Cheapest and Most Expensive Class

MissxCleric - Sanctuary
MissxCleric - Sanctuary Posts: 134 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
Heya,

they say that Cleric is the most expensive class and Venomancer the cheapest, but why is that?
I thought Venomancer is more expensive, because she has a pet she has to feed.
So can anyone tell me why Cleric is the most expensive?
Thanks.
Post edited by MissxCleric - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Because a cleric chokes down mana continuously.

Whilst a venomancer almost never needs to drink a potion. Heck, I typically sell the ones monsters drop to other players.

Now, you're sorta right about petfood. Basic water cosst 53 coins and you use one up every five minutes.
    Which is nothing compared to a cleric using up potions.
    Now, if you start to need legendary pet-food (meat, hay, cookie) that starts to cost - or you can just buy a tome, any tome (so under 1m coin) and have to do that only when the pet dies a couple of time.

Clerics also have a fairly expensive set of skills - though yeah, venomancers done properly have more expenses there.

Neither clerics nor venos pay very much in repair costs. So that's a wash.
  • Odadom - Sanctuary
    Odadom - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Veno is probably the most EXPENSIVE class because if you want the BEST pet you have to buy a herc that costs 70-90mil or 150-200 dollars. AFTER that yes, the cheapest... Oh wait, you need pet food for herc (5-10k each?). And you better get a herc after 60-70 if you want to get into good squads. It's sad, but true... =/ I think Archer is fairly cheap, thanks to winged shell, I never need MP pots and very rarely need HP pots. Thanks to range, the repair cost is low. After 60-70, they need good armor to get more hp / def but you'll have enough money for that around those lvls. BM is similar to archer, pretty affordable. Cleric is expensive because of MP pots / charms and Barb is expensive because HP pots / charms / repair cost. Not sure about other classes.
    Well, this is my opinion, don't bite my head off.
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Well...playing devil's advocate, venomancer has to make some pretty pricey investments. Getting those Herc and Nix pets is pretty damn costly, along with the skills.

Once you got those, though, it's pretty smooth sailing.

Btw, don't underestimate how expensive a wizard is b:surrender Our notorious talent for burning MP is only topped by the cleric.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KingTank - Heavens Tear
    KingTank - Heavens Tear Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    veno's make good money when they get a herc you can solo TT's , its time consuming but can be profitable unless your having a bad day although it can also tank 10 mobs at once +5 lvls higher then the herc.

Expensive classes would be Clerics & barbs at the top then archers, BM and wizards and maybe Psychics not to sure of their MP consumption. It really depends on a Veno if its a HA Melee fox one it can be expensive.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Other than that what makes venomancer the cheapest is minimal repair cost. b:surrender
    If you not fox form user venomancer, pet always tank for you.
    As venomancer you can solo instances much more earlier than other class and with much more less cost to be able to solo high lv instance like TT.

(heck those cash shop pet was more cheaper than making other class able to solo high lv instance)

Some financial problem why people don't want to play barb =
    1. They don't do great damage from low to mid lv, that mean longer kill more repair cost.
    2. As a tank in squad of course your repair bill is the highest and don't forget spam mp pots or charm you burn.
    3. And don't forget those agroo stealer.
    4. Barb has limited edit option on character make over.

As cleric =
    1. No one can defeat you on mp eating race in squad. (maybe archer with barrage can)
    2. Have to master all those skill for squad and your own solo skill must be expensive.
    3. You have to get really good gear so you can survive boss aoe or stray mob in instances.
    4. Don't forget *unlimited* rez please request.

BM also expensive if you want to use all skills to help squad, especially switching to fist to stop boss skill.
    And don't forget you may need all good weapon available, the cost to master 4 weapon path must be expensive.

Well i am only think those 4 Barb, Cleric, BM (if not using all weapon then he droped from these list), Veno.

Maybe the new most expensive is assassin since la armor + melee. Assassin really need uber gear, epic refines, great shard so cleric don't have to keep healing them. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Archalt - Sanctuary
    Archalt - Sanctuary Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Veno is probably the most EXPENSIVE class because if you want the BEST pet you have to buy a herc that costs 70-90mil or 150-200 dollars. AFTER that yes, the cheapest... Oh wait, you need pet food for herc (5-10k each?). And you better get a herc after 60-70 if you want to get into good squads. It's sad, but true... =/

^ I totally agree with this.

