Rewarding Suggestions That Are Implemented

Options
taintedwhite
taintedwhite Posts: 16 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Suggestion Box
I'm not sure if there is already a thread on this, but there are more than 200 pages of suggestions and I do not intend to look through all of them, SO...

Players know what players like best. MMORPGs grow and constantly improve through not only talented and creative developers, but by the ideas of players. Players can come up with things that not only improve gameplay, but increase profit.

What I would like to suggest:

When a player makes a suggestion that is APPROVED and is going to be implemented sooner or later, that player deserves a little reward for their aid in improving the game, no? If there is a reward involved, players are more likely to share suggestions. I know online games well enough to know that up to 75% or more of suggestions are never approved. However, if more people are making suggestions, it increases the chances of someone coming up with a very good idea.

So, if a player can improve the game and help make a little more profit, why not share a little of it by giving out some gold?

It isn't too much trouble in the long run, so please consider it.
Post edited by taintedwhite on

Comments

• ladyamen
    ladyamen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    b:victory yeah! damn good suggestion!!
    but the problem is: who can tell who was the first ever who done that suggestion that had been implemented :(
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    to lady: they can tell bc of the date the thread wuzz made

also.. i'm not shur if i'm in agrreance with or not in agreeance with this idea so I'll just post positivez and negativez on the subject

POSITIVE: everything stated in ur 1st post lolz

NEGATIVEZ: iznt the reward having a better gameplay? and just the sheer pride in knowing that u helped over millionz f ppl enjoy PW just a lil more

anywayz ya i wonder if this idea will be taken into consideration
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • Ihazacute - Sanctuary
    Ihazacute - Sanctuary Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The sheer volume of work required to document who said what first would be ridiculous. Plus, there are enough repeat suggestions in this forum as it is--why encourage people to post every little thing they think of (without searching, of course) just in case they can get a reward.

I'm not sure how many of these suggestions are ever implemented based on user feedback or by pure coincidence, but I just like seeing the game improved.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ^thish b:victory

• taintedwhite
    taintedwhite Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    To Grippieluver:

I don't see the negative part of what you said under "negative" lol. Yes, better gameplay in itself is a reward, but there is no harm in getting a few gold for your great ideas.

To Ihazacute:

Seeing who said what first is not a huge task. There are forum moderators going through threads every day. In addition, if someone goes to make a suggestion, they should search the forums for key words to check if it has been suggested already. I know, I'm a hypocrite, I didn't think of doing that myself last night when I made this thread. But some people do.

The chances of more than 3 or 4 people having the exact same idea are rather low, so I can't see it being too much trouble.
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    Aedrian - Lost City Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I want a cookie for my ideas! Or at least to see a few of them implemented b:surrender
    <"shameless self-bump :D" Alexenokin - Lost City>
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

*WTB: -12~-18% chan stuff, pm me in here or in game for details*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Seeing who said what first is not a huge task. There are forum moderators going through threads every day. In addition, if someone goes to make a suggestion, they should search the forums for key words to check if it has been suggested already. I know, I'm a hypocrite, I didn't think of doing that myself last night when I made this thread. But some people do.
    Very few people use the search function (as evidenced by the number of threads made about the same damn thing (sometimes within a couple hours of each other, in the same section, when the first thread is still on the first page)).
    The chances of more than 3 or 4 people having the exact same idea are rather low, so I can't see it being too much trouble.

You'd be surprised. There were at least 3 different people who came up with ideas for an aquatic race long before the TB were announced (and someone even demanded compensation (much lulz were had)). There's also the issue of same-sex marriage/embrace, untamed true forms, and untamed genders to take into account (even if they aren't exactly ideas). Every few weeks there will be some new person who suggests some way to 'browse' cat shops without actually going to each individual shop, someone will suggest removing the 1 hours wait for mail, another suggestion for some kind of weapon/skill that would make their class ridiculously overpowered, and several other suggestions that just plain suck. You'd be amazed at how many people think along the same lines (it's usually easy to tell where they got the ideas from).

My responses are in red.
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • Chobsi - Heavens Tear
    Chobsi - Heavens Tear Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    T

Are you kidding?..
    Same Sex Marriage
    Same Sex Embrace
    Veno/Barb True Forms.
    Etc, Most ideas come up a lot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Chobsi the only thing your good at is making your character look good, otherwise your fail"
    "Did that 95 BM just kill himself to your Herc? Mmm..Yep"
    "Oh that thing I thought was a statue, it 1 shot me, switch to your cleric please"
    "So that Hercules guy from the disney movie really aged well.."
    ~Chobsi b:cute
  • Tapion_ - Dreamweaver
    Tapion_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Last fall, way before the expansion was announced, I saw a suggestion for a fish race very similar to the Tideborn, the location for the tiderage city was even metioned quite clearly in it. Maybe the guy who made that thread should be rewarded o.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Charly - Heavens Tear
    Charly - Heavens Tear Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Wouldn't having the suggestion actually implemented be reward enough? b:surrender
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Wouldn't having the suggestion actually implemented be reward enough? b:surrender

Have you noticed how rare our suggestions are implemented?

I do believe we should at least be mentioned when our suggestions are implemented, since listening is the key to learn, and it would be really rewarding to see a "Thanks to: <Insert your name here>" after something you suggested is implemented, but since that is not done, we should at least get cookies or something.
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    yea it would be nice but do you rlly think the company will do it i dontb:infuriatedb:scornb:avoid
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
    edited February 2010
    Options
    =O fish i wanna cookie! b:sad

• Aedrian - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Yes, please insert cookie as displayed:

:-(
    :-I
    :-[]
    :-[] <~~ (".:)
    *nomnomnom*
    :-)

P.D.: That was a chocolate chip cookie

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Yes, please insert cookie as displayed:

:-(
    :-I
    :-[]
    :-[] <~~ (".:)
    *nomnomnom*
    :-)

P.D.: That was a chocolate chip cookie

I approve of this.

ಥ_ಥ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Shredclaw - Sanctuary
    Shredclaw - Sanctuary Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Are you kidding?..
    Same Sex Marriage
    Same Sex Embrace
    Veno/Barb True Forms.
    Etc, Most ideas come up a lot.

You forgot to mention same sex marriage.
    I used to wonder why I would have these scary dreams every month. About the wolf, who kept running through town. And as I wondered, I also thought about how I couldn't remember having those dreams before being bitten by this very big dog...

But now I know the truth.
    And I am not afraid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Seriously, PWI devs made too much handouts for you guys, isn't that going a little too far now?

Wafflefail on sanctuary and other idiots already been handed out a lot and talking smack.

Answer is no.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ^this lolz