Best armor at lvl 90

Raygan - Sanctuary
Raygan - Sanctuary Posts: 74 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Archer
Im about 40% exp away from level 90 and had been farming for skywalker armor because I never had TT80 but have been told to go for the gold armor instead. I've searched the forums but have had trouble finding opinions on what to go with.

So for level 90 what do you reccomend, and what is easiest going into level 99

any imput would help thanks!
Post edited by Raygan - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Veronica_ - Heavens Tear
    Veronica_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    TT 90 Gold is worth only the wrists ( -0,10 interval ) b:surrender You might make a TT green set and the wrists , but off course you need TT 80 b:surrender
  • CaIypso - Harshlands
    CaIypso - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I don't see any reason to go for TT90 gold rather than TT90 green, except possibly the General's Bracers if you have the money or time to spare. TT90 green has more useful stats, is easier to make, and leads to TT99, whereas TT90 gold is a dead end.

Personally, I'm using FC green boots and legs, the mold 87 LA chest, and my trusty old Bracers of Blood Moon. I can't afford high enough refines to make the difference in grade matter, and it was significantly cheaper and easier for me to purchase the mold (400k + 300k in mats), FC legs (800k, 3 sockets), and FC boots (3m, came with 4 G7 citrines and +3 refine). The primary defensive stats are roughly comparable to TT90 green. The main drawback is that I'll need to obtain the TT90 green when I eventually get to 99.

edit: Dangit, forgot to switch my forum account. I'm at level 87 on my archer.
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I don't see any reason to go for TT90 gold rather than TT90 green, except possibly the General's Bracers if you have the money or time to spare. TT90 green has more useful stats, is easier to make, and leads to TT99, whereas TT90 gold is a dead end.

Though, if you happen to get 2 or 3 sockets, getting Bracers of Blood Moon instead would've been better, since adding those sockets costs ridiculous amounts. And that is exactly the reason why I'll personally go for Bracers of Blood Moon instead. Should've gotten them a long ago, but never got around to gathering the coins.

As for what I plan to do in the 90s, I'll be using Armor of Millenary Bless, Bracers of Blood Moon, Helmet of Lion Spirit and Skywalker Shins and Skywalker Shoes.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • AngleSnipe - Heavens Tear
    AngleSnipe - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    TT90 green > TT90 gold because of the bigger vit/hp bonuses, which is the main reason why TT90 green is so sought after. However, due to the nice interval bonus on the TT90 wrist bracers, most people go with that 1 piece instead of the TT90 green wrist. Also the General Bracers give a 7-8 str bonus, which can be reset into more dexterity.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    It depends on what you envision your endgame gear to be. Options include:

1) Full TT99 Gold - Set Bonuses: -0.05 Interval, Vit +15. Also, can swap chest with rank armor for additional -0.05 Interval, but you lose the Vit set bonus. More flexible than #2, as you can choose between more HP or more Damage.

2) TT99 Gold Chest and Boots + TT90 Gold Wrists + Leggings - Set Bonuses: -0.05 Interval, Dex +10. Has higher dex than full TT99 Gold, but cannot swap chest with rank armor to gain an additional -0.05 Interval.

3) TT99 Wrist and Leggings + Rank Chest + Event Boots - Set Bonuses: -0.05 Interval. Highest DPS, most expensive.

Option #2 requires TT90 Gold Wrists and Leggings. Otherwise, just go with TT90 Green and get the Bracers of Blood Moon for use until 99.

EDIT: Fixed set bonus.
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    TT 90 Gold Set bonus:

2 TT90 gold armor pieces give Dexterity +10
    4 TT90 gold armor pieces give Reduce Physical damage taken +3%

*I am not sure if it has to be armor pieces, as the sites I got the info from says specifically items (there are TT90 gold ornaments and such).

The Gold TT90 FULL set basically gives you more physical and magical damage reduction as oppose to the Green set giving more hp. Many people prefer the green cause its easier and cheaper to make too. A lot of peolple don't actually decompose their sharded and refined green set to make TT99 gold, they try to sell it and remake another blank green set for that purpose. So you can try and find a pre-made one easily instead of collecting all the mats to make yourself.

If you are a budget archer, go for the green set (with a -0.1 interval bracer mentioned previously). If you are a CSer and coins don't really matter, go for the TT90 gold with heavy refines, the equipment will be bounded after usage but that won't matter if coins is not an issue :D

Personally, I'm sticking with my TT80 gold set refined 3-4, 4 immacs citrines, and bracers of Bloodmoon/generals. Do just fine with these in bh runs, solo zhenning, FCC, and RB even if uncharmed. I'm still planning on making the TT90 green set for the TT99, but won't be wearing them as I see no point in wasting coins to shard/socket/refine something which I will level out of quickly. Would prefer to save the coins for a higher level tome or ornaments don't you think?
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    It depends on what you envision your endgame gear to be. Options include:

1) Full TT99 Gold - Set Bonuses: -0.05 Interval, Vit +10. Also, can swap chest with rank armor for additional -0.05 Interval, but you lose the Vit set bonus. More flexible than #2, as you can choose between more HP or more Damage.

2) TT99 Gold Chest and Boots + TT90 Gold Wrists + Leggings - Set Bonuses: -0.05 Interval, Dex +10. Has higher dex than full TT99 Gold, but cannot swap chest with rank armor to gain an additional -0.05 Interval.

3) TT99 Wrist and Leggings + Rank Chest + Event Boots - Set Bonuses: -0.05 Interval. Highest DPS, most expensive.

Option #2 requires TT90 Gold Wrists and Leggings. Otherwise, just go with TT90 Green and get the Bracers of Blood Moon for use until 99.

FULL TT 99 Gold Set:
    2 items give -0.05 Attack Speed
    4 items give Vitality +15
    6 items give Critical +3%
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    FULL TT 99 Gold Set:
    2 items give -0.05 Attack Speed
    4 items give Vitality +15
    6 items give Critical +3%

I stand corrected.