Lost City or Harshlands?

Options
Kupuntu - Sanctuary
Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
edited February 2010 in General Discussion
I think I might join a PvP server, but I don't know which one. I think that Lost City is more active, but it might also be a bit too crowded. Any ideas which would be better for PKing? I think I'll make an archer, since I don't have one yet.
100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
Post edited by Kupuntu - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Shivalia - Lost City
    Shivalia - Lost City Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Lost City is love. b:dirty I've heard that its the most laggy server, but I've personally not tried any other, but I love the drama here. b:chuckle I would never move to another server. Ever. You should come join if nothing else just to read the amusing World Chats. Its like playing a game and watching a sitcom all at once. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wonderful drawing of Shivalia done by the ever talented Shirrii of Heavens Tear. b:heart Much love to you forever!
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Lost City is omg...its horrible. so scary
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    Shivalia - Lost City Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Lost City is omg...its horrible. so scary

How is it scary? b:puzzled All funny to me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wonderful drawing of Shivalia done by the ever talented Shirrii of Heavens Tear. b:heart Much love to you forever!
  • Marista - Lost City
    Marista - Lost City Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I have to agree, I'd never trade LC for another. And I've not heard anything particularly flattering about Harshlands from my time here on the forums. LC has a lot of knowledgeable players and a decent amount of decent PvP. As an older server, it has more people as well, though I'd hardly call it crowded unless you go to west arch....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So, I heard HA veno is the way to go? :3
  • Paimage - Harshlands
    Paimage - Harshlands Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    LC is more active then HL but since its an older server it will b harder for u to have alot of fun in pvp cuz since its an older server lvl100 is where you can start thinking in getting competitive in pvp. If I was u I would pick HL cuz we have far(and I mean FAR) less cash shoppers and lvl100s then LC has which means will b easier for u to compete with other players in both TW and world pvp at shorter period of time and HL is also a server growing at a very fast rate. Even though LC is really fun its a hard server to start from the scratch if u arent a heavy cash shopper or a complete non-life farmer .
  • Dustins_ALT - Harshlands
    Dustins_ALT - Harshlands Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Harshlands: A server were most people are cash shoppers and the population isn't all that great.

Lost city: A good server

Join the good server, ijs.
    pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=d5665672759051ef

^ my barbs built, full buff in tiger.b:bye

I'm not going to troll anymore T_T
  • Marista - Lost City
    Marista - Lost City Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I beg to differ. Lv 100? Pfft. I started at 8x and did pretty decently, and I can hold my own quite decently at 90 at the moment. Certainly, there are people who can overpower me (Lv 99 HA event geared nix venos are a pain to fight. @.@), but you certainly don't need to be Lv 100 to have enjoyable PvP on LC, or even to compete. I can put up a pretty decent fight against the aforementioned, and I don't even have my event cape or lunar wep/rings yet. Just TT90 gold and a +5 frost wep. *shrug*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So, I heard HA veno is the way to go? :3
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    LC is more active then HL but since its an older server it will b harder for u to have alot of fun in pvp cuz since its an older server lvl100 is where you can start thinking in getting competitive in pvp. If I was u I would pick HL cuz we have far(and I mean FAR) less cash shoppers and lvl100s then LC has which means will b easier for u to compete with other players in both TW and world pvp at shorter period of time and HL is also a server growing at a very fast rate. Even though LC is really fun its a hard server to start from the scratch if u arent a heavy cash shopper or a complete non-life farmer .

I raised an archer to 79 oh HL. It was a bunch of lowbies and a bunch of uber-rich cash shoppers... no real in-between. Unless things have changed, HL is much better suited to the cash shopper than LC is. HL is also kinda barren and empty. Kinda sad cause I did drop a little $$$ into my char, and just couldn't compete.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Come to Lost City lah. Just don't get into Spectroll's KOS cause you may get Ehee'd
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Lost City was the first server I picked and I'm not complaining. b:chuckle

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Paimage - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I raised an archer to 79 oh HL. It was a bunch of lowbies and a bunch of uber-rich cash shoppers... no real in-between. Unless things have changed, HL is much better suited to the cash shopper than LC is. HL is also kinda barren and empty. Kinda sad cause I did drop a little $$$ into my char, and just couldn't compete.

in no way HL is better suited to the cash shopper then LC, u absolutely have no idea of what u r talking cuz since I play in HL and pvp in HL Im aware that u dont need cash shopped gear and lvl100 to make an impact in pvp battles and TW unlike LC. Hell, everytime I log in on LC I see a player I never seen before with +10 gear and +10 gear in HL is considered heavy cash shopper and I know that in LC it isnt; Now tell me how HL is better suited for cash shoppers? Yes, things hav changed.
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Lc does have people who pimp out there gear to +7 or +8 or higher. I don't know if people have gone this far with Orb's on harshlands, someone confirm or deny!

• RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    RADD_RATT - Harshlands Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I think I might join a PvP server, but I don't know which one. I think that Lost City is more active, but it might also be a bit too crowded. Any ideas which would be better for PKing? I think I'll make an archer, since I don't have one yet.

omg please dont make the mistake of starting an archer. they pwn everything untill they hit 80. then everyone but you has a shield. PvP as an archer takes lots of money charms and pots. more so then other classes. and all the archers are biching about sins destroying them right now. and honestly...the archer is probly the easiest thing for me to kill :)

oh **** i missed the whole topic....umm, im happy on HL :) but its also the only server ive ever played. the PvP is pretty good with a bunch of cocky people but i bet its that way on LC too. id say compare the main factions. we have 3 factions in power over here. Kingdom, Kylin, and Zulu. and its startin to look like kingdom will fall soon.so its much better then a server with one faction having a monopoly.(which kingdom was very close do doing) so come join the fun
  • reedyzea
    reedyzea Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Lc does have people who pimp out there gear to +7 or +8 or higher. I don't know if people have gone this far with Orb's on harshlands, someone confirm or deny!

Well yesterday I saw a 9x EA with +10 Broadland and Primevil +1% crit so...

On topic: I'm under the impression that LC is a lot more fun, it will be hard to compete with the high levels but when you get there it'd be fun.

HL, well it's got a lot of noobs, so meh...
  • YukiChana - Harshlands
    YukiChana - Harshlands Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Decide on your own :/ If this still continues people will fight b:shedtear
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Strawberry_
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    Options

thats it? in HL theres people running around with rank 8 gear and +10weapons. i know quite a few people with +5 or 6 on every equip they own
  • Paimage - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    Options
    thats it? in HL theres people running around with rank 8 gear and +10weapons. i know quite a few people with +5 or 6 on every equip they own

Dont reply to him, you are wasting your time and brain cells by doing so.
    edited February 2010
    Options

Lot's of people have +10 weapons on lost city and more rank 8 people there.

^Nuff said^
    I amz stupidz but make a guud point am-i-rite

• Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I think I'll go with LC. Not sure yet, we will see later on. However, I have not yet decided my class. I first thought about archer, but since I didn't get too good comments on endgame, I'm not sure. Then I thought about veno, but without nix I won't be able to shine later on. When you think it is "necessary" to be able to PK nicely? I won't be a mage, physic or cleric since I don't like full caster classes. I know BM's quite nicely, but not sure since I already have one. A sin might be cool too, but not too sure either. I wanna know how all classes do in PK at 30-60, and then after that.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    Options

ummm... do i know you?
  • Paimage - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I think I'll go with LC. Not sure yet, we will see later on. However, I have not yet decided my class. I first thought about archer, but since I didn't get too good comments on endgame, I'm not sure. Then I thought about veno, but without nix I won't be able to shine later on. When you think it is "necessary" to be able to PK nicely? I won't be a mage, physic or cleric since I don't like full caster classes. I know BM's quite nicely, but not sure since I already have one. A sin might be cool too, but not too sure either. I wanna know how all classes do in PK at 30-60, and then after that.

If u like melee pvp choose assassins cuz they seem really fun and good for pvp, if u like long range pvp choose either wizard or psychics. If u want a class that balances out in both pvp and pve and is melee I say roll with a BM and if u want a class like that which is long range I say choose eeither venomancer or archer. If you dont enjoy pvp that much but like taking alot of dmg and still survive I say choose barb, if u like healing and keeping every1 including yourself alive in both pve and pvp I say choose clerics.
    ummm... do i know you?

No, I dont know you and you dont know me. I was simply giving u a good advice is up to u if will take that advice or not.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    in no way HL is better suited to the cash shopper then LC, u absolutely have no idea of what u r talking cuz since I play in HL and pvp in HL Im aware that u dont need cash shopped gear and lvl100 to make an impact in pvp battles and TW unlike LC. Hell, everytime I log in on LC I see a player I never seen before with +10 gear and +10 gear in HL is considered heavy cash shopper and I know that in LC it isnt; Now tell me how HL is better suited for cash shoppers? Yes, things hav changed.

Gold prices on HL have always been higher on HL. Higher Gold prices = more friendly to cash shop. When I was on HL up until the first Annipack event, almost everyone I knew cash shopped. Most of the people on LC I know don't cash shop.

It's true that there are a lot more high levels on LC, but it's also a much older server. A lot of the people you'd see have made that money in-game. I haven't played HL much since Dec, and maybe there weren't as many people cash shopping, but a larger percentage of people there cash shopped, which is one of the reasons why HL never really gained much of a population. Then again, things may have changed since last November-ish. But up to the point of Annipacks, there were far more people in the higher ranks spending $$$$ than on LC.

Also, PWI's first 8jun is a WR on HL. b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Death - Harshlands
    Death - Harshlands Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    in no way HL is better suited to the cash shopper then LC, u absolutely have no idea of what u r talking

Yeah, I have no idea what I'm talking about... My main is 101 on LC, and this is my archer... I rolled HL on day one. It was always more friendly to the cash shopper than to people who didn't pay RL money.
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    Options

No, I dont know you and you dont know me. I was simply giving u a good advice is up to u if will take that advice or not.

OOOOOH! my bad. i thought you were telling everyone not to respond to me. misunderstanding