Cash Shop Manufacturing Boxes Discussion

Options
Aadi - Lost City
Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
edited February 2010 in The Crafting Nook
Since the thread with the announcement is locked for discussion, I thought there should be one...b:surrender

Link to post: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=630992
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
"We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
"You live for forums. Like seriously."
Post edited by Aadi - Lost City on

Comments

• Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    There's gonna be a news post up shortly.

Honestly, I'm not all that peeved. Yeah, I spend a lot of work and whatnot getting my skills to their levels, but I also got some decent items and profit from making them, too.

Totally gonna try and max out most of my skills if I can now.

b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • mulanrouge
    mulanrouge Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Nothing left in this lame game, you can buy everything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ainte - Lost City
    Ainte - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    this has to be a joke b:surrender manufacturing in the cash shop? b:sad
    is there anything left that people wont be able to get from the cash shop?
    some of us worked hard to lvl our skills and now everyone with a few gold can get max lvl skills in 1 hour?
    i can't even express how unfair this is b:beatup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    this has to be a joke b:surrender manufacturing in the cash shop? b:sad
    is there anything left that people wont be able to get from the cash shop?
    some of us worked hard to lvl our skills and now everyone with a few gold can get max lvl skills in 1 hour?
    i can't even express how unfair this is b:beatup

Unfair? Yes.

Game-Breaking? Well, if Anni Packs didn't kill the game (which they didn't, since people are still playing), then this won't. No way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Ephemerai - Sanctuary
    Ephemerai - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    My comments?

Lol... just... lol.

PWI is dying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FooFooKity - Heavens Tear
    FooFooKity - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Such a sad sad way to bilk yet more money out of people...just to let ya all know Im holding out for leveling stones to be put in the boutique..right click an u go from lvl 1 to 105 in a matter of seconds with all your skills maxed, cant wait for those to come b:pleased
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Complete.

And utter.

Bullsh*t.

That is all.
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Fan-****ing-tastic. So I farmed mats and made all the 2* items I need to get my level 4 manufacturing skills and less than a week later this **** comes out.

Nice, real nice.
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • SupaRoyalty - Lost City
    SupaRoyalty - Lost City Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Fan-****ing-tastic. So I farmed mats and made all the 2* items I need to get my level 4 manufacturing skills and less than a week later this **** comes out.

Nice, real nice.

I'm in the same boat man. lets revolt. b:angry
  • candyiz4kidz
    candyiz4kidz Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    as if it's not bad enough for people who have farmed the mats in game...
    I've spent MILLIONS on mats just to level up my skills on a single character, not to mention about $100 REAL MONEY buying mats from the boutique...

Anyone else notice that the Mats were on sale and only weeks later they come up with this? In my opinion thats a shady business practice. I'm completely disappointed, and have actually considered quitting because of this.

Whats next? A get to LVL99 pack?
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Well, after my initial reaction of '**** YOU PW!!!' wore off this doesn't bother me quite as much as it first did. Yes, I'm still annoyed but it doesn't really affect me much. Sure, more people will have level 4 and 6 manufacturing skills but the main reason I bothered leveling mine was so I could have my own name on my things (yes, I'm that narcissistic). At least it won't be as obvious as everyone walking around with endgame gear and level 90+ players that I've never heard of popping out of nowhere. If you think about it, it's not even close to as bad as some other sales have been.

I'd like to state again that I'm still quite vexed at PWE's decision.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • Kazamatt - Dreamweaver
    Kazamatt - Dreamweaver Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Heh, I wonder if there is something to achieve in this game... I worked hard way for my level, skills, gear (even when they introduced all kind of stuff making game easier: packs, new BH system, EXP stones)... But at some point the devs lost absolutely all sensitivity about HEALTHY cashshoppers advantage and sense of word: "game". It's no longer a game, it's another world in which you can get advantage by just having cash from RL, and to me point of the game is to achieve and work hard in game. And all those "but I want to be lvl 100 in a month but don't have time to play" players - bite me. According to what GM said about EXP stones, it's your fault the game is a joke right now. Wonder why in other games for my 20$ each month I wouldn't feel so worthless... On the other hand, PW is the only MMO I ever liked. So, yeah... I'm surprised again, that they found another thing to sell, when I thought it's impossible.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    meh it be only manufacturing....
    me just get a factionmate to manufacture stuff for me anyway....so....this isn't really going to do anything.
    b:surrender
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kazamatt - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Options
    meh it be only manufacturing....
    me just get a factionmate to manufacture stuff for me anyway....so....this isn't really going to do anything.
    b:surrender
    ofc, it's only manufacturing, we can say that... But you have to admit, it's also part of the game. And imo, getting lvl 6 Blacksmith or Tailor, isn't easy. It's something to achieve. Besides, this time it's manufacturing, but look around, there's nothing more that I can think about to sell. Maybe levels. In a bulk. I don't know, maybe it's just me... But it really makes me sad. This is first MMO I ever liked, and it was like... year ago. Yeah, many things changed...
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Ewww I personally hate it.

