The Origin of our Names

Comments

• NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Well I'm Irish, and there is a godess in Irish mythology named Aine, who among other things is associated with the sun. So I was thinking, sun = light, and combined the two into Lightaine! Besides Lightaine is sooooo pwetty for a name don't you think?

Lol GTFO nab
  • WhiteEther - Raging Tide
    WhiteEther - Raging Tide Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Final Fantasy spell

FF item here, I just added "White" when I was creating the char and decided to have white eyes and hair.

;P
  • Accel - Raging Tide
    Accel - Raging Tide Posts: 673 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Muffins was already taken. b:sad
    And cupcakes are relatives to muffins, so Cupcake was my next pick. b:cute

I don't really even like cupcakes all that much... >.>

But cupcakes are so good D:. Hmm. Some of these are pretty interesting, Keep it rolling~
    You can't see me b:avoid.
  • Azula - Raging Tide
    Azula - Raging Tide Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Azula - Had a Cleric on Sanc called AzulaHime, got the Azula frm Avatar...I love that bish<3 Heartless creepy girl...didnt work well on my cleric as clerics heal Xd
    but fits my assasin perfectly :'D

Sunbreeze - My Veno alt..well she somehow has that summer looking..like bunny ears, tanned skin, blondee hair and blue eyes...so blondee hair=sun...blue eyes=breeze<-from wind and such xD

AsheIia - Ashelia was taken so I used a big I as l...xD Loved the name from FF and just decided to take it<3

See a lil story about each of my chars in my siggi =O
    They explain stuff as wellb:pleased
    Born as a Sin,
    living a life full of death.
    The crimson liquid colored the snow,
    the eyes full of agony, you don't wanna know. ~Azula, Assasin, Infamy

Arcrueid...reroll...NAO!b:angry
  • FapFapFap - Raging Tide
    FapFapFap - Raging Tide Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Urm...do I have to explain? b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Catsnap - Heavens Tear
    Catsnap - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I like names that can be read in many many different ways depending on the reader and his schemas so...
    Cat's nap
    Cats' nap
    Cats nap

and the most favourited of them all ...
    Cat snap
    :D
  • Soujiro_Z - Raging Tide
    Soujiro_Z - Raging Tide Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I like names that can be read in many many different ways depending on the reader and his schemas so...
    Cat's nap
    Cats' nap
    Cats nap

and the most favourited of them all ...
    Cat snap
    :D

what about
    ca tsnap

catsn ap

ca tsnap

cat sn ap

b:chuckle
  • Catsnap - Heavens Tear
    Catsnap - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    what about
    ca tsnap

catsn ap

ca tsnap

cat sn ap

b:chuckle

lol whatever suits you the best b:chuckle to me it's cat snap I love your name by the way... reminds me of a character in rurouni kenshin
  • Soujiro_Z - Raging Tide
    Soujiro_Z - Raging Tide Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    lol whatever suits you the best b:chuckle to me it's cat snap I love your name by the way... reminds me of a character in rurouni kenshin

is from ruroni kenshin ^^
  • Anarchy - Raging Tide
    Anarchy - Raging Tide Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Erm, i just thought my name was kool b:cute
  • Bravery - Raging Tide
    Bravery - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I was riding the magic dragon too much.
  • Scwirpeo - Raging Tide
    Scwirpeo - Raging Tide Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    its scwirpeo cus im a beast
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Prodigy - Raging Tide
    Prodigy - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    ehh..... because it sounded beast. Then I log on to HL to find a faction with the same name...FML
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    b:chuckle This thread is also on the Off-Topic Discussion sub-forums but heres why I chose my name lol, oh yeah starting from the beginning :3

Well not all of you know, but my name is Hope in real life and anyways, I was bored one day (obviously xD) and came by this game right? Oh before I forget this is in Harshlands at the moment. So I'm thinking of a name right?

Since I can't think of a name, I go at first with random names which I can't remember at first. The characters were obvious fails and I kept on making all these alts and stuff. However at one point, I was like, "Hmm, why not use my own name?" And because of that, my blade master ForeverHope was made.

However, about a month or two into the game, I decided to make a cleric because well, this guild I was in had like no clerics and I wanted to help the guild right? Thinking for another name, I'm stumped and can't think of a good name for a cleric.

Then I think, "Wait, ForeverHope, I used my name there, why can't I do the same again?" So I'm thinking of names that end with Hope. After a billion minutes, I go "I'm Hope, I'm being Hope, Hope, Being, Hope, Being... Being Hope... BeingHope!" and thats how my name was started out.

After that, I made all of these characters that ended with Hope and I joined 4/5 servers (Now 5/6) as BeingHope. The reason its 4/5 was because someone took my name in another server! b:shocked

So thats how I became BeingHope really b:chuckle And please, don't call me Being or BH... It confuses me xD I'm just Hope if you didn't know lol.

But yah, thats me b:laugh
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • Accel - Raging Tide
    edited February 2010
    b:chuckle This thread is also on the Off-Topic Discussion sub-forums but heres why I chose my name lol, oh yeah starting from the beginning :3

Well not all of you know, but my name is Hope in real life and anyways, I was bored one day (obviously xD) and came by this game right? Oh before I forget this is in Harshlands at the moment. So I'm thinking of a name right?

Since I can't think of a name, I go at first with random names which I can't remember at first. The characters were obvious fails and I kept on making all these alts and stuff. However at one point, I was like, "Hmm, why not use my own name?" And because of that, my blade master ForeverHope was made.

However, about a month or two into the game, I decided to make a cleric because well, this guild I was in had like no clerics and I wanted to help the guild right? Thinking for another name, I'm stumped and can't think of a good name for a cleric.

