Name the most difficult class

Options

Comments

• Risingson - Lost City
    Risingson - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Lol @Veno hardest class. All you have to do is send your pet and heal him if you don't feel like taking the risk to steal aggro yourself.
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
  • Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear
    Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I have tried all classes and only ones that made it above level 30 are my cleric (80) and this veno, so they are the easiest to play. I'd have to say that the hardest was playing an assassin, cause I had to use hp and mp pots both to stay alive after each kill T.T. They're useful only after level 40 or so I've heard anyway, before that, just too squishy. But they do good damage tho.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Lol @Veno hardest class. All you have to do is send your pet and heal him if you don't feel like taking the risk to steal aggro yourself.

If you ever played a veno yourself this goes to show you're fail. I usually compare veno to playing the guitar, any **** can learn the basics but it's one of the most difficult instruments to master. Venos have one of the more complex role in squads. We share with BMs the primary responsability of handling strays and keeping an eye on the cleric. We share in the DDs role and have to use our judgement on wether at any given time is best for us to nuke or debuff. We may even become tank/healer on ocassion. We are also the best choice for puller and can still handle the job much better than any other class.

When fighting a boss a veno can't afford to afk or to just spam a couple of combos. We have to juggle keeping armor break up with amping(some of us always use EP), keeping the tank or cleric sparked, bramble, being efficient DD, our pet skills (and keeping them healed trough AoE) and still remain available in case of strays/respawns.

I'm usually keeping an eye on at least 3-4 cooldowns (some of which i have to time together) on boss fights. DD/support/puller and sometimes even tank/healer it's not as easy a role as it may seem to you. A GOOD veno in your squad will make a world of difference as to how fast, safe and effective a run can be made.

Fail venos that might as well not be there, can't handle most small emergencies on their own and simply play a weak DD role while hiding behind their pet are not the class standard.

I'm not claiming we are the hardest class to master (i voted wizard) but people like you that refer to veno as easy mode are fail gamers.
  • Risingson - Lost City
    Risingson - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I see you put your ego into this game. Chill.

I was mainly talking about PvE here. And I'm sticking to it, for grinding and such Veno is damn easy. I wouldn't know about PvP... I just think that past a certain point it's not about the class anymore, it's about the player (and, sadly, sometimes it's about the cash).
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Insert text about venos here.

I agree.

Venos can actually have a lot of roles in a squad and are by far the most versatile class of them all. They can wear heavy, light or arcane, they have different pets to lure different mobs and while they are generally a DD/lure combo a good veno can also tank.

However you make it sound far harder than it actually is.

And I disagree with you making it sound that hard. I'm sorry, but a veno is one of the easiest classes to play from a PvE squadding and grinding standpoint. It's not as complex as you're making it seem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SilentReaper - Harshlands
    SilentReaper - Harshlands Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Having played all the classes (except Psychic, since I just see them as an underpowered wizard and therefore see no point in them), this is how I would rank them, easiest to hardest (note - this is mostly from a PvE standpoint):

1. Obviously a veno. Taking damage in PvE? Yeah right. Never happens. You have a pet to do that. You also have MP/HP recovery skills.

2. Archers. Taking damage in PvE? Yeah right. Never happens. You have extreme range and slows/stuns/knockbacks for that. You also have an MP recovery skill to recover the (little) mana you used to keep that mob away.

3. Wizards. Taking damage in PvE? Yeah right. Never happens (this is probably getting old, but true, ranged classes have a major advantage because of this). You do massive damage that will kill anything before it could ever hope to reach you. And at 59, once you combine wellspring quaff and double spark, you rarely ever need to use MP pots.

4. I'm going to assume a psychic would go here. Because they're kind of like wizards, but with less mp to rely on.

5. BMs. Good defense, they can heal themselves, have a variety of high damaging skills and weapons, and they can AOE grind. Great solo class if you like to level up fast and efficiently.

