Give us SAGE/DEMON reset note!

urbandetox
urbandetox Posts: 54 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Suggestion Box
Alright PWI... we have all kinds of reset note for everything. There's the multiple kinds of stats reset, the makeover scroll, the genie affinity, and genie stat resets. How about giving us a reset note for SAGE/DEMON?

Virtually everything in PWI can be re-done, so why not the sage/demon celestial? A lot of people didn't really know what they were doing when they were at 89. (i.e. me... b:cry) So how about let us have a second chance to correct the mistake made at lv 89.

Heck, make it really expensive for all I care. Make the reset note 100 gold each! Make it a luxury item for PWI to make money on. But at least give us a chance!
Post edited by urbandetox on

Comments

• ladyamen
    ladyamen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    yea its hard enought to choose
    a chance to try out and to change your mind would be the best thing ever!
    couse a level 80+ character is a really hard work and if you made just one discision wrong, its horrible to throw the character away, couse you cant play the way you hoped for it b:surrender
  • Alexenokin - Lost City
    Alexenokin - Lost City Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    firstly, let me go ahead and blow your idea out of the water. they'll never implement this, because not only would they have to code it to reset you to a previous cultivation level, but it would have to reset your demon/sage upgraded skills back to level 10... which that kind of coding can glitch out all to hell

secondly, if they DID make this happen (and actually made it without bugs)... it would most certainly cost well over 100$... probably closer to $200-300 like the battle pet packs (if not more, considering what a HUGE change this is)

then again, i'm all for this, you have my support 100% (i'm serious, no joke)
    I have officially "won the game"... Actually, I decided it was time to leave.
    Joined sometime in March of 2009 - right after Dreamweaver opening.
    Retired on March 16, 2010... 1 year later...
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    if its very expensive im all for it tht way if you dont like 1 culti you can save to reset
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • ladykirika
    ladykirika Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    firstly, let me go ahead and blow your idea out of the water. they'll never implement this, because not only would they have to code it to reset you to a previous cultivation level, but it would have to reset your demon/sage upgraded skills back to level 10... which that kind of coding can glitch out all to hell

This depends on how they stored the skill level in their database. If it's just stored as level 11, then they don't have to do anything. The upgraded demon/sage skill will just become the other type if you reset the cultivation level. Of course, they should make it expensive to reset so to prevent people from buying rare skills of the different cult just to reset to get that skill.

I think it's all do-able and not that hard to implement. I'm all for it too! Make it happen plz!
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    ladykirika wrote: »
    This depends on how they stored the skill level in their database. If it's just stored as level 11, then they don't have to do anything.

There's no way in hell they made it that simple.b:surrender

The amount of work it would take for them to implement such a thing would be enormous and I'm not sure if they'd get as many buyers as you think. Most people know which path they want to take once they reach level 89 and while some may regret their choice, most are quite happy with their chosen cultivation.

It's not like a veno's herc/nix where there almost every veno is aiming to acquire one or both (so basically a guaranteed $150-$400 for PWE per veno). Only those who made a mistake and would be willing to pay the, most likely, huge cost would pay for such an item.
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    Technotic - Sanctuary Posts: 591 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    The person asks you like 12 times before you choose quest. You should ask around before getting into anything that big. Fail Suggestion
    Say my name 3 times, I dare you.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    so um to teh OP what class/cultivation did you choose?
    b:puzzled
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • urbandetox
    edited February 2010
    The person asks you like 12 times before you choose quest. You should ask around before getting into anything that big. Fail Suggestion

Actually, asking around was what caused my problem. I was planning to go demon, but I asked around and EVERYONE (and I mean like 10-15 high level people) told me demon was a mistake and I should go sage. So, I listened and went sage instead.
    so um to teh OP what class/cultivation did you choose?
    b:puzzled

I went Sage Barb... and regretting every minute of it.
  • Chobsi - Heavens Tear
    Chobsi - Heavens Tear Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    You should know something about Sage/Demon by 89 I would think...
    You can look at skills in game if you dont use forums.. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Chobsi the only thing your good at is making your character look good, otherwise your fail"
    "Did that 95 BM just kill himself to your Herc? Mmm..Yep"
    "Oh that thing I thought was a statue, it 1 shot me, switch to your cleric please"
    "So that Hercules guy from the disney movie really aged well.."
    ~Chobsi b:cute
  • urbandetox
    edited February 2010
    You should know something about Sage/Demon by 89 I would think...
    You can look at skills in game if you dont use forums.. b:surrender

I spent days looking through the skills, class guides, and reading the forum for suggestions. Problem is, back then when I hit 89, there weren't as many discussions as there is today. I had assumed that the guides and people who posted in the forum back then knew what they were talking about, but I was wrong. b:sad
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Since level 1, I was researching my choice. I found I wanted to hit very fast and have insane crit rate. I'm at 42% crit without any skills and my hit rate is ~0.8 because i went demon. Over the next few levels I calculated out to get over 1.0 hit rate. All because I went demon. Also gives me a few crit/speed perks.

