Options
1235»

Comments

• YukiChana - Harshlands
    YukiChana - Harshlands Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Clerics
    People Yell At Me Because They Died and Its not my fault :( Thats the hardest call for me b:worried
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Strawberry_
  • Shazaaam - Lost City
    Shazaaam - Lost City Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    excuse me @Glodia what lv is ur wizard? please go n play again u know nothing about our class on pve.b:bye
  • Lessein - Sanctuary
    Lessein - Sanctuary Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Ok i have decent a decent level wizard, cleric & sin.
    not high levels, but decent.

cleric: sorry to you 43 who said cleric but youre just wrong, cleric is easy. If you are in a squad spam IH the tank, maybe a purify if necessary, and in some rare cases just whack on bb and watch.
    If youre solo, spam IH yourself and attack, maybe on some mobs you have to use hit&run but after level 60 that's rare and the spam IH works fine.
    So i dont understand what could possibly be difficult, just spam IH whatever happens.

Wizard: Mine is pure mag, honestly it isnt as hard as people make out. Obviously get some vit/ pdef modifiers, try to keep your shields high and youre set. Not saying pure mag wiz is easy, I'd probably rank it second for difficulty. But the fact of the matter is that a moderately intelligent person will be able to make a combo for 98% of mobs that will kill them before they reach you. And in a squad youre a dd, so there isnt much to worry about other than not stealing aggro, which fair enough requires you to learn, but all-in-all that isnt too bad.
    So pure wizard, very squishy, but unless youre up against a ranged mob you'll probably never get hit, and if its a ranged mag mob well your mag def is so high that it isnt a huge problem if they hit you once.

Assassin: Close ranged, light armour, meelee. This should sum it up, you have to attack as if you were a blademaster but with less than half the physical defense, admittedly the higher mag def is nice, but there arent loads of 100% mag mobs, most mobs are mag ranged and phys close up. And since you have to use daggars (bow is questionable) your phys def is really what counts. High evasion is nice, and definitely makes it nicer when attacking to be able to presume that a mob will miss a couple of times. But you cant depend on evasion in the same way you depend on defense, your defense will protect you 100% of the time, but there is only a chance that you will evade an attack.
    Shadow escape does make it easier when youre in a sticky situation, but honestly your HP & def is so low that generally if youre going to die, shadow escape is too slow. But it does make it easier that is for sure! Deaden nerves also makes the sin easier but again this is nothing in comparison to the wizard or the clerics heal! Bloodpaint is helpful, but until higher levels doesn't make much of a difference however it is nice against aoe bosses.
    Also most sins will use the dex build which is 4 dex 1 str, which results in just as low hp as a pure mag wiz/ cler.

Thus: clerics just spam heal, clever wizards nuke 98% of all mobs before getting hit, sins can't avoid getting hit; dont have as strong attacks; have lower defense than barbs & bm's; dont have the ability to heal; have as little hp as a pure mag wiz;

So assassins!
  • Loner - Harshlands
    Loner - Harshlands Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Can't really say about the new classes, but I know mage is really really hard, especially at lower lvls. Almost like clerics, but clerics at least have a load of bad **** buffs and heals.
  • Scorched_Sky - Sanctuary
    Scorched_Sky - Sanctuary Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I unno...maybe it's cuz I'm used to it and know how to play my wiz, but to me, bm's are the hardest...
    I can't seem to survive at all as a bm against regular mobs b:chuckle...never died that many times with wiz.
    Haven't tried the new classes, so I can't vote on them.
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Ok i have decent a decent level wizard, cleric & sin.
    not high levels, but decent.

cleric: sorry to you 43 who said cleric but youre just wrong, cleric is easy. If you are in a squad spam IH the tank, maybe a purify if necessary, and in some rare cases just whack on bb and watch.
    If youre solo, spam IH yourself and attack, maybe on some mobs you have to use hit&run but after level 60 that's rare and the spam IH works fine.
    So i dont understand what could possibly be difficult, just spam IH whatever happens.

Wizard: Mine is pure mag, honestly it isnt as hard as people make out. Obviously get some vit/ pdef modifiers, try to keep your shields high and youre set. Not saying pure mag wiz is easy, I'd probably rank it second for difficulty. But the fact of the matter is that a moderately intelligent person will be able to make a combo for 98% of mobs that will kill them before they reach you. And in a squad youre a dd, so there isnt much to worry about other than not stealing aggro, which fair enough requires you to learn, but all-in-all that isnt too bad.
    So pure wizard, very squishy, but unless youre up against a ranged mob you'll probably never get hit, and if its a ranged mag mob well your mag def is so high that it isnt a huge problem if they hit you once.

