questions...

ghlegend
ghlegend Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Blademaster
Ok so i have a bm and i really dont know what to do with the build. Part of me wants to go all ax and just do the 3 str 1 vit 1 dex build till 30 vit then when i get 30 vit just go 3 str and 2 dex. The other part just wants to go 3 str and 2 dex so i can be a fist and axe bm since fist bms are apparently the best at grinding and ill still have all the stunlocks that Bms are famous for so...What should i do

3 str 1 vit 1 dex till 30 vit then 3 str 2 dex

or

3 str 2 dex from the start?

Thanks guys
Post edited by ghlegend on

Comments

• Starflair - Dreamweaver
    Starflair - Dreamweaver Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I think that if you're an inexperienced BM, you should probably start with 1 main build, instead of a hybrid. You'll get a better feel for the class that way.

IMO, I think axe/fist builds are stupid. At least axe/sword makes more sense because they both require a lot of DEX. An axe/fist build kind of gives you the bare minimal potential of both paths, especially since they're on completely opposite ends of the BM builds (fists requiring highest DEX and lowest STR, Axes requiring Highest STR and lowest DEX).

If you're into heavy grinding, go axe BM. At least then you have tons of AOE attacks and high damage.

If you want to hold aggro and be accurate, go fist. Having that much DEX is very fun. Low overall dmg, but such a high attack and hit rate.

Otherwise, just take the sword path. Kind of in the middle more or less.

It'd be nice to have both and be effective, but we can't all have our cake and eat it.

Of course, I never tried it myself, this is just my own opinion.
  • unoxx
    unoxx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    You can go axe/fist if you want, it gives you more versatility, and the possibilty to use the other weapon paths later on as well. Still, you might wanna focus on 1 path first, and branch out later. Since fists dont require skills to be effective (except mastery) you should focus on axe skills. That way you can use both quite nicely.

Just remember that it will make you very squishy early on, lvl 2x -5x is gonna be hard without any vit. In higher lvles this will be much less of a problem, and not at all at 90+.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Start off either axe or pole build.. you can branch out later... you won't have enough spirit until you're 8x to do more than one path realistically (unless you pour all your xp into genies for a while).

Fist build isn't really all that great until higher levels.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Archalt - Sanctuary
    Archalt - Sanctuary Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    You better put at least 2dex / lvl from the beginning if you actually want to HIT mobs. I started my very first BM with 1dex only and all I saw was MISS MISS MISS... =/ 3str 2dex works well and you will be able to use all weapons and heavy armor. If you have HP problems at low lvls, make some life powders. Easy and effective.
    ◄ Alt for posting. | PVE Sage Archer and happy with it.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I think that if you're an inexperienced BM, you should probably start with 1 main build, instead of a hybrid. You'll get a better feel for the class that way.

IMO, I think axe/fist builds are stupid. At least axe/sword makes more sense because they both require a lot of DEX. An axe/fist build kind of gives you the bare minimal potential of both paths, especially since they're on completely opposite ends of the BM builds (fists requiring highest DEX and lowest STR, Axes requiring Highest STR and lowest DEX).

If you're into heavy grinding, go axe BM. At least then you have tons of AOE attacks and high damage.

If you want to hold aggro and be accurate, go fist. Having that much DEX is very fun. Low overall dmg, but such a high attack and hit rate.

Otherwise, just take the sword path. Kind of in the middle more or less.

It'd be nice to have both and be effective, but we can't all have our cake and eat it.

Of course, I never tried it myself, this is just my own opinion.

axe's require high STR but gain large bouuses from dex

fists take high dex but get a lot from str

they work wonderfully together and i have never seen a bm regret making/restating axe/fist (all weapon) people that claim otherwise *points to this guy^* simply havent tryed it yet and have a tendency to speak nonsense

and yes we CAN have our cake and eat it...eating somone elses cake is kinda rude dont ya think?

it can get pricy at endgame but fliping from axe for aoe to fist for DPS to blads and spears for range dozens of times a instance is just plain fun
    Gifs are hard to make work here