What determines if you can be banned for Camping or not?

Hemira - Lost City
Hemira - Lost City Posts: 244 Arc User
edited February 2010 in General Discussion
I dunno if this should be in the PK section of the forums or not.

What determines if someone can be banned for Camping or not?

My husband and I were attempting to do MQ today, only to be camped. Both while trying to get the mobs and while trying to do the boss. I understand MQ is under the repeatable quests in the quest list, as my guildies had some doubts to it being bannable, however MQ is not retakeable after failure.

I realise that for the most part, camping is only bannable if lower levels cannot get to an npc to turn in thier quests.

PK outside of a safe zone for the most part is considered "Free Game", as in you can't be banned for it, at least to my knowledge. However, the npc, the mobs and boss, are all outside of sz. (Two of the listed always out of safe, unless lured there.)

I could understand and accept this if it were that either I or my hubby had an actual chance against either of the people who camped us. Unfortunately, we both have low hp, and are oneshots to the archer, he a oneshot to the veno, who then waited for the archer and another Koi member to gank me.

When asked for the reason of the camping the archer responded: "Nagare KOS"

Well yes, KOS does happen, but does that make it right to be camped while trying to do a quest? I am not especially a carebear, though I tend to sway away from PKing. And upon asking to be able to acutally finish the quest, I was ignored.

I know that Koi is also RPK (At least to my knowledge), but if they were just doing KOS, why kill my Hubby who isn't in Nagare?

I know this is more for the most part a rant. Sorry. I'd like to know if this is considered camping that is bannable.

I don't want to hear any "Go to a PvE server then" kind of stuff please.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sig made by me! :>
Life's not about waiting for the storm to pass.....
...It's about learning to dance in the rain.....

"I'm 4 hits with Grace xD 5/6 with Grace + Shell and countless with Hemira <3" - WereElf

MoonHollow <3
Post edited by Hemira - Lost City on

Comments

• Starchief - Sanctuary
    Starchief - Sanctuary Posts: 606 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    ahem, we dont mention names here on this forum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hemira - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    ahem, we dont mention names here on this forum.

Edited, I was not aware of this.

"I'm 4 hits with Grace xD 5/6 with Grace + Shell and countless with Hemira <3" - WereElf

MoonHollow <3
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    If you are trying to complete a quest and being PK'd to the point it is impossible to do so, that is classed as harassment.

Harassment is a bannable offence if they continue to make it impossible for you to complete a quest or kill mobs/a boss you might need.

Take a screenshot if it happens again, assuming you do not already have some, and ticket these people.

I understand KoS is a kill on sight thing, but as I've just said, there is "kill on sight" and then "kill on sight repeatedly multiple times making it impossible for these people to complete their quest." The latter is classed as harassment and very much bannable if these people persist.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hemira - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    If you are trying to complete a quest and being PK'd to the point it is impossible to do so, that is classed as harassment.

Harassment is a bannable offence if they continue to make it impossible for you to complete a quest or kill mobs/a boss you might need.

Take a screenshot if it happens again, assuming you do not already have some, and ticket these people.

I understand KoS is a kill on sight thing, but as I've just said, there is "kill on sight" and then "kill on sight repeatedly multiple times making it impossible for these people to complete their quest." The latter is classed as harassment and very much bannable if these people persist.

Thanks for the reply, and it was the latter of the two. >.<

MoonHollow <3
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I beg to differ.

Ask my barb who, when he needed Kun Kun, was repeated denied the kill by a selfish veno who wanted to powerlevel her herc on him. After several polite requests to stop, I sent in a ticket explaining the incident, to which I was told "...we do not have rules regulating kill stealing. Please group up in a squad, move to another area or come back at a later time."

Considering Kun Kun was a single required monster for the quest, which was being routinely KS'd from me leaving me unable to finish the quest, I think they kinda glossed over my issue here. >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Gri - Lost City
    Gri - Lost City Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited February 2010

This is not true. I ran into a similar problem when I was a few levels lower and an archer from an RPK faction was camping where I needed to be. I was killed about 20 times in 30-45 minutes by the same player. After contacting PWI live chat a GM advised me to reroll on a PvE server if I didn't want to be PK'd. Not kidding.
  • Gri - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Sorry I forgot to say something...

I don't believe that GMs will ban for camping/harassing unless you do it in SP...which even then is questionable. I know many PKers who still chill in there with no problems. Which would also explain why it is alright for factions to camp WQ and MQ stops.

