Level 8 Apothecary - Please fix it

Ishmah - Sanctuary
Ishmah - Sanctuary Posts: 192 Arc User
edited February 2013 in The Crafting Nook
I am well aware that the quest to earn level 8 apothecary is currently broken. The elder gives you the quest, sends you to speak to the npc on the outskirts of Dreamweaver where the quest seems to vanish.

The elder in Mammogeddon I visited also has the skill there to be learned. From memory, it's 170K spirit & 350K coin to receive.

The quest to learn expert apothecary, according to pwdatabase.com requires a player to be level 150. Clearly this is what is preventing those that have the other requisites of 100/100 & level 99 from receiving this book.

Finally, I am also aware that the expert apothecary book drops from some mobs in Abbaddon & Seat of Torment.

My request is that the GM's pass this broken quest on to the developers to have it fixed. Please bring this quest into line with the other crafting quests...perhaps stock the npc's shop near Dreamweaver with the book; rewrite the quest to acknowledge the need to go hunt these instances or make the level needed for the current quest to be 99.

OK, those who have got the drop or paid an obscene amount in AH to get it flame away...."we did it so everyone else can" etc. etc. etc.
Post edited by Ishmah - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Contradicted - Sanctuary
    Contradicted - Sanctuary Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    according to Ecatomb the quest only requires lvl 99 and the details they have are as follows

Path of the Apothecary
    You must have Apothecary Skill lvl7
    Speak to Elder of Archosaur (571 648)
    Speak to Huajen (618 389) to complete the quest - You can drop Expert Apothecary Skill from some monster in Devil's arcadia or Purgatory of heavens (Rate < 0.18%)

Reward: 1000xp

Goodluck? b:shocked
  • Ishmah - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    according to Ecatomb the quest only requires lvl 99 and the details they have are as follows

Path of the Apothecary
    You must have Apothecary Skill lvl7
    Speak to Elder of Archosaur (571 648)
    Speak to Huajen (618 389) to complete the quest - You can drop Expert Apothecary Skill from some monster in Devil's arcadia or Purgatory of heavens (Rate < 0.18%)

Reward: 1000xp

Goodluck? b:shocked

Thx for response, but other people have same problem.
    Have spoken to elder.
    Have apoth 7 at 100/100
    Got sent to Huajen
    Spoke to Huajen...then nothing.
    Looked in his trade window but no expert apoth book to buy.
    Whilst in Mamageddon, spoke to elder there too. He DID offer to teach me apoth 8 skill. Requirement, from memory, was 170K spirit & 350K coin, of which I had both.
    He said I was unable to learn it.

If getting the book as a drop is the only way to learn it then please change the quest to reflect this. If, however, as I suspect is true, the quest is not functioning as intended, fix the quest please.
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I've got to ask... does level 8 apothecary even do anything?
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    i would infer from the fact that the other manufacuring skills are not mob drops and expert apoth is, that the only way you can get the skill book is from the rare mob drop
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I've got to ask... does level 8 apothecary even do anything?

best apoth in game (Mana/HP) only doable if you are in a guild controling either 100k streams, Dreamweaver, Raging tide or Lagosaur ( correct me please if i miss a town)

and best charms in game (75 or 80% defense charms)
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    If getting the book as a drop is the only way to learn it then please change the quest to reflect this. If, however, as I suspect is true, the quest is not functioning as intended, fix the quest please.

Like said above...you need the book...and it is SO worth it b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    best apoth in game (Mana/HP) only doable if you are in a guild controling either 100k streams, Dreamweaver, Raging tide or Lagosaur ( correct me please if i miss a town)

and best charms in game (75 or 80% defense charms)

The only thing Apothecary 8 gives you is the right to make 50% defense (magic/phys) charms and the attack charms for higher grade equipment.
    Owning 1k Streams or any of those territories have nothing to do with it. You only need Apothecary lvl 6 or below to make pots that are exclusive to certain lands. Lvl 7 and 8 are purely for attack and defense charms.

And like it was previously stated - You need to get the Expert Apothecary Book (which is a rare drop) to learn the lvl 8 skill. No quest is necessary... just talk to the Elder and you are good :) At least thats what I did.
    If you look in Auction House>Other>Books> General Skill Books you will find people selling the Expert Apothecary Book. Good luck b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I got the book last night, so yes, it's a drop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ishmah - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    All of the level 8 production skills have a level 150 alternative quest which we can not do, and another quest which we can complete.

I believe the quest you were looking for was http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/6471 (but pwdatabase does not give enough detail on that quest).

Thankyou for your suggestion, but as I stated in my original post;
    I am well aware that the quest to earn level 8 apothecary is currently broken. The elder gives you the quest, sends you to speak to the npc on the outskirts of Dreamweaver where the quest seems to vanish.

This is the point of the thread. There IS a quest to do level 8 apothecary...but it is broken.

IF the ONLY current way to get the level 8 apothecary skill book is to get it as a drop, then the quest should reflect this.
    IF this is not how it is intended to be then the quest should be fixed/changed.
    Why does the elder have the level 8 skill book to upgrade apothecary skill in the first place? IF, unlike all preceding apothecary levels, the only way to get the level 8 book is via a drop, then the elder should not have it.

Edit:
    To clarify, I received the quest from elder to speak to the npc on outskirts of Dreamweaver.
    Find the Herb Gatherer, Huajen, in the Dreamweaver Port Outskirts and learn more advanced skills from him.

After spaking to the npc there was no longer any quest in 'current' OR 'find quest' related to level 8 apothecary. Nothing. The questline had disappeared.
  • DeeJane - Lost City
    DeeJane - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    ok so i found something else .. the message said :

Find the Herb Gatherer, Huajen, in the Dreamweaver Port Outskirts and learn more advanced skills from him.

now i found this ...

The quest vanished .. but is worse afterwards....

i found this on pwi database :

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/3152

Learn Grade 8 A.Skill
    Prev: Visit the Apothecary
    Parent Quest
    Grade 8 A.Skill
    Description
    Gather 100 Medium Panacea Potion for Apothecary Chiao in Fallen Phoenix Camp.

Required to do
    Get: Medium Panacea Potion Amount:100
    Award
    Gold: 0
    Exp: 0
    SP: 0
    Items Group
    Amount:1
    Expert Apothecary Skill
    Award NPC
    Apothecary Chiao - "Momaganon" 481 622(17)
    Quest Info
    Level: 0
    Can give up
    Repeatable after failure
    Repeatable
    When fails, parent also fail

soooo....

U need to get 100 of these Medium Panacea Potions that a boss drops ( non existant ) or doing ...

Scroll XX for lvl 115 players... and qil give you 10...

Now another way is to manufacture them !! yayy !!!

buuuuuuttttttt howwwww we gonna dooo thiss !!!

Ahaa !! got it !!!

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/recipe/1226

ETF is : Level 2 Ambergris

i mean how to learn it or so o.O

Please if someone knows or sell these medium panaF565654ers potions .. just contact me

or post a reply here to see how to et them.. Thanks
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Look at the level requirement of the parent quest:
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/2977

It has basically been removed from the game and the only way to get the Apothecary 8 book is to get it as a drop from the mobs in FB99 (or buy from boutique / AH).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Raphxelion - Raging Tide
    Raphxelion - Raging Tide Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    they should make it where if you have level 8 apothecary, you dont need faction with land to make those special pots..
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Sorry Raph, but that would mean there would be no perks to owning a TW land, which would make TW even less appealing to players.

~closed for necro
This discussion has been closed.