Die all the time

Options
Krispey - Raging Tide
Krispey - Raging Tide Posts: 28 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Cleric
I have started a cleric and are lvl 22 atm, but i keep die all the time, and if im not dying, i have to use 15243 pots to get mana to heal myself. I am kinda a pure mag, put 1 str and 8-9 mag and sometimes 1 on vit. And my question is; are cleric that squisy at lvl 50 and above?? And should i change my build??

Sry for my bad english :p
Post edited by Krispey - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Faith_z - Sanctuary
    Faith_z - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I remember dying that much when i was low lvl too, its part of the game, and it will get less. A pure mag cleric (so am i) will be squishy, but you will also do a LOT of damage later on.
    I dont die on normal quests anymore, unless something goes really bad (asin getting gangbanged by mobs)

Mana.. that is something that is part of the class, you will run through mana fast. Good apothecary powders or event mp food will help instead of using the normal pots. I use a mp charm and keep it from ticking to much on quests by using normal mp pots.

Build is something much debated, there are a few good stickies on the cleric forum about builds, it all depends on what you want. I am mag build, but i have good gear (refined and socketed) to give me hp/+vit etc. Read those stickies, see what you want for yourself.

All in all, yes clerics are squishies, but have the advantage you can always heal yourself so keep yourself from dying, and you will do a lot of damage, so grinding (altho mana consuming) will be a lot easier in time.
    My caracters:
    Faith_z - 7x Cleric (main)
    HaveFaith_z - 5x Veno
    Ivory_Soul -3x Psychic

Dont give me an attitude, I got one of my own!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Saitadatude FTW :P
  • Krispey - Raging Tide
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ok good! Cause i see cleric much fun, but also another question...

On my others char im always broke... I dont use money on tele and stuff like that, and even with a veno im broke... And cleric are the most expencive class. So how can i save money?? Xp
  • Faith_z - Sanctuary
    Faith_z - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I used to always be broke as well. So again, you're not the only one. I eventually decided i needed wings and was going to save up for them, and i farmed a lot. Selling herbs (the ones i don't need for my own apothecary powders) and mats payed off for me, also grinding some mobs that drop dq items, they sell good already at the merchant, but in auction or cat shop you can ask a little more for them even.

I cant say clerics are good money makers, but i survive, and also have a lvl 40 veno, wich is a little easier cause i don't use way as much mp pots on that one so its easier to save money on that caracter.
    My caracters:
    Faith_z - 7x Cleric (main)
    HaveFaith_z - 5x Veno
    Ivory_Soul -3x Psychic

Dont give me an attitude, I got one of my own!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Saitadatude FTW :P
  • Krispey - Raging Tide
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ok thanks :)

*going on pwi, finding mats and are selling those and getting rich* :)
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    hope you put on pdef ornaments (neck belt)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    When I was low lvl I never died and never went through all that many pots.I used few pieces of LA boots mostly.I kited a lot still do as for lvl 50 go hybrid.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • LifeAfterDth - Heavens Tear
    LifeAfterDth - Heavens Tear Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Deceptistar's advice about the ornaments help alot. Im hybrid built so i have a lot more vit than normal but apart from that i use physical res ornaments and garnet shards in my gear. I dont do as much damage per hit as a pure mag build but im fairly tough and it fits my playing style.
  • Darith - Dreamweaver
    Darith - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Hey all, this is my first post on he forums so you'll probably think I'm a nub =P Well, I actually am, lol. I started playing about 2.5 weeks ago now, and I am lvl 52 on my Cleric. I am using a full attack building, going 1 str 9 mag every 2 levels. I havn't had many problems, have barely died and only recently(Yesterday) started to burn Pots grinding due to the 2x exp.

I found that getting the Zeal genie helped a lot, being able to safely draw aggro mobs is nice. Also putting the genie skill Earthquake to use has kept me alive quite a bit, and it's always a lol moment when people start spamming me about how a Cleric has a knockback.

Also, your best form of income at your lvl is probably selling your DQ mats. Don't bother doing the quests, you can get better exp/coin from just grinding the materials to sell. I'm on Vipion Revolutionary's now, and since yesterday alone I've farmed over 500k coins. It's nice, and I still make a profit from buying my pots.

I hope you don't skip my post because of it being my first, because I have put a lot of research into this character :o) I hope this post helps, because enjoying your character is a great thing!!!
  • Sylredrae - Sanctuary
    Sylredrae - Sanctuary Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I remember dyring a lot when I first started playing, but it'll get better the more you play your class. The more you learn about being a cleric, the less you'll die in instances and on questing. Keep in mind though though that there are bad squads that'll give you a tough time staying alive sometimes due to the cleric aggro issue.

Also, I don't have any problems with your build at all, but I'd like to say that adding a bit of vit does help with survival. I'm not pure mag, but the extra vit has allowed me to survive an extra hit from mobs... it's a lifesaver honestly, and it does help when grinding mobs or for emergencies when you get aggro from mobs instances for various reasons. Getting vit from shards is another option, but you should also consider garnets... clerics often lack physical defence, and quite a few mobs rely heavily on physical attacks.

As for making money, sell DQ stuff and once you hit lvl 60, do TT as much as you can. TT mats are harder to get in a full squad because the drops are split, but the ones from bosses sell for a lot. You can also try setting up a catshop when you're away at work or school... just keep an eye out for the competition because people might be selling the same thing you are for a cheaper price nearby. ^^
    Syredrae ~ lvl 100 Cleric (main character)

Auryl ~ lvl 100 Venomancer

Mainas ~ lvl 80 Barbarian

Suirune ~ lvl 2X Psychic
  • Miasora - Lost City
    Miasora - Lost City Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I have started a cleric and are lvl 22 atm, but i keep die all the time, and if im not dying, i have to use 15243 pots to get mana to heal myself. I am kinda a pure mag, put 1 str and 8-9 mag and sometimes 1 on vit. And my question is; are cleric that squisy at lvl 50 and above?? And should i change my build??