Then I think, "Wait, ForeverHope, I used my name there, why can't I do the same again?" So I'm thinking of names that end with Hope. After a billion minutes, I go "I'm Hope, I'm being Hope, Hope, Being, Hope, Being... Being Hope... BeingHope!" and thats how my name was started out.

After that, I made all of these characters that ended with Hope and I joined 4/5 servers (Now 5/6) as BeingHope. The reason its 4/5 was because someone took my name in another server! b:shocked

So thats how I became BeingHope really b:chuckle And please, don't call me Being or BH... It confuses me xD I'm just Hope if you didn't know lol.

But yah, thats me b:laugh

tl;dr
    10char
  • _____ - Raging Tide
    _____ - Raging Tide Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    The economy these days hit us all pretty hard. So, i couldn't afford letters... b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Azula - Raging Tide
    edited February 2010
    The economy these days hit us all pretty hard. So, i couldn't afford letters... b:cry

Win b:laugh
    Born as a Sin,

• zack7647
    zack7647 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I wanted to name my barb BIGSLAMEb:laughb:laugh

but instead i went with Z_Barb because i didnt like it once i seen what it looked likeb:sad
  • Myrtle - Raging Tide
    Myrtle - Raging Tide Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Myrtle
    hmm i like it ! and i tho Azula will name her vodoo puppet after me *>( she named it Kanade >((*
    ☺☻i allow u to troll now!☺☻

heya pimp!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Each time the sun goes down,
    I remember that somewhere near,
    It's spreding its first morning sunshines.
    b:shy
  • Helr - Raging Tide
    Helr - Raging Tide Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Used this name in sanctuary and wanted my friends there to be able to find me
    He(a)l(e)r

Yeah, i really do have that little imagination. b:embarrass
  • Kali - Raging Tide
    Kali - Raging Tide Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    The name Kali comes from the hindu goddess of death and destruction. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ShadowStorm - Raging Tide
    ShadowStorm - Raging Tide Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Shadow represents darkness (going demon at lv 90) and Storm because I took Raging Tide server by storm

Therefore: ShadowStorm
    As I look to the Horizon, I know danger is coming
    Fearing my power as a BladeMaster may not be enough,
    Ninja and Samarai skills failing, I look for someone to help avert the incoming disaster. Who will answer my call? Will it be the seeker? Or the Mystic? Or even an Earthguard at all...
    All I know is Darkness has come once again.
    And this time Light may not be enough to repel it...
    Genesis is upon us. Are you prepared for it?
  • MadamVixen - Heavens Tear
    MadamVixen - Heavens Tear Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    For my main Veno I automatically thought of Vixen, but wanted something a bit different then just that. So, I came up with Madam to put in front of it, as I'm married in RL (to my in-game hubby) and Miss isn't really an option anymore LOL Funny part is I didn't know, at the time, that my hubby named his main Barb MasterLucian (Lucian from Underworld - he added the Master since it alone was already taken) - guess it was meant to be for us :D

As for my main alt Cleric Narielle - I got that off a website with an Elven Name Generator. My last name came up as "Nariel" so I added the extra "LE" at the end to make it feminine and prettier :D

My Archer Audriela I got her name off of a meaning of names website where I created a variation on Audry (which means noble strength) by adding the "iela" at the end instead :D

My Wiz Alleandra I also got off a meaning of names website. I created it as a slight variation on Alandra (meaning defender of Man) by adding another "L" and an "E" in there :D

My 2 Pyschics Ianassa and Klaea are names of a type of Sea Nymphs called The Nereides found in Homer's The Odyssey :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <3 Married to MasterLucian <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

=ಢಿ.ಢಿ= <--- Foxy-Sauce-Face (Thx to **KonariRaiden** :D)
  • Azula - Raging Tide
    edited February 2010
    Myrtle
    hmm i like it ! and i tho Azula will name her vodoo puppet after me *>( she named it Kanade >((*
    ☺☻i allow u to troll now!☺☻

heya pimp!

Wrong Babe I named it Kansher...a mixture between Kanade and Asherb:laugh
    Born as a Sin,

• Accel - Raging Tide
    edited February 2010
    The name Kali comes from the hindu goddess of death and destruction. b:laugh

Should've named your nix Kali, not yourself b:sinb:heart
  • TheLastBarb - Raging Tide
    TheLastBarb - Raging Tide Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    The Last Barb a.k.a The Last Barb Ever.........

oh kali..........isn't "kali" the name of goddess in Hindu religion?
    Well here I am.....Now who wants their face screwed up by my paw? b:laugh
  • Peenie - Raging Tide
    Peenie - Raging Tide Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    some girl i know who came with me from dreamweaver asked me to name myself like this i didnt like it but she told she wouldnt play with me if i didnt name it peenie >.> so .... but i regret it now x.x :cry....
  • Tyng - Raging Tide
    Tyng - Raging Tide Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Pick a random word in dictionary.

*flips through book with closed eyes*

This is hard, better use my hands

*flips through book with hands, and has his eyes closed*

Word found: IGNITE

Need a non-word name, or else it's lame.

IGNITE backwards is ETINGI

Etingi...no, too weird sounding

Eting? No...

Ting? That's a sound effect, but I can replace the vowel

Tang, Teng, Ting, Tong, Tung, or sometimes Tyng

Tyng sounds alright.
  • UltraStatic - Raging Tide
    UltraStatic - Raging Tide Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    named my bong static. >.> so thats where it came from
    It wasn't me!
    [SIGPIC]http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu307/StarChieff/UltraSonic-1.gif[/SIGPIC]
    Proud Member of the WHO DAT NATION!!!
  • Fate - Raging Tide
    Fate - Raging Tide Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Fate. It sounds cool?b:victory