Mods are alright to me

stooix
stooix Posts: 44 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Support Desk
So my intergrated video + sound computer not good enough to run PWI until the next patch. I was trying to get help because some think they could get it to work. Nothing new other than the pasty telling me to wait till the next patch. The mods let me get "tore-up" for AWHILE. Very forgiving imo. I guess I shouldn't try the patience of the patientless(<---did I spell that right?)

Are you guys going to deal whith the corupt verify tool in the next patch? It runs through the same files several times and delays the process.
Post edited by stooix on

Comments

• Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    We did our best to help you with what you gave us. You were quite unwilling to post anything specific in the least bit. Guess what? I run intergrated sound cards, and my Intel pc (my old one) had a integrated gpu as well. I haven't had any problems, and when I did I knew HOW to ask for help. Now, I will try this ONE more time, and that's it. Post your PC specs and MAYBE we can get you back ingame BEFORE the next patch. But this really depends on how cooperative YOU want to be.
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • stooix
    edited February 2010
    XP Service Pack 3 Home Edition

Pentium 4 2.6 GHz

512mb RAM

SoundMax Intergrated Digital Audio

Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphic Controller

Direct X 9.0c

Pretty much did every check of windows and drivers possible. Computer running ultra trim. Pages load instantly on forums. Re-installed everything sept the OS. Game doesn't want to stops crashing and zero sound. Verify still running through files more than once and takes forever. Tired of playing around with this. Tell me what to do.
  • stooix
    edited February 2010
    Also, just curious, why does PWI not show up in ADD or REMOVE and gets installed in my documents?

When you unistall the software and re-install it does problems with it occur?
  • Smarie - Sanctuary
    Smarie - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I have three identical computers. one has the patcher issue one doesn't. oh wait, one is running win7 64-bit, and on the two that are running Vista 32-bit, only one has the issue. Just close the box and click start. It's a very minor annoyance and not something to get all bent about.

oh btw, all have integrated sound cards.

P.S. get more ram. integrated video is sucking your ram. you should have a gig minimum.
  • stooix
    edited February 2010
    Thought about getting more ram and a video card for this but meh...rather get new junk. Looked at some riggs but 64 bit Windows 7 still not correct. I like to wait to get stuff till it works. Just like HD TV finally coming with the proper LED sets. Next year I prob get a new rigg and set. Until then I would like to play perfect world. What you said is of little help I'm afraid.
  • Smarie - Sanctuary
    Smarie - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Actually you can get mem chips for your build for like 15 bucks or less. You would be amazed at the amount of difference an extra gig or two will make. and your HD performance will go up too because it's not thrashing your HD writing mem to cache all the time. Also prevents your swap file from fragging the **** out of your HD.

BTW, Win7 64-bit totally rocks the house.
  • stooix
    edited February 2010
    I wouldn't spend 15 bucks on more mem for this thing. Waste of money imo. I need added video performance and not getting it from this over more mem. PCIexpress and a ton more mem where its at. I researched builds and spoke to tech guys and I need to wait on 64 bit Windows 7.

Got anything to help with the sound and crashing issues?
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    you HAVE to get more ram, pwi needs more memory. that's why it's crashing. PWIneeds 1gb EXCLUSIVE
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • stooix
    edited February 2010
    Yeah...I dont need 1 gig. Worked fine for 3 months with that config. Patch comes out and PWI not working. Tonights maintenance maybe they will fix it. 3 month of playing and only one d/c and no lag sept for west arch...I think my computer runs the game just fine.
  • stooix
    edited February 2010
    Oh yeah...I did crash the game a couple of times pressing that stoopid windows key at the bottom left of board. Looked up how to turn it off and its REALLY complicated.
  • stooix
    edited February 2010
    I was reading the 2-10-10 patch problems thread and was very interested on what files exactly was effected although the thread was closed. Sup with that? PWI trying to listening in on rant w/ mics?
  • stooix
    edited February 2010
    Going to try out the new patch but it appears players are still complaining. Please work.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Please see the patching and install info in our FAQ.

Please review the antivirus info too. Link below \/

Please let us know exactly what you tried, and what errors you got.

You can in theory play it ok on your current system config, but you are straining your system and making it work harder then it needs to, which can contribute to malfunctions. Adding more RAM might help.

You can send us a ticket to Tech Support here: http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing
    after reading this: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=2005612&postcount=33

We'll take a look at your system and see what is going on hopefully, ok? b:pleased
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • stooix
    edited February 2010
    So sad...no PWI after patch. Even ran a Uniblue driver scanner and released the compressed files during utility. Sound works fine for everything on my computer but PWI and it crashes instantly when I try to click stuff. So very dissappointed.
  • stooix
    edited February 2010
    No PWI for me. I've pretty much did everything.
This discussion has been closed.