6. Barbs. Taking damage in PvE? Of course. But you have thousands of health points that you can just recover using sunder. It takes a little while to kill things, since you pretty much rely on auto attack due to a lack of high damaging skills, but it's pretty easy to handle. Just takes patience. You also play an important role in a squad - keeping aggro and being a good main tank overall, which can be a little pressure some might find tough to handle.

7. Clerics. They're a good solo class because of the heals, and the range, but the problem (especially earlier on) is that most don't focus on attack skills at first, and struggle to quest alone. While always wanted in parties, you have to go through a lot of mana pots to do your job, and you don't have the massive mp pool wizards do to benefit from double or triple spark as much. But if you're rich and mp usage isn't really an issue, this class could easily go to number 2, before archers.

8. Assassins. They are hands down the WORST class at PvE. Melee? Light armor? What a joke. The amount of pots (both mp and hp) I eat through compared to when I would play any other class is ridiculous. So why play an assassin? It's fun as hell to pk with them b:victory

77 wizard, 72 assassin, 71 barb, 68 cleric, 62 bm, and 54 archer. These are my opinions based on having leveled these classes to those levels.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Options
    2. Archers. Taking damage in PvE? Yeah right. Never happens. You have extreme range and slows/stuns/knockbacks for that. You also have an MP recovery skill to recover the (little) mana you used to keep that mob away

I would like to know what level your archer was because that's the biggest amount of **** I have read in a very, very long while.

We can kill mobs extremely quickly at higher levels but at earlier levels when you do not have these skills mobs

- will reach you
    - will hit you
    - have a strong probability to kill you if they are increased life/def or sac. assault because they either take too long to kill, or hit you too hard

I also never learned to kite, so admittedly I made my archer character all the more challenging to play by not kiting in the first place.

Archers use a lot of MP if we spam skills. Stun > freeze > knockback isn't the most costly thing in the world but it is by no means cheap and if you somehow think Winged Shell is going to give you back ALL that mana you're very sadly mistaken.

We aren't the hardest class to play by far but you've been playing your archer wrong if you got to level 54 and that's what you honestly think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MR_SQUISHY - Dreamweaver
    MR_SQUISHY - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I find assasin most difficult

can some1 answer my Q pls: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=623281
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    It depends how you define "difficult". If you mean kill stuff without getting killed, then yes veno is easiest.

If you mean figuring out the most effective way to play the class, then the veno is hands-down the most difficult class. You and the pet do magic and melee damage, you yourself have the option to switch to melee damage. You have debuffs which may or may not be more effective than attacking - is it better to take the 6 sec to drop into fox form and Amp, or should you just continue to nuke for those 6 sec? Do you cast Ironwood because it has a pdef debuff attached, or do you cast Lucky at a higher mana cost because it does more damage and doesn't cost chi, but doesn't have a debuff? You have to choose between attacking and healing your pet, as well as the timing of your heals - do you heal now and waste some of your heal because the pet isn't too damaged, or do you heal after another attack and risk your pet dying from a big hit? You have to control both your pet and yourself, which includes both management in multi-mob combat (sometimes you're better off attacking a different thing than your pet, sometimes you're better off attacking the same thing), as well as selecting which pet to get and which skills should go on it. You can play as DDer, healer, or even tank - you have to figure out when which is most appropriate.

The veno is like Go. The rules are simple enough that anyone can play it, but in terms of mathematical complexity it is more challenging than Chess.
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Wizard...I quit playing mine at lvl21...I may go back and level him though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I would like to know what level your archer was because that's the biggest amount of **** I have read in a very, very long while.

We can kill mobs extremely quickly at higher levels but at earlier levels when you do not have these skills mobs

- will reach you
    - will hit you
    - have a strong probability to kill you if they are increased life/def or sac. assault because they either take too long to kill, or hit you too hard

I also never learned to kite, so admittedly I made my archer character all the more challenging to play by not kiting in the first place.

Archers use a lot of MP if we spam skills. Stun > freeze > knockback isn't the most costly thing in the world but it is by no means cheap and if you somehow think Winged Shell is going to give you back ALL that mana you're very sadly mistaken.

