Any faction from east asia?

sappariwakkanai
sappariwakkanai Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Twilight Temple (West)
Hello

my wife (japanese), and I (french) are enjoying playing PWI. But as we level up, we realize faction can be useful. But it can be a bit of a pb if most of the member live in a country with, say, 12h time difference (we are living in Japan). So I was wondering if there is any faction with members living in east asia (and also if there is any faction with members speaking japanese, as my wife doesn't speak perfectly english and she often play without me).
I am archer level 50 and she is cleric level 56.
Post edited by sappariwakkanai on

Comments

• RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Hello

my wife (japanese), and I (french) are enjoying playing PWI. But as we level up, we realize faction can be useful. But it can be a bit of a pb if most of the member live in a country with, say, 12h time difference (we are living in Japan). So I was wondering if there is any faction with members living in east asia (and also if there is any faction with members speaking japanese, as my wife doesn't speak perfectly english and she often play without me).
    I am archer level 50 and she is cleric level 56.

Japan has it's own version of PW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • sappariwakkanai
    edited February 2010
    ty for the reply, but I already know that.
    We couldn't download it from the japanese server, plus my wife would like to have some opportunity to improve her english, even if that make it tough from time to time during the game.
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    We couldn't download it from the japanese server, plus my wife would like to have some opportunity to improve her english, even if that make it tough from time to time during the game.
    I think there's a rule that bans players from playing PWI if the country they're living in already has their own version of PW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • arjo
    arjo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I think there's a rule that bans players from playing PWI if the country they're living in already has their own version of PW.

roflmao this is SO BS!! PWI = Perfect World INTERNATIONAL!!! im living in europe...so r u telling me i shud be banned cuz theres PWE (Perfect World Europe)??!!!! b:chuckle like 1/4 ppls of pwi r from europe....that wud be a hell lot of ppl banned!also...all ppl from asia (which is big number too) shud be banned....

and to sappirawhatever:
    at least in biggest factions (nef/regi/ene/etc etc) theres ppl from all over the world....soooo....just lvl up and apply then in some of those and im sure ull find lots of ppl in ur timezone! b:thanks

and also check this: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=162241

and to Roid:
    u shud take a good long look of this thread: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=607882 b:chuckle
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    arjo wrote: »
    roflmao this is SO BS!! PWI = Perfect World INTERNATIONAL!!! im living in europe...so r u telling me i shud be banned cuz theres PWE (Perfect World Europe)??!!!! b:chuckle like 1/4 ppls of pwi r from europe....that wud be a hell lot of ppl banned!also...all ppl from asia (which is big number too) shud be banned....

and to sappirawhatever:
    at least in biggest factions (nef/regi/ene/etc etc) theres ppl from all over the world....soooo....just lvl up and apply then in some of those and im sure ull find lots of ppl in ur timezone! b:thanks

and also check this: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=162241

and to Roid:
    u shud take a good long look of this thread: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=607882 b:chuckle

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=741652&postcount=2

maybe that link dedicated to me is more suitable for you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Funny enough my country actually has official PW too o.o . .
    but not listed on that ban list. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • arjo
    edited February 2010
    lols no offence roid but u r lvl 95 and YOU claim its bannable to play Perfect World INTERNATIONAL from any other country than u live at! b:chuckle

soooo......shud know better by ur lvl unless u wudnt be one of those from tht thread is about i was advicing u to take look at! b:laugh

and btw in which guild u r at? just curious....
  • sappariwakkanai
    edited February 2010
    ty for all your advice.

arjo, which level do you recommend to reach before entering a good faction?

Roid, english is not my mother tongue, so I may be wrong, but it seems to me there is a difference between "can not" and "are forbid to". one is a technical statement, the other a rule. Also, it's written in red "these countries can not". I am not a country...
    Apart from joke, If my wife and I may be banned because of our location, I have some questions:

- if, say, someone from Virginia who play perfect world since at list several months with the same character, has to move to one of the listed countries for any reason for a long enough period of times (a couple of year), what will happen to his(her) account in pwi?

