Calamity Axes or TT80.

Dhboy - Dreamweaver
Dhboy - Dreamweaver Posts: 52 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Blademaster
What would you recommend for myself?

Current axes are Calamity axes +5 2 immaculate amber shards.

I don't pk very often and mainly focus on public quests and BH's.

I also TW with HDT.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Death smiles at us all.
All a man can do is smile back.
Post edited by Dhboy - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• maocchi
    maocchi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    If you can afford a TT80, by all means. Either choice is nice, just that most people go for Calamities because it's just as nice as a TT80 and it's cheaper. With such high refines it's more than a viable replacement for a TT80. Zerk has potential to one-shot a typical squishy which is always fun.

Just remember that you need TT80 (Lion King's) axes for GX if you are planning to get them.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    XS for PvP. HH80 for PvE.

XS/GX aren't really the best choice for HH/Bosses/etc, unless you're tanking and get constant heals.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Breadbun - Lost City
    Breadbun - Lost City Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I'd also suggest XS for AOE grinding too. If you get 20-30 mobs or so on you, and start aoeing, they die pretty quick. Though the whole effects thing is annoying as hell.
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    Kaste - Sanctuary Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    What would you recommend for myself?

Current axes are Calamity axes +5 2 immaculate amber shards.

I don't pk very often and mainly focus on public quests and BH's.

I also TW with HDT.

Well I use both by myself at the moment. Calamities for bosses and PvP, TT70

Thunderbolt Axes for Questing and general PvE.

If you already have that good Calamities, keep them untill level 90, the "sacrificial strike"

proc is really useful for PvP and instances like TT, combined with high crit rate and RB,

you will sometimes will deal 500% damage which is equal to a demon/sage sparked

attack. But weapons with this proc are not good if you go questing alone, so for sure get

some normal axes, so definetly get TT80 axes if you already have TT70 ones. If not, at

least TT70 ones you should get for a start.
    Feel free to PM me for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mistress Myra forced me to use her sigpic ↑
    With PWI since Dec 21st '08
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=922912
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • LordTalos - Dreamweaver
    LordTalos - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Currently i have similar cala's as well as TT80 Lion's. The cala's will give u a few more HP while the TT80's give u a similar damage bonus. I would use the cala's in situations where the added HP was REALLY needed (i.e. tanking TT's or RB). However as ive gotten closer to 90 i find myself needing the cala's less often and just put them in the AH today (Someone go bid on em >.>). Also now that i have my TT80s socketed and refined, i find myslef using them to tank more then the cala's cause the added damage really helps hold the aggro.

So i guess my answer is that for a little while, it might be advantagious to use both and switch depending on the situation. If u dont tank much or RB, then go ahead and just do the TT's...