Trading Characters?

palgrew
palgrew Posts: 9 Arc User
edited February 2010 in General Discussion
Hello, I have a level 71 BM and was wondering if it was illegal or against the rules to trade accounts, becuase i want a 71 archer, and don't know if i will get banned or whatnot? Thank You
Post edited by palgrew on

Comments

• Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Yes.......
  • palgrew
    palgrew Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Yes.......

yes u will get banned?
  • bmwrabcd1234
    bmwrabcd1234 Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    against the rules and yes you will get banned
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Yes it is against the ToS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Estuary - Heavens Tear
    Estuary - Heavens Tear Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I don't think it's been said enough, I wanna say it!

Yes, you will be banned for it. b:chuckle

Go lvl a archer. It's not that hard to get to 71.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:cryb:cry QQ MOAR QQ b:cryb:cry
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I don't think it's been said enough, I wanna say it!

I got ninja'd b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Seriously. At 7x you should know better...
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    You, as creator of your Account and User ID, are solely responsible for your User ID . PWE will not tolerate offensive or obscene User IDs. If a User ID violates any part of these terms, we may immediately, temporarily, or permanently ban such a User ID, with or without notice.
    PWE is not responsible for any misuse of your Account or your User ID, you agree to accept all risks of unauthorized access to your Account and to hold PWE and its affiliates harmless from and against any improper use of your Account or your User ID, including, but not limited to, improper use by someone to whom you revealed your password.
    Please note that, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your User ID and password, and you agree to notify us if your password is lost, stolen, or disclosed to an unauthorized third party, or otherwise may have been compromised. You are solely responsible for all activities and transactions that occur under your Account, and PWE is not responsible for any unauthorized use of your account, including without limitation in the event that your password is stolen or revealed to a third party. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your Account or any other breach of security in relation to the Website, the Service or our Games known to you. PWE provides you with choice to change your password in order to safeguard your Account.

It doesn't say you can but its enforced that you shouldn't share accounts but it doesn't actually say you can't do that I don't see why you couldn't (feel free to correct me)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Yes.......
  • Tamuz - Lost City
    Tamuz - Lost City Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    no..... i mean yes
  • Camerlengo - Dreamweaver
    Camerlengo - Dreamweaver Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Go ahead if you want to, just be ready to accept any consequences that go along with it. ;P
    Full power to the Vagiroscope!
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    yes, technically its against the TOS, and yes, if you are caught, you will get banned. in practise, there are tons of players out there who, having had to leave the game for whatever reason, rather than have all that work, time and money go to waste, have given the account to someone else.

which brings me to the question:

an account is based on an email address, correct? if someone no longer uses that email address, it becomes available to someone else. so, if a player is no longer going to play/no longer going to use that address, where is the problem of handing it over to someone else, rather than the address going available randomly? i do realise that the only control there is presently over the selling of accounts is this rule, but as i see it, it shouldnt be an offense when between friends.

(ducks, and expects to get slammed by a banhammer for speaking my mind. but go ahead and check my account...no problems with mine.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Yes... if you get caught.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited February 2010
    I think it's been stated enough times now. Yes, trading accounts is a bannable offense.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

This discussion has been closed.