What will pwi be like in 10 years?

Comments

• Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Ragnarok maybe? I'm not sure. And stop following me!

b:avoid

*stalk, stalk*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • GSnipes - Raging Tide
    GSnipes - Raging Tide Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    sadly Tera is p2p an yes it looks REALLY sexyb:dirty
    but i am seriously looking for a better f2p game till then i jus play pwi
    the devs mods etc are spending way to much time on bring out OTHER games and not paying attention to PWI, i hav to wait like 2 days for a response from tickets i submit. so all in all pwi is jus tryin to launch more games so they get more money. PWE is letting greed run wild and un controlled widen the gap and making it more annoyin than fun so all in all it may not last another....2 years tops
    My Arrows shall block out the sun
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    gone. its hard to maintain a F2P game just by boutique sales. Customers will QQ and eventually ragequit without knowing the reasons that the company might be needing the sales for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    It's worse than that! He's dead Jim!
  • Waterboy - Lost City
    Waterboy - Lost City Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    PW my so dead w/ 1m -2m per gold and merged servers because of low population lulzb:bye
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    a good game that recently went f2p is Spellborn. i couldnt continue it without a mouse though >.<
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • UntamedFreak - Lost City
    UntamedFreak - Lost City Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    nothing gonna change.
    they will be releasing their 10th year anniversary pack

/end of sarcasm
  • Korg - Lost City
    Korg - Lost City Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Dont think it would be around anymore, we will all have relocated to another F2P game worth the download.
  • Euphy - Dreamweaver
    Euphy - Dreamweaver Posts: 495 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    *ouch*
    People are pretty harsh here. Yes a decade is a long time, but Perfect World has had two expansions in its first year! If it keeps up the pace of new content and updates its graphics as the technology allows (they made meditation prettier!) I see no reason why it might not be here. Yes cashshoppers will always enjoy an advantage, but they're paying for it. I see no reason to rage quit because someone else got an endgame weapon and I'm still having fun kiting mobs around Thousand Streams.
    I would encourage PWI to focus on developing its PvP element however. Third Expansion: Celestial Wars, ftw! Demons versus Sages, we all know we want it! (>' ')>

Oh, so much fashion will have been released that everyone can look unique!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GSnipes - Raging Tide
    GSnipes - Raging Tide Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    yes we all saw the expansion and all the glitches that are still present
    My Arrows shall block out the sun
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    revamp whole pvp system and make all servers pvp b:pleased

to keep players later the pvp is needed, and for now with prices on angels too high for most to enjoy.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • chelseacrafter
    chelseacrafter Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Won't exist.

the database can't last that long

that is all b:chuckle
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    The servers are merged over the period of 2->4 years eventually down to 1 due to decreasing population.

The server is turned off for good 5.5 years from now.

