To Developers

Options
booker224
booker224 Posts: 61 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Suggestion Box
With last patch came a couple of new in screen things.

#1. Some type of blank convo screen that's larger than the actual convo screen and interferes/reduces targeting area. The really nice thing about it, is that you can't minimize it, turn it off or get rid of it. With everything opening into the targeting area of our screen is this really necessary?

#2. The really cool pop-up confirmation when you drop something out of you pack. Yes, that's just what we need when dropping 20 junk items is to be asked on every item: "Do you really want to scrap this item?" It is safe to assume that when someone is dropping stuff out of their pack onto the ground they WANT TO SCRAP IT and don't need confirmation. It is not as if the items drop will instantly decay or get picked up by another play. There is that time delay where the player can pick up an item dropped by mistake. So why this redundancy?

"Less is more"

Please remove that confirmation when we drop junk from our packs. It only slows down our game play.
Please give us the means to minimize or get rid of that large screen stealing convo screen regardless of what it is going to be used for.

Thank You
Post edited by booker224 on

Comments

• Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    1. The new window has been confirmed by the GM frankieraye to be used for a feature that will be implemented in the future.

2. The new window was, quite logically, put in to prevent people from accidentally dropping something valuable, such as when transferring things between bank and inventory.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • booker224
    edited February 2010
    Options
    #1. New feature or not the developers had better come up with a way that whatever the feature is it can be turned off and/or the screen minimized. I've spoken to a lot of players and they are not happy with losing playing screen space.

#2. Logically??? That is the most stupid reason I have heard to date. If you misplace and item while passing into one's safe, account stash, NPC trade window, PC trade window it jumps back into the pack. You can not drop something to the ground unless you purposely pull the item from your pack and hold it intentionally over the ground. If you think players appreciate this auto confirm do a pole and find out the truth.

I have heard many a player say that PWI is adding too much junk into the game on player actions. A number of that I have talked with have cut way down on their game playing time or quite completely because they are fed-up with some of this junk.

I suggest that developers use the saying: "Less is more" or install a window like what was installed with the Hyper EXP that allows players to turn ON or Off various features that they decide they don't want to use such as the Auto Confirmation on pack to ground dropped items.

I further suggest that development look into making the Character Pane Description, Navigation Window and a venomancer's Pet Pane Description movable so that a player can set their screen up to their liking.

Thanks for reading my views.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    well me are agree that the annoying window should be given an option to turn off or on/ minimize.

but the new confirmation window be just fine since...humans tend to have lapse of coordination and accidentally drop stuff from their inventory.
    b:surrender
    (there be more then one story of people accidentally dropping a few thousand coins, etc)
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dreaded_Fate - Lost City
    Dreaded_Fate - Lost City Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    its one screen lol. big fkn deal
    [EvilMarlon - Sanctuary] It would be nice to be a male veno i tryed a veno and my dad saw me and he thought i was **** it took me a whole month for him to even talk to me again. <-- LMAO b:chuckle
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    Shivalia - Lost City Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Just go npc the items you want to drop. >.> Seriously. What a waste to go and drop 20 items. I like the confirmation. I never really had a problem with dropping things, but it gives me peace of mind. Keep it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wonderful drawing of Shivalia done by the ever talented Shirrii of Heavens Tear. b:heart Much love to you forever!
  • Xserionx - Sanctuary
    Xserionx - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    booker224 wrote: »
    #1. New feature or not the developers had better come up with a way that whatever the feature is it can be turned off and/or the screen minimized. I've spoken to a lot of players and they are not happy with losing playing screen space.

#2. Logically??? That is the most stupid reason I have heard to date. If you misplace and item while passing into one's safe, account stash, NPC trade window, PC trade window it jumps back into the pack. You can not drop something to the ground unless you purposely pull the item from your pack and hold it intentionally over the ground. If you think players appreciate this auto confirm do a pole and find out the truth.

ok, I've actually had my cursor jump around (do to improper surfaces and the ir sensor) and cause me to remove my equipment by accident, I've also dropped items by ACCIDENT. so while it is a little annoying that they "vista-ed" our inventories, it is actually useful to some.
    now about that window, right click and turn the camera, I do it all the time, it's not THAT hard. and btw, I can click THROUGH it to move and target(also, try using tab...), can't say much about attacking though except that I usually just hit a hotkey for a skill or macro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Truth and Time oft intertwine...For in Time is Truth revealed...
  • booker224
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I guess for that 1% of the playing population that are Children or Uncoordinated or Have broken computers parts really need that Auto Confirmation. That these fine folks need PWI to compensate for what "they" lack.