Assassin: Close ranged, light armour, meelee. This should sum it up, you have to attack as if you were a blademaster but with less than half the physical defense, admittedly the higher mag def is nice, but there arent loads of 100% mag mobs, most mobs are mag ranged and phys close up. And since you have to use daggars (bow is questionable) your phys def is really what counts. High evasion is nice, and definitely makes it nicer when attacking to be able to presume that a mob will miss a couple of times. But you cant depend on evasion in the same way you depend on defense, your defense will protect you 100% of the time, but there is only a chance that you will evade an attack.
    Shadow escape does make it easier when youre in a sticky situation, but honestly your HP & def is so low that generally if youre going to die, shadow escape is too slow. But it does make it easier that is for sure! Deaden nerves also makes the sin easier but again this is nothing in comparison to the wizard or the clerics heal! Bloodpaint is helpful, but until higher levels doesn't make much of a difference however it is nice against aoe bosses.
    Also most sins will use the dex build which is 4 dex 1 str, which results in just as low hp as a pure mag wiz/ cler.

Thus: clerics just spam heal, clever wizards nuke 98% of all mobs before getting hit, sins can't avoid getting hit; dont have as strong attacks; have lower defense than barbs & bm's; dont have the ability to heal; have as little hp as a pure mag wiz;

So assassins!

I think the reason why many people said that cleric are a hard class is that they cant deal with mp pot costs, dealing with dumb people yelling at you all because you died and they are the people that needed to protect you and they know that they don't lose as much as exp as a cleric because of the cleric's rez. So, I think that clerics are not as easy as you think they are. But I don't think that clerics are the hardest class.

(Note: I have not voted yet.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    lol @ how veno has 5 votes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    lol @ how veno has 5 votes

Lol same here. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • othella
    othella Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    For me, the most difficult classes are Archer, Assassin, and Wizard.

My very first character was an Archer on the Lost City server. I royally screwed up the build because this was the first MMO I'd ever played, and I had no idea what I was doing. Even when I discovered the forums and made another Archer using the recommended "pure dex" build, I still died a lot. I'm not sure why I have so much difficulty with it, to be honest.

The Assassin is basically a close-range Archer. Sins are REALLY fun to play, but I find myself having to rest after every mob. I have never had to do this on any other character, so I find it quite irritating.

As for the Wizard...while it isn't nearly as difficult to play as the previous two, it is still a "challenge." Kiting can be frustrating, especially when lag occurs as often as it does for me. However, I enjoy my wide range of skills to test out in different situations. This is probably why the Wizard is one of my favorite classes.
    IGN: [Undecided]
    Class: [Undecided] Most definitely trying the Bard and Marksman classes. Also interested in the Assassin, Mage, Priest, and Protector.

Looking to join a guild once the game is officially released - one that is friendly, mature, and doesn't take itself too seriously. Recruit me?
  • Gromskull - Harshlands
    Gromskull - Harshlands Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The 6 people that voted for veno are morons
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Nice necro.

Veno is an easy class to play, but a hard class to master.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AeonieX - Heavens Tear
    AeonieX - Heavens Tear Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The 6 people that voted for veno are morons

How? The poll asks which class YOU find most difficult to play, if THEY find it difficult to play it doesn't make them morons.
    AeonieX - Hybrid Vit Veno 6x
    HarmieX - Pure Mag Psychic 6x
    KyraneiX - Axe/Fist BM 4x
    KyranthoX - Axe Barb 2x
    KyyranthoX - Hybrid Cleric 2x
    AskariX - Pure Dex Assassin 2x
    KyraneiiX - Pure Dex Archer 0x
    AeoniiX - Pure Mag Wizard 0x
  • Ewen - Harshlands
    Ewen - Harshlands Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Hardest classes for me are assasins. They are squishy as hell and even though they have higher p.def and hp than the mage classes they have to face the mobs in close range.

Easiest classes might be clerics and venos.. Clerics for the ironheart -> some of the bosses are soloable. The pot cost isn't that bad either as I need only 5-10 mp pots (the lvl 60 ones, not the 5k pots) for my three bh runs every day. Of course TT eats more mana, but the profit covers the mana cost so why would I whine?

Venos are easy since they can use their pets to tank stuff.. Enough said.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig made by me. Seems that the forums change the quality of the picture a bit. b:sad
  • AeonieX - Heavens Tear
    AeonieX - Heavens Tear Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Archer
    /10char
    AeonieX - Hybrid Vit Veno 6x
    HarmieX - Pure Mag Psychic 6x
    KyraneiX - Axe/Fist BM 4x
    KyranthoX - Axe Barb 2x
    KyyranthoX - Hybrid Cleric 2x
    AskariX - Pure Dex Assassin 2x
    KyraneiiX - Pure Dex Archer 0x
    AeoniiX - Pure Mag Wizard 0x
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I would say lvl up/pve its barb and assassin. Both where a pain to lvl up for me. Actually assassin was only hard til 60+ than it got pretty easy. But getting a barb to 90+ was so annnoying at times. I just gave up on questing/grinding since it just sucked and did BH + Frost + oracles lol. All quest mobs kite and you do low dmg, only 1 stun, no amazing aoe-skills like a BM. You kill so much slower 1v1 compared to range classes.

