Why still no Fortune/Chienkun Stone?

TigerLily - Lost City
TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Suggestion Box
On every single server of Perfect Word there is a cash shop item called Chienkun Stone or Fortune stone. It allows you to transfer a high refine from 1 item to another. The higher refine the more stones you need.

This cash shop item and this service is available on every server but PWI.
But not here, if we change armor or weapon, we have to get orbs and refine all over again from +0. If its greed from PWI or the fact that Beijing INC dont want the Us version to have this service i dont know, but its really starting tp **** alot of ppl of.

This event offered a lot of really amazing grade 13 and 14 gear/weapons.
But it also meant that high lvl weapons, cloaks, boots that players already had became outdated. Gear that players had refined highly, believing it was "endgame". And suddenly it where pretty mediocre compared to the new stuff. Now they have to start all over again and refine the new cloak, weapon, boots etc to +7+8+9+10 since we don't have the service to transfer refine here.

What makes it even worse is the upcoming patch. On Chinese PWI website they write about the expansion; lvl cap will be 120 and it will also be easier to lvl after 100. More exp per kill etc. You can get lvl 120 in a couple of month, new cities, new classes and also new gear.

This means all the event stuff ppl are spending loads of money to refine atm (for the second or third time thinking its endgame) will be OUTDATED again when you can get new even better gear as lvl 105-120 .

Im not negative to the fact that this game is offering new armor, weapons and jewelry. Its good it makes the game more fun. But since players on all other versions and server of Perfect World have the option to transfer refine when they get new and better endgame gear, and we don't, it really starts feeling like we as paying customers are getting robbed or even scammed.

I have 3 items refined to +8 i don't even use since stuff i got from event is better and i cant even sell cuz its auto bound. So dear PWI should i even bother refine my cv bow or crit boots or event cloak if these items will be outdated again in a couple of months - since
you for some reason refuse to give us customers the service so many other Perfect World Player gets.
Post edited by TigerLily - Lost City on

Comments

• Ethree - Lost City
    Ethree - Lost City Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    silly lily. There not gonna release these.Whether its their belief that they will lose money on orbs or the devs idk. I just dont see them getting released
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] tx Haiz too pro
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Well, there are issues with pricing, I bet.

1. If the price between refining and transferring is equal, the option is pointless.
    2. If the price of refining is more expensive, then PWI will lose money as the lower levels will be the only ones ever refining anything whereas the higher ones will use the cheaper option. With time, this means that majority of the server will eventually turn to using just the transfers once a while, which results in losses in comparison to the current setting.
    3. If the price of the service is more expensive than refining, then the service itself is pointless as everyone would just refine instead.

So your options as pointlessness, profit or loss. Now which do you think they will pick?

Really, I can only see it happening when majority of the server has reached the levels where you rarely change gear.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Well, there are issues with pricing, I bet.

1. If the price between refining and transferring is equal, the option is pointless.
    2. If the price of refining is more expensive, then PWI will lose money as the lower levels will be the only ones ever refining anything whereas the higher ones will use the cheaper option. With time, this means that majority of the server will eventually turn to using just the transfers once a while, which results in losses in comparison to the current setting.
    3. If the price of the service is more expensive than refining, then the service itself is pointless as everyone would just refine instead.

So your options as pointlessness, profit or loss. Now which do you think they will pick?

Really, I can only see it happening when majority of the server has reached the levels where you rarely change gear.

The price of the transfer if about 50% of the actual price if u use orbs on a high refine, maybe a little bit more. Its a pretty huge amount of stones you need to transfer refines that are +6 and up. But if you're a lower lvl and just want +3 its cheaper with orbs.

This works well on the other official servers, Malaysian, Chinese etc. If they are less greedy there or more user friendly i don't know. Maybe they think they might earn less money from orbs if they give us the service. But expecting ppl to +8 to +10 endgame gear when they introduce new better stuff every 4 months with new patches just makes me wanna kill myself.
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    The price of the transfer if about 50% of the actual price if u use orbs on a high refine, maybe a little bit more. Its a pretty huge amount of stones you need to transfer refines that are +6 and up. But if you're a lower lvl and just want +3 its cheaper with orbs.