- if the same person cannot speak, or read hangul if the country is Korea, japanese if the country is Japan, chinese for China or Taiwan, does that means he (she) will not be allowed to play pw?

- if he (she) has to change location regularly from listed countries to unlisted countries for personal reason, how this is handle?

btw, the statement written in the link about the list of east asian countries really doesn't sound as a rule to me but as a technical problem.
  • arjo
    edited February 2010
    well....it depends SO much of the faction! i believe regi accepts 90+ atm...and same goes w nef and enelysion and other big guilds....

but some small guild that might be really good aswell! it depends so much of the ppl who r in it! soooo...there aint any correct answer to tht! my advice for u is just keep ur mind, eyes and ears open! b:thanks
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    It simply means that you risk your account being banned if you play PWI in a country listed in that thread. It has happened to a Malaysian player from my old faction.
    ty for all your advice.
    - if, say, someone from Virginia who play perfect world since at list several months with the same character, has to move to one of the listed countries for any reason for a long enough period of times (a couple of year), what will happen to his(her) account in pwi?
    My friend went back to China for several months and he was told by GM that he will not be able to play in China. I'm not a GM, I don't know how they would handle that situation with someone gone to another country for years.
    - if the same person cannot speak, or read hangul if the country is Korea, japanese if the country is Japan, chinese for China or Taiwan, does that means he (she) will not be allowed to play pw?
    Ask a GM.
    - if he (she) has to change location regularly from listed countries to unlisted countries for personal reason, how this is handle?
    See first answer. And contact A GM I suppose.
    btw, the statement written in the link about the list of east asian countries really doesn't sound as a rule to me but as a technical problem.

Like I said, you're risking a ban. Happened to several people on the forum. I've read QQ threads where a player was banned simply because he's playing from a country that's on the list.

And arjo, I never said it was bannable to play PWI from any other country that I live in. You don't even know where I live! I simply stated that it may be bannable to play from a country that has it's own version of PW. That statement may be wrong after searching the forum but at least I was right about Japan being on the list. What does the faction I belong to have anything to do with anything? And if you're insinuating that I oracled my level.. You'd be wrong.

This link may be helpful to help you decide if you want to play or not.
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=331282
    "Unfortunately, there is no way to play the game from an IP-blocked country, and any attempts to do so will likely result in an account ban (if this has already happened, please have him submit a ticket to customer support when he gets back to resolve that issue). In most cases, these restrictions are due to legal agreements with other countries that have their own versions of the game."
    Quoted from a GM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jesus - Dreamweaver
    Jesus - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    arjo wrote: »
    lols no offence roid but u r lvl 95 and YOU claim its bannable to play Perfect World INTERNATIONAL from any other country than u live at! b:chuckle
    b:laugh Huh?
    soooo......shud know better by ur lvl unless u wudnt be one of those from tht thread is about i was advicing u to take look at! b:laugh

And that's from someone who didn't know Japan is on the ban list. What a joke.
  • arjo
    edited February 2010
    And that's from someone who didn't know Japan is on the ban list. What a joke.

yeah....i gotta admit i was wrong! b:shutup

i rly gotta apologize u roid! b:surrender

i had NO idea of this lol....

<<--noob >.<
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    im in hawaii time but you can give me a PM if you want to speak japanese b:victory yes im fluent. I think your wife should be able to type hiragana at least, cause some of the kanji does not show properly in pwi
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • arjo
    edited February 2010
    im in hawaii time but you can give me a PM if you want to speak japanese b:victory yes im fluent. I think your wife should be able to type hiragana at least, cause some of the kanji does not show properly in pwi

from hawaii...damn...u must be HOT!!!b:dirty b:dirty b:dirty
  • Pointshooter - Sanctuary
    Pointshooter - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    hahaha pwi is connect to the whole world i know cuz i live in north america and there are lots of different ppl from all over the country speaking in different language too