Although I'm a fail when it comes to crafting, even I won't buy it. Its such a cheap way to get to the top when other people spent so much time and dedication to crafting.

PWI... What are you doing? b:cryb:surrender
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • CuddIePanda - Raging Tide
    CuddIePanda - Raging Tide Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    as if it's not bad enough for people who have farmed the mats in game...
    I've spent MILLIONS on mats just to level up my skills on a single character, not to mention about $100 REAL MONEY buying mats from the boutique...

Anyone else notice that the Mats were on sale and only weeks later they come up with this? In my opinion thats a shady business practice. I'm completely disappointed, and have actually considered quitting because of this.

Whats next? A get to LVL99 pack?

its called an anni pack bro
  • CuddIePanda - Raging Tide
    CuddIePanda - Raging Tide Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Ewww I personally hate it.

Although I'm a fail when it comes to crafting, even I won't buy it. Its such a cheap way to get to the top when other people spent so much time and dedication to crafting.

PWI... What are you doing? b:cryb:surrender

i have several characters on several servers i lvld my crafting to 8 on on all skills. when i rolled RT i didnt even buy a pickaxe. i was done with manufacturing. i will however, buy these packs for my main on RT. this saves me time. so for all you QQers out there, SUCK IT! b:angryb:angry
  • Belligero - Sanctuary
    Belligero - Sanctuary Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I spent a crapload of money working on my manufacturing skills... a CRAPLOAD.

Even spent gold in the shop for the mats, now this comes out. Pretty much makes the mats in the Botique obsolete too.

I had a feeling something like would come out for crafting though, so I'm not too surprised... Just didn't think it would be this soon.

Just disappointed now.

But I guess that's how people with the Silver Mane and Violet Horse felt when they were automatically released into the Botique at a dirt cheap price.
    Belligero
    edited February 2010
    Options
    But I guess that's how people with the Silver Mane and Violet Horse felt when they were automatically released into the Botique at a dirt cheap price.

Almost got a violet lightning through DQs when that happened. I got so pissed that I ended up selling all the orders.b:cry

Would have kept them if I knew about bracers of blood moon and had a BM on DW at the time. Oh well, what's done is done. The manufacturing boxes are coming out whether we like it or not.b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
  • Ophida - Dreamweaver
    Ophida - Dreamweaver Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Complete.

And utter.

Bullsh*t.

That is all.

I think this sums my feelings up. Though I'm still pissed from having levelled everything up to level 6 last week and taking over 25 tries to make that damn claw. Yes, that claw that EATS glaze. b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Kazamatt - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Options
    At least you made that claw... I'm still trying. Same with mace. And I don't want to think about tailor... yeah, who knows, maybe they'll break me too, maybe when I'll have enough trying. But what makes me wanna kill somebody is that there's really nothing we can do to stop that madness... Seriously, what's still in game to achieve? They should make 1000 gold worth "You-won-the-game" pack. Cause what they do now only pisses off all those who tried. Who sacrificed their time and effort. Thank you, PWI. I start to hate you too.
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    There's gonna be a news post up shortly.

Honestly, I'm not all that peeved. Yeah, I spend a lot of work and whatnot getting my skills to their levels, but I also got some decent items and profit from making them, too.

Totally gonna try and max out most of my skills if I can now.

b:victory
    What I'm curious is if we can get our skills up if we already have them to, say, level 6.

I've yet to find an answer for that.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zenwinger - Dreamweaver
    Zenwinger - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Fact of the matter with boutique type mmo's is that the company is in it for the money. Mats are not going to go out of business because somebody has higher level manufacturing. People will still need and will buy mats off the boutique. Just now they will buy more expensive mats for the higher levels they got. So player person buys manufacturing levels and now buys the comps in which to use them skills. Win Win for PWI.

