Another Use for Psychics

Options
Antiseptic - Harshlands
Antiseptic - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Psychic
Besides just being amazing DDers, being able to emergency AOE heal, increase healing effect for the tank, and being able to buy time for the squad with our arsenal of control skills (two stuns, immobilize, 8 sec physical immunity, white voodoo), I've discovered another use for us when fighting bosses. Basically psychics can cancel boss aoes with landslide consistently since there's only a fairly short cool down time of 8 seconds and it casts quite fast. With some practice and good timing (or if you have a lot of -chann gear), we can basically prevent bosses such as gaurnob, polearm, drum in TT from doing their physical and magic aoes or bosses that hit hard single magic attacks (such as Colluseast in 3-1). Just wanted to share the info xD. Hopefully this can help get psychics to be more widely accepted in squads.
Post edited by Antiseptic - Harshlands on

Comments

• Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    People would want to squad with psychics more if they didnt DD like noobs and talk trash about other classes.

They arent worth it imo

EDIT:
    but i DO have a lot of good psychic friends who i squad with on a daily basis
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • ryukage
    ryukage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    People would want to squad with psychics more if they didnt DD like noobs and talk trash about other classes.

They arent worth it imo

So we're just going to pretend that Wizards, Clerics, Barbarians, Blademasters, Archers, Venomancers, and Assassins don't have their share of noob players too? I'm down with that. Sounds like a fun way to be deluded.

And don't pretend that Psychics have the higher population of idiots. Open your eyes, idiots play every class.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ryukage wrote: »
    So we're just going to pretend that Wizards, Clerics, Barbarians, Blademasters, Archers, Venomancers, and Assassins don't have their share of noob players too? I'm down with that. Sounds like a fun way to be deluded.

And don't pretend that Psychics have the higher population of idiots. Open your eyes, idiots play every class.

Ummm they do but its not as common. I met about 4 people my level who are complete idiots at their class. Guess how many psychics i met who dont even know how to control their aggro? And sometimes, i met psychics who steal aggro on purpose just to act like they do so much damage. Then they spew out BS to me and other wizards/archers/venos/DDs.

Assassins are pretty cool people. They try not to take aggro cause they know they are squishy. I dont mind hanging out with one and they are fun to go against in PK.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • ryukage
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Ummm they do but its not as common. I met about 4 people my level who are complete idiots at their class. Guess how many psychics i met who dont even know how to control their aggro? And sometimes, i met psychics who steal aggro on purpose just to act like they do so much damage. Then they spew out BS to me and other wizards/archers/venos/DDs.

Assassins are pretty cool people. They try not to take aggro cause they know they are squishy. I dont mind hanging out with one and they are fun to go against in PK.

My main problem with your statement is that you associate an entire class with the actions of SOME people. That kind of logic doesn't work. On my cleric I see fail DDers all the time. But I'm not going to say "Wizards are noobs" just because I met a few Wizards who were. That ideology will only provoke more egotism between the classes, and I think PW has enough of that already. If you're not going to give a DDer a chance just because he's a Psychic, then you're part of the problem, not the solution.
  • KareszPsych - Heavens Tear
    KareszPsych - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

Oh please.

I can't even count how many times I got wiped along with the entire squad, purely because of a fail cleric, a fail veno, a fail barb or a bm...to make it worse most of those people not only have no idea how to play, but also can't/don't want to understand simple instructions. Idiots play all classes, not just psychics. It's simply best to avoid them, regardless of their class.

*In addition to that, I've yet to meet a single psychic who would intentionally pull agro on everything to show off - something that apparently you along with other wizards seem to be seeing all the time...
  • Reico_M - Dreamweaver
    Reico_M - Dreamweaver Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    So I see the title of this thread, read the first post, and think to myself "Awesome, someone beat me to posting about this. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has realized the usefulness of Landslide."

Then I read the second post, and I think "Oh look, here comes another flamewar."

And the third post happens.

Oh look, another psychic thread that's turning into a flame war.

Shut the hell up people, you are ruining perfectly good threads. I constantly hear whining about how people "can't play the new classes right" "psychics are noobs" "psychics are messing up squads" blah blah blah blah.

How about, you guys stop flaming the forums with your BS, and give the noobs some time to read and learn and get to know the new classes ffs.

Your constant complaining isn't helping anything.

This is a thread about a skill, not psychics on the whole. There are other threads for complaining, go complain somewhere else.

