Resetting VIT from 80 to 30?

Options
Kupuntu - Sanctuary
Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Blademaster
So, I got a bit of extra VIT now, even as much as 80 without equips. So I have been thinking about resetting 50 of it to STR for calas and DEX for AoS. Is it a good idea? It seems to drop my HP quite a bit. I can get calas at 70 with equipment boosts such as my tome, but I cant AoS for quite a while if I dont reset. Any ideas?
100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
Post edited by Kupuntu - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Starchief - Sanctuary
    Starchief - Sanctuary Posts: 606 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    So, I got a bit of extra VIT now, even as much as 80 without equips. So I have been thinking about resetting 50 of it to STR for calas and DEX for AoS. Is it a good idea? It seems to drop my HP quite a bit. I can get calas at 70 with equipment boosts such as my tome, but I cant AoS for quite a while if I dont reset. Any ideas?

Supposedly at 90 the refines from armor give u so much hp, you dun need ANY vit, but wtv Ill hit 90 and find out, right now im at 40 vit and have 5k hp
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Supposedly at 90 the refines from armor give u so much hp, you dun need ANY vit, but wtv Ill hit 90 and find out, right now im at 40 vit and have 5k hp

Yeah I know that at 90 even the zero vit isn't a problem. But at 70, I'm not sure.
  • Ranfa - Dreamweaver
    Ranfa - Dreamweaver Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Unless you TW, low hp isn't really a problem. I've had my vit capped at 35 since around lvl 5x (IIRC) and I did just fine.
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    Haden - Dreamweaver Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I only have 5 vit b:surrender
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    lol you're all from PvE servers.

Vit is a good thing. Get as much as you can. If you can afford +6 or better refines and Vit stones, sure restat to 3 vit.

TW and PvP builds NEED vit or you'll be one shot a lot. Tree of Perdition, BIDS, even a nuke from a veno with +10 cv weap would one shot you. lol

For PvE, as long as you have over 6k HP you're fine. For TW/PvE I'd suggest having at least 9-10k unbuffed. Unless you cash shop, that's not gonna be a simple number to hit.

Right now I'm at 135 vit, restatted from 160 and I'm feeling the pain. Once I get my Nirvana pants and 99 chest, I'll put them to +7 and I might restat some more vit to dex, but probably just end up putting it back on str so I can get my max patk over 9k again.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options

Vit is a good thing. Get as much as you can. If you can afford +6 or better refines and Vit stones, sure restat to 3 vit.

TW and PvP builds NEED vit or you'll be one shot a lot. Tree of Perdition, BIDS, even a nuke from a veno with +10 cv weap would one shot you. lol

For PvE, as long as you have over 6k HP you're fine. For TW/PvE I'd suggest having at least 9-10k unbuffed. Unless you cash shop, that's not gonna be a simple number to hit.

Right now I'm at 135 vit, restatted from 160 and I'm feeling the pain. Once I get my Nirvana pants and 99 chest, I'll put them to +7 and I might restat some more vit to dex, but probably just end up putting it back on str so I can get my max patk over 9k again.

A) I won't PK or TW at 70
    B) You mean that I need 6k HP at 70? I think you meant 90, which is completely different.
    C) Anyway, I can't afford a reset note that resets 50 of one stat.
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

I can't speak for endgame, and no doubt for TW you need massive amounts of HP. That point nobody can argue with.

But at endgame where all the robe classes seem to have huge amounts of pdef, can you really kill them with just axes? Or barbs? Out-DPSing their charm with fists seem to be the most effective way.

I mean there's no point running around with 20k hp if you can't hit/kill anything once in a while.

Personally at 99 I'll be running around with base vit and mag, with the rest split 3:2 amongst strength and dex.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Centaura - Dreamweaver
    Centaura - Dreamweaver Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    <
    Vit and Str Junkie b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Assassin- Cold, Tough, Relentless, Brave, has a Disturbing Mix of Innocence and Violence.

-Proud Member of Vanquish
  • Iulius - Heavens Tear
    Iulius - Heavens Tear Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    you need 6k buffed at 80 and you will be fine, now ppl just keep saying you need dex you need str you need vit men just think what you whant, wana do TW you need vit as you willl be the tanker there same for a loot of runs, now a loot depends on what equip you can get later in the game. My advice is use high hp until 80`s at least you will be safer and when you will draw agro from magic mobs you will not die in 2 shots.
  • Ghost_eyes - Lost City
    Ghost_eyes - Lost City Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    don't be concerned with restating anything, level 70 is still a baby level.