At the 10 year mark, PWE is still dealing with all the lawsuits from delusional people who spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on PWI gear saying they deserve compensation for their investment in their uber gears being turned off.
  • Suiryujin - Sanctuary
    Suiryujin - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    >.> pwi wont survive 10 yr. 5yr maybe, but i think it will only be a former version of itself by then. dev obviously arent putting in the effort in the game. rushing content like TB out while leaving tons of other bugs. filling the CS with stuff so that people can speed through lvls where it usually takes weeks and month to go through. 10 year is a long time for any game, especially mmorpgs. the gap between the new player and old player only widens, and the widder it gets the less attractive it gets for new players.
    My body is made of swords.
    Iron is my blood, and glass is my heart.
    I have overcome countless battlefields undefeated,
    Without once retreating,
    Nor once being understood.
    Always alone, intoxicated with victory on the hill of swords.
    Therefore, there is no meaning to that life.
    Perhaps this body is nothing but a sword itself.
  • AngryShadow - Sanctuary
    AngryShadow - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    It's all pretty much been said already. I've been on both sides, i started a year ago as an archer on Sanc then went to Dreamweaver with a carbon copy archer(both never saw an oracle or a gold in their account), and now im back here on Sanc... the blademaster i started with is level 101 .. i re rolled an assassin and will be 85 this week from oracles and hyper exp FCC runs. It's an addiction at this point... one im about to kick. I imagined if i had stayed with the BM. and imagined meeting my assassin... with TT80 Gold Gear Frost Gold Daggers +6 with Garnet Gem and today level 6 Tailor after standing by elder for 4 minutes and never had bought a pickaxe. id prolly be pissed of my year of grinding / farming because it'd be like i had just got a demotion of 20 levels. Then we have the Almighty Wizzeled with the Nirvana Bow +5 and Ego +1500 <,<.. my 3 biggest recent problems with PW are the complete removal of FCC mats from the Game, the Addition of 500k fee to enter Lunar (3mil for a squad which is 500k a pop) and the blatent disregard for the people that were committed to this game and made the playerbase that attracted so many players worldwide. The profit that has been made by PWI is an exponiential number. I've spent over $1,400.00 USD in the past 2 months myself and Wizzeled makes my income look like i work at McDonalds.
    I actually have the 2nd highest paying job in the united states without a college degree as determined by the u.s. department of labor in 2009. So as for my 2 cents... i am certian this game will not last 10 years nor 2 years... possibly 1 more year at most if they keep this up. Discourage lower class players by removing content to allow the end game content to be that much better and put you that much farther away from it unless u spend money. Lose your playerbase and u fail. i will not even watch so much as a YouTube Gameplay Video of Battle of the Immortals because I an afraid of the same failure a year from now. Congratulations PWI , you've lost this customer soon.b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nanannana - Heavens Tear
    Nanannana - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    what the hell does ''ijs'' mean? first time i see this frequently.........

SOZ FOR OFFTOPIC!11111111111111111111
  • The_Wall - Heavens Tear
    The_Wall - Heavens Tear Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Most has been said about PWI in the year 2020. The servers will not last that long and more likely to be transferring accounts to fewer and fewer servers until there is none left. There will be local hotlines and a webtsite for people having problems of wasting over $1000 dollars on a game they only play 3-12 months and get bored of it. Just like the gambling hotlines you see on late night television. People regretting wasting all that money unable to provide for themselves or their family because of this game. Then there is the people unable to go back to society once all the servers are shut down and have no idea how to function. Then once all the people who spend all their money on the game and unable to get any kind of refund when all the servers are shut down there will be thousands of lawsuits. Once there is one victorious lawsuit there will be settlements flying left and right and new video game legislation in nations to prevent what PWE did to people.

RAWR! I'm a tiger
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • UltraStatic - Raging Tide
    UltraStatic - Raging Tide Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    saliith wrote: »
    Looking back at the progress games have made in the last 15 years and seeing how rapidly new games are developed, i don't think any game can last 10 years. In a decade, some online games might still have a fraction of the population they had in their prime, but most will just be dead. PW and similar games are even more likely to perish in the long run.

not true ultima online lasted 10 years. i know i use to play it
    It wasn't me!
    [SIGPIC]http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu307/StarChieff/UltraSonic-1.gif[/SIGPIC]
    Proud Member of the WHO DAT NATION!!!
  • Roseddesor - Heavens Tear
    Roseddesor - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Most likely when a game loses revenue over time and a company moves onto a new game it's sold to a different company. After this the new company will keep it running (most likely no big updates will come at this point further because the game will be ran by a handful of people) for as long as it is profitable at all. The game can last forever as long as there is no major mistakes. There is many 2d, 3d, p2p. f2p, ect. old old games still alive today, most of them have just been sold to another company at some point. Some examples would be Nexus (kingdom of the winds) Originally owned by nexon sold to Kru. Then Nexon went and made new more profitable games that caused them less trouble such as Maple Story and ********. Another Example Rose Online originally owned by Gravity (A failed mmo company) Sold it to another company. Point in case as long as no one makes the big oops!!! The game will last as long as it makes any money because there will always be a company out there to run it.

EDIT: The owners of Ragnorak bought Rose Online xD
  • OOmesuOo - Sanctuary
    OOmesuOo - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    hmmm , 10 years ?

i think no one can give an exact answer, alot of things happning in games wolrd and alot of thing happning in PWI itself.

but first i wanna say something for those ppl who do not like PWI and talking badly about it. If u r not having fun, or u think this game is not good , grafics, skills , characters and so .. just leave o.o !!