Back on topic: My Landslide is maxed, I'd been leveling it purely for the knockback, and had the same eureka! moment when I was in a BH run killing Zimo. I watched as he started to channel is metal attack, with the ring around his feet, hit him with it, and it went away and he never got the attack out.

Landslide is easily one of the most useful skills a Psychic gets, max it asap.
  • Selador - Heavens Tear
    Selador - Heavens Tear Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Good ideas antiseptic. I do have tried cancelling TT bosses AoE's particularly Lord of Percussion and that Soul guy who drops mirrors without any success. As for nob and pole I haven't tried it yet, I might in tonight's bh though. Hope it works.

And Mizouni gtfo of here. You've made your point about fail psy's taking aggro etc, etc. But you don't have to go to every single thread out there and post your dislike for psychics thinking theyre cool cos they got aggro from the party. Lay off man.
  • Xeiren - Heavens Tear
    Xeiren - Heavens Tear Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Nice to see others realized this too. Unfortunately I realized during the late part of my 8x during BH69s. And I was getting close to mastering on BH69 bosses it too. Though I'm probably not gonna really bother with trying to cancel unless I'm asked or if the spell being casted is a serious problem.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Options
    [

They arent worth it imo

EDIT:

for added emphasis....some people cant read.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    kinda suprised it took this long for yall to figure out you can cancle to

i wouldent recomend doing it on pole or nob thoughb:surrender

otherwise ya 8 second CD = happy tank
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Antiseptic - Harshlands
    Antiseptic - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

I've already known about the canceling quite a while back. It's just I haven't seen anyone actually doing it or making a thread about it so I wanted to share.

Using landslide every 8 seconds shouldn't take aggro at all unless the tank is low level or isn't doing anything. At best it should be preventing us from taking aggro while giving us something useful to do. Plus it's like every 12 seconds since we need to time when the aoe animation appears (well for gaurnob and pole xD).

Oh and thanks for the replies everyone. I appreciate those that tried to stay on topic xD.
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i didnt no it could do tht well now i got another reason to lvl up my psychic altb:victory
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Reico_M - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Mizuoni, do you have any idea how redundant it is to say "Every psychic is an idiot... Except for the few I squad with." Stfu and gtfo unless you have something constructive to add.
  • Xeiren - Heavens Tear
    Xeiren - Heavens Tear Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

Really? I would completely recommend it on nob and pole. Though possibly may want to white voodoo yourself to prevent taking aggro as well as protection for yourself in case an AoE does go off. I had a pattern of attack that worked very well on pole.
  • ryukage
    edited February 2010
    Options
    On topic: I tend to DD from long range to avoid aoe's whenever possible... but standing in Landslide range, probably with White Voodoo and DoT spells, would probably be a solid idea. I'll give it a try.

Off-topic:

They arent worth it imo

EDIT:

Ohh, I get it now. That's just like how a white guy is automatically not a racist as long as he has one or two black friends; regardless of the BS he talks about all the other black guys. IT MAKES PERFECT SENSE!

No.

If you have psychic friends who know their class and play well, then have some respect and stop talking that **** about the rest of them. The trash you talk about psychics in general is an insult to the ones you like as well.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Options
    b:sweat

sigh

let me see
    umm

Im not saying ALL psychics are like that, but majority are. I would say 65%. If you had a bad experience with more than one psychic in squad, you will be more inclined to not squad with them, but like i said, there are many psychics who i wouldnt mind squading with since they know what they are doing. A DD class that doesnt know aggro control is useless. I understand what a psychic can bring to the squad and its not really impressive, nothing that hasnt been in the game but its something they can bring to the table. I dont like making giant walls of text so....ya....read....and understand....plz....

And im speaking from experience here, excluding my friends, 94% of the psychics i squaded with know 0 about aggro control and when you try to tell them how to control their aggro they rage off at you. Peopel dont want that in squads.
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ryukage wrote: »
    Ohh, I get it now. That's just like how a white guy is automatically not a racist as long as he has one or two black friends; regardless of the BS he talks about all the other black guys. IT MAKES PERFECT SENSE!

No.

If you have psychic friends who know their class and play well, then have some respect and stop talking that **** about the rest of them. The trash you talk about psychics in general is an insult to the ones you like as well.

Why is it that everyone compares not liking the new classes to racism? b:sweat

1) Anything in a game < anything in real life.

2) You insult people who've actually suffered under racism by comparing their problems to someone's pixels not liking your pixels....b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ryukage
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Why is it that everyone compares not liking the new classes to racism? b:sweat

1) Anything in a game < anything in real life.

