Zen In England.

Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Cash Shop Huddle
Hi, just a quick question for those that live in England b:pleased. How do you guys charge zen and whats the easiest way to do it. I don't have a credit card so we can rule that out b:chuckle.

Obviously if your not from England there is no reason for you to post.

Thanks all b:thanks.
Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
Post edited by Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Feroxine - Lost City
    Feroxine - Lost City Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I personally use PayPal, but without a credit/debit card, that wouldn't really be an option for you. As far as I know, you could purchase Zen using your mobile phone, but the 'exchange rate' is rather poor.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I personally have a savings account. I don't have my own Paypal account or credit card.

I'm considering upgrading my own bank account soon and getting a Paypal account, but until then, I have my mom put money onto this game for me and square up with her immediately afterwards.

I like being able to pay only 36 pounds to get $50. =3 Sometimes the exchange rate is in our favour. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Feroxine - Lost City
    Feroxine - Lost City Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I personally have a savings account. I don't have my own Paypal account or credit card.

I'm considering upgrading my own bank account soon and getting a Paypal account, but until then, I have my mom put money onto this game for me and square up with her immediately afterwards.

I like being able to pay only 36 pounds to get $50. =3 Sometimes the exchange rate is in our favour. xD

T'is a shame that the exchange rate isn't at pre-recession levels! I miss the days where we could get over $2 to the pound b:sad
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    T'is a shame that the exchange rate isn't at pre-recession levels! I miss the days where we could get over $2 to the pound b:sad

Agreed. Those were the days. ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    Thanks guys, i have a paypal set up to my debit card but its got a 7-9 transfer time from my bank to the paypal account and thats waaaaaaaay to long lol, ill need my TT90 soon as possible and since its near impossible for me to get it without charging zen to see the gold at ridiculous amount i've no choice b:chuckle.

Airyll - How does your mom put money onto the game cause i might just do that.

• Edeakyria - Sanctuary
    Edeakyria - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I use my bank card and pay through the PayPal option. b:cute
  • Jonnykins - Dreamweaver
    Jonnykins - Dreamweaver Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    UKash is the best with no credit card.

Go to your corner shop and you know those yellow PAY ZONE signs? go to one of those and ask for UKash.

Same way you would to top up your phone for example.

Also the webiste can give you locations of who sells it in your areab:victory
  • maocchi
    maocchi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Likely have her use her credit card and pay her afterwards?
    That's what I did with my dad for online purchases before I got a credit card.
    edited February 2010
    UKash is the best with no credit card.

Go to your corner shop and you know those yellow PAY ZONE signs? go to one of those and ask for UKash.

Same way you would to top up your phone for example.

Also the webiste can give you locations of who sells it in your areab:victory

Sweet, i got 3 stores within a 10 minute walk, do i simply walk in and ask for x amount of ukash voucher or something?

Sorry if i sound like a total noob lol.
    maocchi wrote: »
    Likely have her use her credit card and pay her afterwards?
    That's what I did with my dad for online purchases before I got a credit card.

That rules that option out then b:chuckle.

• Jonnykins - Dreamweaver
    Jonnykins - Dreamweaver Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Sweet, i got 3 stores within a 10 minute walk, do i simply walk in and ask for x amount of ukash voucher or something?

Sorry if i sound like a total noob lol.

That rules that option out then b:chuckle.

yep, they might not of heard of it. My shop hadn't.

Just tell them its near the bottom
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Ukash is a bit fiddly with change but pretty awesome if you need to charge quick zen. Just make sure to save ALL codes it gives you if you wish to keep spare change. I usually keep a notepad file for that.

Basically you walk into the shop, and ask for say, a (EDIT: It cuts my post if I use a pound symbol lol) 20 pound ukash voucher. Then you use it online, pretty much like a phone top up. You should get your zen pretty much instantly. Definitely recommended if you don't have a credit card.
    edited February 2010
    Ukash is a bit fiddly with change but pretty awesome if you need to charge quick zen. Just make sure to save ALL codes it gives you if you wish to keep spare change. I usually keep a notepad file for that.

Basically you walk into the shop, and ask for say, a (EDIT: It cuts my post if I use a pound symbol lol) 20 pound ukash voucher. Then you use it online, pretty much like a phone top up. You should get your zen pretty much instantly. Definitely recommended if you don't have a credit card.

Ukash sounds simple then aslong as i dont lose the voucher(s) b:shocked, thanks b:thanks.
    yep, they might not of heard of it. My shop hadn't.

Just tell them its near the bottom

Ok thanks, near the bottom got it b:chuckle.

Thanks for all the replies everyone, UKash it is tomorrow morning b:thanks.

• Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010

That... would also be Paypal. =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver
    DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I use PayPal. I'm tempted to use the mobile phone gateway but you don't get very good deals from that (i.e 21 GBP for 2700 zen)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    I use PayPal. I'm tempted to use the mobile phone gateway but you don't get very good deals from that (i.e 21 GBP for 2700 zen)

Yeah, i really dont wanna use my phone my bill looks big enough as it is without making it look worse b:chuckle.
    That... would also be Paypal. =P

I think the UKash option seems the easiest and fastest way aslong as i dont fall over and lose the voucher down the drain of anything like that b:shocked. The thing that put me off paypal as soon as i had confirmed it all is when it said takes 7-9 days to transfer the funds from my bank b:surrender.

• Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    can you not get yourself a debit card? that's what i use, it wont allow you to go overdrawn.

and then i charge through paypal which seems to work
    edited February 2010
    can you not get yourself a debit card? that's what i use, it wont allow you to go overdrawn.

and then i charge through paypal which seems to work

I've already said i have a debit card and i already have a paypal account. If i were to transfer funds from my bank to paypal it says it will take 7-9 days and i dont want to wait that long. UKash is quick and simple by the sounds of it IF they do it where i live.

• DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver
    DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I've already said i have a debit card and i already have a paypal account. If i were to transfer funds from my bank to paypal it says it will take 7-9 days and i dont want to wait that long. UKash is quick and simple by the sounds of it IF they do it where i live.

If you add the debit card to your PayPal account (and verify it) you can pay straight away. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chrystinia - Sanctuary
    Chrystinia - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Do you have prepaid cards at England? Because if you do you should try those. It says the instructions on the back of them.
    A newb starting to start her journey into PWI.

Guild: SanctumRP b:thanks
  • orinj
    orinj Posts: 460 admin
    edited February 2010
    hi there. we also have wallie-card and paysafecard live in the UK.

you can find wallie locations here:
    http://www.wallie.co.uk/index.php?page=sellingpoints

i don't have the paysafecard link on hand, but they are available in the UK as well.

cheers!

orinj
    F.E.A.R. has two meanings: Forget Everything And Run - OR - Face Everything And Rise. The choice is yours, my friend.