Oh sure not everyone will agree. But here is the deal with that. If you dont like how the system works dont use the system. Stick to being a purist. Whats so wrong with that? In the end this is just an option for people with less MMOG time to be competetive and at a cost to them.

Premium games charge 9.99-14.99 per month. Thats an average of 152.00. I'll bet dollars to donuts lots of folks have spent more money on this boutique game than that. And I will admit as well that I have spent more then that average myself.

Its entertainment folks. Movie for 2 is 30.00 Dinner/Drinks 75.00. Misc on the night probably upwards of another 20-30.00 add all up and a night on the town just ran a couple roughly $120.00.

Once you take a step back and put things into perspective spending on this type of a game no matter what the company offers to buy is just entertainment folks.
  • Baltonus - Heavens Tear
    Baltonus - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I don't see any diference caus before, the mats were in boutique and it cost about that ,30 golds, to lvl a manufacturing skill, there're just giving us more time instead of manufacturing everything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zenwinger - Dreamweaver
    Zenwinger - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Yeah correct the componets were available for sale to take anyone thru level 3 mftg in a matter of minutes for a price anyways. No big deal and at 30 bucks most would probably just assume grind out comps or pay game coin to those that do.
  • Vivre - Harshlands
    Vivre - Harshlands Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I was irked when i first heard about it-- but tbh 30 gold is more than what it costs to make the 2*s yourself. And it's less fun. The people willing to shell out 30 gold for manufacturing probably already got the mats for their 2*s... not a big change. I doubt very many people would buy these packs either.

It's just the company mentality of WANT CASH $_$ that scares me =/ Soon there wont be a game left to play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    What is this 'res' you speak of? b:cute
  • traden
    traden Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    the game is still fun, as long as u enjoy chatting with ppl, but if u going for achievements you play the wrong game. I refuse to spend another cent in the game due to all these easy/cheap ways of lvling faster, lvl ur skills.

I be quitting soon, just waiting to buy a playstation 3 or one of the many really good mmo that are being released real soon.

Soon rep points will be easy to get, with rep candies and probably somethign new that will be released prob around april...... watch out

sad though, all the old players from the begging are either gone/quit, or barely active cuase they play aoin, or shaiya, last choas, wow, kill zone 3... great game... also this will be blocked lol cuase i named other games i think

feel better myself play the game chat with friends dont' spend any money
    edited February 2010
    Options
    30 gold for one of the boxes. b:chuckle

Anyone with a brain can figure out that it would be cheaper to sell gold and buy mats instead (unless you happen to be extremely unlucky).

Edit: traden, tokens can be traded for rep so it's already been sold. Now we just need to wait for the anni packs to come out again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
  • xxxdsmer
    xxxdsmer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    lol yeah. whats next up for sale on the auction block (botique)?

and the thing i havent seen anyone ask yet is exactly how many of these $30 packs would it take to go from manufacturing skill 0 to 8 of a particular skill (blacksmith, tailor, craftsman)?

if more than one $30 pack to go from 0-8, its really a ripoff lol.

or even like.. how many of these $30 packs would it take to go from lv5 to lv8?

still, IMHO, just like the FC/LG weapons and stuff that came from the anni packs, and the hh100 weapon materials, PWI botiquing everything is a total load of ****. sure, they're a company and they need to make money, and they do have a regular income from things like charms and training eso's... is it really nessecary to sell EVERYTHING available in the game to make a quick buck off the people that pay ur bills? i think in the long run, these manufacturing packs are gona turn out to be PWI shooting themselves in the foot because ppl will hit the top faster and quit the game b/c there's nothing to do and there goes long term constant income from charms and stuff because those people already bought their way to the top, via anni packs and manu. skilll packs and whatever other gimmick they come up with. so yea pwi, keep shooting... right in ur own feet... you'll evenually run out of feet to stand on.
    i'm pro all classes, and against none in particular..
    but the age old QQ about venos is just that. OLD.
    QQ'd about a nix lately? check out this thread n tell me who's "OP" lol..
    (copy and paste this to address bar):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=102172
  • Aranarwa - Heavens Tear
    Aranarwa - Heavens Tear Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Simple:

one more reason for me to leave this version of PW and never look back.

Gah, the direction this game is going.... I wonder what will be left in this game that can be classd as a REAL achievement.

b:bye b:bye PWI
    Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder b:chuckle