limit the number of territories of a guild to 10

Volpex - Dreamweaver
Volpex - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Suggestion Box
I propose to set a limit to the territory of a guild to avoid the monopoly of a guild on the other, causing an anomalous/abnormal situation server dreamweaver (Calamity example) . I'm surprised that the administrators have not noticed this anomaly.
b:cute Pleased Good Game at All b:chuckle

Veno 9x
Cleric 6x
Wizard 6x
Psychic 4x
Archer 3x
Assasin 2x

Game or Reality, Truth or Fiction, To Be or Not to Be. XD
Post edited by Volpex - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• ladyamen
    ladyamen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    its not just your server, in sanctuary is just the same
    long time a great war just between 2 guilds, and now only one guild has the whole map for themselves
    they make it somehow impossible to any of those not superpowered 100+ leveled guilds to gain a terretory too
    specially for servers who are established a long time ago b:sad
  • Volpex - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    I think the game reflects the reality, in reality, however, there are anti-monopoly laws; is the responsibility of the programmers/administrator make the game balanced otherwise the players are leaving in disgust. Sorry my little english

Veno 9x
    Cleric 6x
    Wizard 6x
    Psychic 4x
    Archer 3x
    Assasin 2x

• u235
    u235 Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    In reality if some nation had enough power to control every single inch of land in the world they would do it. Don't try to mix market stuff with TWs it's just stupid, they're not even remotely similar.

Now that I contributed to the daily amount of flaming required by people in any gaming community... I say if people would just work a little they could eventually face the dominant faction. They just need to be organised. Unfortunately they aren't most of time.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I am split 50/50 on this myself. I think on the one hand, if they can hold the territory against all attackers, more power to them. On the other hand, it would be nice of more factions could hold land as well.

~S
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Limit should be 5 and all major cities not be eligible for ownership.
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I agree with Saitada. Ya itz great that a fac haz such a great leadership and their groupwork iz exemplory but why not give other factionz a chance az well?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I am split 50/50 on this myself. I think on the one hand, if they can hold the territory against all attackers, more power to them. On the other hand, it would be nice of more factions could hold land as well.

~S

This is my feeling as well - if they are strong enough to hold them, more power to them. My thought would be not limiting them directly, but instead removing the limit on how many battles a guild could face at one time - or at least greatly increasing the amount. If you want to hold 20 territories, fine. But expect the possibility of defending 5-10 of them at once, instead of knowing you'll never have to defend more than 3 at once.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    ^good idea
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    Technotic - Sanctuary Posts: 591 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    OMFG YES!!! LIMIT IT TO TEN PER GUILD!! AND DONT ALLOW THIS MULTI-GUILD ****!!! Nef has 2 guilds, they could just own 10 each. Well... I don't see why not, the more guilds they make, the more spread out they are XD

But 10 per guild is super amazing, omfg say yes
    Say my name 3 times, I dare you.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • Tapion_ - Dreamweaver
    Tapion_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I prefer Teds idea over limiting the amount of lands a faction can hold. Make it harder to hold more land instead of limiting the amount you can hold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GSnipes - Raging Tide
    GSnipes - Raging Tide Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    yea i agree also...try fightin those old founbding guilds...its not easy
    together they strong ( 3 battles)
    but seperate they weak so i am agreeing with having more than 3 TWs
    My Arrows shall block out the sun
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I agree to this, but why not make it less than 10. And no multi guilding, Nefarious already owns Sanctuary and it's disgusting. When 1 team owns the whole map it really gets into their head and makes them think their horse is much higher than before.

8 Territories, 1 Major City each.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I agree to this, but why not make it less than 10. And no multi guilding, Nefarious already owns Sanctuary and it's disgusting. When 1 team owns the whole map it really gets into their head and makes them think their horse is much higher than before.

8 Territories, 1 Major City each.

If they could take over the map, I think they might have deserved the right to think their horse is much higher than before, because frankly it is no easy feat to conquer (excuse the pun) the map. ijs.

if anything, I'd say more wars, no limits on the number of territories a faction can own.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I propose to set a limit to the territory of a guild to avoid the monopoly of a guild on the other, causing an anomalous/abnormal situation server dreamweaver (Calamity example) . I'm surprised that the administrators have not noticed this anomaly.

Oh please, these things arise once a while and it's always the same, they never, ever, think it through.

If you limit the territory, you will only make it worse. By limiting the amount of territories, the end-situation would change to the few top factions owning all the lands, with them not being able to declare an attack due to the limit. And even if you make it so that at least one faction could always declare an attack, they still wouldn't win against any of the top factions.

And by limiting the number of territories, you also make it easier for the factions to defend all of their lands from attacks, effectively just worsening the situation.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Volpex - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    my idea to limit to 10 territories was a provocative example of course I wanted to see if there were better solutions, limit the resources from the territory may be a good idea? or not, are here to better understand the mechanics of the game

Veno 9x
    Cleric 6x
    Wizard 6x
    Psychic 4x
    Archer 3x
    Assasin 2x

• Technotic - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    No one seems to dislike this idea. So lets do it

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    IMO its balanced as it is right now.. If you think about it a Faction can have a max of 200 members. After those 200 spots are filled with max levels, players will have to form/ join a opposing faction, and eventually that faction will grow to 200 members max level.