There are plenty of sites that give you information on this. Reset Note = Fail

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • urbandetox
    edited February 2010
    Don't like it? Don't use it... No one is forcing you to get it.

Why do we have makeover scrolls then? After all, you know exactly how your character can look from day 1.
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    urbandetox wrote: »
    Don't like it? Don't use it... No one is forcing you to get it.

Why do we have makeover scrolls then? After all, you know exactly how your character can look from day 1.

A reason might be because as new equipment and gears are introduced into the game, the requirements for stats also vary. It would be a bit unfair if the current endgame gear only required X amount of points in a stat, so you split your stats accordingly. Then a month later, they release something better with higher requirements. Since you've already spent your points, it would kind of suck to not be able to use the new gear.

Just my speculation. I've always thought by level 89, you'd know what you want to do with your character, and if you really wanted to make the right choice, you'd do your research beforehand.

Personally I'm going demon, and I know I'm not going to regret it. I think this game has enough babying that cultivation differences are one of the few things that are "be careful with what you choose, because you can't turn back".

As well, what people said before. The amount of programming to de-level all your skills back to level 10 et cetera is tremendous.

I really hope this doesn't happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Ugh, this is a bad, bad idea. By allowing the reset of just about everything, you take away any challenge in the game, since you can just reset whatever you want and do it correctly.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    Aedrian - Lost City Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    There are resets for everything already, Why not for Demon / Sage?

Even if they were to lose the lvl 11 skill they had already obtained, that would simply be the price to pay (Plus a mega load of money).

And if I have learnt my lesson, PWE wants money, Right? So, one more reset note, the Sage / Demon reset note FTW!

I have been investigating about Demon / Sage since I was 7x, but that is because I plan ahead most of the time, but not everybody does that, and since I am going Demon, I already got a few of the skills, bot not everybody does that, as well, not everybody has THAT ammount of time available to research and troll the forums as I do.
    <"shameless self-bump :D" Alexenokin - Lost City>
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

*WTB: -12~-18% chan stuff, pm me in here or in game for details*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • urbandetox
    edited February 2010
    Ugh, this is a bad, bad idea. By allowing the reset of just about everything, you take away any challenge in the game, since you can just reset whatever you want and do it correctly.

Why is doing something correctly a bad idea? Do you think you'll have fun knowing your character is all screwed up and can't do a thing about it?

Look at it this way. If you're lv 100 and because you were a noob/drunk/asked the wrong person/didn't know any better/etc when you selected the wrong culti at 89 and don't enjoy it at all. What are you going to do now? Restart from lv 1? I doubt it. Most likely, you're going to QUIT THE GAME. Now, I'm sure some people will just say "good riddance!"... but any loss of player is BAD for PWI and all players. Less players, less interaction, less income for PWI, and the game will slowly die off.

The alternative is to provide a culti reset scroll. If you really want it bad enough, then pay for the reset scroll. You'll end up happy, able to correct your mistake. PWI makes some money selling the scroll. Win win situation for everyone!
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Doesn't it say right before you choose in big red letters "You cannot go back, make SURE this is what you want" or something similar?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • urbandetox
    edited February 2010
    Doesn't it say right before you choose in big red letters "You cannot go back, make SURE this is what you want" or something similar?

Yes, but how many people really know what they want when they're at lv 89 and what the game will become a year in the future? The decision made at the time could be the correct one at the time, but it may not be the correct one today because the game is different now.

Like Asperitas mentioned earlier, PWI is changing constantly. People make choices based on how the game is at the moment, but the game has changed. New gear has been added, new classes added, existing skills changed. So how can players know the future changes and make an informed decision?
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    urbandetox wrote: »
    Yes, but how many people really know what the game will become a year in the future? The decision made at lv 89 could be the correct one at the time, but it may not be the correct one today because the game is different now.

Like Asperitas mentioned earlier, PWI is changing constantly. People make choices based on how the game is at the moment, but the game has changed. New gear has been added, new classes added, existing skills changed. So how can players know the future changes and make an informed decision?

I kind of feel that it comes with the game. Games wouldn't be challenging at all if every time something goes wrong, you scream "DO OVER" and buy something to change what you just screwed up. I like that sage and demon are locked because it forces people to actually make an attempt to learn what they want in their class, and not just stumble along blindly, which you could do until 89.

Honestly, I haven't seen many threads saying that any class and cultivation that was useful before is now useless, so I don't see any changes that have made cultivations entirely obsolete (if they weren't already). So I'm not sure where you're coming from with that one, unless you have an example for me?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
  • urbandetox
    edited February 2010
    Honestly, I haven't seen many threads saying that any class and cultivation that was useful before is now useless, so I don't see any changes that have made cultivations entirely obsolete (if they weren't already). So I'm not sure where you're coming from with that one, unless you have an example for me?

Playing style.