Keep your Vit and wait for mid 80's or 90.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    Options
    There is nothing fail about a pure vit build at 70. At 70, your armor is still kinda **** and it's kinda pointless to refine anything but 9x gear... so keeping your points in vit will help you get to 9x much easier. Besides, you'll want 6k+ unbuffed if you're needed to tank your BH79's.

Personally I think a balanced distribution of points into dex and vit to be the best, at least for me.

A) I won't PK or TW at 70
    B) You mean that I need 6k HP at 70? I think you meant 90, which is completely different.
    C) Anyway, I can't afford a reset note that resets 50 of one stat.

Yeah, I meant at 90+. It's a waste restatting any lower than that unless you've just screwed up your build badly because at some point during 90-100 you will probably have the desire to play around with the build.

But at endgame where all the robe classes seem to have huge amounts of pdef, can you really kill them with just axes? Or barbs? Out-DPSing their charm with fists seem to be the most effective way.

Personally at 99 I'll be running around with base vit and mag, with the rest split 3:2 amongst strength and dex.

Yes, you can kill endgame mages with axes... it's just pretty difficult and you need to maintain stunlock and dew/turtle pot. Vit is really important here, yes they have a chance to one shot you still and your best bet is to pot, but str or dex isn't gonna help you much here. High refines on your ornaments + weapon are pretty much a must. Cash shop 10x mages are really hard to 1v1 since I've restat to fist/dex. :\

If you want to use fist/claws in pvp, you really need all the -int gear you can get, very high weapon refines and practice a lot. I'm still not comfortable pvping with them yet.
  • Taeknight - Lost City
    Taeknight - Lost City Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I am a lvl 93 bm with 6,9k hp -- thats really low

But at the same time i am alot harder to take down than BMs my lvl with 8k hp

I have M def shards in my armor, and have 12k mdef fully buffed, with a phy nec, and the mdef shards flawless -- and its lvl 11 hell marrow

IJS, all BMs must have Mdef shards in armor, like wizards Pdef shards in their, trust me >.>

Also, if u wanna be good in a TW get TE for ur genie, and spam it. No way any wiz can kill you 1on1, and no one will call target on you, unless ur some one like Athran ~
  • Esque - Lost City
    Esque - Lost City Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

But at the same time i am alot harder to take down than BMs my lvl with 8k hp

I have M def shards in my armor, and have 12k mdef fully buffed, with a phy nec, and the mdef shards flawless -- and its lvl 11 hell marrow

IJS, all BMs must have Mdef shards in armor, like wizards Pdef shards in their, trust me >.>

Also, if u wanna be good in a TW get TE for ur genie, and spam it. No way any wiz can kill you 1on1, and no one will call target on you, unless ur some one like Athran ~

You're going the same route I am. :D Except I'll be stacking immac m-def instead of flawless and I'll be getting Swindler's Neck soon.
    Allnighte - knn read pwdatabase laio, rank6 weap needs all of the badges la.
    rank8 laio just la needs laio rep la

Naevo - o wait dis be pw-my-en? ding dong la
    edited February 2010
    Options

Disagree. If you can afford to refine to +6/+7 or better on your gears, shard however you want. If you can't hit at least 8k hp on just refines, shard with citrines. 6.9k hp with a charm is easy prey... marrows are for pve, 1v1 and duels. Marrows will get you ***** in group pvp.
  • Legendadry - Harshlands
    Legendadry - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Disagree. If you can afford to refine to +6/+7 or better on your gears, shard however you want. If you can't hit at least 8k hp on just refines, shard with citrines. 6.9k hp with a charm is easy prey... marrows are for pve, 1v1 and duels. Marrows will get you ***** in group pvp.

lol what? how are marrows for pve? idk what goes on in lost TW's but on harsh wiz's hit hard as hell. I usually never get hit by a phys class in TW. Seeing as how BM's are supposed to Run in and stun and then run back. While on attack they keep stunning and running up. In TW ur supposed to have your mag marrow on at all times. poping in a few mdef shards isnt bad but unless their +100 gems i wouldnt do it. better of just refeining your swindlers neck and demon slaugher belt till u get 4th past belt.
    I dont level Slow I just enjoy the game b:surrender
  • Kisho_Seiko - Heavens Tear
    Kisho_Seiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Yes, you can kill endgame mages with axes... it's just pretty difficult and you need to maintain stunlock and dew/turtle pot. Vit is really important here, yes they have a chance to one shot you still and your best bet is to pot, but str or dex isn't gonna help you much here. High refines on your ornaments + weapon are pretty much a must. Cash shop 10x mages are really hard to 1v1 since I've restat to fist/dex. :\

