edited February 2010
    Options
    I think it The game has strayed from the mythology just a little bit x.x
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    it hazz but can we at least keep the little bit thatz left.. plz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • Severinus - Dreamweaver
    Severinus - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Yeah, for the most part, I agree that we should.

But, Male veno's wouldn't be that bad, it would get annoying with other guys hitting on you jsut cause your a veno.
  • Catsnap - Heavens Tear
    Catsnap - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Not to take sides here, but common forum etiquette is to look for the most recently posted thread on the topic (With the handy search function!) and add to it, rather than starting a new thread.

It just helps cut down on clutter. =)

well said.

besides, I do believe in the only and one reason which stands firm opposing the creation of a female barb or male veno :
    b:spit - b:spit - b:spit
  • Tapion_ - Dreamweaver
    Tapion_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Not to take sides here, but common forum etiquette is to look for the most recently posted thread on the topic (With the handy search function!) and add to it, rather than starting a new thread.

What would help is if the GMs would take notice of suggestions that keep popping up for once and make one sticky.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Severinus - Dreamweaver
    Severinus - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

Nevermind, lolz, I wasnt even paying attention to what i was postiong
  • Lycan_Knight - Dreamweaver
    Lycan_Knight - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

A few explanations for my response methodology:

1)A vast majority of new players, or players who are new to the forums, neglect to look at the general rules. This leads to massive repetition for suggestions. Unfortunately, I'm somewhat of an optimist when it comes to suggestions, so I'll head into each thread and at least look around to see if I can help an idea along.

2)Lack of Developed or Coherent thought. 4 sentences does not even come close to a well thought out suggestion. If the topic poster were to have put a little thought into it, perhaps given some ideas as to how the idea could have been implemented, a far kinder response from myself would be seen. As it is right now, it seems as if the original poster is just lazy or unwilling to have a class of the opposite gender than themselves, and isn't willing to say more than the general idea of "it's unfair that untamed can't be both genders. Fix it".

3) Duplicate thread. You're right that I should have left it alone. However, looking at post times, there was another, better developed thread about untamed customization posted a few hours before, leaving it sitting on the front page of the suggestion box. You can't tell me that the poster couldn't have gone there and posted. I barely understand the logic of not using the search function, if only because a lack of defined terms makes for a hard to navigate results page. Not looking down the front page of where you plan on putting a topic? Utter laziness.

Now, I could go into the full reasoning as to why this won't happen, but I'm tired and don't really feel like getting into it. Use that elusive search function and figure it out yourselves. I'm done.

Oh, and if you want to be a tiger, make a Barbarian. There are plenty of players in-game that don't have characters matching their gender. And you've probably played single player games where you didn't share a gender with the main character, too. So the logic that "I'm not comfortable representing myself as another gender is relatively flimsy.

Taranta, you still didn't have to do that **** >.> when i went through the search it only came up with ONE thread for gender change. i came across this by doing a search completely off topic >.<

second, the way you say ppl are lazy is untrue. like me, they may have just typed in the bare minimul they needed to look for in hopes of getting more threads but only got ONE. -.-
  • bm2k7
    bm2k7 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i find it quite fustrating when im playing a veno and guys are sending request to carry and kiss me when im a guy my other reason for male venomancers is that some boys want to have a male chars that can tame mobs and get married to a female venomancer or any other female chars. my reason for female barbs is that alot of female players are fed up of being a fox and want to be a tiger and still be their own gender
  • I_Snipe - Lost City
    I_Snipe - Lost City Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    if they really want to implement this, they also have to focus on keeping with the gender. Say for example,
    The Lion Barbarian has a mane [which is a characteristic of the male lion]. For a female Lion Barbarian, that mane would be taken away to indicate that it is a female. They could also look towards Pokemon for guidance. The majority of the Pokemon look the same, but vary in small ways. Usually the female has shorter/smaller hair/horns/etc.

