Legion armies @ DWP and Psychics

Options
FruityMelons - Heavens Tear
FruityMelons - Heavens Tear Posts: 74 Arc User
edited February 2010 in General Discussion
Anyone been involved in the legion army that shows up in DWP?

Normally it's a fun event but since the psychics have been involved it's quite impossible to be anything but aggravating.

The mobs that show are great drops for coins. Mostly element essence and diamonds... Makes for a good payday... BUT...

The psychic class is just impossible to compete with.

The extremely quick cast time combined with quick cool-down mixed with the relatively mild respawn rate of the legion army only allows for psych to kill everything there.

The psych's show up and can one hit the mobs, which isn't the problem... the problem is that they can TAB to a mob and fire a skill in a fraction of the time of any other attack method.

Using my veno with flying pet (at 10m/s) I cannot cast or use pet to attack a mob that spawns right beside me before the mob falls dead beside me. It's near instantaneous.

The only hope of killing anything in an area where a psych is...more than 1 showing up at a time you i happen to get the one he didn't target first.. even then he can usually kill both before I get any.

A week or so ago my faction had a squad of 5 people in the legion army and every member was upset and frustrated because of only two psych's that were there. The psych's were literally outkilling 5 people 4 to 1.

Sooo. the point of this post...

Any ideas on how to combat this seemingly unfair advantage...short of creating my own psych just for legion armies?

There's no point to even go to the armies spawn or even wraith armies now that assassins have such an advantage.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by FruityMelons - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

There's no point to even go to the armies spawn or even wraith armies now that assassins have such an advantage.

b:questionb:tired
    I like pie
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    6-12 months ago:

Flashback:

This exact thread, but inserting "venos with nix" in for every time you say psychic. My, how the times have changed...yet some things remain exactly the same.
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    Giodia - Heavens Tear Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I would presume that the psychics have MP charm at least to be killing that fast without down time.

There's no way to fight speed with psychics on charms, it's like rabbits on steroids, unless you are also a range class that can technically one shot the mobs.

But Archer would be firing slower than Psychics. The only way may be genie aoe skills to tag the mobs first. Not sure if earthquake has a cast time though.
  • bmwrabcd1234
    bmwrabcd1234 Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Anyone been involved in the legion army that shows up in DWP?

Normally it's a fun event but since the psychics have been involved it's quite impossible to be anything but aggravating.

The mobs that show are great drops for coins. Mostly element essence and diamonds... Makes for a good payday... BUT...

The psychic class is just impossible to compete with.

The extremely quick cast time combined with quick cool-down mixed with the relatively mild respawn rate of the legion army only allows for psych to kill everything there.

The psych's show up and can one hit the mobs, which isn't the problem... the problem is that they can TAB to a mob and fire a skill in a fraction of the time of any other attack method.

Using my veno with flying pet (at 10m/s) I cannot cast or use pet to attack a mob that spawns right beside me before the mob falls dead beside me. It's near instantaneous.

The only hope of killing anything in an area where a psych is...more than 1 showing up at a time you i happen to get the one he didn't target first.. even then he can usually kill both before I get any.

A week or so ago my faction had a squad of 5 people in the legion army and every member was upset and frustrated because of only two psych's that were there. The psych's were literally outkilling 5 people 4 to 1.

Sooo. the point of this post...

Any ideas on how to combat this seemingly unfair advantage...short of creating my own psych just for legion armies?

First you say psychic has advantage then you say assassin has advantage. Make up your mind.

some facts for you

psy
    2 sec chan+cast 3 second cool

mage
    2-2.3 sec chan+cast 3 second cool

veno
    2.5 sec chan+cast 1 second cool

cleric
    2-2.5 sec chan+cast 1 second cool

If 2 people are outkilling 5 of you at the rate of 4-1 you seriously suck. Slit wrists and quit.
  • FruityMelons - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    Options
    First you say psychic has advantage then you say assassin has advantage. Make up your mind.

some facts for you

psy
    2 sec chan+cast 3 second cool

mage
    2-2.3 sec chan+cast 3 second cool

veno
    2.5 sec chan+cast 1 second cool

cleric
    2-2.5 sec chan+cast 1 second cool

If 2 people are outkilling 5 of you at the rate of 4-1 you seriously suck. Slit wrists and quit.

Firstly, replace assassin with psychic. A typo.

Secondly, go re-read the post.

Your "stats" show the psychic being faster... cooldown has no effect... Mobs don't spawn that fast. After the initial spawn, they respawn about every 15 seconds... the frequency and the amount of mobs allows the psychic to cast and kill as soon as they pop up. as long as he tabs and fires, he's going to cast before anyone else and hit before anyone else.

