Female Barbs and Male Venos

Options
Cyrian - Harshlands
Cyrian - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Suggestion Box
There is only one thing that bothers me about the Untamed race. I don't like the fact that if you pick a barb, you are male. If you pick a veno, you are female. I think it would be nice if you could pick your class and gender no problem. I think it would be nice to see some female barbs and male venos running around.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Never let me have free time. Only chaos will result in it...
Post edited by Cyrian - Harshlands on

Comments

• Taranta - Dreamweaver
    Taranta - Dreamweaver Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Overposted. This is not going to be fixed or changed. Stop asking about it. There are countless threads with answers to this. Search before posting. Even with your join date, there have been around 20 threads started from then to now, so you had a chance. No more.

Away with ye!
    I shall dominate the Dreamweaver server through the use of Baked goods...and only baked goods.^^[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Venomancers are Female. Barbarians are male. It will forever be this way. So suck it up and deal with it already.
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I would love to be a female barb... but it doesn't look like it'll happen. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • dan1771
    dan1771 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Overposted. This is not going to be fixed or changed. Stop asking about it. There are countless threads with answers to this. Search before posting. Even with your join date, there have been around 20 threads started from then to now, so you had a chance. No more.

Away with ye!

You dont gotta be an **** about it Geez
  • Chobsi - Heavens Tear
    Chobsi - Heavens Tear Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

Away with ye!

+1
    b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Chobsi the only thing your good at is making your character look good, otherwise your fail"
    "Did that 95 BM just kill himself to your Herc? Mmm..Yep"
    "Oh that thing I thought was a statue, it 1 shot me, switch to your cleric please"
    "So that Hercules guy from the disney movie really aged well.."
    ~Chobsi b:cute
  • Arlameida - Heavens Tear
    Arlameida - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

Away with ye!

If you see so many threads about this and dont like it..........then dont look! Simple as that, you dont need to go into these threads and start complaining about how they are everywhere. This is a suggestion forum for chrissake, just because this idea is numerous does not mean a person cant post it anyway. I personally would have loved to play a female barb because quite frankly, Im tired of being a fox, I want to be a tiger.
  • Vizibroth - Sanctuary
    Vizibroth - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    If you see so many threads about this and dont like it..........then dont look! Simple as that, you dont need to go into these threads and start complaining about how they are everywhere. This is a suggestion forum for chrissake, just because this idea is numerous does not mean a person cant post it anyway. I personally would have loved to play a female barb because quite frankly, Im tired of being a fox, I want to be a tiger.

Not to take sides here, but common forum etiquette is to look for the most recently posted thread on the topic (With the handy search function!) and add to it, rather than starting a new thread.

It just helps cut down on clutter. =)
  • Taranta - Dreamweaver
    Taranta - Dreamweaver Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

A few explanations for my response methodology:

1)A vast majority of new players, or players who are new to the forums, neglect to look at the general rules. This leads to massive repetition for suggestions. Unfortunately, I'm somewhat of an optimist when it comes to suggestions, so I'll head into each thread and at least look around to see if I can help an idea along.

2)Lack of Developed or Coherent thought. 4 sentences does not even come close to a well thought out suggestion. If the topic poster were to have put a little thought into it, perhaps given some ideas as to how the idea could have been implemented, a far kinder response from myself would be seen. As it is right now, it seems as if the original poster is just lazy or unwilling to have a class of the opposite gender than themselves, and isn't willing to say more than the general idea of "it's unfair that untamed can't be both genders. Fix it".

3) Duplicate thread. You're right that I should have left it alone. However, looking at post times, there was another, better developed thread about untamed customization posted a few hours before, leaving it sitting on the front page of the suggestion box. You can't tell me that the poster couldn't have gone there and posted. I barely understand the logic of not using the search function, if only because a lack of defined terms makes for a hard to navigate results page. Not looking down the front page of where you plan on putting a topic? Utter laziness.

Now, I could go into the full reasoning as to why this won't happen, but I'm tired and don't really feel like getting into it. Use that elusive search function and figure it out yourselves. I'm done.

