vit vs mag atk in general

Maragon - Dreamweaver
Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Cleric
Question for all the very high level clerics out there. I see alot of threads debating vit stats and debating healing power and all. So I am personally wondering for 80+ but for lower levels that may read this, what is the recommended HP and magic attack stat (whether gotten by alotted stats or gear does not matter just the stat on the character window) a cleric should have throughout the level range; lets say at 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, and 100. this would include what is needed for the various instances such as TT/FC/LV/Warsong etc.

I would eventually like to compile this information into a general format for a cleric guide I am putting together for my faction.

You might also want to state whether the stats are for pvp or a pve.

Thanks allb:thanks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Maragon - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Rawthorne - Heavens Tear
    Rawthorne - Heavens Tear Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Well I'm not sure of the supposed mag # etc. your interested in but I think this may help you out more. 1. I went a combo hybrid/vit build until I stopped w/ 59 vit (adding mag/vit when I felt the need) which ended oh around in my low 70's I think? 2. I used a tt60 +2 2 sock w/ beautifull shards in it and was fine until I got my mold 79 wpn (which was 1 soc w/ I think a flawless in it) and took it up to 3/4 until I got the 89 mold wpn (same soc/gem in it as before) to +4/5, then tt90 wpn +6 (w/ a perfect shard in it), and now finnaly a tt99 wpn +8 w/ 2 sapphire gems in it. Oh and before all this I used the mag sword mold I think it was obtained in the 50's and had it up to +1. 3. I've NEVER had an issue keeping tanks alive while running instances I should be in if they are the same (ie. don't do 2-3 in your 70's for example) and this was wayyyyyyyyyyyy before we got 10% blessings (thus raising our healss 10% and their def 10%). I always had my heals maxed asap along w/ debuffs etc.

Now here is where tanks started noticing the difference between similar geared clerics as myself who had say 30+ more vit (when we 1st started fighting Belial and they wanted more hp to survive rather then refining their gear). Their charms would tick with higher vit clerics then myself (we normally had similar wpns/refines) whereas w/ me it rarely did. I could take lower hp/pdef barbs succesfully on the tougher tt bosses like Belial, Ape (solo clericing it w/ no bb), and Colluset/Armageddon in 3-3 the better my wpn became.

Tbh there is no right # to shoot for. Basically if you go on instances similar level as your other party members where you belong (ie don't start 2-3/3-3 too early) you are fine if your tank is competent and geared out appropriately. A kinda good rule of thumb I'd suggest for armor/wpns is +1 or so in 60's, +2 in 70's, +3-4 in 80's, and +4-5 in 90's and 99% of time you and the tank are fine. That and ALWAYS I REPEAT ALWAYS use pdef necklace/belt unless you are 100% safe/fighting magic mobs only (keep spares to swap out when need arises for more mdef/pdef/channeling/mp regen depending upon the situation) and alls good.

P.S. Obviously this was meant for pve as pvp you can never have enough att/def/hp/refines etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    ughhh.. endless and pointless debate about having or not 50 points in vit stat..

on higher lvls 50 in vit/mag isnt a factor anymore. even with my silly low hp (4,2k on 94lvl) it s just ~10% more HP or something under 10% in base mag attack

ur stats then are made from 'big numbers' so such small bonuses change anything if u 'stack' them with other

also knowing (1+(MAG/100))*(level+equipment magic attack) wont hurt

but '50 vit' can change much on lower lvls since stat numbers are small (when u have 1,5hp - 50 vit means a lot)

and minimum hp u need to do things?.. there was some numbers on forums earlier

like 2-2,2k hp buffed for drum 1-2
    or 3-3,2k for soulbanisher (i wonder how many ppl are aware that more often they are killed by random aggro + aoe than just aoe actually)

or 3,5 for gamma.. but again u will meet ppl that tell u need more or less, because it depends on squad more tbh

and for pvp.. even 100vit wont help so much if ur other stats suck
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • AlanWake - Harshlands
    AlanWake - Harshlands Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I guess i just always took it the more simple route. .

whether end game, middle or begging, 50 vit = 500 hp

that fact never changes. . and to me the benefits of having that extra hp only go up as you gain lvls, just me though b:surrender

ooh and this is not me saying you should have equal to more to or less then 50 vit, just a statement b:thanks
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Personally I use Pdef ornaments and have 60 Vitality without gears. I PvP a lot so having as much Pdef and HP as I can is a must. It's nice to have extra ornaments to switch out to when you're grinding but I do just fine without them so why waste the coin. Try to get the best gear you can and things will go well, just don't have level 50 gear at level 90b:surrender
  • AlanWake - Harshlands
    AlanWake - Harshlands Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    honestly there are plenty of great 3 * items that people tend to throw off to the side because there not "pro" enough

makes for easy pickings early on b:thanks
  • KawaiiKelly - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiKelly - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I have 100 vit, and I will keep adding points to it. I don't use any garnet shards; I use protection & might rings for more physical defense. My armor is sharded with flawless and immaculate shards (citrines only). My Mag? I can't remember it exactly. I have a lot of HP for my level, I have never seen a level ~80~ cleric beat my HP; I have 5.6k in total.
    f:shame
    edited February 2010
    might rings.

huh?..