Repeat the process over and over, and the server will balance itself out, it just takes time, commitment and hard work.
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Take a look at the huge red spot on Sanctuary Map. They own 95% of the map

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Take a look at the huge red spot on Sanctuary Map. They own 95% of the map

Lost City was worse, but anyways there will come a time when a rival guild will start filling with enough high level players to pose a threat to the dominating faction.
  • Risingson - Lost City
    Risingson - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    At some point Conqueror owned the entire map on Lost City. Right now, Essence is dominating with 11 territories, and after that it's 6 to 8-9 territories owned by Spectral/YaKuZa/Kamisama. I would say it's quite balanced but Essence is still dominating.

Capping the territories would be a horrible idea, would basically take the ambition right out of the game and it would end up freezing it TW-wise as Olba pointed out.
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Another Idea to implament is, if a territory is held for to long that the owner gets booted from it and can not claim it for a month. Let's say they can only hold one part of the land for one month, this gives other factions a chance at owning the land and I would think more incentive for others to want to join TW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    This has been brought up many times before. If a single faction owns most of the map, that means that they worked hard for it and deserve to hold their territories. Good example is with Nefarious on the Sanctuary server. They currently hold all but 5 territories on the map. If people don't want Nef to hold that much land, then they should make a TW faction on Nef's level and beat them. Don't blame Nef because 95% of the other factions they fight in TW are fail.
  • Divine_Demon - Heavens Tear
    Divine_Demon - Heavens Tear Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    lol thats why i had my idea of anew area where everyone can pvp with people there same lvls (well at least same 2x 3x 4x 5x 6x and etc lvls) well its better than trying to own all terrirotrys
    "When life gives you arrows give them back ", Divine_Demon b:sin
  • Starfire_sky - Heavens Tear
    Starfire_sky - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    This is my feeling as well - if they are strong enough to hold them, more power to them. My thought would be not limiting them directly, but instead removing the limit on how many battles a guild could face at one time - or at least greatly increasing the amount. If you want to hold 20 territories, fine. But expect the possibility of defending 5-10 of them at once, instead of knowing you'll never have to defend more than 3 at once.

THIS is what i think should be permited i see no reason why if a guild wants to hold an entire map why they cannot defend a good portion of the map.
    I may disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it . However, this does not mean that I will not question that which you may say or do, for your words, or your reasons may be of interest to me, if only because I am curious. - Exidor

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend. -Albert Camus

Only when the last tree is cut; Only when the last river is polluted; Only when the last fish is caught; Only then they will realize... You cannot eat money-Cree Indian Proverb
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    wut bout if the "top" faction had to defend all of its territory at once instead of just 3 then no one could own all of the map if any & all of there land could be atked at the same time
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • shammahbenjudah
    shammahbenjudah Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    This has been brought up many times before. If a single faction owns most of the map, that means that they worked hard for it and deserve to hold their territories. Good example is with Nefarious on the Sanctuary server. They currently hold all but 5 territories on the map. If people don't want Nef to hold that much land, then they should make a TW faction on Nef's level and beat them. Don't blame Nef because 95% of the other factions they fight in TW are fail.

The issue with this logic is simple...PWI had many players in the early days who came from other versions of the game and knew how to play the game. When they get together in the beginning and inevitably get stronger faster than everyone else, it lends them a great advantage.

Typically that's cool, thing is in this system, the dominant factions are gaining hideous amounts of coinage with which they may grow even stronger and all the others have no such advantage unless they put RL cash into it.

This is where it gets touchy because all the coins can be exchanged for gold...which only comes from RL cash. Once you add real money to the formula, things tend to venture out of the "its only a game" arena.

The current system is absurd to allow the measure of dominance that it does. I see nothing wrong with being "King of the World" if you truly are. But "King of 3 territories at a time" isn't even close.

I appreciate the effort it took the larger factions to accomplish what they did. But I really have no respect for their dominance because its not real. Make ALL territories free for all in TW and hold them ALL...that's dominance.

Otherwise, they're just taking advantage of a gimped system that's keeping the vast majority of players here from participating in and enjoying the TW features.
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Agreed lol.... I made the mistake of reading that before my brain was fully awake. It feels like scrambled eggs.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • shammahbenjudah
    shammahbenjudah Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I appreciate the effort it took the larger factions to accomplish what they did. But I really have no respect for their dominance because its not real. Make ALL territories free for all in TW and hold them ALL...that's dominance.

Funny thing is, the "dominant factions" seem to be the only ones really opposed to this. If it were "just a game" and if they were truly "dominant", you might expect them to say something like "Bring it on!"

I'm not sure if my math is right, but the way the current map is configured on the Dreamweaver server, Calamity will get over 500 million coins this week alone. Potentially, they could only lose 3 territories, and its not likely they would lose a higher level territory if that happened. So the potential worse case scenario end result is, Calamity will get roughly 470 million unearned coins this week from their territories.

Now lets take that figure and divide it by the current cost to buy gold at roughly 315k and the answer is Calamity members are receiving the equivalent of $1,492 this week for doing absolutely NOTHING.

We have to earn everything we get, I don't see why its a problem to make them earn theirs too. This is just a travesty against the rest of the community here. The very least PWI could do is to take the cap off the number of territories a faction must defend.

But that does nothing to correct the massive imbalace of favor that's been given to these "dominant" factions for so long. You would think these factions might be a bit giving to the community. Since they're taking such a free ride, you would think they could afford it.

All I've ever gotten from Calamity was my mold drops in FB51 stolen and constant random invites asking for cleric party buffs or "Come to hell and res". The sad thing is ... they balk at dropping a coin for your charm tick to buff or the cost to tele to hell and res their sorry a$$. Go figure...
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    max 12 land per guild so they can get that suposely bonus on refine from +1 to +12
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
This discussion has been closed.