Only good thing is that you can tab out while killing a mob than come back 5 min later and youre still alive, barbs really cant die <.<

Easiest to lvl up was veno + nix b:chuckle

Archer, wiz and cleric is all kinda easy to. All range classes kills mobs really fast and lvls fast.

Pvp wise at higher lvls id say archer is the hardets since you have very low defenses compared to other classes, pretty much anyone endgame can 1-2 shoot you even if you have +8+10 gear <.<
  • Qwentomec - Heavens Tear
    Qwentomec - Heavens Tear Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Tsk once again wizard gets the most votes. I don't get why people think they are so hard to play...I have a lvl 52 wiz alt and he has breezed thru to that lvl. The hardest part was getting to like lvl 20, after that my wiz killed most things before they could touch him, with minimal kiting. At 39 he got the knockback skill, and he pretty much never got hit again, you can easy set up a few macros with the knockback and different skills for different mobs, and its all one click kills without getting hit.
    Getting force of will makes it even easier...it's essentially a second knockback, so it's literally impossible to get hit if you have the slighest bit of skill. In fact, I've found my lil wizzy alt to be funner than my main BM...I guess I just like hitting high numbers o.o

Mana isn't a problem either...with a decently lvled water shield you can recover mana pretty quickly, combine it with pots and cleric regen buffs and theres not much downtime meditating.
    you thilly gooses... feather set is thuper fabulous! -Bowlinbob

Chars:
    Qwentomec 94 BM / _Zappy_ 99 Wizzy / xLysander 6x Cleric / MoneyBagz 5x Veno / BaNaNa 3x Barb / _Flappy_ 2x Archer / xKnifey 2x Sin / Spoo_Ney 3x Psy

(cookie for anyone who gets the simpsons reference in those last 2 names)
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Veno for me, actually. Simply because it's super easy for me to get lazy and let the pet do all the work, while totally ignoring the other benefits of the class. Which sucks...because Venos have lots of interesting skills to work with. X_X

Then before you know it...BAM! Suddenly the pet dies and it's like 'OSHI-!!! *ded*'.
  • xxunseenspecxx
    xxunseenspecxx Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    How? The poll asks which class YOU find most difficult to play, if THEY find it difficult to play it doesn't make them morons.

Yes it does.
    Guild History:
    Unlimited [retired guild]
    Conqueror [retired guild]
    BloodLusT [FAIL OF EPIC PROPORTIONZ/retired guild]
    RageQuit [retired guild]

Current Guild:
    Wouldn't you like to know?

Current Status:
    Been jumping rooftops in ADC for the past year and a half<3
    Actively PvP'ing foramz style b:cute
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    Mooy - Heavens Tear Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    PvE (solo): archer at med lv (stun chance are low and need to careful not to pull more than one mob), wiz at low and med lv, sin all the time (low hp, mp, def, and close range)

PvE (squad): cleric (keep ppl alive), archer at boss fight sometime (crit will draw arrgo if there are no barb, that's what happen to me), sin (watch out for close range AoE)

PvP/duel: base on which class you play as and vs who, but sin is one of the best in here.

TW: sin (jumping around is tire for some ppl),barb (sandbag and low accuracy for traditional build of barb), cleric (being the first target is not fun)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    visit jd-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=393891 to read the translated chapters of Zhu Xian.
    Forum Translator of Jade Dynasty, pm me if you need to translate anything. Can be any PWE game.
    Mystic's skill list updated. Final version of lvl11 skills and lvl79, 100 skills.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Necroooooo!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Necroooooo!!

Double necro actually... There was another one before.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear
    Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Well it's a 2x Necro thread but I'll answer anyway.

I don't get how people can say that archer is the most difficult class to play? Was the easiest for me, after my veno. Seriously, if you have all stats placed correctly you'll kill a mob at your level before it can even do any damage to you. And good armor plays an important role also. At least that's how it's going with my archer.
    I must say, the hardest for me have been the assassin and the bm, first one because my HP goes down to 10 or so after 1 mob, so that means I have to use HP pots before and after every single mob I kill. And to do any decent amount of damage I need to use skills, which take so much mana that I'm out of it after using 6-7 skills. Bm was hard to play just because it was boooring, I don't like close combat classes for some reason.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vienna - Dreamweaver
    Vienna - Dreamweaver Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    already a year ago when far more people have know to play they own class was clerics difficult, today with bh's, oracles, hypers..are clerics kinda in they own category and after them are probably barbarians which also must deal with all the wild shooting dmg dealers, which in 95% dosn't know to do anything else as to press as fast as they can on they most powerfull skills on and on.
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    044.gif i believe you missed Yulk in the poll, that is truly the most difficult class
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lady_Sam - Lost City
    Lady_Sam - Lost City Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Melees and clerics been a bizatch for me. Can't level barbs, hate being a big fat furry dude.
  • Cenminator - Dreamweaver
    Cenminator - Dreamweaver Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    i didn't vote because i haven't found any of the classes to be hard at all, they are all pretty well balanced (except for fist bm dmg). just require different play styles for each class is all