We aren't the hardest class to play by far but you've been playing your archer wrong if you got to level 54 and that's what you honestly think.

I played it wrong if I thought it was easy? >.>
    The reason I stopped playing at only 54 was because I got so damn bored of it being easy...
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I played it wrong if I thought it was easy? >.>
    The reason I stopped playing at only 54 was because I got so damn bored of it being easy...

Nope but if you think you can spam stuns, knockbacks and freezes and just use wing shell to recover that mana fast enough then yes, you were doing something wrong. If winged shell was that good I'd have no need for MP pots. Also, winged shell is a waste of chi if you only use it to gain mana back, and that chi is better used for other skills.

And like I said, an archer isn't a difficult class but by no means is it a constantly easy class to play. However, whatever floats your boat I suppose.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quinnie - Heavens Tear
    Quinnie - Heavens Tear Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    wizard/cleric as hardest followd by barb/bm then assa/arch and psych/veno as last veno is easiest class to play. psych's hit pretty hard if well played mobs die in about 2~3 hits hits for quite some time.

there more high wiz's these days tough but before there werent much high wiz's cuz most quitted their wiz cuz the amount of deaths and the hard playing style was to much.

archer does have some tough lvls but eventually it gets so easy that mobs wont even hit you anymore cuz their alrdy dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Nope but if you think you can spam stuns, knockbacks and freezes and just use wing shell to recover that mana fast enough then yes, you were doing something wrong. If winged shell was that good I'd have no need for MP pots. Also, winged shell is a waste of chi if you only use it to gain mana back, and that chi is better used for other skills.

And like I said, an archer isn't a difficult class but by no means is it a constantly easy class to play. However, whatever floats your boat I suppose.

Well I never 'spammed skills' as you say, and it would bug me whenever I saw other archers doing so. I would usually (if my memory serves correctly) use frost arrow, a couple of normal attacks, then knockback when it got to close, and then normal attacks again until it died. That's not that much mana at all. And it worked pretty much every time (except for inc life/defense mobs of course, and sacrificial mobs were my favorite - they required no special attacks to kill, and you get more exp from them b:victory). I was tired of the same thing over and over again
    It's almost like being a wizard, but when you're a wizard, you have to use a different combination of attacks to kill efficiently because of the elemental resistances and weaknesses. So that's why I found being a wizard more interesting than being an archer, even though they're similar in the way that mobs never really get a chance to touch them. In my experience anyway.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Well I never 'spammed skills' as you say, and it would bug me whenever I saw other archers doing so. I would usually (if my memory serves correctly) use frost arrow, a couple of normal attacks, then knockback when it got to close, and then normal attacks again until it died. That's not that much mana at all. And it worked pretty much every time (except for inc life/defense mobs of course, and sacrificial mobs were my favorite - they required no special attacks to kill, and you get more exp from them b:victory). I was tired of the same thing over and over again

I'll admit, grinding on an archer is boring. But, I will say this...

As an archer your best way to deal the most damage effectively is auto-attack. A quick glance at forums would have told you this. If doing the same old same old doesn't appeal to you... then you would have been able to guess you wouldn't have had fun playing an archer. =P

I personally quite like the class and while I don't necessarily find it the most challenging thing in the world it's not a laborious class to play and I quite enjoy being able to shoot things and make them eat the dirt before they can even touch me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tamuz - Lost City
    Tamuz - Lost City Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The people who voted veno , physic, and barbarian are complete idiots b:laugh
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The veno is like Go. The rules are simple enough that anyone can play it, but in terms of mathematical complexity it is more challenging than Chess.

I play Go... I wonder if I should play a venomancer.

Saving up for a Hercules feels like a pain, though.
    edited February 2010
    Options
    As an archer your best way to deal the most damage effectively is auto-attack. A quick glance at forums would have told you this.

