sins best dungeons mateys ever? o.o

Acceptanc - Harshlands
Acceptanc - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Assassin
havnt tried yet, but how does this sound?

on a dungeon. a group of mobs that look scary for the tank, and when theres no other hope o.o!

heh, what if assasin just would run past these mobs followed by full squad, tank some hits till they all are safe, and shadow escape? o.o

then they kill boss and end in nirvana palace rewared by +20% crit earrings and a beauty phoney (this part may change.)
Post edited by Acceptanc - Harshlands on

Comments

• MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Don't really sure . . but sound good if you can stay alive from those monster while even the tank was scared from those monster. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    It sounds great but, assassins take MASSIVE damage. There is no way that they can withstand massive hits from multiple mobs without spamming pots/immune pots/etc. There was a video somewhere. A level 90 sin against fb59, had amazing gear. You would have to be much higher level than the instance to actually make it work.

Also, if the tank cant survive the few mobs. No way the sin can come close.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    It sounds great but, assassins take MASSIVE damage. There is no way that they can withstand massive hits from multiple mobs without spamming pots/immune pots/etc. There was a video somewhere. A level 90 sin against fb59, had amazing gear. You would have to be much higher level than the instance to actually make it work.

Also, if the tank cant survive the few mobs. No way the sin can come close.

sins take same damage any LA does.... the 90 sin didn't have amazing gear it was average (below avg for a LC LA wearer)

true it likely wont work for the FB's your in but it will work for BH. problem is the squad needs to not be stupid. in he end you're better off with wines for pug groups
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Acceptanc - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    x.x yeah, i meant bhs mostly, or low fbs, i can survive a few hits, with evasion, focused mind, and deaden nerves from fb 59. Also, some charm ticks sounds cheaper thn wines 60k per head. only problem its hide cooldown, becouse running whole way till boss would make sin probably die..

question is, if i use all my speed skills, and hide before my party is safe, would "reseting" (yellow healing bubble) monsters attack my party or pass tho them?
  • Irritate - Lost City
    Irritate - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Depends on the instance anyway, good luck trying to run through 69.
  • Camerlengo - Dreamweaver
    Camerlengo - Dreamweaver Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Sounds good except that Sins can't tank. Evasion may let us do it for a few seconds, and Deaden Nerves a few more- but if a Barb/BM can't tank something- then neither can we. (unless it's a LOT lower level than us).
    Full power to the Vagiroscope!
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    *after reading some post above*

I know !! Make a tank heavy assassin so these can work. b:victory
    But i don't know what will happen if you go pvp. b:thanks
    Good luck. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I know !! Make a tank heavy assassin so these can work. b:victory
    But i don't know what will happen if you go pvp. b:thanks
    Good luck. b:laugh

(>.<)
    oh noes
    mah ebil plan to become a HA wizard wielding frost blades + calamities has been foiled.
    b:surrender
    QQ me already had proud plate of the corsair crafted and sharded and leggings too.
    X_X
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Tsunami_ - Lost City
    _Tsunami_ - Lost City Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    To be honest the hardest thing is find ppl who'll what to and accept you do that.
    I run bh51 almost everyday but often i find barbs that don't hugh the wall and rush on mobs and when i say "what are u doing? if we hugh the wall we can avoid em" they rush on me and we start a word fight.
    Clerics not willing to use bb on rankar and wyvern, dunno why probably mp wise. Once i had a fight whit a cleric asking her to do the bb, she wouldn't cause she said the bb wasn't able to keep us alive. After a fight of 10 minuts+ she did the bb and we killed the boss in no time.

Well in my experience if u are not able to explain that you can avoid mobs or use a spell and not another how many possibility have you to explain how do that thing? I was always willing to try, but i don't dare cause other members maybe will not follow me...giving me a 100% death. Not worth, better do the bh as always.

That trick can be done (and it's alwaysa try, cause we still don't know if it may work at our lvl) if you have very good party members or if u do bh whit your faction member (more time to explain and try whitout going mad if it fail), not whit a random a squad. b:bye
    edited February 2010
    To be honest the hardest thing is find ppl who'll what to and accept you do that.
    I run bh51 almost everyday but often i find barbs that don't hugh the wall and rush on mobs and when i say "what are u doing? if we hugh the wall we can avoid em" they rush on me and we start a word fight.
    Clerics not willing to use bb on rankar and wyvern, dunno why probably mp wise. Once i had a fight whit a cleric asking her to do the bb, she wouldn't cause she said the bb wasn't able to keep us alive. After a fight of 10 minuts+ she did the bb and we killed the boss in no time.

