Faction wars

aximblack
aximblack Posts: 7 Arc User
edited June 2011 in Suggestion Box
Im certain its been suggested many times
but i think Factions should be able to declare war on each other and arrange battles that wont result in red names

I was thinking that 2 factions agree on a time for the war. They submit an agreed upon wager and then fight and the losing faction loses their money and the winning faction takes their winnings (and bragging rights). this may require a special area specifically assigned for faction wars. to keep others from interfering.

This is a great idea cause it gives a lot more dept to the faction system outside of territory wars, cause its quite obvious that kingdom dominates territory on harshlands server, with kylin coming in second, zulu third with its lands in the south and crimson...who just chills there...like Australia or somthin.

there are many guilds in this game and many rivalries, i just think there needs to be a way for them to settle who is the better guild in an organized manner. I also think they should keep a score board or some other record do describe winners and losers.
Post edited by aximblack on

Comments

• LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    aximblack wrote: »
    Im certain its been suggested many times
    but i think Factions should be able to declare war on each other and arrange battles that wont result in red names

I was thinking that 2 factions agree on a time for the war. They submit an agreed upon wager and then fight and the losing faction loses their money and the winning faction takes their winnings (and bragging rights). this may require a special area specifically assigned for faction wars. to keep others from interfering.

This is a great idea cause it gives a lot more dept to the faction system outside of territory wars, cause its quite obvious that kingdom dominates territory on harshlands server, with kylin coming in second, zulu third with its lands in the south and crimson...who just chills there...like Australia or somthin.

there are many guilds in this game and many rivalries, i just think there needs to be a way for them to settle who is the better guild in an organized manner. I also think they should keep a score board or some other record do describe winners and losers.

So.. basically, you want another territory war?
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • aximblack
    edited February 2010
    not a territory war, just a faction battle. not for territory just the one time wager, and by special area I mean like a specific arena or something that can also allow spectators.
  • Kyourimaru - Lost City
    Kyourimaru - Lost City Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Sounds like fun. . the problem with TW is its always at the same time, once a week and the effects of loss are greater.
    With a faction war it'd be a chosen time between guilds. The war could take place in a forest or something maybe with a cliff/water. Imo that would be fun. Whether or not charms would be used within this faction war would need to be greatly dicusses although personally i think itd be nice to go faction vs faction uncharmed that way its fair on the noncashopping guild. And it'd be more of a different experience compared to TW.

Another suggestion, which is similar but on a smaller basis, is a "Team" war. Basically you sign up, and when enough occupants sign up (perhaps 20) two random teams of 10 are ported into a instance on opposite sides and its team VS team war, whoever gets the most kills wins. For a idea such as this charms would be irrevalent. Basically its a fun option to test out personal stragies =)

Edit: Another possibility is something like capture the flag ~ Two teams, once again randomly generated have to have the most flags in their color by the end of the countdown. Eg 10 minute countdown, 9 flags ~ Your team needs to have the most flags in their color by the end -pvp enabled

(Both of these bottom two suggestions would run 24/hrs a day. . Basically PWI needs more things for us to do)
  • Tapion_ - Dreamweaver
    Tapion_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I'm all for it. But Factions should only be able to declare war on factions the same level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aximblack
    edited February 2010
    All of these ideas would add more opportunities for PVP outside of pking and duels.
    Another suggestion, how about tournaments?
    by this i mean an event where individuals battle it out for prizes. there would of course have to be a way to narrow the amount of people participating, perhaps through a random drawing of entries.of course we would have to have ways to keep this fair i.e. level limits like mabey ristricting it to people lvl 30 up and having each tournament tier divided up like
    lvl 30-39 tier
    lvl 40-49 tier
    lvl 50-59 tier
    lvl 60-69 tier
    lvl 70-79 tier
    lvl 80-89 tier
    and i guess a level 90+ tier.
    charms would not be permitted
  • aximblack
    edited February 2010
    I'm all for it. But Factions should only be able to declare war on factions the same level.

I agree with this too.
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    Technotic - Sanctuary Posts: 591 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    aximblack wrote: »
    all Of These Ideas Would Add More Opportunities For Pvp Outside Of Pking And Duels.
    Another Suggestion, How About Tournaments?
    By This I Mean An Event Where Individuals Battle It Out For Prizes. There Would Of Course Have To Be A Way To Narrow The Amount Of People Participating, Perhaps Through A Random Drawing Of Entries.of Course We Would Have To Have Ways To Keep This Fair I.e. Level Limits Like Mabey Ristricting It To People Lvl 30 Up And Having Each Tournament Tier Divided Up Like
    Lvl 30-39 Tier
    Lvl 40-49 Tier
    Lvl 50-59 Tier
    Lvl 60-69 Tier
    Lvl 70-79 Tier
    Lvl 80-89 Tier
    And I Guess A Level 90+ Tier.
    Charms Would Not Be Permitted

I... Love This Idea

Nef is like.. all 100+ XD

Or you can put a max level. Like 0 - 1000 levels. Example you can have ten people at level 100, OR have 20 people at level 50. Something like that. Sounds pretty stupid now that I look at it.... But its a thought.
    Say my name 3 times, I dare you.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • Tal_Bl - Harshlands
    Tal_Bl - Harshlands Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I agree with this, you should allow that.
    But it's don't have to be in special map/cave; It's could be everywhere!
    Many MMO allow to do it everywhere and it's kinda fun b:victory
    Again, allow to fight for a bet, or just for fun and practice(free).
  • ladyamen
    ladyamen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Isn`t the same functionality already in the Cube of Fate?
    Ok thats not for whole factions, but for squads fighting each other
    but i dont have even see once that someone used it :(
  • tqmmy
    tqmmy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    its in the cube too but its bugged lick **** :P i lost a lot of those stones you need to buy because i couldnt get in the arena, or because the npc simply wouldnt give them.