So, read my friend before you post stats that prove against you.

Try going to one and you'll see what I mean. Mobs show up at slow enough intervals giving plenty of time for any class to cooldown a spell, it isn't the rate between kills so much as it is the rate at which they cast.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bmwrabcd1234
    bmwrabcd1234 Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Firstly, replace assassin with psychic. A typo.

Secondly, go re-read the post.

Your "stats" show the psychic being faster... cooldown has no effect... Mobs don't spawn that fast. After the initial spawn, they respawn about every 15 seconds... the frequency and the amount of mobs allows the psychic to cast and kill as soon as they pop up. as long as he tabs and fires, he's going to cast before anyone else and hit before anyone else.

Try going to one and you'll see what I mean. Mobs show up at slow enough intervals giving plenty of time for any class to cooldown a spell, it isn't the rate between kills so much as it is the rate at which they cast.

if you want to go strictly by that saying cooldown is irrelevant then mage and cleric have skills with the exact same speed as psychics.

nice try though.
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Being a jerk doesn't change the fact that it is what it is... If you haven't been there, shut up. You offer nothing constructive. The bottom line is that psychics outcast, outhit, out-whatever every other class on the legion armies. Bottom line. Try and debunk if you will, but you are still wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Marista - Lost City
    Marista - Lost City Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    If they're ruining your fun so much, just PK them when they show up--ohwait. >.>;

More seriously, I suppose I have trouble believing anyone could dominate that badly. Shouldn't you be complaining just as much about archers? Pretty sure they could get two non-skills off in the same amount of time and kill it. and they have a longer range. You could also use tab yourself and venomous--you can cast pretty damn fast yourself with a little stacked channel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So, I heard HA veno is the way to go? :3
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Have a few Archers BoA the BM, then a cleric healing the BM, then have BM run around.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Just try it yourself folks. It's seriously that bad. It's the frequency at which the mobs spawn combined with how fast the psychics can attack. When they are in range of your mobs it's near impossible to outkill them. You just got to see it to believe it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    it's like rabbits on steroids

I LOL'd at this, it reminded me of that scene in Monty Python, and the Holy Grail where the Rabbit is at the entrance of the cave and kicks all their butts.

~S
  • XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear
    XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,569 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I LOL'd at this, it reminded me of that scene in Monty Python, and the Holy Grail where the Rabbit is at the entrance of the cave and kicks all their butts.

~S

:O So thats where I remember that from xD that part was so epicb:laugh
    Thanks for the siggy Dorset
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

-Currently residing in the real world-
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Being a jerk doesn't change the fact that it is what it is... If you haven't been there, shut up. You offer nothing constructive. The bottom line is that psychics outcast, outhit, out-whatever every other class on the legion armies. Bottom line. Try and debunk if you will, but you are still wrong.

I don't see where he was being a jerk, He was countering your arguments with actual data. He was in error about Venomancers though. Veno cooldown is actually faster than his psychic stats with a bit of gear.

Venomous Scarab @ lvl10 with a total of -9% in channeling gear:

Channel 1.5
    Cast 1.0
    Cool down 1.0

And I haven't bothered to look for or try to get other -% channeling gear that is available for my level because I have been to lazy. If I bothered about it and worked a bit harder at finding some, my channeling percentage would be even greater and I would likely be:

channel 1.0
    cast 1.0
    cool down 1.0

Or faster....

No offense but to be honest, I think the problem is, your just slow at reacting. I can slaughter mobs extremely fast if I am constantly tapping tab (and not looking around trying to see if a mob spawned).

~Saitada
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Statistics prove nothing; seeing is believing. End of thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    One skill for me: Gush.

With that (And the combination of running on max performance) I've found that psychics can't keep up with me during Legion attacks.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Statistics prove nothing; seeing is believing. End of thread.

Fine, seeing is believing, I see that I can easily out target, out cast and out damage psychics. Done it. Repeatedly. Next fail argument? Ok good. Now crawl back under your rock.

~S

*edit* Just because you fail at being able to keep up, doesn't mean others do. I do fine. Others here have stated they do fine. Seems to me the only one that can't hang is you. Maybe you should just quit playing then huh?

*edit x2* btw, 'Statistics prove nothing'?

