Pk in cube lobby?

Options
_____ - Raging Tide
_____ - Raging Tide Posts: 28 Arc User
edited February 2010 in General Discussion
Is it illegal to pk in the corner of the lobby in the cube? Because someone did it to me, and i was just wondering... I was blue named and he was also blue named when he killed me, so i was just confused a little.

Thanks in advance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by _____ - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Is it illegal to pk in the corner of the lobby in the cube? Because someone did it to me, and i was just wondering... I was blue named and he was also blue named when he killed me, so i was just confused a little.

Thanks in advance

It isn't aloud, so best thing to do is just send a ticket with a SS and let the GMs sort it. Also, what is your name about lol.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Yes. PK'ing in that corner of the room is bannable, since that room shouldn't be PK Enabled at all (I believe it was a bug that came out the same time genies were introduced). SS the attacker and send a ticket in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • _____ - Raging Tide
    _____ - Raging Tide Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Awww... I didn't SS it, but his name was (edited out) . He was a barb >_<

Lol and i was too lazy to make up a name, so i just used underscores
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Awww... I didn't SS it, but his name was edit . He was a barb >_<

Lol and i was too lazy to make up a name, so i just used underscores

Without a SS i don't think they will be able to do anything because it will just be your word against his unfortunately.

Lol, fair enough good enough reason as any b:chuckle.

Also edit out his name as your not aloud to name and shame players on the forum.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • Tapion_ - Dreamweaver
    Tapion_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Nice name, there's a faction on my server named ----

And yes it's illegal to pk in cube, same with SP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Nice name, there's a faction on my server named ----

And yes it's illegal to pk in cube, same with SP

Not really the same thing at all. They're both bannable offenses, but for ENTIRELY different reasons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Alexenokin - Lost City
    Alexenokin - Lost City Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i should clarify this for ya'll

its legit to PK in that corner, so long as both parties are in agreement that they desire to

its NOT ok to interfere with people who just want to pass thru

which basically means, go ahead and PK there with your friends, just dont use AoE skills and dont hit anyone who isnt tryin to pk

(at least that's my understanding, since i held a faction PK event in that corner, and it lasted several hours, and nothing was said about it)
    I have officially "won the game"... Actually, I decided it was time to leave.
    Joined sometime in March of 2009 - right after Dreamweaver opening.
    Retired on March 16, 2010... 1 year later...
  • Tapion_ - Dreamweaver
    Tapion_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I know know reasons for being banned for pking ANYWHERE. I'm just saying you can get in trouble for pking in both locations.

_____(weird name) you should be quicker with screenies
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

its legit to PK in that corner, so long as both parties are in agreement that they desire to

which basically means, go ahead and PK there with your friends, just dont use AoE skills and dont hit anyone who isnt tryin to pk

(at least that's my understanding, since i held a faction PK event in that corner, and it lasted several hours, and nothing was said about it)

^This, also if someone attacks you first in that corner, you can attack them back without getting in trouble, although to defend yourself it would be wise to ss a damage log to show him making the first hit.

Also, PKing in SP on Dreamweaver is bannable?
  • Alexenokin - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ^This, also if someone attacks you first in that corner, you can attack them back without getting in trouble, although to defend yourself it would be wise to ss a damage log to show him making the first hit.

^ sage advice
    Also, PKing in SP on Dreamweaver is bannable?

no, PK in SP is only bannable on PvP servers, due to the fact that on PvE server you CHOOSE to go into PK, while on PvP server, PK-enabled mode is FORCED upon you

in other words... on PvE server, you chose to enable PK mode, so tough luck if you get PK'd... instead of crying about it, turn PK mode off
  • skyxiii
    skyxiii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    You can't drop items when getting pked in the cube, right?
  • Alexenokin - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    skyxiii wrote: »
    You can't drop items when getting pked in the cube, right?

as far as i'm aware, PK in the cube lobby is free from consequence. during the entire event i held, we had bluename, whitename, pinkname, and redname players there from my faction (and a few randoms who joined in just cause it was FUN AS HELL)... nobody dropped items, nobody was able to increase their "redname hours", nobody lost exp, and nobody suffered item shattering

so yea, pretty much free PK, like in the Arena, but restricted to a very tiny area
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    They made it on purpose because dev's don't want to make Arena open anymore. They are too lazy to do it. But don't tell anyone I said it b:avoid
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary
    Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    On a PVE Server when you are not in PK Mode (i.e., blue name) it is illegal to attack someone just as they land in the Cube Lobby. As others have noted, you should take a screenshot and submit a ticket. I've done this several times and have gotten positive responses from the staff of them dealing with offenders, so they will do something about it if you provide irrefutable evidence.
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    no, PK in SP is only bannable on PvP servers,

I know of at least one player who was banned for PKing in SP on a PvE server. Could have just been a GM brainfart tho.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I know of at least one player who was banned for PKing in SP on a PvE server. Could have just been a GM brainfart tho.

GMs have the right to make judgment calls on individual situations. Maybe it was someone who had past history of camping lowbies, previous bans for similar offenses, or there was something special about the situation. It really just depends on what GM you get reading your ticket.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    GMs have the right to make judgment calls on individual situations. Maybe it was someone who had past history of camping lowbies, previous bans for similar offenses, or there was something special about the situation. It really just depends on what GM you get reading your ticket.

Oh I agree with you - and iirc it was someone with a long history of issues when he was on a PvP server.

