Player killing inside Secret Passage

Valkyrior - Lost City
Valkyrior - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Support Desk
*removed this post since Im not after flamming ppl, and Ive sent a ticket to PWI when I saw u could do it on another page.
Post edited by Valkyrior - Lost City on

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I will post it again...And Log a Ticket if bothered by it. Calling out people on the forums is discouraged....
    Originally Posted by eatwithspoons View Post
    I'll try to clarify a bit for everyone here.

The principal line of the ToS that I feel is the deciding factor regarding PK in SP is the following:

"n) Take any action that disrupts the Service or that negatively affects or may prohibit other users from enjoying the Website, the Games or any other aspect of the Service."

So basically, if you are PKing someone repeatedly, to the point where they are unable to play the game normally, that is probably a violation of the ToS.

In this case, if any player is intentionally blocking off a region necessary for quest or game progression by PKing everyone who is trying to get through, then this could be considered a violation of the ToS.

The main issue is "intent" though right? Think of it like this, if you are wandering around the world PKing everyone who you encounter, this is pretty much normal gameplay. If you decide, "Hey, I'm going to stay right here and kill every single person who comes by" you're setting yourself up for trouble if it is a place that people need to go.

Of course, if you are a high level in a low level area this is more of a problem, as you have intentionally chosen a place where the average player population is too low to even stand a chance against you.

Keep in mind that no case is identical, and in all situations the GM who is responding to the ticket has the final decision on whether you are in violation of game rules

tl;dr version: Don't camp a location if people need to go there. Don't camp players who are too low level to fight back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • /NiKi - Lost City
    /NiKi - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    pk someone in sp or camp someone is not same.
    did he keep killing u and ur squad wasnt able to do quests or he did it just once?
    its a pvp server,doubt he will get banned if it was once only =P
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    o me was there too, just outside teh door lol
    Q_Q
    rawr.jpg?t=1266346354
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    Technotic - Sanctuary Posts: 591 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    SP = allowed
    Cube = bannable
    Say my name 3 times, I dare you.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • Valkyrior - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    pk someone in sp or camp someone is not same.
    did he keep killing u and ur squad wasnt able to do quests or he did it just once?
    its a pvp server,doubt he will get banned if it was once only =P

Yes, he killed the lower lvls as soon they come back and tried to go through, untill I made a WC about it, then 2-3 PKK showed up and teached him maners and my squad was able to pass through.
  • Valkyrior - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    I will post it again...And Log a Ticket if bothered by it. Calling out people on the forums is discouraged....

After I WC I was told to go submit a ticket on the pwi-forum under the support area, thought it was here. Now I stumble over the Send a support ticket on the first page, so Ill send it there instead.
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    SP = allowed
    Cube = bannable
    Someone's not paying attention.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Forsaken_VII - Sanctuary
    Forsaken_VII - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    SP = allowed
    Cube = bannable

*smacks Tech* we're PvE not PvP
    XD
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    After I WC I was told to go submit a ticket on the pwi-forum under the support area, thought it was here. Now I stumble over the Send a support ticket on the first page, so Ill send it there instead.

there was a WC?
    O.o'
    me was just passing through from doing WQ and saw levii so me decided to try a bit of pew pew.
    (>.<)'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.