Stealth and Cultivation ??

Swaze - Sanctuary
Swaze - Sanctuary Posts: 142 Arc User
edited March 2010 in General Discussion
Hello!

I was testing out the Detection Potions yesterday ( the awareness pots that assist in seeing assassins) and I have come up with some discrepancies.

Me (lvl92) v Friend (lvl100)

My Stealth lvl:

lvl 92 + 20 (catlike thread) +10 (shadow escape) = 122

Friend's Awareness lvl:

lvl 100 + 20 (detection potion) = 120

detectionpotion.jpg

So logic says, with pots he cant be able to see me right??

Wrong. He had no problem seeing me. After discussing this with my other friend, we came to the conclusion that it might have something to do with cultivation lvls?

Does cultivation lvls affect awareness?? Or stealth??

If a GM or someone with actual literature on this matter can answer that would be awesome..

(and speaking of culti...how about some skills??? so I can get back to heaven or hell >.<)
1st sage assassin in sanctuary. That's right, I jumped in with my eyes half closed. b:cute
Post edited by Swaze - Sanctuary on

Comments

• MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Higher levels can see you.
    You can be 99, he can be 100.
    He'll still see you.
  • Swaze - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Well then why did they waste their time with that pot description?
    1st sage assassin in sanctuary. That's right, I jumped in with my eyes half closed. b:cute
    edited February 2010
    Make more money?
  • Risingson - Lost City
    Risingson - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Absolutely not. It's not a matter of level, it's a matter of Cultivation. Someone with two more Culti levels than you will see you.
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
  • SammyStyle - Sanctuary
    SammyStyle - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Higher levels can see you.
    You can be 99, he can be 100.
    He'll still see you.

Lol did you actually look into it?? Or just guessing??

Accoording to the discription on differnet websites Lvl93+ sins shouldn't be visible to people using the pots. Is it a bug or a feature.....

Apperantly the cultivation lvl of the awarness pot users also has influence on it. Hopefully the gm's can comment on this.
    Make more money? .

The pots aren't boutique items and can only be obtained from 1 tideborn city (nef controls it on sanctuary). So think before you post.
  • Solarnaru - Harshlands
    Solarnaru - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    i too would like a dispute settling answer about what determines visibility of assassins. I fought an one that was at least 10 lvs below me, and still couldn't see him. imo sins aren't a huge threat pvp-wise for mages as long as u can see them. i'd like to kno how to do that!
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I believe it has been repeatedly said that people with a higher level of cultivation than the culti level you possess will see you regardless of if they use pots, don't use pots, or you dance the chicken dance while in stealth mode.

Chances are that level 100 has a higher cultivation level than you, thus meaning he could see you no matter what you did, used or said.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    Lol did you actually look into it?? Or just guessing??

Accoording to the discription on differnet websites Lvl93+ sins shouldn't be visible to people using the pots. Is it a bug or a feature.....

Apperantly the cultivation lvl of the awarness pot users also has influence on it. Hopefully the gm's can comment on this.

The pots aren't boutique items and can only be obtained from 1 tideborn city (nef controls it on sanctuary). So think before you post.

Neither.
    I was joking.
    :)
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I believe it has been repeatedly said that people with a higher level of cultivation than the culti level you possess will see you regardless of if they use pots, don't use pots, or you dance the chicken dance while in stealth mode.

Chances are that level 100 has a higher cultivation level than you, thus meaning he could see you no matter what you did, used or said.

but I can't see 7x sins even though I've done my demon culti? That doesn't make sense.
  • DrDrakken - Lost City
    DrDrakken - Lost City Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    yeash there should be a solid method of detectionb:surrender stealth without detection=b:shocked
    [SIGPIC]T.T[/SIGPIC]
    (best i could do T_T)
    b:cryYou were the best CM everb:cry

August 12 - I'm officially 15 b:pleased
  • Onlyrecoil - Harshlands
    Onlyrecoil - Harshlands Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Hello!

I was testing out the Detection Potions yesterday ( the awareness pots that assist in seeing assassins) and I have come up with some discrepancies.

