Failclerics are growing to be more fail?

Options
2»

Comments

• MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I was lucky I got my TT60 for faction mate for free when I turned 60.I still have it as back up but I use a TT70 griefs breath.

I would say the Cleric in question here is just doing with what they can get their hands on.They may not be on for long periods on time and just want to have fun.They just use the drops they get.

I was talking ot lvl4 in Arrowhead doing a WQ and wanted my help.I told to to go to go back to Plume and do the quests there.This cleric asked me about gear,weapons and wings.He was particularly interested in wings.I told him that is the least thing you should be thinking about getting your skills and gear should be his priority.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Worship - Harshlands
    Worship - Harshlands Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    clerics just tend to be odd people b:surrender
  • KawaiiKelly - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiKelly - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    All my TT 80 gear (FULL intangibility) it has 3 sockets and +3 refine. Why should I refine my 80 gear to 5, or 4 socket it, while it must be decomposed and I would have to get to level 90 faster than I got to level 80. (FF is very useful into this matter). Doing low damage for a cleric isn't fail, we were only meant for healing. Level 90 gear is much more important to be 4 socketed, and gear for level 99 b:shutup.. that's just too much to socket, though when I reach that level I'm hoping it at least gets to 3 socket. b:victory. And no cleric has beaten me around my level yet. I am a PvP based cleric, I don't do too low damage (6.5k max magic attack; 11k double sparked). My HP is 5.6k; if my HP was 2k like the other clerics, how could i survive a slash from a sword? And, I don't think the cleric was fail if her ring was +5; she knows what she's doing and she doesn't want to spend too much on level 70 gear because she wants her 80 or 90 gear to be flawless. That's all I have to say. No cleric can be fail, they just have their own style of playing.
    f:shame
  • AlanWake - Harshlands
    AlanWake - Harshlands Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    All my TT 80 gear (FULL intangibility) it has 3 sockets and +3 refine. Why should I refine my 80 gear to 5, or 4 socket it, while it must be decomposed and I would have to get to level 90 faster than I got to level 80. (FF is very useful into this matter). Doing low damage for a cleric isn't fail, we were only meant for healing. Level 90 gear is much more important to be 4 socketed, and gear for level 99 b:shutup.. that's just too much to socket, though when I reach that level I'm hoping it at least gets to 3 socket. b:victory. And no cleric has beaten me around my level yet. I am a PvP based cleric, I don't do too low damage (6.5k max magic attack; 11k double sparked). My HP is 5.6k; if my HP was 2k like the other clerics, how could i survive a slash from a sword? And, I don't think the cleric was fail if her ring was +5; she knows what she's doing and she doesn't want to spend too much on level 70 gear because she wants her 80 or 90 gear to be flawless. That's all I have to say. No cleric can be fail, they just have their own style of playing.

i can't tell if you were supporting the player or bragging here. . b:sad
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I don't think I'm trying to brag, I'm pretty sure a lot more lvl 80+ arcane users have much more socketed and refined gear than I do. I'm not ashamed I have 3 sockets, knowing that I'll have four socket 90 and 99 gear. ^^;
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    Lusca - Sanctuary Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I'll have four socket 90 and 99 gear. ^^;

good luck with that =]
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    gl with that ;D

edit: lol@Lusca
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
    edited February 2010
    Options
    :> I'm saving every coin I get. b:cute I hope my luck gets it to at LEAST 3 socket b:surrender. As for the weapon, I'll TRY to get the lunar weapon and the frostcovered weapon. b:sad
  • ClericNico - Dreamweaver
    ClericNico - Dreamweaver Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Someone said about skill > gear. This is absolutely true. You can have the greatest gear and still be an idiot lol. You can also be poor and have crappy gear and be awesome. That being said, I don't really get why the OP's example would equip the might ring she's got on, except maybe a brain ****. The belt was prolly for the hp bonus tho.

As far as using tempest instead of double spark, someone refered to this as a mistake. What if their tempest does more damage than double spark + wield thunder? I know mine does. I do a lot of aoe grinding, so tempest was a priority for me. I'm finally starting to up my WT a bit, and when i double spark it now, it does about the same as tempest.

