Teleport stones?

shammahbenjudah
shammahbenjudah Posts: 34 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Suggestion Box
After a brief search, it appears this topic hasn't been recently brought up.

One grievance many of us have in playing PW is the insane amount of time we spend walking, running, flying or riding around the map. Of course we can always use the in-game teleport system but on a WQ or DQ that won't do a whole lot for you and it can be a bit expensive after a while.

The options you provide us in the cash shop are teleport stones and the incense, which are nice but once again, its simply much too expensive. For $3 I can teleport only 20 times....?

Have you considered a semi-permanent teleport stone? Give the stone unlimited uses with a timed duration like a week or a month.

I'm confident that an item like this would generate a decent and consistent revenue and it would probably make an awful lot of gamers very happy.

Would it impact the sale of flying mounts? To some extent it might but in the long run the increased revenue would easily out pace any losses. But lets face it...most mount sales are vanity purchases anyway so I doubt sales would drop as dramatically as one may think.
Post edited by shammahbenjudah on

Comments

• shammahbenjudah
    edited February 2010
    Bumping this one up.

After the new BH system was implemented, this would be a god-send.

I can't believe nobody wants a teleport item you can use over and over again b:surprisedb:mischievousb:worried
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Town Portal....it lasts forever but has a 1 hour cooldown.
    then use any teleporter at teh town to go wherever you want.
    b:surrender
    but mayhaps a 1 week townportal upgrade which removes or reduces teh cooldown of Town Portal
    also teh Khatru Puppy be your friend.
    b:sweat
    and leaving BH's sends you to a town so just use teh teleport master then teh illusion stone to get back

and um....Necro Necro Necro
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    stop afk flying use some town portal and u will see that wq doesnt take 4 hours doing :S

for bh hmm 2-3 tp and uback to arch then use illusion stone and back to bh :S
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • shammahbenjudah
    edited February 2010
    Town Portal....it lasts forever but has a 1 hour cooldown.
    then use any teleporter at teh town to go wherever you want.
    b:surrender
    but mayhaps a 1 week townportal upgrade which removes or reduces teh cooldown of Town Portal
    also teh Khatru Puppy be your friend.
    b:sweat
    and leaving BH's sends you to a town so just use teh teleport master then teh illusion stone to get back

and um....Necro Necro Necro
    stop afk flying use some town portal and u will see that wq doesnt take 4 hours doing :S

for bh hmm 2-3 tp and uback to arch then use illusion stone and back to bh :S

Yeah guys...I got it...I don't afk WQ (muchb:chuckle) and I use every in-game advantage to speed things up. TP is good once in an hour...and I don't have an issue with that, at least they've made a free TP available.

I guess you're among those who only have WQ and your own BH to do and have trouble fathoming the incredible amount of time it can take to help faction mates with BH29 thru 89 in one day. Then you have your own quests to do and maybe you'd like to just grind some coins. Add in 8-10 hours for work, take care of your normal IRL ADL's and maybe sleep some now and then and you start to think about where else you can cut corners.

ONE REALLY NICE INNOVATION WOULD BE CHANGING THE BH SYSTEM SO WE DON'T HAVE TO LEAVE THE INSTANCES TO HAND IN AND PICK UP THE NEXT STEP OF THE QUEST AND THEN RUN ALL THE WAY BACK THROUGH THE THING AGAIN AND AGAIN. b:irritated

The CS teleport stone is perfectly functional as a solution. When the item is in-hand, I can instantly jump to any waypoint I have set on the map, and that's cool. What I'm suggesting is to provide one that doesn't expire with a single use but rather for a set period of time. The single use item is simply not cost effective for an actively travelling player.

I could easily spend 5 gold a day just to do the travelling I need to do, but that's just a stupid amount of money to spend to overcome an engineered nerf. I might consider 5-10 gold for one that lasts a month, but you can just keep your single use ones, they're not worth it.

I mean...am I the only one who wants to spend may game time and game coin on something other than getting from one place to another?