Wizard Buff

Mercies - Harshlands
Mercies - Harshlands Posts: 15 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Wizard
It seems that all the three shield buff: hp, mp and phys def is very important. Since I am new to the wizard class which do I max first?
Is this a matter of personal choice?
Post edited by Mercies - Harshlands on

Comments

• Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    It seems that all the three shield buff: hp, mp and phys def is very important. Since I am new to the wizard class which do I max first?
    Is this a matter of personal choice?

First Earth shield.(p.def increase)
    Second Water shield (mana regen.)
    Third Fire shield( much later)
    Almost all mobs at beginning are physical attack.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mercies - Harshlands
    Mercies - Harshlands Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    First Earth shield.(p.def increase)
    Second Water shield (mana regen.)
    Third Fire shield( much later)
    Almost all mobs at beginning are physical attack.
    O Thank you mighty' one
    I must follow your legendary footstep
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    O Thank you mighty' one
    I must follow your legendary footstep

b:laugh
    Wait for another advices maybe they will be different.b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AngelicArrow - Harshlands
    AngelicArrow - Harshlands Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    IMO water shield or earth barrier. Personally i when i grind or quest i have water shield up for mp regen, and make it go up really fast when you meditate. I generally only have earth shield up for pking, or if a boss has a dangerous aoe.
    Ultimately i would say if you are good at kiting and dont get hit by mobs anyway get water shield first. If you want to pk at level 30 ofc have earth shield maxed as far as it can be
  • Thrasymachus - Sanctuary
    Thrasymachus - Sanctuary Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    IMO water shield or earth barrier. Personally i when i grind or quest i have water shield up for mp regen, and make it go up really fast when you meditate. I generally only have earth shield up for pking, or if a boss has a dangerous aoe.
    Ultimately i would say if you are good at kiting and dont get hit by mobs anyway get water shield first. If you want to pk at level 30 ofc have earth shield maxed as far as it can be
    ^^This.

MP is a wizard's lifeblood, you run out of that, you can't use any of your skills, and skills are all a wizard has. Therefore, water shield is the buff you'll use the most when grinding/questing. Granted, the +10 mp/sec when maxed doesn't completely compensate for your mp usage, but it helps a lot.

When wearing arcane robes, Stone barrier's + pdef is very helpful when you are in a situation where you are going to be hit with physical damage. So, archer mobs and pk. You shouldn't use it fighting melee mobs because you shouldn't let melee mobs hit you. Its only other use is when you're tanking earth damage.

That fire shield is basically ****. +10 hp/sec when maxed is almost unnoticeable, even with our low hp, and Morning Dew is very good at healing a big chunk of hp, and when combined with sutra, can do it in a hurry. Any hits you take are gonna take so much HP that you'll want to be at full hp between mobs. I only ever used it when I needed to regen hp, didn't want to use a hp pot (or didn't have any), and didn't have Morning Dew yet. After Morning Dew, the only use for the fire shield is to tank fire magic bosses.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Me also using the shield for mp. b:chuckle
    Because what you aim is killing fast before the mob able to attack you or kill you.
    Better to avoid getting damaged, and you can recover with morning dew b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • _Inferno - Sanctuary
    _Inferno - Sanctuary Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    For me, I maxed Glacial Embrace first, cos I'm arcane and I rarely get hit by mobs anyway. But I'm on a PVE server, so you might wanna max Earth Barrier before Glacial.
    Characters:
    _Inferno 101 Arcane Sage Crit Wizard b:cool
    magnumcroft 8x Fist/Axe Blademaster b:laugh

youtube.com/magnumcroft
    ^Sanctuary's TW vids yo!
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    It's a bit of a mix up between water shield and earth shield, depending on how good you are at not letting a mob hit you.

If you feel you are to squashy and need the defence, use earth shield. If you don't get hit anyway, it's better to use water shield to stretch your mp abit.

Fire shield's hp regen is useless, you're off cheaper if you heal with morning dew and regen the mp than with water shield. Only lvl fire shield once you need it (which is waay later, when you'll actually be heavely fighting fire mobs which can hurt you)
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I wasn't that good at kiting at first, so I ended up maxing Stone Barrier first. Like stated before, the Water and Earth Shields seems to be priority; Fire is pretty much there JUST in case you're facing a mob with a fire attack.

Personally, I'd go Earth, then Water, but it's up to you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Pyroshell is only good if you're either grinding on fire magic mobs or fighting certain bosses (Drake, first one in 69, last three in 79, second in 89 Eden, third in 99 hell, some HH bosses, etc)
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Pyroshell is only good if you're either grinding on fire magic mobs or fighting certain bosses (Drake, first one in 69, last three in 79, second in 89 Eden, third in 99 hell, some HH bosses, etc)

Pyro hits me for like 500 dmg with pyroshel up.
    Yea, we were just me, cleric, herc veno. Herc was to tank him, but veno went AFK at drake, and for a long time. After a while we decided to just try without herc tank. Veno came back from AFK about 1 min after he diedb:victory
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Apocalyptart - Lost City
    Apocalyptart - Lost City Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Honestly i think that wizard buffs are the cheapest in the server lol but the best skills is Stone Barrier <3
  • Paimage - Harshlands
    Paimage - Harshlands Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I couldnt bother reading through what every1 said but you should max stone barrier first, water barrier then fire barrier.
  • /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I always tried to keep both Glacial Embrace and Stone Barrier maxed to level, leaving Pyroshell at level 1 for a long time.
    Packs World International