The sage/demon has different bonuses on the same skills, but their biggest difference is that they give a different playing style. Before 89, players can just stumble along like you said. The content of the game at lv 100 is different than at 89, and playing style is different too. How you play the game at 89 would probably not be the same by the time you hit 100... not to mention by then, there will be plenty of new gears/changes that make things completely different. (Can we say Tideborn, Nirvana, Anni packs and Coral packs?)
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    1: There is no reset for sex of an avatar
    2: There is no reset for skills
    3: There is no reset for binding an item
    4: Some things just shouldn't be reset in this game: Sage/Demon is one of them.

I mean, the dude asks you if you're sure like 12 times. Something that big you should put some more research into. If you mess up sage/demon, you're an idiot.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited February 2010

Depends.

For example, a lot of old school pure axe BM's used to go sage before the anniversary packs started chucking -int gear at us and players discovered fists were actually good and demon sparked helped them a lot more.

Have to agree it'd probably be impossible to implement though.
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    I mean, the dude asks you if you're sure like 12 times. Something that big you should put some more research into. If you mess up sage/demon, you're an idiot.

No flaming! And hey, bad choices are made, that is what reset notes are for.

Gender reset? That would destroy the Marriage Quest, and the gender limited classes
    Skill reset? Descriptions are clearly stated on the skill description before you upgrade
    Unbinding charm? I would love one, but despite that, you don't have to use your binded gear all the time, and you can as well destroy it
    Sage/Demon reset? There is no place in game to check every single skill with their real full description, not even AH, since not all the skills are available at all times, therefore, since you have reset notes for players and genies, I do support this suggestion.

(Btw, good comment _DarkSeph_ b:victory)
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    There is no place in game to check every single skill with their real full description, not even AH, since not all the skills are available at all times, therefore, since you have reset notes for players and genies, I do support this suggestion.

http://www.ecatomb.net/

With such a big decision, I don't think I know anyone who doesn't use this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    http://www.ecatomb.net/

With such a big decision, I don't think I know anyone who doesn't use this.

Hate to disagree with you my dear, but I do know ppl who is enough of a noob not to know of that site. PWE should post the entire skill guide and information for players to be able to choose and have no excuse to ask for reset notes.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Hate to disagree with you my dear, but I do know ppl who is enough of a noob not to know of that site. PWE should post the entire skill guide and information for players to be able to choose and have no excuse to ask for reset notes.

I would be fine with them posting the entire skill guide instead of reset notes. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    And this is why I love to discuss things with you, you are smart and rational, my dear, so, GM / Devs / Forum Admins / Helpful players, create the full skill guide, and if possible add comments. (Such as the fact that Sage DB would steal agro with the stun and get you killed while doing rebirth)

Why am I not doing the guide you ask? Easy enough, because I am not even at the level to choose Sage or Demon, and all my knowledge is stolen from other people.

But as a help to the ones who actually made a horrible mistake, I do believe they should do a 3 day sale of reset notes for Sage / Demon, and if you did not made the change then, sorry.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    My take on this is this:

If you are going to be stuck with something, you have to be sure to do the research. You are not going to relie solely on others to make the decision for you.

Also, there are numerous ways to research yours skills and the potential of going either direction. You can talk to people, search the numerous forums/sites dedicated to PW, search these forums, review outside database sources such as etatomb, etc.

Another common misconception is that you HAVE to pick which direction you are going right when you turn level 89. You can wait, it is not that huge of a deal.

I almost liken this to buyer beware....you have to know what you are paying for and what you are going to get.

Should they ever implement something like this, I think that the people who use the reset would be sorry because you would then have to re-learn/find your skills again and that is quite a bit of $$ and Spirit.

Side Note --> Sage Barbs are AMAZING!!! b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Side Note --> Nice signature RedRose, I love it.

We are indeed required to research before choosing a path, not only for sage / demon but for builds, weapons, and even fashion, that is why I see reset notes and think that if stats can be changed, same for Sage / Demon skills.

Anyway, the price to pay would be losing the spirit and money spent on those skills, the gold for the note itself and the public shame when we see your fairy change, and if you ask me, they should make them run culti again, just to pay for their mistake.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Side Note --> Nice signature RedRose, I love it.

We are indeed required to research before choosing a path, not only for sage / demon but for builds, weapons, and even fashion, that is why I see reset notes and think that if stats can be changed, same for Sage / Demon skills.

Anyway, the price to pay would be losing the spirit and money spent on those skills, the gold for the note itself and the public shame when we see your fairy change, and if you ask me, they should make them run culti again, just to pay for their mistake.

tyvm...it was made by a good friend...Although I have Black Hair now as of yesterday b:victory

I do not know, all I know is that you are asked more then a few times and like I stated above, you do not have to do it that second. The only time that I might consider this a good idea is for those who did not understand the quest and went to the wrong guide by mistake....but even then, there is nothing that can be done about it...you just have to be careful b:surrender

Tough call....I could just see this being abused for some reason...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous