Veno healing aggro NO SUCH THING

Options
Flixix - Dreamweaver
Flixix - Dreamweaver Posts: 152 Arc User
edited February 2010 in General Discussion
I am so sick of hearing people saying "oh I/they got aggro because they healed my/their pet." Look lets get this straight the only reason they got aggro is because they attacked before their pet!

I go by a two strike rule, my pet has to attack twice before I attack. I can heal straight away though, I have NEVER got aggro from healing.

I have done this at lvl 90 with a lvl 65 pet! Yet some how I never got aggro.
Post edited by Flixix - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I usually attack straight away too, barely grab agro (lucky me) but when two mobs are trying to eat your pet, and your pet aint eating both and you heal then, you got your agro.
    Most people tend to forget to make sure the pet has attacked both mobs before healing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Faith_z - Sanctuary
    Faith_z - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Just that it doesnt happen to you doesnt mean it dont excist :P

It does happen to my lvl 49 veno, if i attack a mob, and a respawn next to it decides to attack and i heal before i send pet to attack it, it happens.
    Easy to prevent tho, so it doesnt happen to me anymore either. but it does excist
    My caracters:
    Faith_z - 7x Cleric (main)
    HaveFaith_z - 5x Veno
    Ivory_Soul -3x Psychic

Dont give me an attitude, I got one of my own!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Saitadatude FTW :P
  • Candydrop - Lost City
    Candydrop - Lost City Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    u send ur pet to attack a mob, pet attacks u heal it pet still has aggro, 2nd mobs starts hitting ur pet that just either moved close or spawned there and u heal ur pet then u get heal aggro of the 2nd mob because ur pet hasnt attacked it. that's what it means for a veno the "i got heal aggro" phrase.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Archibald - Raging Tide
    Archibald - Raging Tide Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I am just guessing... maybe the "healing aggro" doesn't happen when you use a herc, because when the extra mobs strike, the herc reflects, and so has contracted aggro already. So-to-say the automatic way to hit all mobs at least once.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I am so sick of hearing people saying "oh I/they got aggro because they healed my/their pet." Look lets get this straight the only reason they got aggro is because they attacked before their pet!

I go by a two strike rule, my pet has to attack twice before I attack. I can heal straight away though, I have NEVER got aggro from healing.

You have been fortunate then. I have had a mob come off my pet while healing. Mob was half dead, all damage to it done by my pet (none by me at all), and it came off and attacked me.

So, explain that? Hmm?

Woops, looks like you can't. Guess you are just wrong then.

~Saitada
  • Candeh_Love - Sanctuary
    Candeh_Love - Sanctuary Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    You have been fortunate then. I have had a mob come off my pet while healing. Mob was half dead, all damage to it done by my pet (none by me at all), and it came off and attacked me.

So, explain that? Hmm?

Woops, looks like you can't. Guess you are just wrong then.

~Saitada

I know what you've been through, you can get heal aggro from the monster your pet is attacking, I have been explained why but ofc I've forgot, something about how much dmg the pet is doing and how much healing you are doing anyway.

But yeah, just in case peeps need more proof: Solo tanking a TT boss. You and herc and no one else around. You spam heal and dont even attack once because if you do your pet's a goner and yet, SURPRISE, boss comes at you after some good few minutes.

Heal aggro.
    It's rare, it's weird but as sure as hell it's there.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I don't think I've ever managed to out-aggro my pet from pure healing.

But yes, it does exist. If your pet has a couple of mobs on it then yes, you CAN pull the one it's not currently hitting just by healing your pet enough.

(Even with a herc, if the one it's not hitting is using ranged attacks then you can pull it.)

Admittedly, my normal reason to pull aggro is to shoot too early, and get an unlucky crit. But it can happen from pure heals.

It takes several heals to overcome a single pet skill-use though.
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

Please stop and *attempt* to think next time you pontificate on something you don't know about. It will help prevent you from looking like a bloody idiot, like you do now.

Sincerely, The Internet
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Wasn't about taking heal aggro form your pet if it has several mobs on it or if you out dmg your pet, that's common and even if you're careful it still might happen to you, but to get heal aggro from purely only healing your pet and your pet is olny fighting one mob...that's the thing some think that it can't happen and they're obviously wrong about it.

EDIT: LOL @ post above xD
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Wasn't about taking heal aggro form your pet if it has several mobs on it or if you out dmg your pet, that's common and even if you're careful it still might happen to you, but to get heal aggro from purely only healing your pet and your pet is olny fighting one mob...that's the thing some think that it can't happen and they're obviously wrong about it.

Well, it can happen if your pet gets stuck in the landscape and stops hitting, and it can happen if the mob resets aggro for some reason. Otherwise... dunno. I'll go tame a beetle and see if having a sufficiently large difference between my heal and my pets attack can make it happen. It should be possible, but you'd need a LOT of difference.

Can't say I've ever seen a veno complaining about stealing aggro with JUST heals. The heal being the final straw, sure - but it's the unlucky crit what did it.