I'd say as long as they're doing their job and keeping the party alive, who cares what skills they use to dd, or what gear they've got equipped? Keep bashing clerics and we'll keep losing clerics. I know DW at least already has a shortage of good clerics....let's not make it worse by harrassing people.
    Sometimes, when I'm bored, I blow myself up. b:victory

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ClericNico: 7x Cleric, Hate2Love Executor
    _Poe_: 7x Barbarian, Tormented Executor (Hate2Love Alt Faction)
    Durzo_Blint: 6x Blademaster, Tormented

The cleric formerly known as the veno known as Sheeeba. b:chuckle
  • RhythmStorm - Heavens Tear
    RhythmStorm - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I don't see what's so bad about that evasion belt.
    I use Ethereal or Elemental belts if they have good extra stats. And hers did. Honestly, I would much rather use a Ethereal Belt with okay stats I got as a quest reward, than a crappy NPC-bought Protection belt. x.x;
    Plus, maybe she's hybrid? And put more vitality than you? So she has less Mag. points, thus affecting her damage?
    But yeah, the might ring is kind of random.. She doesn't need Physical Attack boosts, nor does she need extra Accuracy.
    And I don't see anything wrong with her using an Ancient Arbor. Maybe she doesn't have enough funds to afford a Sakyamuni's Light or a TT70 weapon? Therefore she refined?
    Honestly, just because her gear is crappy [might, again, be a result of her being broke or something] doesn't mean she's a terrible healer.

b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:cute
  • Qingzi - Harshlands
    Qingzi - Harshlands Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I don't see what's so bad about that evasion belt.
    I use Ethereal or Elemental belts if they have good extra stats. And hers did. Honestly, I would much rather use a Ethereal Belt with okay stats I got as a quest reward, than a crappy NPC-bought Protection belt. x.x;
    Plus, maybe she's hybrid? And put more vitality than you? So she has less Mag. points, thus affecting her damage?
    But yeah, the might ring is kind of random.. She doesn't need Physical Attack boosts, nor does she need extra Accuracy.
    And I don't see anything wrong with her using an Ancient Arbor. Maybe she doesn't have enough funds to afford a Sakyamuni's Light or a TT70 weapon? Therefore she refined?
    Honestly, just because her gear is crappy [might, again, be a result of her being broke or something] doesn't mean she's a terrible healer.

b:bye

If she refined to +5, she either has the cash or insane luck
  • Jlora - Sanctuary
    Jlora - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Wow u have 322 magic... b:laugh I'm lvl 66 and have 330+ now i know I'm not a FAIL Cleric b:victory
  • iluvprpl
    iluvprpl Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    What really bothers me about this thread...

The OP says nothing about something bad happening on the boss that made her less skillful. No "her heals didn't keep the tank alive" or "she constantly pulled heal aggro" or something like that. Instead this is a thread bashing her gear, especially after reading the posts. I put a lot more on performance over gear...maybe because my gear is bad for my level, but I can still do anything my sister with TT80 gold can. Skill > gear 90% of the time.

As for the DDing, using Tempest instead of Double Spark is a common mistake. I knew a cleric that was an exemplary cleric that didn't even know what Double Spark was until late 7x, and she never had a problem with it.

I understand that there are fail clerics out there, but let's not all jump on the bandwagon of cleric bashing, okay?

I totally agree. I thought he was gonna talk about her using PHB instead of IH or some other performance-type fail. I've seen a lot of these talks in-game, where people call whatever class a fail because their every piece of gear doesnt have 4 slots filled with flawless jewels. That's just lame, because gear is a small part of performance. It may help with higher levels (75+), but a character is not a fail unless they perform horribly (i.e. a veno who can't pull, a cleric who uses PHB instead of IH on a barb during a boss fight, a DD who steals aggro).
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Well, she made an alright DD. Attacked whatever the tank had aggro on. I don't think I saw her heal once though, not sure if this is because the tank was good or because there was 2 clerics.
    the point of this thread wasn't to bash her equips, it was that I was noticing alot of questionable things with clerics lately and wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing the same.
    the point of this thread wasn't to bash her equips

Also, necro?

EDIT:
    I use fail pretty lightly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • yashino
    yashino Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    wow you guys are so pro
    lvl 6x with over 300 magic
    im lvl100 with only 297 magic WTF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^me

already quit pwi, and yet my gears are still superior than 95% of you people.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    yashino wrote: »
    wow you guys are so pro
    lvl 6x with over 300 magic
    im lvl100 with only 297 magic WTF

How do you equip an up-to-date weapon, then? b:bye
  • Xiiia - Heavens Tear
    Xiiia - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    hey its a game..you know a video game ?? not you live.

should ask you self how many hour of the 24 hour day do you spend in this game.
    how many character you have, how many month / years I spend on them.
    how many hours you sit in ah do buy and sell..
    how many catshop you have running at the same time.
    how many account you have running same time.
    should ask do I even need anyone else cause I have so many character / acct I can do my own squad..

its a video game..some people dont give a ****
    its a game **** up / around all they like

its a VIDEO GAME..before you go continue to b It ch about other people.
    ITS A VIRTUE world.. there is nothing to show for it.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

should ask do I even need anyone else cause I have so many character / acct I can do my own squad..

