Bracers of Blood Moon vs General's Bracers

Olba - Sanctuary
Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Archer
Bracers of Blood Moon
vs
General's Bracer (TT90 Gold)

This is the current thing that I'm thinking of. Basically, whether picking Bracers of Blood Moon over General's Bracers is a good choice?

The way I see it:
Bracers of Blood Moon have lower refines and lower resistances, but they aren't that much lower, unless you plan to refine a lot. However, Bracers of Blood Moon are of a lower grade, so getting it to 4 sockets is much cheaper, which would also result in higher life, unless you, of course, can and are willing to get the huge amount of socket stones required for it. Being G11, if you happen to craft the General's Bracers with 2 sockets, you're looking at a total of 1,500 socket stones to get it to 4 sockets. That is more than three times the price of getting Bracers of Blood Moon. Not to mention that Bracers of Blood Moon can be re-sold, which cannot be said of the General's Bracers.

And of course, Bracers of Blood Moon can be used from a much, much lower level.

So yes, I'm considering using Bracers of Blood Moon in my 90s until/if I reach 99.
If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
Post edited by Olba - Sanctuary on

Comments

• truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    If you're on a budget, Blood Moon is the way to go. The item itself is cheaper, socketing it if you're unlucky is cheaper, the defenses are fairly good, and the +dex bonus on it is directly useful to you.

If, on the other hand, you're in a situation where money is no issue then the General's Bracer is pretty decent.... but really not worth it unless you either PvP heavily and try to keep your gear as up-to-date as possible, or you intend to take a really long time to get to 99.

Sure General's Bracer has a higher grade.... but unless you refine it heavily, the difference from refining isn't that huge (not even a full 40 HP difference at +5). Sure, you could have two peices of the General's set for the +10 dex boost.. but that doesn't change the fact that the +str it has is kinda useless unless you're aiming to use Helm of Aqua Viciousness or something. As you already mentioned, if you're unlucky and your bracers only come out with 2 sockets... kinda sucks for you with the Generals whereas with the blood moon it's just a slight road bump.

Basically, unless you have tons of coin to spare or level at the speed of a drunk snail, the investment in General's Bracers is nowhere near being worth it when compared to Blood Moons.

.... Besides, if you have Blood Moons from an early stage, you can ignore TT80 gold wrists and save yourself a bit of annoyance. b:laugh
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    What's your endgame build going to be, Sir Olba?
  • Veronica_ - Heavens Tear
    Veronica_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Bracers of Blood Moon (?) no idea weather they are cheaper or not but THEY ARE EXTREMLY RARE. I tryed to get one but no luck so I'm probebly going with General's Bracers b:surrend
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Bracers of Blood Moon (?) no idea weather they are cheaper or not but THEY ARE EXTREMLY RARE. I tryed to get one but no luck so I'm probebly going with General's Bracers b:surrend
    tis because theyre a DQ mold. quite frankly i wouldnt 4 socket anything unless i was sure it was my final armor. i went with the generals to have better mdef and wear a 105 str helmet at 90 when combined with sky demon.

(non cash shopper, and for some reason money is non existant for resets)

in the end ill just 4 socket a pair of ashura should i actually get them. seems simple enough, they all drop in 3-2 solo mode.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    tis because theyre a DQ mold. quite frankly i wouldnt 4 socket anything unless i was sure it was my final armor. i went with the generals to have better mdef and wear a 105 str helmet at 90 when combined with sky demon.

But 4 socketing Bracers of Blood Moon, which is G9, isn't even expensive.

As Waffle said, the mold can only be gotten from DQs. 25 Silver Orders and 25 Copper Orders is what it takes. Buying those Orders isn't that hard if you keep checking the AH.
    What's your endgame build going to be, Sir Olba?

Ah, right now I don't have much plans after 90. This is a rough outline of what I'm going for now. Whether I decide to get TT90 boots and leggings is still a bit in the air. Out of those pieces, I got all but the weapon and bracers. Of course, the refines aren't set in stone. Oh, and I also need to reset the vit and mag to 3. "Ideal" would be immaculate citrines, getting 4 sockets on my helm, cape and bracers. If I ever do get to 95, I'll have to see about Heaven Shatterer.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    the answer is obvious

with how fast leveling is now, do you really want to farm for a gold TT item and use it for less than 10 levels? the question would've sounded ridiculous before since we're talking about 9x right? i had friends that went from mid 90s-100 in less than a week with hyper xp, that's how ****ed up this game is. you want triple digit levels, you'll get it in less than a month probably. I say take Blood Moon, farm for TT90 green, then make TT99 gold. Even if you don't plan on leveling past 90 right now, anytime you feel like it, you'll get there.

then you can sell your DQ bracer or give it to an assassin alt
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    with how fast leveling is now, do you really want to farm for a gold TT item and use it for less than 10 levels? the question would've sounded ridiculous before since we're talking about 9x right? i had friends that went from mid 90s-100 in less than a week with hyper xp, that's how ****ed up this game is. you want triple digit levels, you'll get it in less than a month probably. I say take Blood Moon, farm for TT90 green, then make TT99 gold. Even if you don't plan on leveling past 90 right now, anytime you feel like it, you'll get there.

The thing is, I kinda want to have the money to buy that pesky Lunar bow before I get to 95. And that involves either a lot of merchanting, cash shopping, grinding, TT or mat farming.

And as I said in the first post, my reasoning for getting the Blood Moon would be to 4 socket it anyway.

Though yes, if I see myself going at any pace, it would be 90-92 in one go, 92-95 in the next and then 95-99.
    then you can sell your DQ bracer or give it to an assassin alt

Or an Archer?

Though it kinda sucks to know that I've been drooling after the bracers for the past ... 30 level or so.