10chars
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

• Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    huh?..

10chars

I used a might ring for a shortish period at one point. It had +8 magic though and I +2 or +3 refined it for a nice bit of extra phys.
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • KawaiiKelly - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiKelly - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Might rings give a little bit more physical defense, with a BM buff I have 2k. And without it I have 1.5k. I know a lot of people have more than me, but I don't use garnet shards. =P b:pleased
    f:shame
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Might rings give a little bit more physical defense, with a BM buff I have 2k. And without it I have 1.5k. I know a lot of people have more than me, but I don't use garnet shards. =P b:pleased
    ...you know youll die alot right? Being cleric means to be able to balance out your weak points. Atm you are severely gimped on the physical sides. You can have 20k hp and a physical mob can **** you away like jello if you defense is so low.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited February 2010
    just one of my magic rings affect my base magic attack same like refine + 4-5 on my weapon (depends which ring)

while might ring refined to + 3-5 would give 120-250 p. def in stat (80-150 on ring)

waste

• Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    just one of my magic rings affect my base magic attack same like refine + 4-5 on my weapon (depends which ring)

while might ring refined to + 3-5 would give 120-250 p. def in stat (80-150 on ring)

waste

And I think especially if you're a vit build you definitely need those extra points in matk...without them you're needlessly hurting yourself. The only mag class I see benefitting much from patk rings are venos, because at least the +patk is helping something [foxform]. Why not just refine your belt and necklace?
  • VILKASS - Sanctuary
    VILKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    huh?..

10chars

Rofl for phys def.
    I had a cleric in rb once, after checking their gear realized they were wearing the (88lvl?) mold might rings with +2 crit.

My cleric used to have dif sets of ornaments/rings for dif situations (like a chaneling set, when I know boses have no aoe & I'm safe) Though this is kinda of getting of topic o.O
  • Ahira - Lost City
    edited February 2010

waste

Not necessarily- it depends on your gears. The short period I carried a might ring was for fb/TT runs mostly. I was using a few elemental accessories that i'd found with alot of + magic bonuses to maximise my mana pool. Occasionally I found it useful to switch to a might ring (with +8 magic) for a bit of extra phys on aoe bosses. Yes magic attack is decreased, but less so because of the +magic bonus, and mana is increased further.

But once i found I could tank aoe's with even my squishiest mana gear I stopped using the might ring.
    --Retired--

edited February 2010
    well, +8mag back up a bit but ummm +80 p.def or refine +4 on ur weapon - which option wud u choose?

• Ahira - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    well, +8mag back up a bit but ummm +80 p.def or refine +4 on ur weapon - which option wud u choose?

lol +4 on weapon is obviously better but thats not the point. b:chuckle In terms of my ability to heal a tank in instance swapping a magic ring for a might ring did not make a hugely significant difference.
    --Retired--

edited February 2010
    lol +4 on weapon is obviously better but thats not the point. b:chuckle In terms of my ability to heal a tank in instance swapping a magic ring for a might ring did not make a hugely significant difference.

that 80 p.def didnt change much either ;D

anywa, yea i know what 'idea of changing gear for different occasions' is about
    u were aware what u are doing

but i just wanted to point out what cleric lose by taking off just one ring
    (i dont wanna see more clerics running around with might rings or evasion belts (coz 'evasion makes mobs miss' - true story) b:cry

• Ahira - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    that 80 p.def didnt change much either ;D

anywa, yea i know what 'idea of changing gear for different occasions' is about
    u were aware what u are doing

but i just wanted to point out what cleric lose by taking off just one ring
    (i dont wanna see more clerics running around with might rings or evasion belts (coz 'evasion makes mobs miss' - true story) b:cry

When you're lower level, got elemental neck/belt, no phys shards and a +magic +mana hat with low gems, it does make a bit of difference. b:shocked

Oh yesh- always good to remind people to think twice before doing something different. I saw ep wearing 2x might rings once. I ask him why and he says its for phys defence. I tell him you need to refine them first to get phys from them....... -_______-'
    --Retired--