Best solo class for PVE and why?

gammazare
gammazare Posts: 54 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
What is the best solo class for pve and why, just to keep in mind, this is for all lvls overall, so wizards will be rubbish for like the first few lvls and amazing later, and venomancers are amazing till lvl 99, just keep that in mind.
Post edited by gammazare on

Comments

• Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    gammazare wrote: »
    What is the best solo class for pve and why, just to keep in mind, this is for all lvls overall, so wizards will be rubbish for like the first few lvls and amazing later, and venomancers are amazing till lvl 99, just keep that in mind.
    First 80 levels more like it.

Venos are always amazing for soloing.

Archers, BM's, and psychics are decent/affordable solo-ers.

The rest fall into the expensive/suck.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • akibera
    akibera Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I was bored, so I wrote some info about the classes ^^ My favorite soloer is the Archer!

VERY GOOD SOLOER: A R C H E R (pure dex)
    - PROS: uses fun skill combos and this makes soloing / grinding exciting, high damage / crit, good moneymaker, low repair cost, only needs potions occasionally (if played right), can kill monsters without even touching you (if played right), fast lvler especially at higher lvls, slowing / stunning skills, good lifesaver skills.
    - CONS: relatively hard to level until lvl19 (that's when you get knockback), low hp / average def.

NOTES: Don't be afraid to drink your potions!!! You do NOT have to BUY potions, you will find plenty as drops, that's enough (: Choose low-mana cost skills and try different skill combos for different kind of mobs, it's fun! :D After 60-70, try to upgrade your armor and weapon and get citrines (gives more HP). ALWAYS buy the cheapest arrows for grinding, you don't have to buy the expensive ones!!!

THE BEST SOLOER: V E N O (arcane with herc)
    - PROS: has hp/mana healing skills (doesn't need potions), good moneymaker, has a pet (tank), low repair cost, can solo almost anything with Hercules pet.
    - CONS: overrated, incredibly boring after a while, low damage compared to wizard or psychic, low hp/def, if you want the best pet (Hercules) get ready to spend 70-90mil coins or 150-200 dollars! Better start saving right now! =P

I'm not too experienced with these classes:

GOOD SOLOER: B L A D E M A S T E R (axe/hammer)
    - PROS: good HP / DEF / damage, AoEs, fast leveling especially after lvl70, decent moneymakers, stunning skills.
    - CONS: needs good gear for AoEing, average repair cost.

GOOD SOLOER: CLERIC (pure mag)
    - PROS: has better m.damage than venos, healing / supporting skills, always wanted in squads.
    - CONS: low def / hp, uses a lot of mana potions.

VERY GOOD SOLOER: P S Y C H I C (pure mag)
    - PROS: higher damage than veno and cleric, low repair cost, can kill mobs without reaching you.
    - CONS: low hp / def, drinks a lot of mana potions!

I think wizards are pretty good at higher lvls (has the best magic damage and can kill mobs in 1-2 hits), but relatively hard in the beginning.

I'm not sure about Assassins (I heard they are pretty good as well).

Babarians have decent hp/def, but they are expensive (repair cost and upgrades) and their damage is not too good at low levels.
    Active player since January 2010.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    No1 is Veno and the reason is obvious as they have pets.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    There are very very few things veno's can't solo. Almost everything, we don't even use potions for.

Clerics can solo even a few things veno's have trouble with - but very very very slowly. And they suck down mana potions whilst doing it, like nothing else. (They also really really suck until about level 20)

After that, I'm not sure. Blademasters get a lot of love in the late game, and early on at least have decent armour. Wizards and archers are fragile, but have range and the damage output to drop most things in their tracks. Sins are like archers that get up close and personal, with an instant 'run awway!' skill for when they bite off more than they can chew.
    Psy and barb both get "I have stupidly high armour and WILL survive" - barbs moreso because of the hitpoints. So they both solo reasonably well just by taking it slow and steady and using hp pots. (Psy using black voodoo instead seems too fragile to solo well - but done that way goes in the wizard category)

So everyone CAN solo - you just need to take very different approaches.

Venos though, we have it vastly vastly easier than most classes. Soloing level 90 quests is something a 90 guildmate does because he has to, grudgingly, slowly.
    It's something I, as an 80 veno, tore through gleefully just for something interesting to do.
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Wizards are very good for PVE at any level.

I have alts:
    Cleric, Venomancer and Psychic, so I can compare.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lemuria - Harshlands
    Lemuria - Harshlands Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Wizards are very good for PVE at any level.
    ...except at lower levels when you have no tools to keep away angry aggro. Generally wizards use arcane armor, so their defense suffers greatly, and they also generally abhor vitality so they often have low HP. Low defense + low HP is a bad combination when taking hits from the enemy.

Later on, Wizards get Will of the Phoenix and Force of Will which keeps enemies at bay, but until then expect to guzzle HP potions like crazy or rely heavily on charms to keep you alive while you kill monsters. Thankfully they at least die quickly due to our heavy damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    Technotic - Sanctuary Posts: 591 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    veno. you can't even start to argue that its not the best
    Say my name 3 times, I dare you.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    ...except at lower levels when you have no tools to keep away angry aggro. Generally wizards use arcane armor, so their defense suffers greatly, and they also generally abhor vitality so they often have low HP. Low defense + low HP is a bad combination when taking hits from the enemy.

Later on, Wizards get Will of the Phoenix and Force of Will which keeps enemies at bay, but until then expect to guzzle HP potions like crazy or rely heavily on charms to keep you alive while you kill monsters. Thankfully they at least die quickly due to our heavy damage.

our tools be our legs
    Q_Q
    Run~~~~~~~~~~~~
    DX
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Malaquey - Heavens Tear
    Malaquey - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Venos are the best soloer simply because its almost impossible for the pet to die so the monster will inevitably die(unless it has a leech attack) but its soooo boring,
    High damage classes are much more fun,
    you go quickly and its much more engaging than just clicking heal pet every now and then.
    Archers especially are good because of rounded defense and really long range.
    If you use good skills then you cant be touched.
  • Nolasa - Dreamweaver
    Nolasa - Dreamweaver Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    For the absolute best solo class, it has to be the veno.
    1: they have a pet to tank most everything
    2: they have almost no upkeep costs, ie, repairs, pots, etc
    3: if they get in trouble, they can Fox form their way out of said trouble

After the venos, either a psychic or a blademaster for best solo.
    Psychic
    1: Rather strong basic skills
    2: a dmg reflect skill that works on ANY type of atk
    3: a buff that ups dmg or defense, depending on what you need at that point

Blademasters
    1: Good defense against most anything except magical atks
    2: magical defense can be increased with a buff in 30 sec intervals
    3: if posessing axe skills you can kill several mobs in VERY quick succesion

These are just my opinions, so no flame wars please.