• AngleSnipe - Heavens Tear
    AngleSnipe - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I would recommend General's Bracers, for 2 main reasons, one is the nice strength it gives, which will lead to a higher level hp helmet = more hp. Second is because of the easier time to acquire the items for general's bracers. 2 evil minion shells and 8 antenna of consumer souls comes out to roughly 9-10m in material costs, assuming you buy everything. However, if you already have a nice Bracers of Blood Moon from earlier levels, you can stick to it.
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    On Harshlands at least, Bracers of Blood Moon costs around 8m if you buy all the dragon orders, at least at the prices I last saw. And you can almost always find a buyer for them when you upgrade to TT99.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Ah, right now I don't have much plans after 90. This is a rough outline of what I'm going for now. Whether I decide to get TT90 boots and leggings is still a bit in the air. Out of those pieces, I got all but the weapon and bracers. Of course, the refines aren't set in stone. Oh, and I also need to reset the vit and mag to 3. "Ideal" would be immaculate citrines, getting 4 sockets on my helm, cape and bracers. If I ever do get to 95, I'll have to see about Heaven Shatterer.

Ah, I meant what was your endgame build at level 99.

Are you going Full Ashura's Set (4 pieces), or 2/2?

- Full Ashura's Set: http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=e3582a35acbe0b1c - Has more HP, and you can swap in rank armor for an additional -Interval.

- 2/2: http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=a24fd65e85a8edd4 - Has more damage, but cannot swap in rank armor for any benefit.

If you go 2/2, then get General's Bracers. Otherwise, get Bracers of Blood Moon so you can resell it.

EDIT: Updated to use the same helm, for a fair comparison.
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Ah, I meant what was your endgame build at level 99.

Are you going Full Ashura's Set (4 pieces), or 2/2?

- Full Ashura's Set: http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=e3582a35acbe0b1c - Has more HP, and you can swap in rank armor for an additional -Interval.

- 2/2: http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=a24fd65e85a8edd4 - Has more damage, but cannot swap in rank armor for any benefit.

If you go 2/2, then get General's Bracers. Otherwise, get Bracers of Blood Moon so you can resell it.

EDIT: Updated to use the same helm, for a fair comparison.

I haven't given much thought to 99, it's still such a far away thing.

• Malaquey - Heavens Tear
    Malaquey - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    the speed increase of blood moon is very good for its lvl,
    ive been trying to get for ages but noone sells :(
  • Veronica_ - Heavens Tear
    Veronica_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    the speed increase of blood moon is very good for its lvl,
    ive been trying to get for ages but noone sells :(

I looked in the question on how to get bracers of blood moon by DQs

What I found is that TT 90 gold might be cheaper becase in Heaven's Tear people rarely do DQ so DQ orders are highter price b:surrender

Either way I hightly doud someone woud sell on WC or AH
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    I looked in the question on how to get bracers of blood moon by DQs

What I found is that TT 90 gold might be cheaper becase in Heaven's Tear people rarely do DQ so DQ orders are highter price b:surrender

Well, buying your way to TT90 Golds might be cheaper, but you'll cry blood when you get 2 sockets, since it'll cost you literally millions to get the third and fourth.

Granted, if I get lucky, I'll get the Silvers at about 200k each and the Coppers at 20-25k each, putting me at around 5.7 million for the thing. Add socket and shard costs and it's not funny.
    Either way I hightly doud someone woud sell on WC or AH

It's rare, but it does happen. I've seen both.

• Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    And here I am thinking that no one wants that blood moon bracer. I've been trying to sell my bracer of blood moon +3 refined, maxed stats, and 4 immac citrines for weeks now for 12 mil, and people don't seem to want it - considering its one of the best light bracers for lvl 60-90+ and all the hard effort and time to get it b:surrender
  • Ussichu - Sanctuary
    Ussichu - Sanctuary Posts: 429 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I do not believe most level 60s would have 12 million and most level 90s will probably be looking down on gear that requires level 60.

b:surrender I'm still using rank 4 level 60 armor.. i'm a pure DPS guy b:laugh
    Navarre was your everyday veno, until she learned her true form. Now she's fox walloping and purging over and over again.. all for a deep stinging, head hunting, wind pushing Assassin. Will there be inner harmony and myriad rainbows? But of course! Yuri&Lemon Find it on Fanfiction XD "Discovering Sanctuary" Chapter 2 is up ^_^
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    And here I am thinking that no one wants that blood moon bracer. I've been trying to sell my bracer of blood moon +3 refined, maxed stats, and 4 immac citrines for weeks now for 12 mil, and people don't seem to want it - considering its one of the best light bracers for lvl 60-90+ and all the hard effort and time to get it b:surrender

Well, the thing is, it's cheaper to make it yourself. And even then, it's still expensive.
    I do not believe most level 60s would have 12 million and most level 90s will probably be looking down on gear that requires level 60.

Indeed, that's also a good point. Most people will look at the lvl 60 Bracer and go "But the General's Bracer has better stats/higher refines/TT90", while perfectly ignoring the additional costs you would get from having to add sockets to it. Not to mention that you cannot resell the General's Bracer.
    b:surrender I'm still using rank 4 level 60 armor.. i'm a pure DPS guy b:laugh

Be glad. I'm still about 1700 rep from reaching Rank 4. And yes, I plan to use the armor, if/when I get there.

• Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I'm using my Blood Moon till 99 haha.
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited February 2010

With the exception of those who likes to pimp their alts b:laugh (whether it be archer or sin) Yes I know what you mean about the looking down on the gear. Some barb looked at my gear the other week - commented mainly about the bracers and helmet of lion spirit and suggested I use gears of higher level requirements b:chuckle without realizing how sought after they are for pre 90 level archers. Guess he never had an archer alt to realize the value of attk intervals and strength requirements for archers.