This works well on the other official servers, Malaysian, Chinese etc. If they are less greedy there or more user friendly i don't know. Maybe they think they might earn less money from orbs if they give us the service. But expecting ppl to +8 to +10 endgame gear when they introduce new better stuff every 4 months with new patches just makes me wanna kill myself.

Of course. The current system favors low-mid level players, as they can do with 0-3 refines, which is currently the majority of the server. I doubt the situation will change until the average level gets higher.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Of course. The current system favors low-mid level players, as they can do with 0-3 refines, which is currently the majority of the server. I doubt the situation will change until the average level gets higher.

I truly hope you are right, that its only a matter of players average lvl base and not just greed. But i kinda doubt it since fortune stones is also used for refining with mirage, if you fail a refine it wont go back to 0 if u use a fortune stone. But instead the success rate is really low. So it has another use besides transfering.

Just feel like the developers in Beijing think that US players are so rich and dumb with money than can just as well +10 everything all over <.<

Q_Q
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    I truly hope you are right, that its only a matter of players average lvl base and not just greed. But i kinda doubt it since fortune stones is also used for refining with mirage, if you fail a refine it wont go back to 0 if u use a fortune stone. But instead the success rate is really low. So it has another use besides transfering.

Well, that's like the +3 or +2 orbs in the cash shop. They are more expensive than refining on your own, but are also faster. Multiple routes to the same destination, with different goals defining which route we pick.
    Just feel like the developers in Beijing think that US players are so rich and dumb with money than can just as well +10 everything all over <.<

Q_Q

That's what you get for going all "OMG AMERICA OWNS THE WORLD, NOW SUCK OUR NUKES!"

• SultryShade - Dreamweaver
    SultryShade - Dreamweaver Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    1) GL getting these stones put in the cash shop.

2) More often than not in games that american company's buy the right to host, the american company tends to control the cash shop content, not the devs, but contracts are different from game to game so who knows.

3) If you go to a boutique agent in any of the major cities you can bring up the transfer screen, it is under something like RT unavailable, and it will actually say you need the chienkun stone, and then it will give you a list of %s of success, it says something along the lines of transferring a refinement of 11 only has a .032% chance of success. So even if this is released here I bet you five bucks its gonna be one stone per try, and a VERY low chance of success for transferring high refines.
    I will not hesitate to beat you over the head with your own stupidity.

Yes I am a hypocrite.
  • david12345
    david12345 Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Didn't a GM/Mod already say that there are no plans putting in the refine transfer?

In any case it would lose PWI quite a bit of money, and unless they figure out how it will be profitable for them, no matter the player level using it, then its not going to be in the game.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Moved to the correct forum. The reason why stuff from other versions of PW may not be in this version is simply because PWI is a different version. Pay to play versions have items that would not work well in our version, as the game structures are completely different.
  • tizgar
    tizgar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    It's good to know that there will be no such option ever... but if PWI doesn't plan to enable this feature, so WHY IS THIS WINDOW STILL THERE? Tell me...

If PWI doesnt intend to enable it, so just delete it and DO NOT MAKE THE PLAYERS HOPE to transfer their refinement.

Now maybe small offtop but same concerns other features like:
    - Tournment & Arena System
    - Monthy dungeon race
    - Territory wars/Temple of the dragon/City of Abominations schedule suitable NOT ONLY for US players but for european too which are also a major group of PWI players.

With all of this flaws i start to think that PWI seem to not care it's players... only their wallets. You introduce something new, without finishing the old things..
  • Fielyla - Sanctuary
    Fielyla - Sanctuary Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    um yeah something like that yeah having the window ther eif its to never be used is lazy shows brokeness of the game and false hope seeing it

we want our Chienkun stones!!
    and port to linux or mabe do some testing on wine ty