Meanwhile, we who are part of the 99%, who are not Young Children, Who are very well coordinated, Who take our time and Who have properly working equipment that we use for game play, have to put up with this silly auto confirm. Just give the rest of us who know what we are doing when we are doing the option to turn that and other auto confirmations off and the kiddies can keep it to their hearts content.

When you have 20 items to drop from your pack from a FB ro squad run, yes it is a big fkn deal.

BTW. Staff - Thanks much for removing that 3rd convo screen in last patch (Feb.10th).
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I guess for that 1% of the playing population that are Children or Uncoordinated or Have broken computers parts really need that Auto Confirmation. That these fine folks need PWI to compensate for what "they" lack.

Meanwhile, we who are part of the 99%, who are not Young Children, Who are very well coordinated, Who take our time and Who have properly working equipment that we use for game play, have to put up with this silly auto confirm. Just give the rest of us who know what we are doing when we are doing the option to turn that and other auto confirmations off and the kiddies can keep it to their hearts content.

When you have 20 items to drop from your pack from a FB ro squad run, yes it is a big fkn deal.

BTW. Staff - Thanks much for removing that 3rd convo screen in last patch (Feb.10th).

When you drop your items while banking at west archosaur and proceed to QQ here in the forums, I will point this statement back at you and laugh. - Oh wait, it's a shame you can't do that anymore because PWI made sure lag doesn't **** people over anymore.

It's not just a matter of coordination. Humans are not perfect, and some factors are simply extend beyond our control. It's a 1 second safeguard. 20 items, 20 seconds, boo hoo. Saves people millions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vintersun - Sanctuary
    Vintersun - Sanctuary Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

The auto confirmation for dropping stuff is a great function, my laptop loves to lag around places where there are many players like the bank in arch. During the lag it is easy to drop stuff, the lag dosen't make me into a child.

And also the biggest child is the one which actually complains about a function which tries to help the players.
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)Gotta Love Bunnies!
  • booker224
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I apologies to everyone. It has been clearly demonstrated that it is a MUST HAVE function because of heavy lag at a couple of banking areas caused by a large player population in conjunction with the poor laptops that this 1% group of people are using. Yes, we most definitely need to inconvenience the 99% players with the Auto Confirmation when one wishes to drop items from packs onto the ground.

There are approximately 51 banking locations in Dreamweaver. There are a couple of locations that have lag issues due to player population. So yes the word "Child/Children" comes to mind. You figure it out.b:bye
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    b:chuckle
    what be so wrong with spending 0.1 extra seconds to confirm the drop?
    and how often does one even drop stuff?
    xD

and yesh this addition be more for the "uncoordinated" and "younger" portion of teh community.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Seppuku - Raging Tide
    Seppuku - Raging Tide Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The idea is fine clearly not everybody will like it. I think it is kinda annoying but i like the idea of being able to turn it off if you want to.
  • Xserionx - Sanctuary
    Xserionx - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I apologies to everyone. It has been clearly demonstrated that it is a MUST HAVE function because of heavy lag at a couple of banking areas caused by a large player population in conjunction with the poor laptops that this 1% group of people are using. Yes, we most definitely need to inconvenience the 99% players with the Auto Confirmation when one wishes to drop items from packs onto the ground.

There are approximately 51 banking locations in Dreamweaver. There are a couple of locations that have lag issues due to player population. So yes the word "Child/Children" comes to mind. You figure it out.b:bye

not trying to flame here, but would you just drop it? you can't say that you've NEVER made a mistake in your entire life or you wouldn't be HUMAN lol. yeah it's a button that pops up asking if you wanna drop something lol, big deal, saves me a little time when I transfer stuff, don't have to wait as long to pick it up with alt/main b:victory but yeah, with this whole thing, only a "child" would really make such a fuss over something so small a deal as this lol
    before I leave this thread to float through the forums on it's way to the end of time lol, I leave this question for you to ask and answer to yourself... how old are you? b:puzzled
    that's all I have to say about that b:victorypeace out and remeber, it just a game. have fun all
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Truth and Time oft intertwine...For in Time is Truth revealed...
  • ladyamen
    ladyamen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    at least when you drop something important there is still the "cooldown time" when no other players than you can pick up this item

the popup window with: "are you really sure" is for real too annoying! b:surrender