Me (lvl92) v Friend (lvl100)

My Stealth lvl:

lvl 92 + 20 (catlike thread) +10 (shadow escape) = 122

Friend's Awareness lvl:

lvl 100 + 20 (detection potion) = 120

detectionpotion.jpg

So logic says, with pots he cant be able to see me right??

Wrong. He had no problem seeing me. After discussing this with my other friend, we came to the conclusion that it might have something to do with cultivation lvls?

Does cultivation lvls affect awareness?? Or stealth??

If a GM or someone with actual literature on this matter can answer that would be awesome..

(and speaking of culti...how about some skills??? so I can get back to heaven or hell >.<)
    The problem here is one of bad math. You don't get an extra ten stealth level when you use shadow escape, making your stealth level only 112 to your friend's 120, so of course he can see you.
  • Accel - Raging Tide
    Accel - Raging Tide Posts: 673 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    The problem here is one of bad math. You don't get an extra ten stealth level when you use shadow escape, making your stealth level only 112 to your friend's 120, so of course he can see you.

Lrn2read, Shadow Escape increases your stealth level by 10... GMs need to clearly explain stealth.. b:surrender and add skills b:angry
    You can't see me b:avoid.
    edited February 2010
    I have just checked ecatomb's site, and there is nothing in the skill description that would indicate shadow escape gives an extra 10 stealth level when you use it. Perhaps if you showed a screenshot of the skill description or got a gm to confirm it I would believe you and apologize, but until then I stand by my original post.
  • Swaze - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    I have just checked ecatomb's site, and there is nothing in the skill description that would indicate shadow escape gives an extra 10 stealth level when you use it. Perhaps if you showed a screenshot of the skill description or got a gm to confirm it I would believe you and apologize, but until then I stand by my original post.

I am at work at the moment and not able to SS the updated skill description but until i can, trust me when I say, it clearly states that stealth skill gives you a maximum of an extra 10 stealth lvl.

Ive noticed that ecatomb has never updated anything since the first TB release
    Absolutely not. It's not a matter of level, it's a matter of Cultivation. Someone with two more Culti levels than you will see you.

I cannot agree with you because no lvl100+'s have been able to see me prior to these pots. I can accept, however, that there might be a awareness bonus associated with culti lvls and if so, I would very much like to know the exact numerical bonus if one exists.

It's quite unfortunate that no skills have been released for us TB giving us a built in handicap in this situation =/
  • Accel - Raging Tide
    edited February 2010
    Yeah, When the skills were first released, there was never anything in the skill description that said it raised stealth level but it did. Then the patch came out and fixed the description on Shadow Walk and Shadow Escape..

av28vo.jpg
  • Swaze - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Well there's your proof

p.s. Accel is a nub
  • Accel - Raging Tide
    edited February 2010
    Well there's your proof

p.s. Accel is a nub

b:angryb:angry 1v1z!
    edited February 2010
    Ah, very well then. I am sorry. Please accept these kittens as an apology.
    kittens.jpg
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    Doesn't normal stealth add 10 to your stealth level also? I thought that was how it worked. It has to add at least 1 to your stealth, or you'd not even be IN stealth.

So what Recoil said is probably correct. Stealth + Catlike tread at 92 = 112 is req. level to see you.

With awareness pots, they can see you until you're at their level. Sounds like stealth my have been subtly adjusted with the patches. Only problem is that awareness pots aren't widely available. :\

EDIT: KITTEHS!
  • Swaze - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Doesn't normal stealth add 10 to your stealth level also? I thought that was how it worked. It has to add at least 1 to your stealth, or you'd not even be IN stealth.

So what Recoil said is probably correct. Stealth + Catlike tread at 92 = 112 is req. level to see you.

With awareness pots, they can see you until you're at their level. Sounds like stealth my have been subtly adjusted with the patches. Only problem is that awareness pots aren't widely available. :\

EDIT: KITTEHS!

Cat Like Thread - assassin passive stealth skills - gives 20 stealth lvl
    Stealth Skill - assassins active skill that makes sin stealth - gives 10 stealth lvl (as prooved by Accel's SS)

so...