Um...you must be doing something wrong, methinks <<

Maybe it's because stun-locks and surviving have become drastically easier with the introduction of the genie, but surviving/winning 1v1 verses robe classes isn't too hard for me as a BM, and I've been picking on lvl 100s since I was high 80s (duels+1v1). I didn't even have high refines or great shards, even <<

Max out occult ice, learn to stun lock, and use True Emptiness to either nuke or protect yourself. Keep AMM on (lvl3) and you should do well enough to survive/kill them, unless they get a crit or three in in a row (assuming you're charmed).

I've killed wizzies and clerics with weapons anywhere between +8 and +11 with this O.o (weapon of course, armor was +5).
  • Aeremay - Harshlands
    Aeremay - Harshlands Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I only have 5 vit b:surrender

I have 3 vit without any add on stats o.o"
    Due to the fact, the Reset scrolls took out more than I wanted.
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Cash shop 10x mages are really hard to 1v1 since I've restat to fist/dex. :\

Have you tried Roar, Demon Spark, Occult Ice, punch till spark, Bash, punch? If you start w/ full chi, you'll get the spark before Occult Ice is up and keep them locked. It's not completely reliable of course, but deadly when it lands.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I have 3 vit, and shard with immac citrines. I have all +5 HH90 green. My HP is 6.5k. That's with demon slaughter belt, swindlers, and staying with misty rings for the extra vit.

I left my marrows at level 4, so my mag marrow basically just cancels out golden aura leaving me with my base phy def and a mag def equal to it. (Higher phy and mag def than LA easily).

I sometimes ponder putting vit back in, but my phy atk is quite high and I enjoy being able to wield all four of my class's weapons at the appropriate level.

I switch weapons constantly in PvP.
    True Emptiness and Balance will make it near impossible for a AA to kill you, and unless they have ridiculous high refines or you tank someone hell sparking with fists, HA classes aren't really any trouble.

I plan to level my marrow to 11 after I get level 11 aura. I do use mag marrow in PvP. I never use phy marrow in PvP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Taeknight - Lost City
    Taeknight - Lost City Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

Nah, youre really wrong

Well i have a lvl 11 hell marrow, and i am trying to get lvl 11 buff. think bro 75%+75% = 150 % p def, and - 90 % kuz of the marrow, think u have 150 % mdef and 60 % pdef(like if ur using a lvl 10buff)

Just buff urself every 15 sec, Today, i had like 2 squads of essence on me. They couldnt kill me REALLY, althought i did pop a turtle pot. but yeah its not about ur HP its about ur Def

And i made my set +3 i now have 7,1k hp D:
  • Etaerc - Lost City
    Etaerc - Lost City Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    No, he's right. While mdef shards are better, unless you have at the bare minimum 8k hp unbuffed you should shard hp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Motoko - Raging Tide
    Motoko - Raging Tide Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    If you have any grade 13 or better equip you shouldn't shard hp or vit or Mdef, with those clues you should be able to figure out what to shard... but be quiet about it can't afford to let the secrets get out. Would make sharding more expensive for those in the know :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This is the way the world ends
    Not with a bang but a whimper. - T. S. Eliot
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Umm... fwiw, I'm not talking about mages with lousy gear. A 10x mage with +2 HH90 set and weapon are easily dispatched.
    lol what? how are marrows for pve? idk what goes on in lost TW's but on harsh wiz's hit hard as hell. I usually never get hit by a phys class in TW. Seeing as how BM's are supposed to Run in and stun and then run back. While on attack they keep stunning and running up. In TW ur supposed to have your mag marrow on at all times. poping in a few mdef shards isnt bad but unless their +100 gems i wouldnt do it. better of just refeining your swindlers neck and demon slaugher belt till u get 4th past belt.

Yeah, I red sprint to stun 8jun mage in a DD party with my Magic Marrow and then 8jun or +10cv archers go to take me out. Sorry, no room for my marrows pushing the front line. Maybe I'm wrong for not doing so, but it's been working for me.

When you're running in, you have better dew of star or stone turtled otherwise you'll likely die quickly. Instead of marrowing and balance, I call my target, rush in and stun and amp and leave.

Agreed, if you can't afford sapphire gems, you're much better off with citrines or def level shards.