That's funny considering you accepted statistics someone else posted to back up your claim, now suddenly when used accurately against you. They mean nothing. Sorry cupcake, but you can't have it both ways.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    That's odd. Psychics and 'sins show up at DWP and I still ks them with cyclone. *shrugs*

Neither are really a threat to a cleric.
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    Options
    That's odd. Psychics and 'sins show up at DWP and I still ks them with cyclone. *shrugs*

Neither are really a threat to a cleric.
    Channel 1.0 seconds
    Cast 1.0 seconds
    Cooldown 3.0 seconds
    Weapon Unarmed, Magic Instruments

Channel 1.0 seconds
    Cast 1.0 seconds
    Cooldown 3.0 seconds
    Weapon Unarmed, Magic Instruments

"Psychic wrote:
    Channel 0.5 seconds
    Cast 1.5 seconds
    Cooldown 3.0 seconds
    Weapon Soulsphere
    Psychics aren't the only class with fast casting skills b:shocked
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Sure sure... Because you are all there... at the extreme rare occurance of the legion army. Now you're just full of it.

Bottom line is I've been there... no less than 5 times in 2 weeks and I've seen it... My faction has been there... they've seen it... but I guess you super elites are just the high and mighty...

Get over yourselves. I've speaking experience and you're speaking numbers.

COMPLETELY DONE on this thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Sure sure... Because you are all there... at the extreme rare occurance of the legion army. Now you're just full of it.

Bottom line is I've been there... no less than 5 times in 2 weeks and I've seen it... My faction has been there... they've seen it... but I guess you super elites are just the high and mighty...

Or maybe you can't read. I've always gone to those Legion events, I almost always see Psychics there, and I've NEVER had any trouble taking mobs from them.

If anything, I have more problems with clerics and archers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    Options

As iterated, sins and psy's dont even pose a threat to me any more than an archer. In fact the real biggest threat to ksing me are wizards doing db by the sheer cooldown period before the next hit ticking before I can hit a mob, not tb's. I'm more than willing to give tb's credit for the balance issues they create, it's just clear you suck at legions, that's all, and you conveniently wanna blame others for your own ineptitude.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options

What part of, been there, done that don't you get? I've been to MANY legion attacks. Guess what cupcake? I'm down at DWP a LOT due to my grinding in that area (*gasp* what a frickin concept). So yeah.. Been there, Done that. Out targeted, out cast, and out damaged psychics there.

Sorry if your such a failure and can't compete there. Sorry if your faction sucks **** just as bad as you. But just because you don't like what we are saying, doesn't mean it isn't true.

So shut your mouth, and crawl back under your rock, take your fail faction members with you, and drink a bottle of bleach. You would be doing the world a favor by removing yourself from the gene pool.

Jesus I get so tired of the morons on this forum. I've seen dark, deep, black caves that were brighter than you.

~Saitada
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

-.-; ok now how does this make any sense? every person has the same amount of chance to go to the Legions as you do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
    edited February 2010
    Options
    -.-; ok now how does this make any sense? every person has the same amount of chance to go to the Legions as you do.
    They got embarrassed because they looked rather silly, so the next step is ad hominem to make up for the horrendous argument they just attempted.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    They got embarrassed because they looked rather silly, so the next step is to insult people.

That is my job, and they can't even remotely compete with me on it. Just like they obviously can't compete in Legion raids at DWP Because the fail in this one.. is deeper, and has more pull than the gravity well of the largest super-massive black hole in the universe.

Also, I doubt their IQ is much greater than their real life age.

~S
    edited February 2010
    Options
    That is my job, and they can't even remotely compete with me on it. Just like they obviously can't compete in Legion raids at DWP Because the fail in this one.. is deeper, and has more pull than the gravity well of the largest super-massive black hole in the universe.

Also, I doubt their IQ is much greater than their real life age.

~S
    Damn you and your quick replies!

(too drunk and heavily editing)
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Have a few Archers BoA the BM, then a cleric healing the BM, then have BM run around.

Does this work? Please tell me this works. This sounds suspiciously like a tactic my table-top rpg group tried to do once.

To the opening poster: please tell me of the next Legion event, at either DW or 1k. I would be more than willing to test if archers can keep up with Psychics.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Does this work? Please tell me this works. This sounds suspiciously like a tactic my table-top rpg group tried to do once.

To the opening poster: please tell me of the next Legion event, at either DW or 1k. I would be more than willing to test if archers can keep up with Psychics.

its exactly like zhenning yes it works.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Shealu - Heavens Tear
    Shealu - Heavens Tear Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I say pay back to the veno with nix b:chuckle b:cool
  • Ephemerai - Sanctuary
    Ephemerai - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Melees have it worse T_T
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]