Iridesence Wing Question

Abominus - Sanctuary
Abominus - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
edited February 2010 in General Discussion
I accidentally posted this thread in the Suggestion Forum:

I've pored over the posts in the forums and did not see any other questions related specifically to this, so I'll ask here. Why is it that some Iridesence wings are 3.2/6.2 speed and others are 3.0/6.0 speed? I was selling my wings earlier when a potential buyer basically insinuated that I was a cheat or a scammer or something of that nature, because my wings were showing at 3.0/6.0 (even though I was only selling them for 8 million, but I digress).

So what is the story with that? I looked in the Auction House and saw some Iridesence wings there and they showed 3.2/6.2 speed. Why were mine (apparently) slower?

Thank you in advance.
Post edited by Abominus - Sanctuary on

Comments

• FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    could be that the other wings had had widgets added to them- that makes them faster.i did with my seraphics, and i outfly others, and have to stop to wait for others i am with.

being faster has its pros and cons....and costs! it takes a LOT of widgets to speed up aerogear.

I accidentally posted this thread in the Suggestion Forum:

I've pored over the posts in the forums and did not see any other questions related specifically to this, so I'll ask here. Why is it that some Iridesence wings are 3.2/6.2 speed and others are 3.0/6.0 speed? I was selling my wings earlier when a potential buyer basically insinuated that I was a cheat or a scammer or something of that nature, because my wings were showing at 3.0/6.0 (even though I was only selling them for 8 million, but I digress).

So what is the story with that? I looked in the Auction House and saw some Iridesence wings there and they showed 3.2/6.2 speed. Why were mine (apparently) slower?

Thank you in advance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Jesya - Lost City
    Jesya - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    The wings originally were 3.2/6.2 but apparently after one of the patches this text was erased.
    I subitted a ticket and the response was that the speed remained the same, but the text was removed.

I never tested this tho. b:surrender
    b:bye
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Did you read my reply before you remade the thread? b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Abominus - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    I thought widgets at first two, but those other wings were basic wings...no upgrades. I've sold the wings already to someone who wanted them, so I don't need to file the ticket myself, I just wanted to know for personal curiosity. Until that person mentioned it to me I never really looked at their speed, because I thought all wings were the same speed unless upgraded.

I only mentioned it because there probably are people out there who think someone is trying to pull a fast one on them when they try and sell 3.0/6.0 version of the wings.
  • Abominus - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Aadi, I just now revisited the original thread and the response you gave is plausible. Thank you for responding. I truly appreciate it.

And thank you to the others who responded as well.
  • J_Brightstar - Sanctuary
    J_Brightstar - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I bought my iridesence from the cash shop during a 1 week special a long time ago for $50. They were 3.2 / 6.2 up until about the time the Tideborn expansion came out. Now they show 3.0 / 6.0. I put in a ticket about 2 weeks after the expansion, and still haven't gotten an answer. The wings in the cash shop now have 3.2 / 6.2. I hope PWI doesn't expect me to pay for another set just to get the .2. I definitely feel I've been ripped off.
  • Dizzel - Lost City
    Dizzel - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    The Iridesence wings you get from Anni packs aero delight are 3.2 the ones from the cash shop are 3.0
  • Euphy - Dreamweaver
    Euphy - Dreamweaver Posts: 495 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Brightstar, the exact same thing happened to me... and I haven't gotten a reply after I sent two well spaced out tickets. I felt pretty ripped off but they're still my favorite wings so I refuse to replace them. If Jesya is right that there actual speed is not different that'd be lovely. However, I feel like this would be a very simple patch to fix this text. Maybe something for next week GMs!
    Edit- I was flying with my husband (He uses the Flame Drill @ 3,2 m/s) and he outflew me... so yeah maybe this has another cause but shouldn't we fly the same speed if its only a text typo? =(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ShadowOnX - Heavens Tear
    ShadowOnX - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    The Iridesence wings you get from Anni packs aero delight are 3.2 the ones from the cash shop are 3.0

Sorry but to correct you, you do not get the Iridescence in Anni packs and they were always 3.2 it change once the Tideborn patch came along because I am having the same problem as everyone else. Mine use to hve 3.2/6.2 and now they are only 3.0/6.0.
  • Dizzel - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Sorry but to correct you, you do not get the Iridescence in Anni packs

I got mine from the anni packs b:surrender
    and they are 3.2 always have been, no problems here
  • youllnevergetme
    youllnevergetme Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    the wings were originally sold in the CS for a limited time way before anniversary packs.
    during this time the speed was indicated as 3.2 and 6.2

THESE wings that were bought from the CS now have the 3.2 6.2 text removed after the tideborn patch.

this does not affect the wings obtained through the packs

the original CS wings were 3.2 6.2

hope that clears things up for ya bub

those that are trying to sell the original CS wings (pre anniversary pack) are having problems because of the missing text.
    nerd.png
    Live to win, 'till you die, 'till the light dies in your eyes
    Live to win, take it all, just keep fighting till you fall
    Obsessive, compulsive, suffocate your mind
  • J_Brightstar - Sanctuary
    J_Brightstar - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2010

So what you're saying is that since last June, I had been imagining the speed on my iridesence at 3.2/6.2? I don't think so. Also, I checked the cash shop when they released them permanently, and they were 3.2/6.2 in the cash shop. Maybe you're thinking of different wings.
  • Dizzel - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    So what you're saying is that since last June, I had been imagining the speed on my iridesence at 3.2/6.2?

lols no, I simply stated that the iridesence from the anni packs have retained there 3.2 stats where as cs wings lost the .2 text.
    Sorry for the confusion b:bye
  • Pinkiny - Raging Tide
    Pinkiny - Raging Tide Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I buyed mine the day they came in the cs after the TB release.
    They are 3.2/6.2. But i want them even faster, like 5.0&8.0 b:dirty