Um...you must be doing something wrong, methinks <<

Maybe it's because stun-locks and surviving have become drastically easier with the introduction of the genie, but surviving/winning 1v1 verses robe classes isn't too hard for me as a BM, and I've been picking on lvl 100s since I was high 80s (duels+1v1). I didn't even have high refines or great shards, even <<

I'm not talking about your average lvl 9x TE one-shot. If a lvl 100 mage can't kill you quickly, they're pretty fail. Especially when you were 8x. But, wtf, duels? Mages are easy to beat in duels. Group PvP is a completely diff story.
    Have you tried Roar, Demon Spark, Occult Ice, punch till spark, Bash, punch? If you start w/ full chi, you'll get the spark before Occult Ice is up and keep them locked. It's not completely reliable of course, but deadly when it lands.

How often do mages let you come right up to them and roar? lol

Occult Ice FIRST. Roar if you get the chance. Distance shrink is a *****.
    boo4u wrote: »
    i love true emptyness with my high vit/str genie its a sure half hp gone for a robe/la wearer.

True emptiness even on my 108 Str genie doesn't do much to a mage approaching 10k pdef unless I dragon. Even then it's most likely a waste of sparks if the mage has over 6k hp. Better off saving the chi for stunlocking.
    I have 3 vit, and shard with immac citrines. I have all +5 HH90 green. My HP is 6.5k. That's with demon slaughter belt, swindlers, and staying with misty rings for the extra vit.

I plan to level my marrow to 11 after I get level 11 aura. I do use mag marrow in PvP. I never use phy marrow in PvP

6.5k? I would get one-shot by Ehee too easiliy. I can usually take 2-4 hits, but not enough time to get close to him. I use marrows on PvP only when I'm not fighting against a mixed group. Too many +10 CV and 8jun bows out there to risk any pdef.

Then again, when I'm talking group PvP it's usually against Spec... and they have a lot of hard-hitting mages and EAs.
    Nah, youre really wrong

Well i have a lvl 11 hell marrow, and i am trying to get lvl 11 buff. think bro 75%+75% = 150 % p def, and - 90 % kuz of the marrow, think u have 150 % mdef and 60 % pdef(like if ur using a lvl 10buff)

Just buff urself every 15 sec, Today, i had like 2 squads of essence on me. They couldnt kill me REALLY, althought i did pop a turtle pot. but yeah its not about ur HP its about ur Def

lol 2 squads? I heard a couple days ago that you died a lot. That's about it really.

7.1k is much better than 6.5, by a bit, imo.
  • ssilly
    ssilly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Nah, youre really wrong

Rofl.. i wud like to see it b:laugh
  • CuteLilDemon - Lost City
    CuteLilDemon - Lost City Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Should an axes/pole/fists bm (lvl90) reset his vit from 89 to 50 or 40?
    (He has full HH90 set + 4 n 5-all g8 shards, w/ 1 misty, TC cape+4, viciousness helmet +3)
    He used to be a vit build, pve playber but now he wants to become a pvp/TW player kinda thing
    Answer this question asap plz
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    (He has full HH90 set + 4 n 5-all g8 shards, w/ 1 misty, TC cape+4, viciousness helmet +3)
    He used to be a vit build, pve playber but now he wants to become a pvp/TW player kinda thing

read above posts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    Options

Going to PvP? No. Unless he's sharding with citrine gems or vit stones, +4/5 refines on HH90 isn't enough for vit that low to fight against factor gear.

For just RPK? Doesn't really matter... anyone can RPK and get red if they want.

EDIT: BTW, I'm one of the people who *thought* I would restat all my Vit into Dex & Str when I hit 90, but when I got there I realized that it wouldn't really be a good thing without +7 or better refines on armor. For just PvE you don't need the vit... for TW/PVP/PK vit is a godsend.
  • CuteLilDemon - Lost City
    CuteLilDemon - Lost City Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Thx for answering
    BTW how much vit, dex, n str a pvp (fist, axes, polearm) bm have?
    Oh n is it a must for BM to have Mdef shards in one of their HH gears?
    P.S hes not going for rpk
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Thx for answering
    BTW how much vit, dex, n str a pvp (fist, axes, polearm) bm have?
    Oh n is it a must for BM to have Mdef shards in one of their HH gears?
    P.S hes not going for rpk

Erm... Everyone really builds their stats to what they feel comfortable with and how well geared they are. I would avoid mdef shards unless you can afford to refine really well, or if you're going pure vit build, min dex for axes or pole.