Cheapest is BM I think, especially after lvl29, when they get their heal skill and their damage gets better. They need almost no potions. Archers are squishier, but ranged so if they don't mess it up, they can be pretty cheap, too. And cheapest arrows are perfect for grinding, don't waste money on the expensive ones! Clerics are expensive if you are fullsupport, because support skills drain your mana. If you go solo, it's not that bad (a few attack skills and a heal won't cost too much mana). Same with Barbarian... expensive if they tank all the time, lol.
    ◄ Alt for posting. | PVE Sage Archer and happy with it.
  • Lythiaana - Dreamweaver
    Lythiaana - Dreamweaver Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Like what everyone said, yes. Venos are considered cheap, ONLY, and i really mean only if you use a golem or free pet and hang with it till end game. However, towards the end, you'll realize that a lot of demanding people will go around shouting for a veno with herc, and then all that saved up money will go into a herc or nix fund. Bye goes money.

So Venos are actually not really cheap to play. Everyone would love to have to best of the best, and in terms of maxing out skills, venos are not cheap. I have to agree with BMs. They are boring at first, but once they get their essential skills, and with a focus on one tree path, they don't get that expensive.
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I have to agree with BMs. They are boring at first, but once they get their essential skills, and with a focus on one tree path, they don't get that expensive.

BM with only one path is a fail BM. You'd be surprised how costs can stack up when you are going for GX, FC fists/Lunar claws, Lunar Spears and 3-4 masteries.

Any class CAN be expensive if you want it to be. There are of course talks about Wiz needing lots of money for end game and/or Veno needs Herc. But if we are talking about regular playing of the game, Venos are the cheapest to start off with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    BM with only one path is a fail BM.

agreed.
    b:surrender
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    BM with only one path is a fail BM.

Just saying it's cheap O.o not mentioning it's fail b:thanks
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Just saying it's cheap O.o not mentioning it's fail b:thanks

Veno with just a golem is cheap. o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
    edited February 2010
    Veno with just a golem is cheap. o.o

That's true xD It's hard to stick to a die hard, no cash shopping or leg. pet veno though b:sad I was like that till around lvl 5x.....and then i gave in b:cry
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    Technotic - Sanctuary Posts: 591 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    It all depends. Scale from 1 to 10 on cost. 10 being the highest.

BladeMaster = I'd give them a 4. BladeMaster can get through the game without paying too much. The only reason a BladeMaster would get anything higher than a 4 is if its tanking a boss. Other than that, the constant stuns and high physical defense keeps it from taking much damage to repair.

Wizard/Psy = 5... MAYBE a 6 if you're really putting alot into it. Constantly burning mana and costing them a bit in pots and charms.

Veno = 1 and a 10. 10 because to get the best pet, its VERY costly(Roughly 70mil to 100mil). But once they have that pet, they can run their own TT runs making them lots of money. Veno rarely has to use any pots.

Barbarian = 9. Repair costs for constant tanking and charms cost alot. Probably the most expensive class. Not much more has to be said.

Cleric = 7. Mana pots get to be costly from all the healing on barb and the rest of the squad. Your gear has to be top of the line to keep the tanks healed properly. And if Cleric fails, then tank fails. If tank fails, then normally the first thing the mob does is run to the Cleric. BB is pretty costly if you just spam it the whole Rebirth. I'd imagine repairs would be costly if the Cleric doesn't know how to heal properly.

Archer = 6 or 9. 6 because it does cost money per shot they use. Some skills using more than 1 shot at a time. Archers only get hit when tank fails, so not much in repairs. But at the same time I could say an 8 or even 9 on the scale because of barrage. If you're doing any kind of Rebirth or FCC or mass mob area, the barrage is the largest mana drainer in the game. Barrage drains 2x as much mana as BB or Dragon Breath. BB is used by Cleric and Dragon Breath is used by Wizard which are both magic based classes so they have that mana regen and mana boost. Someone QQed about mana costs so here are the exact stats on maxed skills: Dragon Breath = 350 mana every 3 seconds(~116 MPS) BB = 500 mana every 5 seconds(100 MPS) Barrage = 655 mana every 3 seconds(~218 MPS)Barrage drains more MPS(Mana Per Second) than Dragon Breath and BB put together.

Assassin = 2. Assassins don't do much tanking or major mana costs. They can recharge their own HP with bloodpaint and the only time they would have to repair besides weapons is if no other class is there to tank. Very low cost to make. Right now economy is still revolved around TB, so getting high items for your TB would be costly but it'll cool down and legendary items will be back to 350k molds for TB instead of 1mil. So this class gets a 2.
    Say my name 3 times, I dare you.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com