But at the moment, i would much rather see Barbs in their true form rather than a white tiger. [No idea how they would implement the Venos]

i dont mind guys carrying my veno. Free chi ^^
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    if they really want to implement this, they also have to focus on keeping with the gender. Say for example,
    The Lion Barbarian has a mane [which is a characteristic of the male lion]. For a female Lion Barbarian, that mane would be taken away to indicate that it is a female. They could also look towards Pokemon for guidance. The majority of the Pokemon look the same, but vary in small ways. Usually the female has shorter/smaller hair/horns/etc.

But at the moment, i would much rather see Barbs in their true form rather than a white tiger. [No idea how they would implement the Venos]

i dont mind guys carrying my veno. Free chi ^^

That is because the white tiger is most powerful animal..... Even male humans were believed to turn into white tigers and help guide the armies to victory when they were killed (assuming they were a well liked and fearless general).

Forget the name barbarian, that is a bad translation for the class... Also, if you read the skill name, the tiger form is their "TRUE form", so everyone really is a white tiger, they just get an option as to what they want to look like when not in true form.

I for one hope they do not change the untamed. It is nice to play a class that sticks closer to the mythology.

Asking for Venos to be male and Barb to be female is the same as asking for Elves to have scales and breath underwater... Or to ask for male amazon warriors....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Fox_Angel - Harshlands
    Fox_Angel - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

A few explanations for my response methodology:

1)A vast majority of new players, or players who are new to the forums, neglect to look at the general rules. This leads to massive repetition for suggestions. Unfortunately, I'm somewhat of an optimist when it comes to suggestions, so I'll head into each thread and at least look around to see if I can help an idea along.

2)Lack of Developed or Coherent thought. 4 sentences does not even come close to a well thought out suggestion. If the topic poster were to have put a little thought into it, perhaps given some ideas as to how the idea could have been implemented, a far kinder response from myself would be seen. As it is right now, it seems as if the original poster is just lazy or unwilling to have a class of the opposite gender than themselves, and isn't willing to say more than the general idea of "it's unfair that untamed can't be both genders. Fix it".

3) Duplicate thread. You're right that I should have left it alone. However, looking at post times, there was another, better developed thread about untamed customization posted a few hours before, leaving it sitting on the front page of the suggestion box. You can't tell me that the poster couldn't have gone there and posted. I barely understand the logic of not using the search function, if only because a lack of defined terms makes for a hard to navigate results page. Not looking down the front page of where you plan on putting a topic? Utter laziness.

Now, I could go into the full reasoning as to why this won't happen, but I'm tired and don't really feel like getting into it. Use that elusive search function and figure it out yourselves. I'm done.

Oh, and if you want to be a tiger, make a Barbarian. There are plenty of players in-game that don't have characters matching their gender. And you've probably played single player games where you didn't share a gender with the main character, too. So the logic that "I'm not comfortable representing myself as another gender is relatively flimsy.

ehhh don't feel like reading all of that...but you are being a bit harsh
    Nuclear launch detected.

KainAlon: OOOMMMGGGGG
    Xenark: HOLY!!! It's the end of the world....Maybe?
    Cackle: OH GOD A NUCLEAR LAUNCH
    Hermit_Sage: Take Cover
    Kaalt: holy shea we doomed
    xluthienx: OMG PWI HAS A SENSE OF HUMOR
    Crescentia: EVERYONE GRAB A CLERIC AND MAKE THEM BB
    Slodki_PL: AAAAA EVERYBODY DOWN!!!
    Vodevil: GMs are drunks
    Fox_Angel: The bomb was detected but never went off.....darn it
    Saya_: Its still flying here
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    iz it just me or wuz this necro'd
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • konariraiden
    konariraiden Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    *scans dates really quick*

Yeah. It was necro'd back from February to March...and one month is the necro period, I believe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I present to you the winner of Konari's Signature Contest...SilversMoon from Heaven's Tear!
This discussion has been closed.