(Anyone got reduce-crit rings? I loathe crits!)
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Well, it can happen if your pet gets stuck in the landscape and stops hitting, and it can happen if the mob resets aggro for some reason. Otherwise... dunno. I'll go tame a beetle and see if having a sufficiently large difference between my heal and my pets attack can make it happen. It should be possible, but you'd need a LOT of difference.

Can't say I've ever seen a veno complaining about stealing aggro with JUST heals. The heal being the final straw, sure - but it's the unlucky crit what did it.

(Anyone got reduce-crit rings? I loathe crits!)

Yeah yay for glitches, tried leveling my sawfly on ground, it got stuck, pulled aggro healing and had to run around so the pet will unstuck xD

A friend had that happen to her and I know it's true because I know how she tanks the TT bosses and I know for a fact she doesn't attack, she only heals so somehow this can be possible, she being all magic and stuffs...heh, I can't see it happen to me tho since I do have quite a few Vit points and tbh I never tried it but your idea is good, lemme know how it goes with the beetle thing! :P
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Lvl 90 veno says there is no heal aggro. lol
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Lvl 90 veno says there is no heal aggro. lol

And I got a lvl 82 and a lvl 90 veno that says it is and experienced it.b:chuckle

As ppl said it before, if it doesn't happen to you, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
  • Andromaka - Heavens Tear
    Andromaka - Heavens Tear Posts: 925 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I cant stop laughting ....
    Now tbh did you ever hear of cleric agro coz of heal??? heal pet agro is the same as cleric's heal tank agro ... and it works the same. U can heal pet agro IF and only IF
    1. other mob(s) spanw close to your pet which he didnt hit yet.
    2. Pet stopped attacking for a pretty long time and u kept healing.

same goes with barb too if he doesnt have bramble or dont alpha male, when he lures many mobs and get healed by cleric, cleric gets heal agro.
    on a 1 hit 1 heal matter u cant grab agro as healer just because your healing amount is higher then the attack power of the tanker.

Also many times i have to hold the boss till some of my party members get there and i stopped pet from attacking at the last 10% oh boss HP and never ever got agro like that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I cant stop laughting ....
    Now tbh did you ever hear of cleric agro coz of heal??? heal pet agro is the same as cleric's heal tank agro ... and it works the same. U can heal pet agro IF and only IF
    1. other mob(s) spanw close to your pet which he didnt hit yet.
    2. Pet stopped attacking for a pretty long time and u kept healing.

same goes with barb too if he doesnt have bramble or dont alpha male, when he lures many mobs and get healed by cleric, cleric gets heal agro.
    on a 1 hit 1 heal matter u cant grab agro as healer just because your healing amount is higher then the attack power of the tanker.

Also many times i have to hold the boss till some of my party members get there and i stopped pet from attacking at the last 10% oh boss HP and never ever got agro like that.

*sighs* Why are you so full of yourself thinking you know best? As in for the cleric healing aggro and pet healing aggro that are similar...*sighs* this was not the case here since most of us know that if you have 2 mobs blah blah you can blah blah steal aggro by healing your pet from one of them and etc etc.
    But again, read carefully, it was not about the common situations in which you can steal aggro by healing your pet, but about the uncommon one, where you only heal your pet against one mob and yet manage to steal aggro doing that.
    It is not daily basis happening, I only heard of such things a few times in the last year I've been playing, but as rare as it is, somehow it does happen.
  • hallsvaporaction
    hallsvaporaction Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    This was my first healing aggro experience as a veno:
    lvl58 pure mag toon with lvl58 c-mag and lvl53 heal soloing BH Farren.
    2 Terrawraith Generals.
    Single Bash on first mob; switched to second mob; single normal attack on second mob because Bash is in cooldown, didn't miss; switched back to first mob; healed pet only once, second mob came right after me. That was 1 attack and 1 heal as far as I'm concerned and the mob still came after me.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

natural-selection.jpg
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ^ cool cat
    So it seem to be. .
    Mob may chase you after heal if the pet not hit the mob with skill ? b:surrender
    But sometimes they just chase you even if the pet use skill ?
    Are some mob reset agroo on certain times ? like half hp ? (like instance boss)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Andromaka - Heavens Tear
    Andromaka - Heavens Tear Posts: 925 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    *sighs* Why are you so full of yourself thinking you know best? As in for the cleric healing aggro and pet healing aggro that are similar...*sighs* this was not the case here since most of us know that if you have 2 mobs blah blah you can blah blah steal aggro by healing your pet from one of them and etc etc.
    But again, read carefully, it was not about the common situations in which you can steal aggro by healing your pet, but about the uncommon one, where you only heal your pet against one mob and yet manage to steal aggro doing that.
    It is not daily basis happening, I only heard of such things a few times in the last year I've been playing, but as rare as it is, somehow it does happen.