And that's where I got all my info, lol. I always research as much as I can before trying something out, which is probably why I never really found this game as hard as some people say it is (like everyone saying wizards are hard to play as - they're really not, you just have to be smart about it).
    If doing the same old same old doesn't appeal to you... then you would have been able to guess you wouldn't have had fun playing an archer. =P

Well I constantly go from class to class because I find interest in all of them. It kind of sucks though, can't seem to pick a class I really want to stick with b:surrender
    Which is why I've decided to make my... 8th? 9th? >.> character on a pvp server instead of PvE (I originally came from DW, then made my first assassin on RT, now this assassin on HL) because I really liked being an assassin, but only the pvp part of it.
    I personally quite like the class and while I don't necessarily find it the most challenging thing in the world it's not a laborious class to play and I quite enjoy being able to shoot things and make them eat the dirt before they can even touch me.

My first character was an archer, because I've always thought archers are cool. I like bows and pew pewing an whatnot, but after a while I found I just couldn't stick with it =/

There's something for everyone.
    You could also say the easiest class is pretty much the one you have the most fun playing.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Make it sound far harder? Where was i off? To all you saying veno is easy, please show me where i made a mistake in my description. What is easy is to look down upon the role played by another class. I could say DD role is the easiest as all they do is press a combo and pretty much the hardest part about their job is not stealing aggro. I don't because i understand good players put a lot of thought in how to deal damage EFFECTIVELY. Likewise i could say a cleric's role is easy because they basically only use three skills once everyone's buffed and can even afk at bosses. Ofc GOOD clerics keep an eye on everyone's hp and make the tough calls... See a pattern.

You may not believe it that i do a lot when squaded but i do. That's one of the reasons i chose to play veno. I'm sorry for you guys if all you've come to expect from a veno is to have your view blocked by a huge pet or to stand around bored when an herc tanks. I dismiss no other class as useless because i've been lucky enough to squad with people from each class (leaving the TB out of this for a moment) that has shown me what they're capable of. You think it's easy to manage chi so you can both spark someone and DD effectively? You think it's easy doing so while timing skills so you'll always debuff the sec the cooldown is up? While keeping a pet alive through AoE? GTFO. Each class has moments that require atention and skill. Venos actually die grinding people, we also get respawns and we sometimes get mobbed. We do take hits from mobs whatever you may choose to believe or other venos will tell you.

People can tell the difference when they're with a veno that knows what they're doing. Playing a veno to it's full potential is nowhere near easy and that you may coast along doing next to nothing while playing one doesn't mean all of us do. I've played this game since near release (and no, this isn't my only char and i've taken long breaks from the game) and even now i wouldn't claim to have fully mastered everything my class can do.

If you ever squad with me you may not notice me doing anything extraordinary, i'm not a show off, but you should have a run that goes fast and with few if any complications. That's a venos main job to me, to ensure everyone else can do their job without a hitch, and i'm happy to say there are always those few who do notice and appreciate it. If you think it's easier than what any other class does you're sorely mistaken. I always pull my own weight in squads and expect others to do the same...
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I would vote that Wizards are the most difficult to play, though they're probably the only class that I can play WELL.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Wall of text

You apparently didn't read my post properly.

If you did you would have seen the very first thing I said was that I agreed a veno was more complex than "-send in pet- -heal pet- -watch pet-". But apparently you missed that part, because then you couldn't come back and complain that people were saying your class is so easy it's unreal. I did have a little respect for your posts, but now that I can see you're blinded to people agreeing venos are a complex class the instant they say it's an easy class to learn, I've lost that respect. You are just looking for a reason to complain that people say your class is easy (maybe because you personally found it hard? I don't know)

The first thing you need to realise is that I have a veno alt. Currently level 62, so a little bit low yes, but certainly at a level where I know and understand the roles of venos in squads without a question. I also have several veno friends and every single one of them would agree with me that a veno is easy to play.