Oh, and if you want to be a tiger, make a Barbarian. There are plenty of players in-game that don't have characters matching their gender. And you've probably played single player games where you didn't share a gender with the main character, too. So the logic that "I'm not comfortable representing myself as another gender is relatively flimsy.
    I shall dominate the Dreamweaver server through the use of Baked goods...and only baked goods.^^[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Venomancers are Female. Barbarians are male. It will forever be this way. So suck it up and deal with it already.
  • wodiwkcalb
    wodiwkcalb Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    This game is very...dare i say homofobic and sexist...like the untamed part is sexist and the homofobic part is how only male&female can get married...and most of the fash for females is very degrading in a sense.b:surrender
  • Mikau - Harshlands
    Mikau - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    you guys are silly... its a thread.. to talk about wanting barbs and venos to have gender selection.. so as atlas would say... would u kindly stfu about all the nonsense :D..... also i wish there was a male veno.. i like pet classes but i feel awkward playing on a female.. and yes i do for all games that make u play a female :<
  • Vintersun - Sanctuary
    Vintersun - Sanctuary Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I don't get this if you are a female and play a male character what is the problem? If you are a male and play a female character whats the problem. If you go to the game shop and buy a final fantasy game or other game will you go back complaining if you can't make a female tidus, squall, cloud? or male Yuna, Pain?
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)Gotta Love Bunnies!
  • YukiChana - Harshlands
    YukiChana - Harshlands Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    b:pleased Stop The Fighting and Lets be Friends.b:cute

-YukiChana
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Strawberry_
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    wodiwkcalb wrote: »
    This game is very...dare i say homofobic and sexist...like the untamed part is sexist and the homofobic part is how only male&female can get married...and most of the fash for females is very degrading in a sense.b:surrender

Chinese game, Chinese way of life. The devs over there will never allow same sex marriages in this game. Period, end of discussion. Let this topic die, please.
  • MarTheDragon - Heavens Tear
    MarTheDragon - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i would like this too and even suggested it myself. i accepted that they are not going to do it. so search before you post.

btw i did try and play as a veno, didnt do it for long though cuz it was akward, especially all the "ur sexy" comments
  • trogers2
    trogers2 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    There is only one thing that bothers me about the Untamed race. I don't like the fact that if you pick a barb, you are male. If you pick a veno, you are female. I think it would be nice if you could pick your class and gender no problem. I think it would be nice to see some female barbs and male venos running around.

Don't really think it's very "fitting" to play a female barb a) it would look weird (this includes veno - Male with a fox tail? No way!)

B) Unrealistic, males are more fitting for the "big strong brute" rather then a female, I think this applys to BMs also, but that's another topic.
  • Cyrian - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    wow....
    umm....
    i honestly didn't think this topic would get so many flames from people
    b:surrender
    of course even if an idea is over posted, it just means a lot of people feel the same way.
    last time i checked, there was nothing wrong with stating an idea.
    plus this is in the suggestion box of the forum.
    key word: suggestion
    i have never even heard there being anything wrong with having multiple people have the same idea in a suggestion box, but that must me just me then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    Technotic - Sanctuary Posts: 591 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Female barb would have to transform into something else, maybe a Panther or something more slender. Male Veno would have to trasform into..... idk
    Say my name 3 times, I dare you.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • Bijorin - Dreamweaver
    Bijorin - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Female barb would have to transform into something else, maybe a Panther or something more slender. Male Veno would have to trasform into..... idk
    A monkey!b:victory

Like that one character in those Journey to the West stories.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Herne_Hunter - Sanctuary
    Herne_Hunter - Sanctuary Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Not to take sides here, but common forum etiquette is to look for the most recently posted thread on the topic (With the handy search function!) and add to it, rather than starting a new thread.

It just helps cut down on clutter. =)

^^ thats Necromancy which is not allowed,

@Taranta
    now as for what the above person has mentioned, well this is a suggestion box, he/she or any freaking person can suggest any freaking thing they want to, the topic header clearly stated what is inside it, so if you dont like it dont even bother looking at it, but showing of your attitude like that only demoralizes people to speak out suggestions. So please stop being an a$$ and stop reading threads you dont like.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I want to go back to the time when innocence was Natural, getting high meant, on a swing. Drinking meant lemonade. Dad was the only Hero. Love was Mom's hug. Dad's shoulder was the highest place on earth. Worst enemies were siblings.
    Hurts were Bleeding knees. Broken things were only Toys. Goodbyes meant only till tomorrow!

Life has changed a lot ....

Hasn't it .. ?? ..b:sad
  • Cyrian - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    thank you herne.
    and as to what technotic said, a female barb turning into a panther would look totally awesome.
    as for a male veno, i think it would make the most sense that they would turn into a wolf.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    thank you herne.
    and as to what technotic said, a female barb turning into a panther would look totally awesome.
    as for a male veno, i think it would make the most sense that they would turn into a wolf.