im not full of my self. and i dont say i know best and yes i read that you are saying it is not the case of 2 mobs heal agro but yet i am saying it is impossible. probably 1 of the hits was a miss... since u admit it involved 2 mobs most likely it was a miss you didnt notice ... I doubt u ever experienced a heal pet agro case in a 1 vs 1 with a mob which u only heal and not attack.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Hmmm heal aggro does exsist hit 5 mobs at once and see how much heal aggro you get. If a mob starts to reset thru regeneration you get heal aggro. If you have more then 7 mobs on your pet at once you get "heal" aggro. Mmm like they have all said there is such thing as heal aggro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Options
    http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Aggro
    ^ cool cat
    So it seem to be. .
    Mob may chase you after heal if the pet not hit the mob with skill ? b:surrender
    But sometimes they just chase you even if the pet use skill ?
    Are some mob reset agroo on certain times ? like half hp ? (like instance boss)

Yes - if your pet doesn't attack the mob then the mob will come after you for healing the pet.
    If your pet attacks but misses then the mob will still hate the pet, but not very much - the first or second heal will probably pull the mob off.
    If your pet uses skills then the mob will hate the pet strongly and come after you.

Yes, some special bosses reset aggro periodically. The first one you'll meet is Dimentora in TT1-x. When he shouts out about "007" he resets aggro (just as if someone had used roar on him) and will then go after whoever hits him next, or even go after heal aggro. He's not that hard to manage once you know it's coming.

The other thing that always makes mobs forget who they hate is when they yellow-bubble. The magus trapped in the rocks in FB51, just before fushma, is the one you'll most commonly find that happening with.

I'm not going to rule out other aggro weirdness either - it *seems* (and I aint gonna claim this as pure truth, but it does seem) that aggro decays over time. I've had pyro solidly held on my pet, then had to hold off for a while (because we realised someone wasn't actually near enough to get credit) - and then when we resumed his aggro was MUCH less solidly held; not just on me (who had been throwing heals) but he peeled off and went for the cleric, who had stopped attacking when the herc did, which he wouldn't normally have done if there hadn't been that pause in the action. Might just have been some unlucky crits from the cleric, but it's happened that way a few times in different places.

Another place to look for oddness is crossing from one zone into another - mobs will sometimes pick a new target when they walk across, just as though they'd freshly spawned. That one's rarer though (and your pet buffs randomly being removed is more of an issue)
  • Dioica - Sanctuary
    Dioica - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

Mmm... you should try soloing an unwined brimstone some time.

If you can get past the chambermaids you can have lots of fun dealing with proles kiting into aggro range of other proles and wandering patrols and...

Let us just say that your description of game mechanics lacks completeness.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Mmm... you should try soloing an unwined brimstone some time.

If you can get past the chambermaids you can have lots of fun dealing with proles kiting into aggro range of other proles and wandering patrols and...

Let us just say that your description of game mechanics lacks completeness.
    who solos brim unwined? it was almost physically impossible to get past those without an extra DD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    who solos brim unwined? it was almost physically impossible to get past those without an extra DD.

I'm proud to say that I have, in fact, soloed an unwined Brimstone. It was a pain in the ****. Never done it again.
  • saliith
    saliith Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I did Stygean Quartermaster once with another veno and someone else (can't remember class).
    Me and the other veno already put some serious hurting on Stygean when the 3rd person says he's gonna take a while to get there. I call back my herc because Stygean was already on low health.
    I say i'm gonna go afk a bit and ask the other veno to heal my herc. When i get back, the herc was on like 10% HP and the other veno was dead - > took aggro healing.
    The other guy still wasnt here so i keep healing my herc and sure enough, after a minute or two of healing Stygean turns on me which almost gets me killed as well.
    So yes, there is something called ''veno healing aggro''.
  • Ophida - Dreamweaver
    Ophida - Dreamweaver Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    lol, send your pet into a group of monsters and heal it... See what happens :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    yes, there is such a thing as heal pet aggro. no reflect on the herc does not prevent this. also 1-2 normal hits from pet does not prevent it either. one bash does, for a while, but not indefinitely.

with that said i have never gotten "heal aggro" from healing the pet during non-battle status. its only happened to me when ive healed while multiple mobs are on the pet.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

EDIT: LOL @ post above xD

So yeah... i guess you would say there's no such thing as pets getting xp because if you attack a mob 50 levels lower than you, your pet will get nothing.

Wonder how many more of those useless statements we could get away with.

There is no lag (if you never walk into Archo)
    There is no Ks (if you only grind by yourself at odd hours, in deserted places)
    There's no GMs... oh, wait
  • Amsel - Sanctuary
    Amsel - Sanctuary Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    yeah ive gotten this heal aggro, though its only happened when i havent had herc attacking the boss / mob for a while waiting for someone usually

other than that its just when multiple mobs hit ur pet and u dont have bramble yeah XD ull take aggro. after using herc for so long on mobs going to nix was a bit hard cause i forgot it doesnt have bramble T^T
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I am just guessing... maybe the "healing aggro" doesn't happen when you use a herc, because when the extra mobs strike, the herc reflects, and so has contracted aggro already. So-to-say the automatic way to hit all mobs at least once.

Only if every mob has hit the Herc, and all the mobs are physical melee. If there's a ranged or magic mob in there, or not all the melee mobs have attacked the Herc, then it's coming after the veno as soon as she heals.

And yes, soloing unwined Brim is where I run into this the most.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.