It's ok, me too and everyone went through that hard time. Dying a lot against physical mobs and spending so much pots to survive, is just "typical" cleric on low level. But, once you hit 40, 50 and 60+, there'll be more and more magic mobs to kill. So everything's gonna be easier for us :)

But its true that cleric is expensive, so if you're not in rush, try to meditate/ farm mats between each kill. But if you want to rush, keep your mp filled and wisely use IB to stay alive while killing. Sell the drops (DQ items etc.), then buy another mp pots. Oh, if you're tired/ bored killing mobs, go farming for coins :D

Going AoE grinding with a BM/ Barb, Zhen with Wiz/ Archers and HH run is also an alternative to get some coins for cleric on later level ^.^

About your build, it's ok. Pure mag cleric kills faster and have more mag/mp. But, try to add some Vit to have more HP to survive more :) And you can, just as many people recommended, use protection necklace/belt to have more phys def, and also add garnet/citrine shards into sockets. Build up your build depend on your gameplay :)

ps: This is a secret tip (classified)... GET MASSIVE COINS, ITEMS AND EXP... DO TIDEBORN QUESTS ONCE YOU REACH 40 :D

Btw...
    When I was low lvl I never died and never went through all that many pots.I used few pieces of LA boots mostly.I kited a lot still do as for lvl 50 go hybrid.

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Glad days, sad days... are all brighter made with the...
    "Happy Knowledge", that our...
    Friendship will not fade.

me: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=3656331#post3656331 ^.^
    my family: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=4077892#post4077892 <3
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

Btw...

b:chuckle

What is this suppose to mean trying to pick a fight??b:angry

Yeah I can do smilies to.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

its **** to play cleric at 2x but if you manage to get a hang on it and use p.def oraments it will not be such a problem i myself found myself dying alot on lower 2x then at higher 2x it got a bit better then at 3x i barely ever died

note this is my personal experience at my cleric alt
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • Sylredrae - Sanctuary
    Sylredrae - Sanctuary Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I agree with Miasora concerning vit. You won't regret it if you put it in, especially when it saves your life. Just yesterday in TT1-2, a mob attacked me just after I managed to pass through the rolling ball traps, before my squadmates could target it. Landed one hit on me before my squadmates stole aggro and skewered it. I survived with about 44 hp. If it weren't for my vit, it would have been a one hit kill! Just thought I'd share. =)
    Syredrae ~ lvl 100 Cleric (main character)

Auryl ~ lvl 100 Venomancer

Mainas ~ lvl 80 Barbarian

Suirune ~ lvl 2X Psychic
  • Pixiefox - Dreamweaver
    Pixiefox - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    This post has been so helpful. My cleric is now 20 and starting to have issues killing stuff. But glad to know it is now me.
    Thank you so much for all the helpful info.b:thanks
    b:victory
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    This post has been so helpful. My cleric is now 20 and starting to have issues killing stuff. But glad to know it is now me.
    Thank you so much for all the helpful info.b:thanks

It pays off in the end b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ok, i have my share of clerics too... but I don't die too much as I die on archer b:surrender . If your pure MAG, my cleric is somewhat the same (actually 1 VIT every 4 LVLs). I kite with cyclone, that skill saves my butt many times. I seen clerics and wizards always get this problem, simply because they don't kite. and I mean using your gush / cyclone and run back and keep them on slow effect. Clerics or Wizards aren't meant to be hit you know
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Krispey - Raging Tide
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Thanks for all the great answers!!

But i got another question: what is the blue ball cleric skill?? Ive seen someone mention it, but i cant understand what it is. Pleas help me on this one to:)
  • LifeAfterDth - Heavens Tear
    LifeAfterDth - Heavens Tear Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Regeneration Aura (aka B.B.) Level 1
    Mana 500
    Channel 5.0 seconds
    Cooldown 30.0 seconds
    Weapon Unarmed, Magic Instruments

Requisite Cultivation Transcendant
    Focus your empathetic energy to heal squad members within 15 meters
    of you. Use 500 mana every 5 seconds to recover HP equal to 300 plus
    20% of base magic attack every 5 seconds and cut all damage taken
    by 50%. Skill will not stop until click Cancel or press ESC.

Requires two Sparks

It puts a "blue ball" around you and heals all members in a radius while also cutting the damage taken in half. Very handy skill in certain situations.
  • Kimbley - Harshlands
    Kimbley - Harshlands Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    On my cleric i never die b:surrender

Maybe that is because i played wiz first? So i know how to... avoid damage? And i'm fine with always having mana pots and apot mana pots....
  • Sylvani - Raging Tide
    Sylvani - Raging Tide Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    On my cleric i never die b:surrender

Maybe that is because i played wiz first? So i know how to... avoid damage? And i'm fine with always having mana pots and apot mana pots....

xd, I was the opposite. Don't remember dying much on cleric, then I made a wizzie. . . and let's just say that even second wind was not enough to keep poor wizzie alive during those first 30 levels, and it made me cry when all the respawns in an area turned out to be increased mag res--and of course, there's kun kun b:cry
    "I don't love you as if you were a rose of salt, topaz/ or arrow of carnations that propagate fire:/ I love you as one loves certain dark things/ secretly, between the shadow and the soul."