2) You insult people who've actually suffered under racism by comparing their problems to someone's pixels not liking your pixels....b:surrender

Funny, cause I've survived racism and still think my point was valid. If you discriminate against someone for any such trivial reason, you're just as much of an a-hole as anyone else who does. Discrimination is discrimination.

True, if I got lynched tomorrow it certainly would not be because I play a Tideborn on an MMORPG. But just because its not as real doesn't make it acceptable.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    You know not all tideborn player is annoying player, then don't say them as a failure. b:sweat

These will make people that not annoying easily feel it as a invite to a fight. b:worried

And make people afraid to play tideborn ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Options

sigh

let me see
    umm

Im not saying ALL psychics are like that, but majority are. I would say 65%. If you had a bad experience with more than one psychic in squad, you will be more inclined to not squad with them, but like i said, there are many psychics who i wouldnt mind squading with since they know what they are doing. A DD class that doesnt know aggro control is useless. I understand what a psychic can bring to the squad and its not really impressive, nothing that hasnt been in the game but its something they can bring to the table. I dont like making giant walls of text so....ya....read....and understand....plz....

And im speaking from experience here, excluding my friends, 94% of the psychics i squaded with know 0 about aggro control and when you try to tell them how to control their aggro they rage off at you. Peopel dont want that in squads.

b:surrender

• frozenstar
    frozenstar Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I guess you just have a lot of noob psy players on Dreamweaver server. Lucky you huh??
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    wizard undine + black voodoo psychic skill spam = win damage. (and possible psychic death since me will be controlling me aggro in teh back laughing at teh psychic spamming skills.)
    b:thanks
    b:avoid

jk jk but teh damage we do be nice.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    Giodia - Heavens Tear Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    wizard undine + black voodoo psychic skill spam = win damage. (and possible psychic death since me will be controlling me aggro in teh back laughing at teh psychic spamming skills.)
    b:thanks
    b:avoid

jk jk but teh damage we do be nice.

You know Hamsta, since the update and after trying in countless of BH scenarios, as long as you space shots, aggro control is all good. Despite criting for 12k at times (at boss or at mobs), if you space your shots, all is fine.
  • PenutButer - Dreamweaver
    PenutButer - Dreamweaver Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

Am i one of the "complete idiots" at my class :D? b:shy
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Am i one of the "complete idiots" at my class :D? b:shy

b:shutupmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybeeeeeeeee
  • PsychicHarpy - Heavens Tear
    PsychicHarpy - Heavens Tear Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    [

Well you idiot 10% of that was flame...So just go please... tyvm. and I realized Landlside is excellent for grinding on poison mobs, Cancel them out right before they cast that ugly **** poison!b:pleasedb:victory So Yes It is very useful! ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm the only Harpy, Who's Psychic and knows all!b:chuckleb:pleased

Live Life How You wish To Live It.

I love PWI, Teh Forums, and Konari b:thanks

Is currently working on Wizzy (imo better than my Psy)b:surrender name: SaphiraGione
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    Giodia - Heavens Tear Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Well you idiot 10% of that was flame...So just go please... tyvm. and I realized Landlside is excellent for grinding on poison mobs, Cancel them out right before they cast that ugly **** poison!b:pleasedb:victory So Yes It is very useful! ^^

Poison mobs are ranged and there range is slightly further than landslide. So you have a 3-4 sec window to move in and get landslide casted before the poison lands.
    If timed correctly, you can do that.

But for any ranged mobs, I prefer to kill them before they even cast or kite them till they are dead.

For Zimo, he has a cast time inbetween of 8 secs (think 8.5 secs), so landslide him whenever you see his casting circle will do fine.

There isn't a need to change weapons or white voodoo unless your damage.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Options

and then people wonder why psychics dont get in squads.....b:sweat
  • Reico_M - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Options

Just wait till you get Psychic Will at level 59, between your AoE's and that skill, you will be able to grind around 5 poison mobs all at the same time. =D
  • episcia
    episcia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Thanks for this post about the Landslide skill. Very helpful for a new PW player trying out the Psychic class.

Whats the deal with all the trolls though?... Its not helpful, useful or informative at all. Trolls, ie the people filling the forums with posts such as 'omg this class sucks, i hate this, i am better than so and so, my poo doesn't stink, etc' please... PLEASE stop. Take a look at what you are about to post before clicking Reply. Negative comments only get negative responses... use your head. FOR THE SAKE OF US ALL, STOP TROLLING. *end rant*