Being alert isn't necessarily easy but it isn't all-challenging. Sorry, miss veno, archers and BMs and wizards do that every other day too and we aren't here saying "BEING ALERT FOR STRAY MOBS ISN'T EASY STFU QQ"

Barbarians and BMs tank more than venos do, although venos can make very good tanks in their own right. You do not see those classes posting here saying "TANKING IS SO HARD STFU QQ"

I have watched plenty of venos go beyond the stereotypical "-sent in pet- -heal pet- -watch pet-" role and absolutely none of them would say that it is difficult.

You are trying to find things to cry about and it's a little ridiculous. Venos are, indisputably, the easiest class to play. They are also, indisputably, the most versatile class to play if you invest enough time in one. The hardest thing about a veno is PvPing with one especially if you a Nixless and trying to work out the heavy/arcane combination that makes or breaks a veno in PK and PvP.
    It's nice to see you love your class enough to support it so desperately but you are grabbing at straws. You aren't any more special than other venos I have watched when it comes to being versatile and doing more than a simple luring role, but you are the most ridiculous of them all to say that it is in any way hard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    That's odd why do most people say wzzzies are a hard class all they do is over kill with BIDS and zhen in RO.

They don't look like a hard class. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
    edited February 2010
    Options
    That's odd why do most people say wzzzies are a hard class all they do is over kill with BIDS and zhen in RO.

They're an amazing END-GAME class...but GETTING to end-game is the real difficulty. Only the truly dedicated (or rich) will get there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Options

Because it takes severe dedication to get to high levels.

Wizards and archers are similar in that, endgame PvE, they absolutely brutalise anything in their way.

Getting there isn't so easy. Wizards are very squishy and have a tendency to kiss the ground regularly if they aren't careful. Archers don't have it quite so tough earlier on because light armor doesn't quite suck so much earlier on in the game, but they too can end up kissing the ground themselves.

Getting to endgame isn't easy unless you oracle noob yourself to those levels, and... well nobody loves an oracle noob.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Because it takes severe dedication to get to high levels.

Wizards and archers are similar in that, endgame PvE, they absolutely brutalise anything in their way.

Getting there isn't so easy. Wizards are very squishy and have a tendency to kiss the ground regularly if they aren't careful. Archers don't have it quite so tough earlier on because light armor doesn't quite suck so much earlier on in the game, but they too can end up kissing the ground themselves.

Getting to endgame isn't easy unless you oracle noob yourself to those levels, and... well nobody loves an oracle noob.

Ninja'd.

b:mischievous
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• saliith
    saliith Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    People think veno is the easiest class because they look from the '' player vs. random mob perspective'' and do not take into account anything else - class versatility, pvp, effective skill usage in different scenarios, when to melee - when to cast, proper pet control, debuff vs. damage, which pet for what etc.

It's the same thing as i were to say:

Cleric is the easiest class - > Put up RB/BB or spam the same hotkey for Ironheart to keep the tank alive. Oh, and you have to remember not to heal before someone hits something.

Barb is the easiest class - > spam flesh ream on bosses, remember the turtle when things go tight and talk thrash to the archer who just stole your aggro

Archer is the easiest class - > Slow - normal - normal - knockback - normal, normal = dead. Oh, and take a 10 sec break after critting that boss 3 times in a row so the above mentioned barb won't yell at you.

Blademaster is the easiest class - > self heal with Diamond Sutra, spam AoE's when everyone expects you to, after 95 slap on some -interval gear and start using the Normal attack button 98% of the time.

Wizard is easiest class - > spike damage + 4 control spells = dead mob. Remember to setup Dragon's Breath in any instance and go afk.

Psychic is easiest class - > super channel speeds with control spells = dead mob. Remember not to AoE spam with Black Voodoo on in Frost unless you like dying a lot.

Assassin is easiest class - > mobs hurt like hell, but whatever. As long as you can kill lvl 70 noobs at level 50.''

Conclusion: every class is the easiest if you wanna be a failure or half-competent at it.

