Instance Bosses Tactical?

tyanara
tyanara Posts: 734 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
I'm new to this game and I was wondering how are instance bosses in here. Mostly talking about challenging/tactical.

Read some stuff a bit and from those I read they are mostly just tank'n'spank with some additional AoEs but nothing special.

Well I don't really care about low level bosses as they are mostly power leveled from what I understood but the end game bosses that are farmed, are they tactical and interesting?

I'm not talking about tank and spank: by this I mean, just tanking the boss, damaging it and heal its damage, maybe interrupt an AoE or outheal it and that's all. This is what I mean by tank and spank

What I mean by interesting is NOT the above, but something additional needed for every boss, like avoiding some stuff (adds/special attack/AoE/anything :P), killing something (could be adds) fast, etc. Like this other MMO I played, there were many interesting bosses, one of which very 'complicated': you had to drag and kill 6 adds in some specific spot (adds were named with a color and those spots were shining with a corresponding color) to spawn a circle, then after a few seconds everyone was getting a debuff with a random color that would kill you instantly in 10 seconds if not removed - to remove debuff you had to run to the circle of that color. There was more after, adds coming 1 by 1, that had to be destroyed as soon as possible, because in a few seconds they would disappear and give a nasty stackable debuff (-10% damage per round) and some adds were immune to physical and some to magical attacks.

Is there something like that in here too, or are mostly based on tank and spank?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by tyanara on

Comments

• Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    well how you put it, most of it is just tank and spank, although there are some TT bosses that put a little challenge in the game, even though its not that much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Also, several bosses in Frostcovered City are "tactical", though after the first few times it becomes more routine. Also, FC is a fairly high-level instance, so it'll be a while before you can actually really run it.
  • Foxgrit - Lost City
    Foxgrit - Lost City Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Also, several bosses in Frostcovered City are "tactical", though after the first few times it becomes more routine. Also, FC is a fairly high-level instance, so it'll be a while before you can actually really run it.

85 is not even close to high level...
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    85 is not even close to high level...

It is if you're just starting the game.

There are tactics for TT and Frostcovered, but like Brigid said, after a few runs it gets pretty routine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • tyanara
    tyanara Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Thanks all for answers.

About routine stuff, well it kinda happens everywhere once you start farming the hell out of a boss, guess I'll have to try someday and see for myself
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Malaquey - Heavens Tear
    Malaquey - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    all the bosses up till fb 69 are definitely just a case of healing a tank and purify debuff.
    not sure about any higher than that
  • SeaStorm - Heavens Tear
    SeaStorm - Heavens Tear Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    You'll get more "specialized" bosses in the upper TTs. TT bosses that sleep the squad, random aggro (with AOE), Bosses that you have to time that every 3 mins it will shift aggro and that char is one shotted dead unless they spark or genie skill etc, TT 3-1 where you have to kill the mobs or the bosses will have an AOE (you have the right amt killed and no aoe - this is an AOE in addition to the close range one the first boss has). Bosses you have to pull to other areas other wise once they die the door shuts. Just a few as examples.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]