Doesn't change the fact that on a PvE server you have to choose to be in PK mode, so he couldn't really have been interrupting anyone's questing. So either it was a very odd judgement call, or he was less than honest about why he was banned :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Oh I agree with you - and iirc it was someone with a long history of issues when he was on a PvP server.

Doesn't change the fact that on a PvE server you have to choose to be in PK mode, so he couldn't really have been interrupting anyone's questing. So either it was a very odd judgement call, or he was less than honest about why he was banned :p

Could have been either, I'm neither the person banned nor the GM who banned him so I can't say. b:chuckle

I always wonder about previous offenses though...if you got a 3 day ban for something silly, would you still be judged more harshly if a ticket is submitted months and months later? Are the offenses ever wiped? b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    lol but there are entire rooms in cube where you can kill people

anyways i've seen people fight at the corner, i wonder if they get in trouble if an AOE kills a player teleporting in. no real consequences with dying in cube tho, just a charm tick perhaps.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Zhou_Yu - Heavens Tear
    Zhou_Yu - Heavens Tear Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    as far as i'm aware, PK in the cube lobby is free from consequence. during the entire event i held, we had bluename, whitename, pinkname, and redname players there from my faction (and a few randoms who joined in just cause it was FUN AS HELL)... nobody dropped items, nobody was able to increase their "redname hours", nobody lost exp, and nobody suffered item shattering

so yea, pretty much free PK, like in the Arena, but restricted to a very tiny area

Any PK in the lobby of the CoF is bannable. You didn't get in trouble because, simply, no one reported you. You and your guild did do the smart thing by making sure no one aoe'd thereby avoiding hitting anyone that might report you for it.

As long as everyone involved is in agreement as to the rules of your "event", there really shouldn't be any problems. But I'm sure you know, there is always one moron who would likely jump in, start doing what they do best (act stupid) and ruin it for everyone involved.

Here's hoping they get the arena up and going full steam soon b:victory
  • skyxiii
    skyxiii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Alright, but I'm still curious - why would people complain about being killed in that corner?
    Barring hiero ticks, there are no consequences to being pked here.

Lol, a funny way to look at it is that if you're using the cube to get to Archosaur and someone 1 shots you in the corner...it gets you there faster by putting you at the center of the room ~ closer to the teleporter O.o

So I'm just wondering OP, why are you concerned about getting PKed in that corner?
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Same thing happened to me earlier.
    Use the pup to go to Archosaur, suddenly, a barb attacked me, and I quickly Hpathed away.
    I had 200 health after he hit me twice, and he said, "Sorry, I was typing."
    -.-
  • Alexenokin - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Any PK in the lobby of the CoF is bannable. You didn't get in trouble because, simply, no one reported you. You and your guild did do the smart thing by making sure no one aoe'd thereby avoiding hitting anyone that might report you for it.

As long as everyone involved is in agreement as to the rules of your "event", there really shouldn't be any problems. But I'm sure you know, there is always one moron who would likely jump in, start doing what they do best (act stupid) and ruin it for everyone involved.

Here's hoping they get the arena up and going full steam soon b:victory

it may be bannable, but it goes on so much that it might as well be legit unless you pk'ing those who dont want to be pk'd

and agreed, i wish they'd open up the arena... this is the only version/server of this game that doesnt have it open afaik... course, they never will open it, they'd lose money on GA/GS and charms
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    "its legit to PK in that corner, so long as both parties are in agreement that they desire to"

...yeah, and how many dimwits are gonna stop and ask first??! they just shoot to grief people coming through the shortcut, and dont do anything but laugh and foulmouth anyone who disagrees with being PKed.

really now, who came up with this interpretation of the No PK rule?
    b:lipcurl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    "its legit to PK in that corner, so long as both parties are in agreement that they desire to"
    k pls I giev u pk?
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • hallsvaporaction
    hallsvaporaction Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    skyxiii wrote: »
    Alright, but I'm still curious - why would people complain about being killed in that corner?
    Barring hiero ticks, there are no consequences to being pked here.

Lol, a funny way to look at it is that if you're using the cube to get to Archosaur and someone 1 shots you in the corner...it gets you there faster by putting you at the center of the room ~ closer to the teleporter O.o

So I'm just wondering OP, why are you concerned about getting PKed in that corner?

Probably because they are blue-named and don't want to be pked? Charm ticks or meditation time/potting, and tiny repair bill aside, some folks don't like killing other players or be killed by other players. That's why they chose to be on a PvE server and only go to supposedly PK-free areas to begin with. A better question is why would you want to grief and kill blue-named players who don't want to have anything to do with PK? Does the chance to force your will and become a consequence-free bully entice you? Why are you trying to convince the OP that being bullied is actually helpful to her?
  • Seamuss - Heavens Tear
    Seamuss - Heavens Tear Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    It never really bothered me when I got pk'ed when I tele'd into lobby(on my archer)

I did however view the person with a bit of distain, as it is a cowardly way to feel superior.

There are many ways to test ones metal against others even on a carebear server.

Each player finds his little bit o' entertainment in various ways I guess.

No big deal
    Internet connection -$50.00 a month

Free MMO -Free

Building self esteem through fantasy roleplaying-Priceless
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    It would be cool to hold a PK event there BUT imagine that you see two guys fighting there. What would you do? Of course you kill them because the first thing you think is that the other guy is harassing the other one. And there goes your "event".
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.