Does a spear BM suits me better?

viralko
viralko Posts: 21 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Blademaster
I want my BM to be good at PvE but I also want to be helpful on group quests and such, PVP doesn't really appeal me and I've heard that the axe BM is awesome in PVP and in AoE grinding due to stunlocks, in what area does a spear BM excels? Or going axe build is overall better for my style of gameplay?

What are actually the 'pros' of using a spear instead of an axe?
Thanks for your time, I still don't get most of the stuff about this game .-.
Post edited by viralko on

Comments

• DrHook - Harshlands
    DrHook - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Sounds like you wanna go axe.

The axe path has the most aoes making you great at solo PvE, and when it comes to group PvE they are no less useful.

Also keep in mind Heavens Flame (lvl 59 axe skill) is the most useful bm skill to have in a squad.
    The only advantage to spears that I know of is range, which is great for PvP, but if your not interested in PvP its just Ok.

So yeah I think axes would be better for your style of gameplay.
  • Axels - Harshlands
    Axels - Harshlands Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Pole has decent damage output and its great for running mobs but yeah i agree you seem more into the axes since no pvp...with them you can aoe grind at higher lvls while pole is more push attack single mob weapon but up to you which you like better =)
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Inb4

OMG go all 4 weapon paths or u failz! b:chuckle
  • MrBladey - Lost City
    MrBladey - Lost City Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    viralko wrote: »
    I want my BM to be good at PvE but I also want to be helpful on group quests and such, PVP doesn't really appeal me and I've heard that the axe BM is awesome in PVP and in AoE grinding due to stunlocks, in what area does a spear BM excels? Or going axe build is overall better for my style of gameplay?

What are actually the 'pros' of using a spear instead of an axe?
    Thanks for your time, I still don't get most of the stuff about this game .-.

Imho axes are alot better for aoe grinding. Poles are also able to do that, but they can't do it as efficiently since axes can aoe non-stop while poles need to use they're knockback to but time while they're aoe skills cooldown. Heaven's flame is great for group PVE in Bounty Hunters and FB. And Drake Bash is also a nice extra stun for running instances.
    For honor...
    For glory...
    FOR E-PEEN!
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    OMG go all 4 weapon paths or u failz!
    (Damn it DarkSeph)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Starchief - Sanctuary
    Starchief - Sanctuary Posts: 606 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    All 4 wea... aww dammit late again!b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • unoxx
    unoxx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    lolz why do I see ppl saying axes are better at solo AoE gringing. If you do that without charm and take too many mobs --> you die.
    With pole you just push em back, cooldown and attack again. Mobs will go down fast enough, and you can take on more at the time. Oh, and you wont die! Sounds like plan ^_^

go with all 4 weaps tho or you indeed failz omg! Nah, at least go with axes and pole n find out for yourself.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Lunar Zerk spear and TT99 Monarch spear with purge effect are the two spears I have.. and they're really good both in pve/pvp.

Tbh all 4 paths are useful in their own way, but I find it easier to have a solid base of axe skills first to help you level, then when you have extra spirit and coin, get spear / fist skills..

I'd learn sword skills last just cause they're the least useful imo. I've only found usefulness in Myriad Sword Stance @ like... warsong metal boss / Harpy wraith lmao. Other than that my sword rusts in my bag.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    The two spears I like are the Purge spear, and the Stun+Seal TT90 gold one, Evil Eye. Even with a small chance of proc, it can be used with demon Meteor Rush to help increase the chances of a stun proc'ing on the target to set up a very nice stun chain. Not one to be counted on, but when you're just taking your time running their cycles down, getting the proc chance can be made use of.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Lunar Zerk spear and TT99 Monarch spear with purge effect are the two spears I have.. and they're really good both in pve/pvp.

Tbh all 4 paths are useful in their own way, but I find it easier to have a solid base of axe skills first to help you level, then when you have extra spirit and coin, get spear / fist skills..

I'd learn sword skills last just cause they're the least useful imo. I've only found usefulness in Myriad Sword Stance @ like... warsong metal boss / Harpy wraith lmao. Other than that my sword rusts in my bag.

demon atamos strike = archer/sin Q.Q

and till level 60 single blades are the best DPS weapon for a bm even after that still decent for pve for those afraid to go 0vit

but till i get my hands on a few of the blade hell skills ya...swords are my least used pathb:surrender
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • _Cristian_ - Lost City
    _Cristian_ - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    go fists, best pve wep ever