@lvl 92

92 + 20(cat like thread) + 10 (stealth skill) = 122
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    I guess the skill description is wrong, then. Oh well. I can't say I'm too busted up about it, since stealth is pretty much broken-overpowered anyway.
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I don't think this has been brought up yet, but...if your friend was in the same squad as you, he'd be able to see you, no matter what, as well.

b:cute

...jus' throwin' it out there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Great, if those 2 stealth skills don't actually increase your stealth level, I'm just wasting SP to level so it'll take less mp per second -_-.

Now I have to find people to test it out...
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Cat Like Thread - assassin passive stealth skills - gives 20 stealth lvl
    Stealth Skill - assassins active skill that makes sin stealth - gives 10 stealth lvl (as prooved by Accel's SS)

so...

@lvl 92

92 + 20(cat like thread) + 10 (stealth skill) = 122

first of all... let me say this... regular and force stealth DOES NOT give you the extra stealth level. you can post all the ss that you want of the skill description... but that doesn't change the fact that it still DOES NOT work.

what does work is the cat like thread that actually give you extra stealth level... but an awareness pot cancels that out. so with the pot active... you'll be able to see any sins thats a level below you. and this will remain the fact until the gms actually get around to change the skill description or the skill itself.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Accel - Raging Tide
    edited February 2010
    first of all... let me say this... regular and force stealth DOES NOT give you the extra stealth level. you can post all the ss that you want of the skill description... but that doesn't change the fact that it still DOES NOT work.

My SS has moar proof than your statement does. And I have had experience where a Sin was unable to see me under Shadow Walk (maxed) but saw me under Shadow Escape (level 7) at the time. So I'm pretty sure there is a difference.
  • Legor - Heavens Tear
    Legor - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010

what does work is the cat like thread that actually give you extra stealth level... but an awareness pot cancels that out. so with the pot active... you'll be able to see any sins thats a level below you. and this will remain the fact until the gms actually get around to change the skill description or the skill itself.

I was dueling against a lvl 92 BM yesterday in Etherblade. My lvl is 74 and when I used stealth, BM couldn't see me. My stealth sklls are only lvl 9 atm so.......
    74+20+9= 103 >92

Of course once I got out of stealth, he wtfpwn me though xD
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    My SS has moar proof than your statement does. And I have had experience where a Sin was unable to see me under Shadow Walk (maxed) but saw me under Shadow Escape (level 7) at the time. So I'm pretty sure there is a difference.

you have a ss of the skill description... and there are many incidents where the skill descritpion doesn't not accurately describe the skill. but consider this... i have no problem seeing a 9x sin outside of my squad with said pot active.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

• Accel - Raging Tide
    edited February 2010
    you have a ss of the skill description... and there are many incidents where the skill descritpion doesn't not accurately describe the skill. but consider this... i have no problem seeing a 9x sin outside of my squad with said pot active.

Which is why OP brought up the topic, because the same thing happened to him. If cultivation adds a difference to stealth level..
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    I was dueling against a lvl 92 BM yesterday in Etherblade. My lvl is 74 and when I used stealth, BM couldn't see me. My stealth sklls are only lvl 9 atm so.......
    74+20+9= 103 >92

Of course once I got out of stealth, he wtfpwn me though xD

ummm... thats great and all... but did you realize that 74+20=94... which last time i checked was higher then 92. so he shouldn't be able to see you regardless if the extra stealth (from the skill itself) is actually working or not.

• Swaze - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Which is why OP brought up the topic, because the same thing happened to him. If cultivation adds a difference to stealth level..

^ This...

As for your Kyoshi said about the skill not working, I havea question and a statement.

1. If it does not work, why did they bother going through the trouble of updating the skill descrip with something that according to you does not work?

2. With your logic, my stealth lvl is then 112. Yet they revamped the awareness passive skill so that it no longer gives 20 awareness lvls but 30. So that means, that lvl82s with maxed out awareness can see me. Yet every mid lvl 8x ive encountered with maxed awareness was not able to. Or is that another update they did to the skill descrip for aesthetic purposes only?