Well in my experience if u are not able to explain that you can avoid mobs or use a spell and not another how many possibility have you to explain how do that thing? I was always willing to try, but i don't dare cause other members maybe will not follow me...giving me a 100% death. Not worth, better do the bh as always.

That trick can be done (and it's alwaysa try, cause we still don't know if it may work at our lvl) if you have very good party members or if u do bh whit your faction member (more time to explain and try whitout going mad if it fail), not whit a random a squad. b:bye

waffles
    me see you seeking squads for BHs at the headhunter.
    b:chuckle
    also whut the heck...BB on rankar and wyvern?
    wow just wow.
    b:faint
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Tsunami_ - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    waffles
    me see you seeking squads for BHs at the headhunter.
    b:chuckle
    also whut the heck...BB on rankar and wyvern?
    wow just wow.
    b:faint

Eheh Hamsta, next time you see me just give me a hand :-D

Well i know bb burn a lot of mp,but is the only way for me to approch rankar and wyvern. (i hate use the bow as assassin,and whitout the extra range and maestry the damage will never be compared to the archers, making assassins much less power full as dd)
    But mp wise it can be good cause when all DD join the action the fight last for less than a minute :-P
  • Aurores - Heavens Tear
    Aurores - Heavens Tear Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    edited February 2010
    Eheh Hamsta, nest time you see me just give me a hand :-D

Well i know bb burn a lot of mp,but is the only way for me to approch rankar and wyvern. (i hate use the bow as assassin,and whitout the extra range and maestry the damage will never be compared to the archers, making assassins much less power full as dd)
    But mp wise it can be good cause when all DD join the action the fight last for less than a minute :-P

me stopped offering to help others with their BH and stuff
    ._.'
    me used to help run 2-4 BH 29/39/51
    but not anymore.
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Acceptanc - Harshlands
    edited February 2010

Woops.. seems im nawt first x.x

Well, happy to find it works, as long as party stop moving on a safe place, they all will skip a lot of monsters^^

thx for answers.
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    (>.<)
    oh noes
    mah ebil plan to become a HA wizard wielding frost blades + calamities has been foiled.
    QQ me already had proud plate of the corsair crafted and sharded and leggings too.
    X_X

We've already got one on Dreamweaver b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    not untill they get heaven/hell skills and 3x sparks

and even then id rather have a veno archer or psy as a DD unless they get somkin real nice

though i do <3 bloodpaint

waffles be a troll

a verry good one abeitly

BB is never needed in 51 everb:bye
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Personally I've always hated "skipping mobs" (TT and FBs included)

Always seems to bite you in the **** if something bad happens to the cleric/squad....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    Personally I've always hated "skipping mobs" (TT and FBs included)

Always seems to bite you in the **** if something bad happens to the cleric/squad....

ya me noticed it occasionally as well....
    how the heck does some clerics somehow manage to aggro every single mob we skip?
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Tsunami_ - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    not untill they get heaven/hell skills and 3x sparks

and even then id rather have a veno archer or psy as a DD unless they get somkin real nice

though i do <3 bloodpaint

waffles be a troll

a verry good one abeitly

BB is never needed in 51 everb:bye

Maybe WAS never needed,ever. Ask to an assassin to approch rankar and wyvern whitout bb and see what he/she will answer :-P
    U are a bm, maybe there are some difference in terms of phy def :-P

Try to use your brain sometimes, you'll see how many wonderful things you'll be able to do :-)
  • Limeball - Heavens Tear
    Limeball - Heavens Tear Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I'd answer "Go already." Since i'd have CoD on and I won't take aggro from the barb.
    A cleric thought one time it'd be a good idea to try and heal me (the tank) on Ofotis with BB because I had a charm on. No thanks, never again.
    Reikara - 94 HA/AA Veno - Heaven's Tear - Retired
    Limeball -84 Assassin - Heaven's Tear - Retired
    Reikarah - 99 Seeker - Sanctuary - Retired

Why do I stick around? I draw pwi fanart.
  • _Tsunami_ - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    I'd answer "Go already." Since i'd have CoD on and I won't take aggro from the barb.
    A cleric thought one time it'd be a good idea to try and heal me (the tank) on Ofotis with BB because I had a charm on. No thanks, never again.

