other way.
    yeah, i think its pretty much same as any other game design, whether you work at the company or contracted. What you will get is the same; something to write on your resume in the future, and recognition. Like all casual game designers out there no-pay per work used is a given. Seems normal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Archalt - Sanctuary
    Archalt - Sanctuary Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I drew mine xD It's very ugly because I can't draw lol but oh well, I tried my best :3
    ◄ Alt for posting. | PVE Sage Archer and happy with it.
  • JollyJaguar - Sanctuary
    JollyJaguar - Sanctuary Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Has any1 thought of boob tassels yet? lol...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Has any1 thought of boob tassels yet? lol...

If i submit an anatomically correct naked character, does that mean it could qualify as a 'Birthday suit'? b:surrender
  • EIlvira - Heavens Tear
    EIlvira - Heavens Tear Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I r a fashion designer

They do this because they want the rights to publish it into perfect world. It doesn't mean you didn't create it... they'll just own the copyrights for the design. Something most artists who do any sort of commission or professional work will know. It's just how it works when you do work for clients. It never takes away from the fact you were the original creator though.