Whether you like it or not, a venomancer is the most complex character in this game. Just because most choose the easy path, doesn't mean the class is easy. Just means they are not playing it to the venos full potential whether be it PvE or especially PvP.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    okies...me would just like to start off by saying....this be a game...and a game designed by humans...it be easy to play any class. b:surrender

If you did you would have seen the very first thing I said was that I agreed a veno was more complex than "-send in pet- -heal pet- -watch pet-". But apparently you missed that part, because then you couldn't come back and complain that people were saying your class is so easy it's unreal. I did have a little respect for your posts, but now that I can see you're blinded to people agreeing venos are a complex class the instant they say it's an easy class to learn, I've lost that respect. You are just looking for a reason to complain that people say your class is easy (maybe because you personally found it hard? I don't know)

The first thing you need to realise is that I have a veno alt. Currently level 62, so a little bit low yes, but certainly at a level where I know and understand the roles of venos in squads without a question. I also have several veno friends and every single one of them would agree with me that a veno is easy to play.

Being alert isn't necessarily easy but it isn't all-challenging. Sorry, miss veno, archers and BMs and wizards do that every other day too and we aren't here saying "BEING ALERT FOR STRAY MOBS ISN'T EASY STFU QQ"

Barbarians and BMs tank more than venos do, although venos can make very good tanks in their own right. You do not see those classes posting here saying "TANKING IS SO HARD STFU QQ"

I have watched plenty of venos go beyond the stereotypical "-sent in pet- -heal pet- -watch pet-" role and absolutely none of them would say that it is difficult.

You are trying to find things to cry about and it's a little ridiculous. Venos are, indisputably, the easiest class to play. They are also, indisputably, the most versatile class to play if you invest enough time in one. The hardest thing about a veno is PvPing with one especially if you a Nixless and trying to work out the heavy/arcane combination that makes or breaks a veno in PK and PvP.
    It's nice to see you love your class enough to support it so desperately but you are grabbing at straws. You aren't any more special than other venos I have watched when it comes to being versatile and doing more than a simple luring role, but you are the most ridiculous of them all to say that it is in any way hard.

lol me has to agree they be versatile in PvP but there be alot of horrible at PvP venos who just send in a saw fly to bleed and expect me to drop dead.
    xD

._.'
    me tried that....all teh mobs survive in frost and stuff then turn around to drop me in about 2 seconds.
    me damage be directly proportional to teh competence of teh BM/barb.
    X_x'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    on page one, theres more math involved in being an archer... not to mention we are by far the most difficult out of any class because:
    1. worst defense of any class in game
    2. very few ways to solve this defensive problem

glass cannon = difficult.

any idiot can shoot arrows, butit takes a master to monitor aggro, and perform well in any given situation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
    edited February 2010
    Options
    PS: I love playing Go, though I'm not really that good at it, yet.

b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options

First off, i wasn't answering to you directly so i'm sorry if i didn't compliment your gracefulness in granting my argument some merit.

Second, Yes i myself admitted on my first post any **** can play, but to what standard? That venos are generally treated as DD (which they're not) goes to show people have little expectations of them except when an herc is required to do the heavy lifting. Is this perception that i'm arguing against. Veno is only easy to play if you don't actually expect anything from the ones you squad with. If you do, then the skill and effort required is up to par with other classes. For someone commenting on my lack of attention you could have at least done the same on the post you're actually responding to.

Third, all your bull about respect and "amazing" insight as to my motives are nothing but personal attacks. I never claimed nor implied more than half the stuff you acusse me of. I understand going personal on someone when they insult you but i did no such thing unless you consider i meant YOU when refering to players that dismiss other classes. You have basically lowered yourself to the level of someone ignorant who substitutes argument with insult.

Once again, and so it's clear, most venos i squad with just send their pets in and nuke. In my eyes they fail at understanding their class role. Going out of your way to do more is not easy, and since to ME this standard is unacceptable, i don't consider playing veno at a COMPETENT level (for myself i make no ther claim) to be easy. DDs can get away with doing a lousy job as long as they're not stealing aggro, as can melees when not tanking. This is not an argument to claim they're easy to play, so why should it be for venos?