Thunderball

GalenNn - Lost City
GalenNn - Lost City Posts: 51 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Cleric
Should i keep leveling thunderball? Im at level 34 and havent been leveling it because so far every high level cleric has said not to level it up because its useless. Im unsure whether its a waste of spirit or notb:surrender
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by GalenNn - Lost City on

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Up to you....

I kept mine at level 1 until 90 when I maxed all my remaining skills....and I still rarely, rarely use it b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • XLusca - Heavens Tear
    XLusca - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I see no reason to level thunder ball at all unless you have excess coin and feel like getting every single skill to level 10 like a lot of people tend to do at 85.

It takes much longer to cast than plume or cyclone and the only mobs that will take over 15 seconds to kill are bosses where you'll most likely be healing anyway.

You can use it with cyclone and kite mobs but that is just not time efficient but if you really wanna do it, go ahead.

But personally I wouldn't waste coin or spirit leveling it past one.
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I find sage thunderball a useful skill when it comes to bosses and TT runs - before that I had it leveled but rarely used it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Vivre - Harshlands
    Vivre - Harshlands Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I like thunderball... it's good for elite / bosses and is fun to use right before you sleep someone b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    What is this 'res' you speak of? b:cute
  • KawaiiKelly - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiKelly - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I have mine at level 3; I only use it for Pk 'pokes' xD. But don't level it, it's very useless.
    f:shame
  • GalenNn - Lost City
    GalenNn - Lost City Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    ok so thunderball is fairly useless but why? it does a fair amount of dmg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    It is because wield thunder does more the only time you need thunderball is for bosses or those increased health.I have mine at 5.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Adalynne - Sanctuary
    Adalynne - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I maxed mine- I figured it's the only damage over time skill we get, and I use it on bosses in between heals and debuffs. Not as useful as other skills, but not terribly expensive to level either. I just think it looks funny for a mob to have a ball of lightning stuck to his head.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you will practice being fictional for a while, you will understand that fictional characters are sometimes more real than people with bodies and heartbeats.
  • Aya__ - Heavens Tear
    Aya__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    It isnt useless, you just need to think about correct uses for it: DOT lasts 15 sec, so if you use it on regular mob it will be dead before spell runs out - a waste of mana, better use instant damage skills for that
    so i kept mine at 1 and didnt use until high 70s. then i maxed it - cheap, decent damage, not very long channel time. i use it on bossess and elites and it works nicely :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aydamn - Lost City
    Aydamn - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Up to you....

I kept mine at level 1 until 90 when I maxed all my remaining skills....and I still rarely, rarely use it b:surrender

I got mine to level 3 before I realised it was useless D: Ended up maxing it when I had surplus spirit at 8x or whatever. It's funny for oneshotting lowbies though b:avoid
  • Nexdonum - Lost City
    Nexdonum - Lost City Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I've got mine at lvl 3 currently, with no intention of leveling for quite a while. I've still got the debuffs and other skills that I wish to level sooner. I figure when I get to 8x or higher, I may level it, but not before anything else. I really have not used it since I was 3x, so I don't see any reason to level it, for me at least.

b:victory
    We have two ears and one tongue so that we would listen more and talk less. - Diogenes

It is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them. - Pierre Beaumarchais

You cannot reason someone out of a position they did not reason themselves into. - Unknown
  • Bollocks - Raging Tide
    Bollocks - Raging Tide Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I totally forgot we had this skill b:chuckle It's level 1 and didn't even put it on skillbar b:surrender
    Aasimar:
    "Bollocks - a guy that will always point out to some1s nonsense and generally indicate contempt for a certain task, subject or opinion. A balancing force and more often then not, a voice of reason around thees parts. There is also paradox in that being his cleric name, as he likes to put it "useless char", while he is one of the best clerics on the server in PvP and PvE imo."
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I did some testing with a friend, and we find out that Thunderball continues hitting after the assasin casts Shadow Escape and he is invisible. It seems Thunderball doesn't count as a negative status such as bleed or poison.

Dunno if could do of any use on pvp unless you cast it against a distracted assassin, but I'm just lettin ya know in case you wanna try it on a real combat situation.
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]