Increase quests rewards

Options
u235
u235 Posts: 42 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Suggestion Box
I remember the older versions of Perfect World. I used to complete my quests in order to get more lvls, with a little help of the daily crazy stone. And the Justice Envoy guy - used to get a lot of Order of Justice from him too! Those were times when we actually had to play the game in order to develop our characters.

And now it's pretty much gone. Quest rewards are absolutely nothing compared to BH, rebirths and so on. I'm not even discussing Hyper EXP or oracles. Problem is the game itself in time got superior ways to level up that made the traditional ones useless. I just can't get myself to do a quest that would take MORE effort than a BH to receive WAY less experience. You get to lvl 40 and that's it, no need for quests anymore.

My suggestion is: increase quests and Order of Justice rewards to make it at least slightly worth the effort again. My playing experience now is just do the BHs, crazy stone, ocasional TT, TW when it's time and that's it. Most of days I go in for a little over an hour and do nothing after that. Perfect World became the first game I ever played that you grow your character doing almost nothing. At first it seems ok and kind of nice ("wow I'm lvl 60 already? Haven't killed **** since 35!") but it gets boring in the long run.
Post edited by u235 on

Comments

• PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    im agree
    one man army should give more reputation and small amount of exp
    envoy of justice should give items reward more often, way more exp and reputation
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • Hazumu - Dreamweaver
    Hazumu - Dreamweaver Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Definately agreed. Doing all quests past lvl 60 is just nonsensical waste of time as it is now.

But the thing is... I LIKE doing quests. I DON'T like doing BH's, or TT's, or FC's. I only do them because they're the only way to lvl up in a sensible fashion. That and... to stop people from saying "Hurry up and lvl already" all the time. :p

It would be really sweet if doing quests was once again an option and not a waste of time.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ya...me pretty much abandoned most if not all me quests for bh, WQ, and frost runs.
    ._.'
    me would like to do them for teh rep but...me would rather get teh exp/spirit.
    X_X
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • u235
    u235 Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Wow people have a LOT of opinions around here. This thread is already second paged in the "Suggestions" area. Consider this a bump and a request for more people's inputs. Maybe someone disagrees? Don't be shy and let us know. A different point of view always helps.
  • ladyamen
    ladyamen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    im agree
    one man army should give more reputation and small amount of exp
    envoy of justice should give items reward more often, way more exp and reputation

b:laughb:thanks just wanted to say the same!!
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I'm going to play Devil's Advocate for a second here.

Q: What happens if someone does increase the exp, spirit, or rewards for basic quests?
    A: It becomes even easier still to level, on top of the daily stuff.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, but if they start dishing out even more exp and spirit for your average quests, you're just piling that on top of the already absurd rewards for dailies. If they're going to do this, they need to tone down the rewards on CS and BH as well. Granted, that won't stop the truly determined from racing ahead to 90+, but it means that they might be compelled to get some experience outside an instance.

Personally, at 88 I don't have many quests to look for anymore. I don't do BH or CS (by choice), WQ I finish maybe once every three to four days, and lord knows I haven't the time to sit down and grind properly. Levelling up kinda ceased being an issue for me altogether, since everything 89+/Sage culti has $$$ written all over it (and my meager pocketbook is aimed towards producing 'imPerfect' as a full film). Summary: for me it's kind of a non-issue. But I do personally agree, it'd be swell to have quests mean something again.
  • YordaUjain - Dreamweaver
    YordaUjain - Dreamweaver Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Totally agree, 60+ quests giving 4k? wtf.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PLAYING PWI FOR FRIENDS (CHAT) ONLY, NO ZEN CHARGING, NO GAINING GEAR. MOVING TO GUILD WARS 2 UPON LAUNCH WITH FACTION.

Got Dot? Why Not? It PAYS! website.ws/tomujain
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i agree.. totally
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • Vintersun - Sanctuary
    Vintersun - Sanctuary Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I know how you all feel about this topic >_<
    Especially when you get the quests with blue name and think "YEAY maybe this time I will get a nice reward" You go through the pain of gathering some high levels (which can be really hard from time to time) to kill the boss and then you fly happily across the map to notice that all hard work resulted in chosing one of following:
    1) Axes
    2) Light armor
    3) Heavy armor
    And the point is that your build is arcane! b:cry
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)Gotta Love Bunnies!
  • GSnipes - Raging Tide
    GSnipes - Raging Tide Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    now this doesnt add up
    1)u get very little quests at 60+
    2) u need like 800k to lv up and quest give 40k or 10k exp
    3) gears even NPC for these lvs are expensive but quest give little reward like 1k coins
    4) it is a waste to even atempt quests at 80+ cuz guess wat i need 6mil to lv quests give 50k exp and i hav to kill 80mobs....not worth it
    OMA should b redone to giev better rewards and so to JQ(justice quest)
    My Arrows shall block out the sun
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I ee where your comming frum and ya i totally agree
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I like to do quests. And it's not like the beatiful shards/20k coins rewards don't matter.

Also, your grinding anyway. Better do it on mobs that you get an extra reward for from quest
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    Technotic - Sanctuary Posts: 591 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Level 95+ quests giving me 15k exp? Yeah that won't even put a dent in my exp bar.
    Say my name 3 times, I dare you.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • CzarKoenig - Sanctuary
    CzarKoenig - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    To tell the truth more exp and more spirit is not the answer. i think that less from BHs and FCC would acually be better. It is already becoming an issue that the newer 90s and 80s suck at there classes. They power lvl like hell and dont even know how to use there class properly.

I mean if your dying from lvl 70s and 60s in pk mode when you 85+ and you keep getting killed by on lvl mobs, that should tell u that u need to step back and grind, do a few more TTs, take a break from lvling. Do more quests so that you are a benefit to your factions instead of being that 1 person always saying "can someone plz come rez me".
  • _Pale - Sanctuary
    _Pale - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    to Tell The Truth More Exp And More Spirit Is Not The Answer. I Think That Less From Bhs And Fcc Would Acually Be Better. It Is Already Becoming An Issue That The Newer 90s And 80s Suck At There Classes. They Power Lvl Like Hell And Dont Even Know How To Use There Class Properly.

I Mean If Your Dying From Lvl 70s And 60s In Pk Mode When You 85+ And You Keep Getting Killed By On Lvl Mobs, That Should Tell U That U Need To Step Back And Grind, Do A Few More Tts, Take A Break From Lvling. Do More Quests So That You Are A Benefit To Your Factions Instead Of Being That 1 Person Always Saying "can Someone Plz Come Rez Me".

^ This ^ :)
    I'm not there to make you survive in PWI, that's your job
    ** expected fail squad: express rule of thumb "you die by stupidity, you go to town" **
    ~Sanctuary~Cleric/Archer/Veno~Audeamus/Enelysion
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    Aedrian - Lost City Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Totally agree, there is no sense on questing anymore, and since I do other kind of stuff (I love team questing, and such), I help other ppl with their quests, even if I don't need them, because I find it utterly dull to simply level up to 9x and not have fun in game, since I am not here for the levels, hell, I was level holding on 79 for like a month! (And on lvl 60, lvl 72, and some other levels), so I could enjoy the game, feed my genies and get spirit to max all my skills.

At this rate, nobody will quest, since almost everybody is obsessed with leveling, and the love for the game is lost.
    <"shameless self-bump :D" Alexenokin - Lost City>
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

*WTB: -12~-18% chan stuff, pm me in here or in game for details*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]