Don't expect much from GMs as far as help.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I'd have to say it relies solely on the GM's judgment. Some may tell you to reroll, some may warn the player under violation of griefing. I know that GMs started to crack down on Secret Passage at one point, but it was incredibly iffy on what was considered bannable. If all else, send a ticket and see what comes out of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Yeahh, send a ticket, include a screen shot (if you got one), and if it happens again, make sure to take multiple screenies, so they can see it's becoming a repeating harassment, not just a random thing...

I'll never understand how people can play on a PvP server...I'd get soooo frustrated...Power to you guys who can handle that...
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Moog - Lost City
    Moog - Lost City Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I think it depends on the gm that reads your ticket. I've had a friend that was banned for pking in public quest. But with the other stories in the thread some other gms are more lenient with the camping issue.
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I think it depends on the gm that reads your ticket. I've had a friend that was banned for pking in public quest. But with the other stories in the thread some other gms are more lenient with the camping issue.

this. it all depends on the GM's interpretation. however most games that have separate pve/pvp servers the GM's will tell you if you dont want to be PK'd, go play a PvE server
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Annastasia - Lost City
    Annastasia - Lost City Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited February 2010

i had a friend that was banned for standing next to someone who was pk ing in SP. no matter that he didnt attack anyone. i wish that GM's would address this issue and communicate with each to make some set rules. ignoring players questions about it just leaves more speculation and rumors.
  • steuck
    steuck Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    If you cant handle it get off PVP serversb:bye
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Someone didn't read. :>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Yeahh, send a ticket, include a screen shot (if you got one), and if it happens again, make sure to take multiple screenies, so they can see it's becoming a repeating harassment, not just a random thing...

I'll never understand how people can play on a PvP server...I'd get soooo frustrated...Power to you guys who can handle that...

b:sweat Yah I agree............
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gri - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    steuck wrote: »

It wasn't a QQ thread it was a question. So...if you can't read don't post? :S
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited February 2010

Somebody can't read.

Now do go be obnoxious elsewhere.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    If you think you can get banned doing something, chances are, most likely you can.
    If you are having too much fun killing other players, chances are, someone will complain and you will get banned.
    If you found a new way to do something that makes it sooo much easier, chances are, if someone reports you, you will get banned.
    If you have done nothing wrong, that you know off, you can still get banned. Read the TOS.http://www.perfectworld.com/about/terms
    Section 5
    "Please note that regardless of any notice, PWE reserves the right to discontinue the Service or to terminate or suspend your account at any time in its sole discretion for any reason, or for no reason."

For everything else there is mastercard.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Alexenokin - Lost City
    Alexenokin - Lost City Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited February 2010

3005tg2.jpg
    I have officially "won the game"... Actually, I decided it was time to leave.
    Joined sometime in March of 2009 - right after Dreamweaver opening.
    Retired on March 16, 2010... 1 year later...
  • squishy359
    squishy359 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I think if you want a screen shot to get somebody banned you should prolly try to capture one that shows something OTHER than a red named player. For example:

I was trying to get through SP and couldn't cause the area was being camped by a 90+ barb. I knew I couldn't prove he was camping, so I whispered to him that he had killed me over 10 times already and it was time to let me through. The idiot replied, "Sure....if you pay me 40k." Now THAT was a good screenshot to send to a GM. In the duration of my 3x lvls I never saw him in there again.

So try pming them and see what they say. Perhaps you might get something good to ss b:laugh
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    These people aren't camping you personally. They're killing pretty much everyone that goes there. You are allowed to camp a particular spot as long as you aren't preventing people from completing quests that are required to be completed, like spiritual cultivation quests.

If you wish to camp a WQ spot, or a marriage quest location, I'm pretty sure the GMs will do nothing about it. It isn't harassment, they're not killing you specifically or camping you personally.

If you are KOS and they keep killing you because you keep going back there, that is not harassment, that's borderline stupidity... and if you want to QQ about it, it's pretty much just that.

Solution 1: Leave and come back later.
    Solution 2: Call in your faction and zerg them.
    Solution 3: Take screenshots, send in tickets, hope they get banned.

Solution 1 & 2 are fine. Solution 3 is kinda chicken****, IMO. This is a PvP server and if it's not a safe zone, you should be free to PvP.... even in places like Secret Passage. And, I'm mostly carebear, go figure. ;p
    It wasn't a QQ thread it was a question. So...if you can't read don't post? :S

Actually it was a QQ and a name & shame thread. >.>
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.