I myself see PWI a very nice game, it is easy to understand and go throw it, (btw -.- I'M NOT A CASH SHOPPER -.- just to let u all know). I like the grafics , it's ok for my weak comp :s, i like the classes - tho i think it can be better but it is still nice - and the game can be developed more and more. it can have more fun on it.

For me, playing a game for 10 years is impossible :x, maybe my sons play it after me XD, but me ? NO
    So ppl will go and ppl will come , it can be like this.. and it can survive like this.

But when we have a look to the other side ..
    PW itself is having new games trying to make it better than PWI. and other companies will do the same. Games will be more developed than PWI. Devs have to do their best to make it thro all these. ans also , the must take care of bugs and errors :s or else -.-

They need great ideas to make ppl intersted in PWI , not just new classes .. new quests , new events and so..

Cash shoping ? well it is a problem i know, Endgame gear ? it is also a problem .. But u can see it a probmles when u look at other ppl and wat do they have, don't at others and enjoy the game :D, I was one of those who were angry of gold prices , i was going to quit, 1 gold = 500k + :o , this is insane >.< ,, but now it is 1 gold = 400k -.. it is a matter of time ;) , when ppl r suck trying to have everything they will stop buying Golds then gold prices will go down ;)

just try to have fun , u have ur weap , armors , friends , pots , herbs , genie, and mounts then u own PWI :D

btw i like how molds are easy to find now and way cheaper than before :D .. thank you PWI :D

Good luck :3 , i maybe will not be here in 10 years :3 but u may can survive :D

• Valsharoon - Harshlands
    Valsharoon - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    This is my first p2p game and likely my last. I much prefer paying a subscription and know that the game is being maintained and there is somewhat a level playing field, and some semblance of customer support.

In this game, I always get the impression the designers are trying to suck every last penny out of you. Yes, I realize no one is forcing me to buy gold or CS items, but the game is constantly suggesting it. The lengths that it goes to do so is sometimes extraordinary. ie; Why can't we purchase fashion items from CS in colour that we prefer ? No, it has to be random. Of course it is just coincidental, that when you receive your fashion item it comes in an abysmal colour, that no one would be caught dead wearing. Random colour indeed!!. This problem is easily solved however, just need to buy some pigments ! How many ? 16 ? That is rather expensive. What is this, random pigments you are selling ? Who is going to buy this ? Make a bad situation worst ?

Finally get the pigments you need, all 16 of them and head to the seamtress. What is this ? A tiny microscopic square that I can hardly see ? Who designed this ? Well, I can only guess at the shade of colour. Whoops, got it wrong. Looks like I need so more pigments ! Try this again.
  • Icon - Harshlands
    Icon - Harshlands Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    It would be cool if it was a Studio Feature Film!
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Good joke, OP.

Also, necro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Oh nice, 2 year necro.

Made when people still had high hopes for pwi.
    Somewhat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    After 10 years, one thing for sure I should be already travelling with my future wife b:cute She's the lady ever!
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    8 years to see if people was right about how PWI will be in 10 years.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • JoeDirt - Raging Tide
    JoeDirt - Raging Tide Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    i didn't read any of the posts because i already know exactly what it will be like. there will be dozens of people on the forum's qqing about how "the game is dead" while the rest of us continue to waste away at our keyboards opening whatever new chance pack pwe came up with. after opening all our packs we will spend 26 minutes qqing about gold prices in factionchat followed by 7 minutes of reminiscing about "the good old days". then 4 of us will stand in west arch and look at each other while waiting for someone we don't like to pk... end drunken storytimeb:surrender
  • dog10240
    dog10240 Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Rish as hell cashshoppers will rule every server and PVP/TW won't be fun for those who can't cashshop. And you'll need +10 weapon to do anything...
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    dog10240 wrote: »
    And you'll need +10 weapon to do anything...

That's already almost the case <.< For many instances, it's clearly already the case tho.
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I actually remember reading this thread 2 years agob:cold
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
This discussion has been closed.