kun kun glow worms

fuzzyniko
fuzzyniko Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Psychic
How can I get my Psy to do more damage to kun kun and the glow worms? They have no damage with magic and im lvl 40 and can only do 5 damage at a time so they run or fly out of range before i can kill them.
Post edited by fuzzyniko on

Comments

• Kimbley - Harshlands
    Kimbley - Harshlands Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Sucks doesn't it? b:angry
  • PurpleBomber - Dreamweaver
    PurpleBomber - Dreamweaver Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    fuzzyniko wrote: »
    How can I get my Psy to do more damage to kun kun and the glow worms? They have no damage with magic and im lvl 40 and can only do 5 damage at a time so they run or fly out of range before i can kill them.

Kun kun is like an annoying mob that was placed strategically in the heart of mobs that will kill your ****. b:shocked

Kun kun can be done but you will need friends or a squad. Firstly you have to bring kun kun life to half and while your bringing his life down have your squad mates/friends clear the way of other mobs for you so you dont get attack while chasing kun kun. As soon as kun kun life is below 50% let someone else kill him and ding you got the kill. b:chuckle

Glow worms i only squadded with a archer friend of mine and he did for it me without me having do little.
    Its like when you look into the eyes of a cute kitten or puppy it silently steals your soul.

But cmon THEY'RE CUTE!!! [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cute punchy kitty. Please don't punch me with your cuteness. >_<
  • FapFapFap - Raging Tide
    FapFapFap - Raging Tide Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Kunkun took me about 5-10 mins.. v.v

Tried to kill the glow worms with a bow...but 1 dmg isn't that much, lol.
    So i cried till some1 helped me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    a bow is probaly ur best option. ull be doing sucky dmg but atleast u wont have to run after the mob.
  • Tekril - Dreamweaver
    Tekril - Dreamweaver Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I just used Black Voodoo and melee attacks. Didn't take that long for me.
  • Anymuh - Heavens Tear
    Anymuh - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    IIRC, I killed Kun Kun of someone who left it with 20 or so HP, it was aggro free/reset without regenerating any health (just like the worms do). Though mobs you can do in squad, so just squad a veno there that levels pets...
  • Szol - Harshlands
    Szol - Harshlands Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    dont suc.k and use pattack rings.. common ppl use ur brains T_T
  • FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver
    FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver Posts: 463 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i did it in 10min, anyway if u are not smart enought to avoid the mobs around and keep hitting kun kun wiht ur sticky just get a bow and kill him like archers do but wiht LOW DMG
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shealu - Heavens Tear
    Shealu - Heavens Tear Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    get some friends b:victory
  • ryukage
    ryukage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    The thing to note about the Glow Worms is that they don't heal when they run away. You know how if you leave a mob alone long enough, it gets a golden glow around it that heals it to full hp and it goes back to its original position? Yeah, when that happens to a Glow Worm, it does not heal its hp.

Also remember, if you are in a squad while killing Glow Worms, you will not get credit for the kill. If you're in a squad, even if the squad members are miles away, leave the squad while killing the Glow Worms.

With that in mind, you don't really need help or different equipment or anything. Just move into melee range and smack it with your Soulsphere. When it runs out of your range, do NOT follow it, but keep it targeted so you don't lose track of it. Wait until the gold aura appears (and it should be coming back to you), immediately fly towards it and chain another set of normal attacks. You should actually have time for 2-4 attacks to land during this time, because it won't run again until the gold aura disappears. Use Black Voodoo to help squeeze every ounce of damage per hit that you can.

This method is a little time consuming, but it works. Plus it's a more honest way, since you're not *supposed* to have help on this test. b:chuckleb:victory
  • abcyang
    abcyang Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    the kun kun will run away opposite to where you are standing. pick the right spot and it will run in a clear path through the mobs so you dont get hit. then just follow and smack it for the 5hp at a time untill its history, Aim to get it running towards heavens tear.....
  • Sangodoc - Dreamweaver
    Sangodoc - Dreamweaver Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    ryukage wrote: »
    Also remember, if you are in a squad while killing Glow Worms, you will not get credit for the kill.
    This isn't true. My psychic was having a hard time killing the Staunch Worms, and there was a veno nearby leveling up her Petite Sawfly, so I just asked if I could squad with her, she said yes, and I got all 10 kills for the quest without having to kill any myself. I said thanks, left the squad, and turned in the quest. No problem. :-)

I don't know if the same works for Kun Kun though.
  • ryukage
    ryukage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    This isn't true. My psychic was having a hard time killing the Staunch Worms, and there was a veno nearby leveling up her Petite Sawfly, so I just asked if I could squad with her, she said yes, and I got all 10 kills for the quest without having to kill any myself. I said thanks, left the squad, and turned in the quest. No problem. :-)