OVER 9000!!!!!/20 years
    22 per day
    No

Any other questions?
  • iluvprpl
    edited April 2010
    Options

You make a good point. Not everyone takes this game with the same degree of focus/seriousness. But for the most part, people will try to succeed at a game, because otherwise they'll die all the time and get bored of the game, and leave it to go do something else.
  • yashino
    yashino Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    How do you equip an up-to-date weapon, then? b:bye

b:cry hh99 wep is now outdated
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^me

already quit pwi, and yet my gears are still superior than 95% of you people.
  • StreamElf - Sanctuary
    StreamElf - Sanctuary Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Well, my equipment sucks too. I just use anything that a mob drops and things i get as rewards for quests. (except for my TT weapon).
    I'm not rich enough to get all the up to date gear, refine it to +12 and all the other things you can do with it.
    I'm also not getting TT armor till 90, because it costs too much for me to get all the mats required. Is there anything wrong with that? Of course not. The main thing is that i have fun playing the game and that i can keep people alive.
    8x Cleric (Sanctuary)
    6x Veno (Sanctuary)
    5x Assasin (Harshlands)
    3x Archer (Sanctuary)
  • iluvprpl
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Well, my equipment sucks too. I just use anything that a mob drops and things i get as rewards for quests. (except for my TT weapon).
    I'm not rich enough to get all the up to date gear, refine it to +12 and all the other things you can do with it.
    I'm also not getting TT armor till 90, because it costs too much for me to get all the mats required. Is there anything wrong with that? Of course not. The main thing is that i have fun playing the game and that i can keep people alive.

EEEEEEEHHHHHHxactly. I'm not going to start refining until lvl 75+. Before then, you'll be leveling too fast for those extreme + gears to matter.
  • VonSabrewulf - Harshlands
    VonSabrewulf - Harshlands Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    its hard to get good gear in this game without Cash shopping so i respect anyone that has decent equips if they don't cash shop.
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Mmm. When the game wasn't a year old and players that were lvl90+ weren't as numerous it was a lot easier to make money.

I established a nice fortune by farming the OHT power/stamina material from card bosses, selling them for around 125k each at the advent of this business venture. I was netting quite a bit of money for a long time until others started duplicating what my friend and I were doing.

As the game gets older and more and more people reach that end game level, it does become a bit more challenging to make money and earn yourself some nice gear without cash shopping. I suppose that's the way things go though =3

As for fail clerics... I wouldn't just limit it to one class specifically. I think there are a growing number of fail players in general. Doing lvl100 bh seat of torment and the tank insists on remaining in up-right form instead of tiger causing aggro volleyball. Not fun -___-
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I would say it is because they are lvling to fast with 3x bh and now the hyper stone means no one is learning their role right.Then there are the packs that is making some richer than others.I may cash shop but I am not about to spend a ton on packs.I would use it to improve my character.
  • Sylredrae - Sanctuary
    Sylredrae - Sanctuary Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    If I didn't have great friends that were willing to help, I wouldn't have the TT80 robe, pants and boots I got now. (I got the sleeves of the sea captain mold for cheap on AH. XD) Honestly, if I didn't have help, I'd probably be wearing half-decent gear that would be more suited to my veno (who atm doesn't need awesome gear because her pet soaks up most of the damage). And yet, even without TT80 sharded stuff, I still am able to do my job, but the perk is that I can survive aoe better than I used to. b:victory

Also, I once saw a lvl 89 cleric using an ancient arbor (TT60 magic sword) in an unwined bh79 for stygean. It wasn't very refined or sharded unlike with the cleric in the original post. I was shocked at how he could still have a weapon about 30lvls lower, and not a very enhanced one either, but didn't say a word about it to the squad. There wasn't much reason to complain about it anyway, since he didn't take aggro and did an okay job as a cleric. Goes to show that not everything depends on equips. Yes, I have seen clerics with outdated gear, but I'd rather have them in my squads if they're not going to do anything stupid.
    Syredrae ~ lvl 100 Cleric (main character)

Auryl ~ lvl 100 Venomancer

Mainas ~ lvl 80 Barbarian

Suirune ~ lvl 2X Psychic
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    Options
    You mean 20 lvls not 30.I still use my tt60 weapon when my tt70 gets damaged.It is possible they are either to cheap or can't afford a tt70.It is not big deal as long as they aren't wearing Necromancy Armour.
  • Sylredrae - Sanctuary
    Sylredrae - Sanctuary Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    You mean 20 lvls not 30.I still use my tt60 weapon when my tt70 gets damaged.It is possible they are either to cheap or can't afford a tt70.It is not big deal as long as they aren't wearing Necromancy Armour.

Hence, the 'about,' MystiMonk. Ancient arbor is lvl 60, and the cleric was lvl 89. 89-60=29, which can easily be rounded up to thirty. My theory is that he's an alt who just makes do with whatever hand-me-downs his main gives him.
    Syredrae ~ lvl 100 Cleric (main character)

Auryl ~ lvl 100 Venomancer

Mainas ~ lvl 80 Barbarian

Suirune ~ lvl 2X Psychic
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Ok.I see what you mean know and yeah probably an alt.