Well it's not a matter of aggro, i'm talking about the bad aoe, do you remember? ;-) that's why i (and all the assassins whit i do bh) don't have any problem whit fushma (single ranged attack), just that :-P
    If you remember was the same for farren...i wasn't able to attack him (me and all ther assassins that did bh whit me...it's hard to find clerics able to use bb in lvls between 50 -60), but everything was ok whit trioc and calcid.

Well, the other problem is that i don't have charms :-P
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Maybe WAS never needed,ever. Ask to an assassin to approch rankar and wyvern whitout bb and see what he/she will answer :-P
    U are a bm, maybe there are some difference in terms of phy def :-P

Try to use your brain sometimes, you'll see how many wonderful things you'll be able to do :-)

didn't have bb when i needed those 51's on sin.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Regarding BBs on BH51 bosses:
    So you're asking the cleric to burn thousands of extra MP because you don't want to pull out a bow? Sheesh. And people wonder why assassins have a hard time finding squads.
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    Lusca - Sanctuary Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Regarding BBs on BH51 bosses:
    So you're asking the cleric to burn thousands of extra MP because you don't want to pull out a bow? Sheesh. And people wonder why assassins have a hard time finding squads.

Every cleric i ran 51 bh used bb on wryvern, see we didn't get rankar as a bh back when i played my sin, none of them ever had a problem o.O hell we never even asked the cleric simply cast IH on the tank then after the tank flesh reamed wryvern the clerics would set up BB and we would all go chop chop
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Every cleric i ran 51 bh used bb on wryvern, see we didn't get rankar as a bh back when i played my sin, none of them ever had a problem o.O hell we never even asked the cleric simply cast IH on the tank then after the tank flesh reamed wryvern the clerics would set up BB and we would all go chop chop
    Kind of agree on Wyvern, actually. BB is simpler to use, though teaching them how to watch for debuffs and purify them is valuable for the future.

For Rankar though, BB requires the cleric to get closer to the boss, and therefore take more AOE damage, since Rankar's AOE is distance-dependent. If the cleric is poorly equipped, or if, say, an archer steals aggro and drags Rankar too close, they may get killed even through the BB. Forcing the assassin to use a bow also helps ensure that they won't take aggro, die, and complain about something that's their own fault.
  • _Tsunami_ - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Kind of agree on Wyvern, actually. BB is simpler to use, though teaching them how to watch for debuffs and purify them is valuable for the future.

For Rankar though, BB requires the cleric to get closer to the boss, and therefore take more AOE damage, since Rankar's AOE is distance-dependent. If the cleric is poorly equipped, or if, say, an archer steals aggro and drags Rankar too close, they may get killed even through the BB. Forcing the assassin to use a bow also helps ensure that they won't take aggro, die, and complain about something that's their own fault.

No i don't force anyone, i just ask, If the cleric use BB simply make the fight faster.
    The problem whit the bow is that we, as assassins, are not able to do the same damage as archers and don't have the same range so the aoe still hit me. Well at least whit the bow i can run back, heal by myself whit pots and back but...if ppl want that just find an archer, not a bow user whitout maestry and skills.

About the reason to have assassins in squad: the huge damage. Once i did a bh whit a good party made of 1 barb,2 assassins,2 venos and a cleric. Well everyone was amazed on how fast the bh become (did 3 bh 51 in 40 -50 minutes, and we waited a lot for rankar to come)
    Same for the BB, if a cleric want a fast fight cast it otherwise it can be done anyway, but will take more time.

About the aggro: i never complain if i die for aggro stealing, that's my own foult. I usually attack 20 seconds after the tank and when i see i'm doing too much damage i take some pause or don't use sparks. Just need to focus and everything it's ok :-)
  • Limeball - Heavens Tear
    Limeball - Heavens Tear Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I was thinking about the BH59 dungeon for some reason when I replied earlier. Mornings aren't my thing, coffee can't even cure them. I never had the need for BB in BH51 though.

Granted that the bow wasn't long enough to get me out of range of the aoe, the aoe istelf didn't hit hard (only took 1/4 of my HP) and wasn't hit very often. The bow kept me in range for when the cleric made their routine party heal so we were all kept happy.
    Reikara - 94 HA/AA Veno - Heaven's Tear - Retired
    Limeball -84 Assassin - Heaven's Tear - Retired
    Reikarah - 99 Seeker - Sanctuary - Retired

Why do I stick around? I draw pwi fanart.