I don't know if the same works for Kun Kun though.
    Huh. When I tried that, the quest stopped giving me credit until I left the party and soloed them, then it worked fine. Maybe I'm just unlucky.
  • Solinah - Dreamweaver
    Solinah - Dreamweaver Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I have the same problem :/
    Kun Kun is immune against magic attacks, so you have to attack physacly.
    Which could be quite a problem if you are a psy >,<
    So get yourself a barb, or blademaster ( or mabye 2 or 3 of them xD) and let them help you ^^
    CoughIneedhelpwithKunkuntooCough b:chuckle
  • DredOpal - Heavens Tear
    DredOpal - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    My psy used the melee attack with black voodoo on Kun Kun I didn't have to chase him as far as my wiz did with a bow. This is a quest ur supposed to do alone, so I don't know if u can be in a squad. Perhaps just having friends there to assist and make sure u get over 50% of the damage before they attack might work. If you attack in a direction that forces Kun Kun into the village u won't have much trouble with the other mobs.

My wiz has a better hitting bow than my psychic, but I had used over 100 arrows, chased the staunch worm back and forth across the city, and then it was well on its way out to sea when I gave up and only had it down by 20% of it's hp when I gave up. Squadded with a veno there and it was done quickly. So, I didn't even try with my psy, just squadded with a veno and got it done.
  • Deathflow - Dreamweaver
    Deathflow - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    just get some genie skill.. is much easier
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    OMG, you're all kidding me right? You are just reinventing the wheel here, wizzys did it soooo long ago.

KUnkun: buy a lvl 1 bow and chace him to town
    Staunc worms: get a veno/archer/anyone physical in squad and ask them to do it for you

End of story
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear
    AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I have the same problem :/
    Kun Kun is immune against magic attacks, so you have to attack physacly.
    Which could be quite a problem if you are a psy >,<
    So get yourself a barb, or blademaster ( or mabye 2 or 3 of them xD) and let them help you ^^
    CoughIneedhelpwithKunkuntooCough b:chuckle

wrong, Kun Kun is immune to Elemental Damage, not magic. clerics and venos r the only 2 mag classes who can take down Kun Kun effectively. Clerics have 2 attacks at that lvl that dont deal metal dmg. venos use pets. wizzy's and psys whack the hell outta them b:cute
    Avatars: Name-Class-Lvl-Server-Guild-Activeness

AngelOfLies-Cleric-90 Sage-no guild-Not currently Active
    _CatGirl_-Veno-80-No Guild-Not Currently Acitve
    BlindingEdge-Seeker-6x-No Guild-Main
    DrawtheWaves-Sin-5x-No Guild-Active Alt
  • Solinah - Dreamweaver
    Solinah - Dreamweaver Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    wrong, Kun Kun is immune to Elemental Damage, not magic. clerics and venos r the only 2 mag classes who can take down Kun Kun effectively. Clerics have 2 attacks at that lvl that dont deal metal dmg. venos use pets. wizzy's and psys whack the hell outta them b:cute
    Yeah I killed Kun kun the old fashioned way XD
    Normal attacks!
    made 20 damage every hit and it took a while but now he is dead XP
  • Kwon - Raging Tide
    Kwon - Raging Tide Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    when i had to kill that b:angryGOATb:angry there was a willing-to-help guy to hit him once an put his hp arround 55 after did 3 dmg i think. after that it didn't seem to take that long
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Very simple, don't use a level 1 bow. Even though bows have range, a magic weapon at level 30 (kunkun q?) still has way more P.attk than a level 1 bow and will get the mobs killed much faster.

But hey, it's just a handfull of mobs of these you got to kill in your entire PW career so whichever way you do it, it won't really matter that much as long as it gets the job done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sangodoc - Dreamweaver
    Sangodoc - Dreamweaver Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Very simple, don't use a level 1 bow. Even though bows have range, a magic weapon at level 30 (kunkun q?) still has way more P.attk than a level 1 bow and will get the mobs killed much faster.
    Er... you do realize that this requires that they put points in Dex in order to use the higher level bows, right? The level 1 bow is the only one available if they haven't put any points in Dex, which is what most arcane armor psychics have done.
  • starglimr
    starglimr Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Um...he's saying don't use a bow at all
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    Hypnos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,235 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Doomed Necromancer has been sumoned on the field.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Kun Kun, just aim to get him away from all the mobs surrounding him. If you run manually instead of just following him, you can get hits off.

Glow worms, there's usually a veno there trying to train a phoenix that won't mind partying you. :P
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Kai_Umi - Heavens Tear
    Kai_Umi - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Yeah just find ppl to help you, it s not so hard, but i agree, where is the point of making those immun to mag atk except to annoy the player?b:surrender

And btw hypnos you fell in a kind of might and magic card trip lol
  • KanariaRose - Archosaur
    KanariaRose - Archosaur Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Was really easy for me. black voodoo and ***** slapped that ho around with my soul sphere, didnt take long at all. If he runs into mobs, dont follow , just wait. He runs back to this starting point without recovering hp
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    Hypnos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,235 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    All necromancer take over...this is a raid...
    wait...he didn't lock this yet =o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]