When can I tame pets?

bethstump
bethstump Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
I'm a level 2 (yeah I know but I'm thinking ahead!) deer venomancer, and I was wondering...

When can I tame pets?

How can I tame pets?

and (off topic) is there anything special about all the types of venomancer?
Post edited by bethstump on

Comments

• Lilanella - Heavens Tear
    Lilanella - Heavens Tear Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    You can tame monsters at level 7.
    You do that by using a skill on any monster that has the icon that says its tameable (it looks like a green/yellow face when you click on it). You should get the hp down low before taming it though, it increases the chance of success.
    Also, the type of animal your veno is doesn't affect anything, it's just for looks b:victory.
    Hope I helped b:cute
  • Kalee - Lost City
    Kalee - Lost City Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Well yes all of that was correct but when u say different about any venomancer. Of course each veno is different depending on the stats and build of ur character. U can choose from a wide range of builds for ur veno b:thanks
  • bethstump
    edited February 2010
    Hey thanks!b:victory I've been playing since I posted this and I got to level 6, so that means I learn a spell at 7?

So do all venomancers transform into foxes? Those are the only ones I've seen running around.
  • Alunair - Sanctuary
    Alunair - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    bethstump wrote: »
    Hey thanks!b:victory I've been playing since I posted this and I got to level 6, so that means I learn a spell at 7?

So do all venomancers transform into foxes? Those are the only ones I've seen running around.

Yes they do if you buy the skill.
  • bethstump
    edited February 2010
    Okay I've completed the Sacred Pet quest and traded in the book for my taming skill but its not there. I immediatly went to tame a monster (another wolfling) and I clicked on the little green smiley face but nothing happened.

Do I need to do something else before I can tame monsters?
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    If you've learned the skil, you simple use that skil to tame the pet. Make sure you lower the mob's hp first, to make it easier
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Hit 'r' to bring up your list of skills - now drag 'tame pet' into your hot-bar somewhere.
  • bethstump
    edited February 2010
    Thank you soo much!

One last question, I know you cant get rams or hens or pups but are there any deer and goat monsters I can tame?
  • bethstump
    edited February 2010
    Wait a minute, when I dragged the Tame pet into the menu its not lit up

I have about 323 mana and it only requires 150, why cant I tame?
  • irinachka
    irinachka Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    b:sad i am lvl 12 and i still cannot learn the tame pet skill, it does not appear where all the other skills usually appear when you are able to learn them. b:cry
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    irinachka wrote: »
    b:sad i am lvl 12 and i still cannot learn the tame pet skill, it does not appear where all the other skills usually appear when you are able to learn them. b:cry

Indeed.
    You have to do a specific quest-chain (the sacred beast) and then talk to the PET-MANAGER who teaches PET skills.
    Rather than the vneomancer trainer who teaches your other skills.

As for tame being greyed out... do you not have a magic weapon equipped? None* of your skills work when you're wielding something else.
    Alternately - it has a fairly long cooldown, it could be that.

(*Yeah yeah, ok, some do)