Why not keep it to the spirit of the race? If you read the background for the untamed, and look into the reason for the white tiger as the true form for "barbarians" (this is a miss-translation of the name), and the veno (also a miss-translation), you would see that, unlike some of the other classes, it is deeply rooted in chinese folk stories and mythology.

The venos are evil spirits that prowl the nights, looking for lonely MALE travelers to lure and feed on their souls. They can transfor themselves into beautiful young women in order to lure the travellers to their death, after which they go back to their true form of a fox, and back into the forest. They also had the ability to talk to all the animals, sometimes using them for assistance on their plots. Obviously there are stories of venos that broke the "rules" and fell in love with the male would-be victims, leading to romances of forbiden love.
    Having a male veno would make no sense in the context, it would be similar to asking for male amazon warriors.

The white tiger is the most powerful animal for the chinese, he is the king of all animals, and the protector of the emperor of China. When the best generals were killed in battle, they were supposed to turn into white tigers, and be able to still lead the emperor armies to victory, even after death, and protect the royal house.

I know that sooner or later they may change to game to allow for that, but I seriously hope they do not, since I enjoy playing a character that is actualy based in mythology, and the untammed class is one of the few things left in the game that has stayed true to the game lore.

The other are the human's flying swords, which represent the pinacle of chi control, when a warrior is able to channels its chi to control the flight of a sword.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Kyna - Lost City
    Kyna - Lost City Posts: 1,597 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    While there is a lot of symbolism in this game....

I doubt anyone in chinese mythology ran around in chain pants, or bikinis....

The game really lost it's cultural flair with the fashion....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the sig :D
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    Fanfiction found on the forums or at rikasstorycorner.deviantart.com
    LOST CITY! -> home to the original badasses of PWI b:cool
    ... and a few losers....
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    While there is a lot of symbolism in this game....

I doubt anyone in chinese mythology ran around in chain pants, or bikinis....

The game really lost it's cultural flair with the fashion....

It may have staryed a little on some of the new fashion, however, most of the original fashion was still chinese inspired, like the chipao and summer pattern, both of wich are classic chinese clothes.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    Aedrian - Lost City Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    *points at the new wigs and glasses* If all that is Chinese, I will eat my shoes
    <"shameless self-bump :D" Alexenokin - Lost City>
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

*WTB: -12~-18% chan stuff, pm me in here or in game for details*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NaturesSoul - Sanctuary
    NaturesSoul - Sanctuary Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    it would definately be intristing to see a female barb but i dont think i would wnt to see wut a male version of a veno would be its still a nice ideab:victory
    DO NOT FEED - DaNGER DO NOT TRY TO PET WILL BITEb:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    faction:Charisma
    ALTs: lvl 32 veno,lvl 21 archer,lvl 13 cleric,
    lvl 12 BM,lvl 7 wiz,lvl 20 sin,lvl 18 psychic
  • Aeremay - Harshlands
    Aeremay - Harshlands Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

Away with ye!

The hell? It's just a damn suggestion. And who would want to flip through over 100 threads looking for it? SERIOUSLY. No one would have the time. And more suggestions from different people could make a change.

And obviously, this post is waaaaay late, but honestly, people like you make me wanna scream. Buuuurn.
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    *points at the new wigs and glasses* If all that is Chinese, I will eat my shoes
    FIIIISHHHH <---- member meh?
    The hell? It's just a damn suggestion. And who would want to flip through over 100 threads looking for it? SERIOUSLY. No one would have the time. And more suggestions from different people could make a change.

And obviously, this post is waaaaay late, but honestly, people like you make me wanna scream. Buuuurn.

ok 1st of all now ur the one being an a$$ u dont have to flip thru 100's of pagez.. therez this nifty thing called a search engine.. and 2nd of all ingnorant ppl like u and the creator of this thread make ME want to scream. 3rd of all, no more and more suggestionz on teh same topic do not allow change.. it allowz the GM's Modz and Devz to get nnoyed and pissed off. and Finally, no this idea will NOT be implemented.. and I love Ice's explanation az to y. i'm just waiting for GM's to come and cloze this thread due to flame and the issue of it being repeated. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • ladyamen
    ladyamen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    when the wish is so great that this suggestion is posted over and over again, then they should just change and submit this issue!! and dont say everytime: shout up we will not change that! b:angry
    edited February 2010
    Options
    but they wont sweetie.. itz against the chineze culture and they're not gunna change it.. just get annowyed with everyone being B!thchez and complaining about it

• YukiChana - Harshlands
    YukiChana - Harshlands Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

There gonna have to be fat >:(
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Strawberry_
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ^^^ lolzwut???

This discussion has been closed.